Who's going to catch us?

graygo

8 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Absolutely.  I would be embarrassed if any Hearts player crlebrates this tin pot title. 

I think you missed the sarcasm in his post.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graygo

• Greedy Jambo

• Fozzyonthefence

• jager man

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Randy Marsh said:

Absolutely.  I would be embarrassed if any Hearts player crlebrates this tin pot title. 

This. Such a pity it can't be won on Friday , would've loved to see Neilson, Elbows & the squad having a right old celebration. All that "togetherness" on show for all to see. I feel cheated now. image.gif.ca66d0ed37d2b2f7baa8e706ee0d12db.gif🙄

Edited by NANOJAMBO

36 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Raith have an identical record in their last 6 games as us, won 2, drawn 3 and lost 1. What makes you just "hopeful" that they will drop points?

They have won their last two spanking Dunfermline in one of them. Also pushed Livi in the cup today . On "current" form its night and day between us.  Why do you pick their form over the last six games? I hope I'm wrong.

Neither Raith or Dundee will win all their remaining matches.....a win v Alloa on Friday should seal it but it might be another week before we have it confirmed.

3 minutes ago, jager man said:

They have won their last two spanking Dunfermline in one of them. Also pushed Livi in the cup today . On "current" form its night and day between us.  Why do you pick their form over the last six games? I hope I'm wrong.

I picked six because that is the "normal" way of looking at current form.

1 minute ago, Awbdy Oot said:

I picked six because that is the "normal" way of looking at current form.

I just go by current form. Obviously I'm not normal like you. Didn't know you could only judge form over six games. 

48 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

A decent manager with more than one way of playing will get a hell of a lot more from our current squad. 

We lack pace and could do with maybe 5 or 6 out and 5 or 6 in. 

It's not a major job imo.

The manager, the coaches and ann budge are more of a problem when it comes to the football. 

Your spot on with that. Football can change quickly, a couple of decent signings  a new manager with the personality to galvanise the dressing room & support and different coaching manual to the dross we’re watching week on week 👍

Greedy Jambo
Just now, jager man said:

I just go by current form. Obviously I'm not normal like you. Didn't know you could only judge form over six games. 

He's far from normal, I think that's plain to see 😂

A_A wehatethehibs

We all now know it’s past the point where he should’ve been sacked.

Its too late now. It’s gone past the point of no return. Neilson is manager to the end of the season. 

All we can do is pray the nightmare scenario doesn’t play out. 

But in my opinion, I think there’s every chance the cat will be set amongst the pigeons and we’ll draw or worse again against Alloa. I have 0 confidence in this manager or group of players to win that game. The ba is burst. Honestly how I’m feeling lads. I’ve bottled it 

Just now, jager man said:

FFS, you can judge form over any period you like, especially if it's to suit your point of view. There no law saying it must be 6. It is what is normally used as a measure of form though.

Try it, Google "SPFL Championship form table".

Let us know what comes up as the top answer.

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Craig Gordon 

Shay Logan

Michael Smith

Stephen Kingsley 

Andy Halliday

John Souttar

Craig Halkett 

Peter Haring

Gary Mackay-Steven 

Liam Boyce

We need another centre half, several midfielders and another 2 forwards and 2 wingers. So it's a lot of improvement but we don't need to kick everyone out. 

A list of players where half of them have been shite, one is constantly a footstep away from a serious injury and one has just signed, and is shite!

AlphonseCapone

Craig Gordon

Shay Logan

Michael Smith

Stephen Kingsley 

Andy Halliday

John Souttar

Craig Halkett 

Peter Haring

Gary Mackay-Steven 

Liam Boyce

We need another centre half, several midfielders and another 2 forwards and 2 wingers. So it's a lot of improvement but we don't need to kick everyone out. 

I was actually astonished you think we have the makings of a decent squad. It's ****ing horrendous. But then you followed that up by putting folk like Halliday and GMS on your decent squad list. What have you been watching? They're both washed up has beens that have been making fools of themselves in Scotland's 2nd league, and you think they're evidence of a decent squad. Mind boggling, really is. 

N Lincs Jambo

Bottom line is that this thread shouldn’t even exist. The fact that it does (and rightfully so) shows that neither the fans nor the players nor the management have any belief whatsoever.

Ffs how many points clear were we?? We don’t look like scoring whereas Raith put 5 past Dunfermline midweek.

Fwiw I still think we’ll go up as champions as long as we beat Alloa on Friday. Stuff that game up then where’s the next win coming??

1 minute ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

We just need 51 points.

