Top Posters In This Topic

• LeftBack

• GinRummy

• pointon

• A_A wehatethehibs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jamstomorrow

Would be an interesting signing. . . . until he lost a couple of games in a row.  Then he would be shit (or shite as we apparently say in Scotland) and it would be Ferguson oot!

I’m at the point now that I’d pretty much take anyone over Neilson. Sick of the sight of him . 

not levein before anyone says...

4 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

Would be an interesting signing. . . . until he lost a couple of games in a row.  Then he would be shit (or shite as we apparently say in Scotland) and it would be Ferguson oot!

I disagree. I think he’d get time as long as fans didn’t see the team get progressively worse rather than better over the course of a season in the second tier. As well as not get put out of both cup competitions by part time opposition. If he gets the best out of the players here and signs players that improve the team it’ll be his decision how long he stays. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

Hire someone who was a criminal. Or continue to watch criminal football.

Toughie.

Everyone just wants Dunc so he can kick some arse in the dressing room. Actually when I say everyone I really mean just me. 

Fans want a manager with no experience because think he would tear into them :lol: typical kickback

Just because he was an arsehole on the pitch doesn’t mean he will be the same off it. We’ve no idea what his man management skills are like. 

If we want to sort the mess out get a solid manager that will steady the ship.

Harry Potter
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Everyone just wants Dunc so he can kick some arse in the dressing room. Actually when I say everyone I really mean just me. 

Better get the dug oot😏big duncan, aye get him signed.

Jamstomorrow
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I disagree. I think he’d get time as long as fans didn’t see the team get progressively worse rather than better over the course of a season in the second tier. As well as not get put out of both cup competitions by part time opposition. If he gets the best out of the players here and signs players that improve the team it’ll be his decision how long he stays. 

If he doesn't (as have most of his recent predecessors,) it will be 'Ferguson oot!   

As the best supporters in the land who demand the highest quality, 100% of the time, that is what we do.

1 minute ago, Barack said:

Think there's a difference between metaphorically and physically. Something Duncan's never really been good at separating.

I prefer my shite managers to not be low level functioning sociopaths.

Nevio Scala is free instead.

Yep a high level functioning sociopath would be best 😀. My knowledge of football outwith Hearts is poor but would someone like Scala sign for us or has a joke gone over my head?

5 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Fans want a manager with no experience because think he would tear into them :lol: typical kickback

Just because he was an arsehole on the pitch doesn’t mean he will be the same off it. We’ve no idea what his man management skills are like. 

Tbf, even I know he’s a bit of a ‘character’ off the pitch as well. 

4 hours ago, James1874f said:

Desperate for a managers job ? Never wanted a managers job 6 months ago ? 

your mates with him aye ? Sounds like it 👍 

more chance of Barry Ferguson 

OK mate. Wasn't trying to do anything other than relay information. I'm not besties with him. Is it totally inconceivable that he might know someone? 

8 minutes ago, Barack said:

Think there's a difference between metaphorically and physically. Something Duncan's never really been good at separating.

I prefer my shite managers to not be low level functioning sociopaths.

Nevio Scala is free instead.

Scala! That takes me back to the Romanov era, haha even at 73 he would be a massive upgrade on RN.

Just now, Barack said:

"Former Borussia Dortmund and Parma coach Nevio Scala is interested in the Hearts job but will not be phoning the Edinburgh club to plead his case.

Scala was interviewed before George Burley was appointed, but owner Vladimir Romanov has since sacked the Scot and his successor, Graham Rix.

"Of course I am interested again, but Mr Romanov knows my number," Scala told BBC Sport.

"If he speaks to me, fine. If not, that's fine too."

Lithuanian Valdas Ivanauskas has been appointed interim boss until the end of the season, but Romanov has expressed doubts about his experience for the job."

A man amongst a litany of who's who, that were supposedly interested in us once upon a time.

👍 can’t remember hearing that at the time. Mind you, there was quite a lot going on back then. 

