Big dunc

LeftBack

I've said it before. Friends with the big man and he was approached before Stendel but wanted to stay with Ancelloti. Very interested in hearts job and has 100% been asked if interested. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LeftBack

• GinRummy

• pointon

• A_A wehatethehibs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The_razors_edge
12 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

I've said it before. Friends with the big man and he was approached before Stendel but wanted to stay with Ancelloti. Very interested in hearts job and has 100% been asked if interested. 

I’ve suggested him on other threads as a possible left field candidate. Would absolutely be the type of character we need to drag the club out of the onfield doldrums. 

9 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

I’ve suggested him on other threads as a possible left field candidate. Would absolutely be the type of character we need to drag the club out of the onfield doldrums. 

Desperate for a manager job. Has family up here. 

The_razors_edge
Just now, LeftBack said:

I suppose you just never know if he’s happy to be an assistant forever (and let’s be honest, being Ancelloti’s assistant isn’t a bad gig) or he has desires to be the main man at another club. If he genuinely wants to be a head coach/manager and the hearts job is of interest to him then I’d be getting on the blower pronto.

I would be down with this tbh. 

Big character that would demand standards. Plenty experience working with youth. 

Conducted himself impeccably as caretaker IMO.

Guest ToqueJambo

Would be tremendous (until he turns out to be shite, unless he's good - no-one knows apart from the geniuses on here who can predict everything). One of Scottish football's most interesting personalities. He absolutely hates the SFA so that could be an issue, but is also another plus in his favour. Surely he'll head to D Utd if anywhere though?

Hope he brings his golf clubs. He'll need them for when the first phoodle poster goes up after he loses one game against Hibs.

Howdy Doody Jambo

Would love the big man to lead us But I don't think he would come back to Scottish football 

However with Gerrard and maybe Howe on his way it could give Dunc the added push to make the step into management 

He would command respect, motivate and demand high standards, get 100% out of player's and kick ass 

Edited by The Maroon Pound

45 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Would carry him up road 

47 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

I don't ask for autographs from players or many football legends but I would want his autograph before he's torn into the current squad.   Brilliant character.  Hope we give him a go.  👍 

32 minutes ago, The_razors_edge said:

He's got my vote.   Always thought he was a top player and brilliant striker.    I like the way he conducts himself to the camera and has lasted in a job for Everton for a long and respectable period. 

16 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Wouldn’t last two mins with AB. He’s not going to do as he’s told.

:cry_smile: :sad:

8 minutes ago, BarneyBattles said:

Anyone who confronts burglars in the scud with a grin on his face as he comes down the stairs to batter them would thankfully put the fear into our squad. 

It’s a yes from me. 

Should be a piece of piss for him to take on our wage thieves.

The_razors_edge
21 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Should be a piece of piss for him to take on our wage thieves.

Could you imagine the players if he was appointed? Arses twitching like a rabbits nose 😂

41 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Thought Robbie was away 100% this weet🤔

Pasquale for King

I would love that, not sure if this bunch of so called players would though. He will need a couple of years experience before the top job at Everton. 

SectionDJambo

A fighter who could change the malais of acceptance of failure that has crept unabated into our club.

But he doesn’t fit our modern profile of a manager, with skills of saying all the right things and not upsetting players, so little chance of him being offered the job of stopping us being so soft on the field of play.

Would be the perfect character for Hearts, but this incarnation of Hearts wouldn't hire him 

Edited by BigAlim

After the wet lettuces we've had and the acceptance culture allowed at the club, it does seem one of the more interesting suggestions

I mean, it would be great but he’s at the club he loves working with one of the best managers in the world. 

jamtartan74
2 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Looks that way.

A man who is probably on a very healthy wage that we would only dream of offering him who is Everton through and through would be tempted to come here hmm 🤔 not a chance. 

1 hour ago, gordon simpson said:

would like to see him as manager and he would batter all the torn faced bams on here 

He'd need time to manage the team though, not enough days in the week to do both.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, BarneyBattles said:

Anyone who confronts burglars in the scud with a grin on his face as he comes down the stairs to batter them would thankfully put the fear into our squad. 

It’s a yes from me. 

Think he took a few blows with a vodka bottle, during that fracas as well, and still kicked their ***** in, a formidable man thats for sure😂

onwards and upwards
1 hour ago, millerjames398 said:

Think he took a few blows with a vodka bottle, during that fracas as well, and still kicked their ***** in, a formidable man thats for sure😂

Frank Lampard can have a dash tae 😀

and held the "special one" to a

nil ~nil draw 

Like a game of chess. 

Edited by onwards and upwards

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would be tremendous (until he turns out to be shite, unless he's good - no-one knows apart from the geniuses on here who can predict everything). One of Scottish football's most interesting personalities. He absolutely hates the SFA so that could be an issue, but is also another plus in his favour. Surely he'll head to D Utd if anywhere though?

Hope he brings his golf clubs. He'll need them for when the first phoodle poster goes up after he loses one game against Hibs.

it wasn’t losing a game to hibs mate lots of well-loved hearts managers have done that - it was gift-wrapping their first Scottish cup triumph in 114 years that was one of many issues with poor old Robbie - just a symptom of the bigger issues within the business tho :(

can you see it now? JJ lost a few to hibs including 6-2 still a well-loved hearts man - no phoodle-type posters for JJ :)

4 hours ago, LeftBack said:

4 hours ago, LeftBack said:

Desperate for a managers job ? Never wanted a managers job 6 months ago ? 

your mates with him aye ? Sounds like it 👍 

more chance of Barry Ferguson 

Interesting suggestion.   Not one of the usual suspects, and been away from Scotland long enough, he might not have the ‘know your place’ mentality.  

I also wouldn’t take the piss under him.  

Definitely worth considering if he was a genuine and realistic option. 

7 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

What happened to Neilson leaving this week ‘100%’, m8?

*Always liked Duncan Ferguson. Think he’d make a great manager

Edited by Whatever

This type of appointment is a risk however he might actually do alright, he certainly would command respect from all of our players, what a player to look up to and learn from, Maybe would have Naismith as his coach/right hand man? I suppose it depends what kind of style/approach he has and if he would set us up in an attacking manner and look to win matches 90% of the time, My only issue is experience, are we in a position to give essentially a novice the hearts job, i think it might be too much of a risk for me, tbf though its the sort of thing i could get behind as long as i felt he was improving us every season.

TyphoonJambo
7 hours ago, pointon said:

I would give him a piggy up here if that is true

You and me both mate. Exactly what we need. I bet he'd "get the message across"

Regal Kingston

I get the feeling that Ferguson would rather stay in the backroom at Everton. Seems to be a job for life at the club he loves. 

Would be an incredible appointment. Fantasy stuff. 

aberhill jambo
3 hours ago, lsimp77 said:

I’d rather bring back Cathro with Neilson and Levein as his assistants than hire Ferguson. 

Why

8 hours ago, StevenNaismith said:

Mibby no, but sure would noak a few heids intae shape😎