*****Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian thread ******

cookieboy

15 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Can hear Neilson's post-match interview now....."delighted with a clean sheet, tough team to beat" (aye, Raith thought so too) blah-de-blah. zzzz!

Quote ""In this league, you'll get punished if you don't take your chances. I though Popescu was MotM""......👍👍

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hearts007

• Harry Potter

• sadj

• NANOJAMBO

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

There is a whiff of Butcher's Hibs.

How many are out of contract come the summer? (Ignoring obvious answer of not enough of them)

100%, Butcher syndrome has kicked in. 

Just now, JamboAl said:

We are all disappointed but does the highlighted part not suggesrt we are better than the rest?

No it means we were better than them. 

I honestly can’t see us win another game with this attitude from the players/ management  , it’s a f****g joke we talking about other teams who will beat who ! we should have won this p**h league weeks ago apart from CG they are all a disgrace to wear the jersey .

upgotheheads
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A 0-0 draw against a team that have hardly won any games this year. I don’t give a **** if we get promoted this way it has to change. We are no better than any other team in this league, we just got lucky that they all fell apart before we did. 

Too much truth for comfort there.

17 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Sunburn ? 

Heat rash ?

If only it was as tangible.

2 hours ago, TheBigO said:

Keep the updates going pls. Watching this on jkb as we're unfortunately allowed the in-laws in the garden!

Glad the in laws were roond!!!

2 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

Of course you would.

He’s right. Dunfermline squandered 3 good chances. All of them wide. We failed to deal with simple through balls and were lucky not to concede. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 minute ago, Busby8 said:

Have you seen their run in 

Yes...

I am not expecting Raith or Dundee to win all their games, which is pretty much what it'd take but then again, I didn't expect our players to be shitting this the way they are either.

Just now, upgotheheads said:

Too much truth for comfort there.

And very possibly way too much work to do before next season. Most of the match-day squad needs changing.

Bazzas right boot

If we'd beaten Brora and QoS then a point at Dunfermline would be OK, but we never so it's a bit shite. 

Our ability to not just score but threaten teams in the 1st half is a big worry. 

****ing nonsense actually and shows no sign of stopping. 

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

If we'd beaten Brora and QoS then a point at Dunfermline would be OK, but we never so it's a bit shite. 

Our ability to not just score but threaten teams in the 1st half is a big worry. 

I'd still be ****ed off with 1 point from 6 at EEP tbh.

8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

A 0-0 draw against a team that have hardly won any games this year. I don’t give a **** if we get promoted this way it has to change. We are no better than any other team in this league, we just got lucky that they all fell apart before we did. 

Bang on. 

The Treasurer
5 minutes ago, SaintsnHearts said:

Bloody hell, I’ve been an interested and curious observer of Hearts for a while but recently decided to do away with the disenchanting EPL and follow Hearts, full-on.

Admittedly, this is the first time I’ve watched a game this season but that was a hard, hard watch.

Part of me feels like I’m rubbernecking a scene, knowing what crap you’ve been served up in recent weeks and then coming along to have a long look myself.

That said I think I can understand why the supporters are wound up if this is the usual standard guff you get served up each game.

I think the more I watch from here on, I might understand the frustrations just a little bit more - if I don’t already by now.

Believe it or not today was an improvement on recent shit performances, that's why we are angry 

We seem aimless and frantic. Then we seem to slow it down at the wrong time. 

The lack of quality in our play is a little startling.  Inaccurate far too often and lack of anticipation in the last third to steal a march on the opposition defence.  

Desperate. 

lost in space
13 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Thankfully we'll get 4 points from the next two at least. 

But we'll lose to Raith and draw or lose v ICT. 

If Neilson wins this league by 6 points or less. He should be fired into space. 

NOOOOOOOOO. Keep him away from me............................

SaintsnHearts
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

From a relative outsiders view, I can almost guarantee this a team thrown together with zero to little tactical instruction. The definitive of throwing 11 blokes together of varying pedigree and hoping it works.

I’m still trying to work out whether it’s the team to at needs major surgery or whether it’s the club that needs wholesale changes...

tolcross lad

I keep saying I'm not going to PPV but done it again.

The Hearts team I am watching is a bunch of individuals most of them good enough for the Championship.But they dont work as a team.

Only Gordon and Smith and maybe Boyce stand out as SPFL players.

We look low on confidence and we are not able to play through teams as we build up lethargically and then play long balls.There is absolutely no cohesion.Its hard to work out what they do all week.

I watched Andy Irvine when on loan at Berwick as a 17 year old and he is exactly the same player with the same attributes and faults.Great control with his left can hit a pass and cross but one paced and slow to the breakdown.

He is bigger and stronger but is he good enough? certainly not in the  deep position he was in today.

To be honest folks I am tired of watching this S***e

Just now, SaintsnHearts said:

From a relative outsiders view, I can almost guarantee this a team thrown together with zero to little tactical instruction. The definitive of throwing 11 blokes together of varying pedigree and hoping it works.

I’m still trying to work out whether it’s the team to at needs major surgery or whether it’s the club that needs wholesale changes...

Both 👍

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
1 minute ago, Debut 4 said:

We seem aimless and frantic. Then we seem to slow it down at the wrong time. 

The lack of quality in our play is a little startling.  Inaccurate far too often and lack of anticipation in the last third to steal a march on the opposition defence.  

Desperate. 

Totally. And we know where that comes from. Our coaching, tactics, and overall message to our players for six years has had a stifling effect. About 100 players have come through in that time and I can count on one hand any who improved or showed a consistent amount of individuality and creativity. It's why blaming the players is a nonsense. 