3 minutes ago, pointon said:

To be honest I would take a traffic con over Robbie Neilson right now

Fair one, Least the cone wouldn't blame the pitch or road for us being shite.

Cone in!!

Interested if he was actually approached before; don't remember any ITK posts about that.

Would be an interesting move if it happened, banter levels especially high.

He's got a lot more experience than Gerrard did when he went to Rangers as he strikes me as the kind of guy who would 'get Hearts'.

Key like Gerrard would be the coaches he would bring in with him.

Don't get the wouldn't do what Budge tells him chat. She obviously has faults in selection of managers and being too loyal but she has always backed every manager.

31 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

OK mate. Wasn't trying to do anything other than relay information. I'm not besties with him. Is it totally inconceivable that he might know someone? 

Just ignore him. No information anyone hears on here is given much credibility unless you have a proven track record going back three generations. If you hear anything else please post it. 

There are numerous ways to express doubt about itk posts but some folk just want to be angry. 

Edited by GinRummy

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Just ignore him. No information anyone here’s on here is given much credibility unless you have a proven track record going back three generations. If you hear anything else please post it. 

There are numerous ways to express doubt about itk posts but some folk just want to be angry. 

👍

Tommy Brown
20 minutes ago, Barack said:

"Former Borussia Dortmund and Parma coach Nevio Scala is interested in the Hearts job but will not be phoning the Edinburgh club to plead his case.

Scala was interviewed before George Burley was appointed, but owner Vladimir Romanov has since sacked the Scot and his successor, Graham Rix.

"Of course I am interested again, but Mr Romanov knows my number," Scala told BBC Sport.

"If he speaks to me, fine. If not, that's fine too."

Lithuanian Valdas Ivanauskas has been appointed interim boss until the end of the season, but Romanov has expressed doubts about his experience for the job."

A man amongst a litany of who's who, that were supposedly interested in us once upon a time.

I'm sure Scala called us an interesting  PROJECT.

:jjno:

Tommy Brown
20 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Fair one, Least the cone wouldn't blame the pitch or road for us being shite.

Cone in!!

Cone would just stand there and do nothing. Stupid suggestion.

Hold on! Are we talking about Lee McCulloch.

scott herbertson

Playing football for our Vets team on tour in Jersey about 20 years ago we opted to finish one evening in what I think was Jersey's only night club. I was given the kitty to go up top the bar but was refused service on he grounds of my nationality

Protesting, the barman said he was only joking but Everton had been there the previous evening and a certain Scottish player had been misbehaving.

Apparently he had ordered champagne - when asked if which champagne he wanted he had secured a jereboam (the bottle on the right)

image.png.fc7693ebd7fe39e775cb3de086e3900f.png

... and proceeded to neck the lot  himself

Things had apparently got a bit tasty after that and us Jocks were therefore downgraded on the service side.

Edited by scott herbertson

43 minutes ago, Chaps said:

Volunteering to coach Everton's youngsters (for free)

Earning his badges (despite his grievance with sfa)

Beating Chelsea as interim manager and winning four out of five games in charge.

Understudy to one of the best managers in the world (ancelotti)

I've no idea if he would be any good but there is more than one reason folk would want him. The fact he has a tough persona when we've been so lame recently could be good as well.

But anyway there's zero chance of it happening

9 hours ago, LeftBack said:

I've said it before. Friends with the big man and he was approached before Stendel but wanted to stay with Ancelloti. Very interested in hearts job and has 100% been asked if interested. 

37 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

There is a definite slight change of tone here.

From St Ninians in Stirling originaly, I might be wrong , but may Still  have relatives in the area, so it’s credible that he may want to come back to Scotland, I would  take him in a heartbeat, an exciting chance to unite the fans and club.

Edited by jamboozy

11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

From pished to “I forgot I posted this last night” I reckon 😃👍

Under the floodlight

I really dislike all this manager speculation, it always turns into a vanity project with every decent manager linked but it always ends in disappointment. We look for a new Pep but get the old poop.

59 minutes ago, Jamstomorrow said:

As the best supporters in the land who demand the highest quality, 100% of the time, that is what we do.

