Big dunc

LeftBack

1 hour ago, Swanny17 said:

FTFY 👍

Genuine question. How is it bollocks? Duncan Ferguson was sounded out for job. Or rather his agent was. He wants to be a manager. He wants to come back to Scotland. He loves Everton and is on a good wage down there. But if the job was offered he would consider it. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LeftBack

• GinRummy

• pointon

• A_A wehatethehibs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

Genuine question. How is it bollocks? Duncan Ferguson was sounded out for job. Or rather his agent was. He wants to be a manager. He wants to come back to Scotland. He loves Everton and is on a good wage down there. But if the job was offered he would consider it. 

To be fair, it’s hard to make sense of your posts as they seem a little contradictory! No offence! 👍

19 hours ago, LeftBack said:

I've said it before. Friends with the big man and he was approached before Stendel but wanted to stay with Ancelloti. Very interested in hearts job and has 100% been asked if interested. 

Can't see this happening.......

Lord Montpelier
8 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

Is this actually true have heard it being told but thought it was just a story. 

I had the misfortune of going to school with two of the chappies who burgled his house. One was called Dawson, the other appropriately Pratt. Had run ins with both back in the day, and was overjoyed when it happened to hear he had set about them. Hopefully they saw the error of their ways and have become upstanding members of society. 

Anyway, he gets my vote for Hearts manager on that alone.

1 hour ago, LeftBack said:

He is probably just keeping his options open for the future, would be amazed if he would consider coming anywhere near us at present.

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Aye but I’m talking about his credentials for the Hearts job. The 3rd biggest job in Scottish football. His credentials are about level with what Cathros were when he joined. A rookie with no relevant experience of this league or of management. Erego he’s just a hard Ian Cathro at this stage. 

Probably been mentioned, I've not read the full thread but Gerrard didn't have much relevant experience of this league or of management either.

south morocco

He’d certainly ruffle a few feathers up here. Would be an interesting appointment but there is definitely no way that would happen under the present ownership, far too risky for them....

There is no way budge is sacking Neilson. Not with her track record of pure stubbornness when it comes to the people she puts faith in 

A_A wehatethehibs
25 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Probably been mentioned, I've not read the full thread but Gerrard didn't have much relevant experience of this league or of management either.

So, some other manager went to the second placed club in Scotland with several times the budget of Hearts and did well... sorry, I’m not following how that’s relevant to us? 

heartsfc_fan

He'd certainly boot the arse out of a few players and have them pinned up against the wall.

I can hardly see Neilson raising his voice in the dressing room let alone do that.

Edited by heartsfc_fan

12 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

This thread has has gone pretty much how I thought it would.....

Disappointing.

What were you hoping? 

12 minutes ago, LeftBack said:

What were you hoping? 

I just have an image of Jay from The Inbetweeners telling this story.

Peakybunnet

Why would he come to a club in disary. 

With a top EPL club, being paid a decent wedge, working with one of the greatest club managers in the world, Everton tatoos on his body, lived in Merseyside most of his adult life. Everton about to build a wonder stadium by the Mersey. 

2 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

I just have an image of Jay from The Inbetweeners telling this story.

🤔 Can we be friends 

Rated by Shearer and Mica Richards as the hardest man in English football beating the likes of Vinnie Jones, Roy Keane, Julian Dicks etc

He’d never come here. Don’t know why anybody would think he would ? 🤷🏻‍♂️ He’s on the up so why wreck it ?

17 hours ago, Costanza said:

Interested if he was actually approached before; don't remember any ITK posts about that.

Would be an interesting move if it happened, banter levels especially high.

He's got a lot more experience than Gerrard did when he went to Rangers as he strikes me as the kind of guy who would 'get Hearts'.

Key like Gerrard would be the coaches he would bring in with him.

Don't get the wouldn't do what Budge tells him chat. She obviously has faults in selection of managers and being too loyal but she has always backed every manager.

Sacked Stendel without even telling him 

40 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

He wasn't sacked. She should have told him that we weren't keeping him on though.

Edited by Awbdy Oot

6 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

So, some other manager went to the second placed club in Scotland with several times the budget of Hearts and did well... sorry, I’m not following how that’s relevant to us? 

You can't see similarities between Gerrard going to Rangers and Ferguson coming to Hearts? 

53 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

He wasn't sacked. She should have told him that we weren't keeping him on though.

Wish she’d told CL we weren’t keeping him on after the cup final.

I appreciate his contract was up, however she was not slow to get rid, for once

1 hour ago, Jamhammer said:

That's a fair point about loyalty re. Stendel, and whilst she didn't sack him as Awbdy Oot says, she handled that incredibly poorly,particularly as he gave up his wage.

1 hour ago, Costanza said:

That's a fair point about loyalty re. Stendel, and whilst she didn't sack him as Awbdy Oot says, she handled that incredibly poorly,particularly as he gave up his wage.

I don't know this but I've got a feeling that RN's salary is a whole lot less than DS's would have been and we took the cheaper option. Piss poor from the club though the way it was handled.

12 hours ago, LeftBack said:

You are just on the wind up. Fair play if that makes you happy. Maybe proof read your posts as you have ended up arguing with yourself and making a tit of yourself 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 hours ago, Awbdy Oot said:

You can't see similarities between Gerrard going to Rangers and Ferguson coming to Hearts? 

No. There are none. Different guy, different club, different circumstances, different budget, different squad. And while we’re at it completely different class of pro as well.

There’s more similarities with Ian Cathro coming to Hearts than there is Gerrard going to Rangers. 

2 hours ago, XB52 said:

You are just on the wind up. Fair play if that makes you happy. Maybe proof read your posts as you have ended up arguing with yourself and making a tit of yourself 

Thanks for that