51 if either Raith or Dundee win all their remaining games which isn't likely to happen.

portobellojambo1
1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

We've got 4 games left to play, the most "likely" team to catch us is probably Dundee who are 14 points behind with 2 games in hand.

Let's be generous and say they will win those 2 games, that puts them 8 points behind with 4 games left.

Looking at the form over the last 6 games where we have been shockingly bad, the "worst ever" according to some we see that Dundee have accumulated 3 points more than us so how the hell are they going to make up 8 points in 4 games? Answer - they're not.

Raith Rovers?  Haven't won any more points than us in last 6 games, they're not catching us.

League is done!

I agree with you that it is highly unlikely either Raith or Dundee will catch us. But that isn't because we have done brilliantly well. It is more a reflection that we are in a shit league with no competition and we have struggled for a lot of the season against that shit opposition. If at least one other of the clubs near the top of the league had had a good season we would not be sitting at the top of the league at the moment, in fact I'm not sure we would make the playoffs. The players need a pick me up during the close season, the club as a whole needs a pick me up during the close season and that is why we need a new coach in place, with fresh ideas and a better idea of the players we need in areas said new coach feels we are weak. I suspect there are players at the club who are better than they have looked recently, but they have been led poorly over this season coming to an end.

10 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

FFS, you can judge form over any period you like, especially if it's to suit your point of view. There no law saying it must be 6. It is what is normally used as a measure of form though.

Try it, Google "SPFL Championship form table".

Let us know what comes up as the top answer.

I okay. So 2 teams have have won three of their last 6 games. One is on a 3 game winning run and the other is on a 3 game losing streak who is the form team?

I'm enjoying this. 

Randy Marsh
1 minute ago, portobellojambo1 said:

I agree with you that it is highly unlikely either Raith or Dundee will catch us. But that isn't because we have done brilliantly well. It is more a reflection that we are in a shit league with no competition and we have struggled for a lot of the season against that shit opposition. If at least one other of the clubs near the top of the league had had a good season we would not be sitting at the top of the league at the moment, in fact I'm not sure we would make the playoffs. The players need a pick me up during the close season, the club as a whole needs a pick me up during the close season and that is why we need a new coach in place, with fresh ideas and a better idea of the players we need in areas said new coach feels we are weak. I suspect there are players at the club who are better than they have looked recently, but they have been led poorly over this season coming to an end.

Indeed.  You know we are very lucky 8/10 teams in this league voted for a truncated season or we would have been in serious trouble.  Its amazing how these things can play out sometimes.  Karma can be a real bitch.   A massive thank you to Raith and Dundee for helping us out here. :rofl:

Silvery_Moon

Hibs might start to catch up. 

But I think we have the basis of a decent squad. And other things in place that are better.

First 10 to 12 games of Premiership next season are the test. 

Worryingly I think this is how Ann Budge sees it. 

Edited by Silvery_Moon

3 minutes ago, jager man said:

I okay. So 2 teams have have won three of their last 6 games. One is on a 3 game winning run and the other is on a 3 game losing streak who is the form team?

I'm enjoying this. 

You're not getting this at all are you? Let me make it simple for you.

Looking at the form (6 games) nobody has form that is good enough to catch us.

Dundee have won 12 points.

Raith have won 9 points.

Hearts have won 9 points.

It's not great but it's good enough.

26 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

You're not getting this at all are you? Let me make it simple for you.

Looking at the form (6 games) nobody has form that is good enough to catch us.

Dundee have won 12 points.

Raith have won 9 points.

Hearts have won 9 points.

It's not great but it's good enough.

Is that current current form or just current form.

1 minute ago, jager man said:

Is that current current form or just current form.

It's normal current form, the kind I explained to you in simple terms further up.

2 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

We've got 4 games left to play, the most "likely" team to catch us is probably Dundee who are 14 points behind with 2 games in hand.

Let's be generous and say they will win those 2 games, that puts them 8 points behind with 4 games left.

Looking at the form over the last 6 games where we have been shockingly bad, the "worst ever" according to some we see that Dundee have accumulated 3 points more than us so how the hell are they going to make up 8 points in 4 games? Answer - they're not.

Raith Rovers?  Haven't won any more points than us in last 6 games, they're not catching us.

League is done!

Great!!! I can sleep easy tonight....

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Start a thread on it then.

Why?  I’m not an attention seeker who likes to start pointless threads. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

AlphonseCapone

Andy ****ing Halliday. Someone honestly thinks Hearts should start their Premier League season with Andy Halliday in the squad. 

3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Why?  I’m not an attention seeker who likes to start pointless threads. 