The supporters don't demand the highest quality 100% of the time, Cathro, Levein, and now Neilson all got a fair crack of the whip before the majority turned against them.

But if a manager has one of the higgests budgets in the country there are minimum standards and levels of expectation which go with that.

If a manager can't handle the heat...

8 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Anyone that scares the shit out of players is fine by me. 

Unfortunately not be allowed to do that now as the modern day player is over sensitive. 

He would definitely be a good manager as you don't stay at Everton for that length of time if you are not good enough 

1 hour ago, Lord BJ said:

I have heard worse suggestions tbh. Seems pretty well regarded. 

I doubt we could afford him and far from convinced he would find the hearts job all that appealing, especially at the moment. 

Taking over at a massively under performing club, that has a good infrastructure and is well resourced is a fantastic challenge and opportunity for whoever the new manager is.    What a chance for them to make their mark.   Not sure Ferguson is the right man,  but McIness would be a hugely uninspiring choice in my view.    Not finishing 3rd in the era that he was Aberdeen manager would have been failure and he had to achieve success in the cups in that time to get pass marks too.   Weak Hibs, Hearts and Rangers for years. 

1 hour ago, Chaps said:

He was rightly jailed for assault. 

Ferguson wanted everyone to think he was hard done by for one offence. In fact he was already on suspended sentences for previous assault crimes, the assault on the field of play at Ibrox was just the final straw. 

He didn't even have the character to accept responsibility instead he went in a huff with the SFA and Scotland in general. 

He has mellowed though and there is no doubting his passion for the game and Everton in particular. 

He was honest enough to admit that even as he did well looking after the team when they were managerless 

he wasn't ready for full responsibility yet. 

He would be a potentially good appointment but actually the OP has probably forgot to change his calendar 😏

18 minutes ago, Barack said:

Scored several goals v St. Ninians, when I was in juvenile football. Cannon fodder.

Oh you bully 😁

30 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Good spot.   Lots of rumours doing the rounds but one thing AB will be doing is holding her cards close to her chest and respecting RNs confidentiality.   I take it all simply as speculation.  

8 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Is everyone on kickback pished tonight I take it?

With the level of hysteria that’s present I think everyone on Kickback is pished most of the time 🍺

Gordon Ramsay

Would definitely be interesting, at least we'd have standards. 

Can't see it though, sure when he was caretaker for Everton he ruled himself out of taking it permanently. Seems happy not to be the main man. 

1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

So taking no prisoners on the pitch is a reason he would be a good manager.

Lee McCulloch.

and the comparison doesn't end there, McCulloch was playing his trade in the top tier of English football and assistant to such luminaires as Ancelloti etc etc. Uncanny eh? 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, Sherbet said:

Could keep his pigeons in the unused floor of the new stand

:lol:

1 minute ago, franco2209 said:

and the comparison doesn't end there, McCulloch was playing his trade in the top tier of English football and assistant to such luminaires as Ancelloti etc etc. Uncanny eh? 

My point was loads of people thought McCulloch would kick ass because of his reputation when he was a player. He doesn't.

2 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

My point was loads of people thought McCulloch would kick ass because of his reputation when he was a player. He doesn't.

Your wording was in relation to being ' a good manager'   👍

VagabondJambo
32 minutes ago, Under the floodlight said:

I really dislike all this manager speculation, it always turns into a vanity project with every decent manager linked but it always ends in disappointment. We look for a new Pep but get the old poop.

Great line!  Thanks for the laugh!

1 hour ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Scala! That takes me back to the Romanov era, haha even at 73 he would be a massive upgrade on RN.

And since he couldn’t speak English, if he came out with the same shite as Robbie does, most of us wouldn’t notice.  

10 hours ago, LeftBack said:

I've said it before. Friends with the big man and he was approached before Stendel but wanted to stay with Ancelloti. Very interested in hearts job and has 100% been asked if interested. 

Not sure how he'd fare as his own man but definitely wouldn't accept the lame performances we've seen the past few years