10 minutes ago, SaintsnHearts said:

Bloody hell, I’ve been an interested and curious observer of Hearts for a while but recently decided to do away with the disenchanting EPL and follow Hearts, full-on.

Admittedly, this is the first time I’ve watched a game this season but that was a hard, hard watch.

Part of me feels like I’m rubbernecking a scene, knowing what crap you’ve been served up in recent weeks and then coming along to have a long look myself.

That said I think I can understand why the supporters are wound up if this is the usual standard guff you get served up each game.

I think the more I watch from here on, I might understand the frustrations just a little bit more - if I don’t already by now.

Your sisters bedroom is where you will wake up tomorrow morning.

SaintsnHearts
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Believe it or not today was an improvement on recent shit performances, that's why we are angry 

My word.. And I thought my ‘born’ team Southampton were a tough watch!

upgotheheads

I wouldn't want to be in a play-off with any of Raith, Dundee, ICT, or Dunfermline. Were 5th best of that lot, and if we hadn't started the league as well as we did it would be another season in the Championship for sure.

1 minute ago, SaintsnHearts said:

Both. 

SaintsnHearts
Just now, Vlad Magic said:

Your sisters bedroom is where you will wake up tomorrow morning.

If only I had a sister. 😂

Japan Jambo

Has our glorious leader spoken yet? Must be nearing the back of the excuses encyclopedia by now, may need another note from his mentor and creator.

Edited by Japan Jambo
typo

Chuck Berry

Remember that time when we went out and wiped the floor with Dundee.  Then Neilson gradually implemented his style.......

9 minutes ago, Section Q said:

The John Hagart of our times.....!

I have to disagree there. Haggart dragged us off the bottom of the 18 team league in 74 to 8th in the league and took us the the final in 76 and victory over Leipzig. Okay he ended with relegation in 77 but we were doing well enough until Ralph Callachan was sold, and that was hardly his decision. He had absolutely no money to spend on players, Neilson has had bucket-loads. He resigned because he felt that he had let the club down and ended up coaching at Rangers and with the Scotland World Cup squad. Can you imagine Neilson being given these opportunities?   

Just now, MarkDevriesScores4 said:

Jamie Walker must have shat in robbie’s cornflakes 

Unreal that GMS plays ahead of him. 

Not one of Neilson's January signings has made us better. 

9 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agree.  We show absolutely no indication of turning this around.  Same team, same subs, same sh*t.

2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Has our glorious leaser spoken yet? Must be nearing the back of the excuses encyclopedia by now, may need another note from his mentor and creator.

He should stick to his rental portfolio and pack football in. 😀

The reason we are where we are , as well as Craig Gordon, is the fact we were back in training earlier and better prepared than the rest of the league . We are so lucky we had the testing facilities or we wouldn't be coming up imo.

SomethingAboutObua

Hes guaranteed to be here until the first round of fixtures next year if we go up. And it's starting to lean more towards if than when now ffs. 

Robbo-Jambo
14 minutes ago, One five said:

I honestly can’t see us win another game with this attitude from the players/ management  , it’s a f****g joke we talking about other teams who will beat who ! we should have won this p**h league weeks ago apart from CG they are all a disgrace to wear the jersey .

Correct. 

Only one I want to keep is Gordon. 

The rest of them along with our management team can just **** right off. 

They are a complete embarrassment to our club. 

Silvery_Moon

Dunfermline now can't catch us so 3rd place is sealed. Budge and Neilson with the champagne out tonight no doubt. 

3 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Hes guaranteed to be here until the first round of fixtures next year if we go up. And it's starting to lean more towards if than when now ffs. 

It's when and has been since the Ayr 2.0 win if not the Dundee 6.2 game.

One of Raith or Dundee can get to 51, but still need to play each other.

We can't throw it away.

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, Silvery_Moon said:

Dunfermline now can't catch us so 3rd place is sealed. Budge and Neilson with the champagne out tonight no doubt. 

Imagine we needed a play off after being on holiday for a month........how unfit and 'up for it' would that shower of shit be?

6 minutes ago, Eldar Hadzimehmedovic said:

Totally. And we know where that comes from. Our coaching, tactics, and overall message to our players for six years has had a stifling effect. About 100 players have come through in that time and I can count on one hand any who improved or showed a consistent amount of individuality and creativity. It's why blaming the players is a nonsense. 

A lot of sense in that.  I've said it all along, come to Tynie and you'll get your enthusiasm, creativity and willingness to take the ball on for more than three seconds (unless you're static in which case you can hold it for twenty seconds) drilled out of you.

Management and its tactics 80% to blame.

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, Jarhead said:

There is a whiff of Butcher's Hibs.

How many are out of contract come the summer? (Ignoring obvious answer of not enough of them)

2, poor excuse he’s been running with to take the heat off Neilson. 

1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

A lot of sense in that.  I've said it all along, come to Tynie and you'll get your enthusiasm, creativity and willingness to take the ball on for more than three seconds (unless you're static in which case you can hold it for twenty seconds) drilled out of you.

Management and its tactics 80% to blame.

I e said all along it’s too much tactics not too little. Trying to overthink what’s a pretty simple game. There’s a reason that managers who are tactically good sign foreign players, they are taught from an early age about the game. There’s no point pretending you’re a tactical genius when it’s detrimental to the team. Keep it basic and stick to the same line up every week. 

Silvery_Moon
5 minutes ago, Jambo61 said:

Imagine we needed a play off after being on holiday for a month........how unfit and 'up for it' would that shower of shit be?

Not a chance we would get through it. If we go to the last game of the season still needing some at Starks Park we already know what the outcome will be. 

This is a joke. We should have won this last month.

4 points needed but not guaranteed! 4 games left.