:rofl:

It's very unlikely anyone will but we've been absolutely shite. If we don't get more than 4 points from our next two and Raith & Dundee win all games up to the point, oor arses will be flapping. I don't trust this Hearts team to beat Alloa or Morton tbh, form suggests draws. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, jager man said:

Skybet and other sites seem to do it over 5 games so maybe that’s more normal.  Folk tend to pick a number of games to suit their own narrative though depending on whether they are trying to highlight something positive or something negative.  Christ knows how AB judges form though. 

1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Says the guy who just started a pointless thread.

This forum wouldn't exist without them. 

Nobody’s is catching us infact I will go out on a whim and say 2nd place won’t even get 46 points.

if this was a full season of 38 games then I would be genuinely worried because there is no way we would win it the way we are playing.

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

A decent manager with more than one way of playing will get a hell of a lot more from our current squad. 

We lack pace and could do with maybe 5 or 6 out and 5 or 6 in. 

It's not a major job imo.

The manager, the coaches and ann budge are more of a problem when it comes to the football. 

Not if we get what we should out the players we have 

GMS , McEneff , Kingsley , Gordon , Smith , Halkett , Souttar , Haring , Halliday , Gnando , Boyce is not a bad basis at all 

Naismith , Walker others that can do a job too if used correctly

I like White but times up imo , Henderson and a few others can go with him. 

We need some pace and power though and to get a good preseason and make sure whoever is in charge is getting what they can out the players not what the players want to give.

25 minutes ago, AlphonseCapone said:

Andy ****ing Halliday. Someone honestly thinks Hearts should start their Premier League season with Andy Halliday in the squad. 

Does an effective job of doing the dirty work , can have a dig and covers lb well. Might not be a world beater and is not a long term solution to any question but is worth keeping around next season at least

Rudi5kaceldream1ng

Leagues not done until its done. Both Dundee and Raith can still catch us so perhaps remember a few months ago this club was booted down a division unfairly. 

Well all they've got to do now to right that wrong is beat a part time side and get a draw from the remaining three games.

Just get it done and wash our hands of this Fword abortion of a season that will be memory-holed by virtually everyone anyway because no fans.

Greedy Jambo
11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Does an effective job of doing the dirty work , can have a dig and covers lb well. Might not be a world beater and is not a long term solution to any question but is worth keeping around next season at least

Halliday is far better at LB than central midfield, but for some reason, our manager can't see that. 

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Raith will finish above Dundee in my opinion. 

Highly doubtful that we'll be caught, but it will no doubt be close, going by the state of us. 

Agree on Raith. Not over till it's over though.

AlphonseCapone
50 minutes ago, sadj said:

Disagree completely. I think he's symbolic of why we're so poor, a very basic football player almost hitting the bottom of a downward slope. 

Fozzyonthefence
51 minutes ago, Rudi5kaceldream1ng said:

Leagues not done until its done. Both Dundee and Raith can still catch us so perhaps remember a few months ago this club was booted down a division unfairly. 

Well all they've got to do now to right that wrong is beat a part time side and get a draw from the remaining three games.

Just get it done and wash our hands of this Fword abortion of a season that will be memory-holed by virtually everyone anyway because no fans.

That part seems to have been forgotten about since the 6-2 game against Dundee.  Perhaps even since half time in that game. 

Tommy Brown

Dundee

Ayr A

Morton  H

Dunfermline A

Raith H

QotS A

Raith

Arbroath H

Qots A

Alloa A

Dundee A

Hearts H

We have Alloa and Ict at home and Raith  A

We easily lose last two. Surely to **** we will beat Alloa? A draw could put the cat in.

Not hard to see Raith win all theirs, tough at QotS away. 

I think we are extremely lucky Inverness had such a slow start, if

they had a few more points I would be really concerned now! And if it was a full length season I think we would be caught for sure!

but we’ll creep over the line with two more draws... what an achievement 

With the exception of Craig Gordon I couldn’t care less if every single player was shown the door. They’ve all contributed to the shit show of the last 3 years in one way or another

Harry Potter
9 hours ago, martoon said:

Shit, you've got me on edge now. 😊

Raith couldnae beat a carpet, they will collapse lol.

3 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

Raith couldnae beat a carpet, they will collapse lol.

We could lose our last four games and still not be caught, Harry.

Don't fancy putting it to the test but, with RN at the tiller, you never know.

😢

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, martoon said:

We could lose our last four games and still not be caught, Harry.

Don't fancy putting it to the test but, with RN at the tiller, you never know.

😢

We should beat Alloa😏mind you friday night, BBC.😦.