Pro Cycling 2021

Cade

Greedy Jambo

Those time checks at the start were a bit iffy like 😂

He did look like he was putting more effort in than Pogacar though. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cade

• Tazio

• Greedy Jambo

• Mikey1874

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I did like when they did a side by side shot comparison.

Vinegaard was in full aggressive attack mode all the way.

Pog was going fast but not fighting for it as much as Vinegaard was.

Greedy Jambo

It would be a shame if the tour de france was over due to one time trial, but it looks that way now, Jumbo is a far stronger team with better sports scientists (that bike change)

Also the points Pogacar missed out on when he was asleep at the wheel, he should have been told on the mic that it was coming up. I'm not buying the Motorbike excuse. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

TdF has been won or lost in TTs for yonks.

Someone gets miles ahead from the Prologue then their team defend it for 9 days then the 2nd TT where they gain even more time then a coast to Paris.
Boring pish.

It's been great only having one TT and it being towards the end.

Greedy Jambo
24 minutes ago, Cade said:

TdF has been won or lost in TTs for yonks.

Someone gets miles ahead from the Prologue then their team defend it for 9 days then the 2nd TT where they gain even more time then a coast to Paris.
Boring pish.

It's been great only having one TT and it being towards the end.

They should maybe just get rid of them, you know it's a lot of bollocks when the mountain guys are beating the time trial experts. 

Greedy Jambo

What happened to that sprinter that was beating folk up mountains last year? You've got to question these things. 

1 hour ago, Greedy Jambo said:

They should maybe just get rid of them, you know it's a lot of bollocks when the mountain guys are beating the time trial experts. 

They've been cutting back on TTs in recent years.

Can't remember the last time we saw a Team TT on the TdF.

And only 1 Individual TT this year, a wee diddy one on stage 16.

Greedy Jambo

Looks like it's just a race between the Yates brothers now, to see who is the favourite son 🤣

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Saw this on LeTour website.

TOUR DE FRANCE 2024 - LAST STAGES IN NICE

Tour de France organisers unveiled, in the presence of Nice mayor Christian Estrosi and Prince Albert II of Monaco, the details of the last two stages of the 2024 edition.

A mountainous course from Nice to Col de la Couillole has been designed for the 20th stage scheduled on Saturday, July 20th, while the 21st stage will be contested in a 35-km time trial on Sunday, July 21st, between Monaco and Place Masséna in Nice. An ideal programme for an exciting final weekend.  

Sounds unusual to me.

Ah...Paris Olympics?

3 hours ago, Boof said:

Saw this on LeTour website.

TOUR DE FRANCE 2024 - LAST STAGES IN NICE

Tour de France organisers unveiled, in the presence of Nice mayor Christian Estrosi and Prince Albert II of Monaco, the details of the last two stages of the 2024 edition.

A mountainous course from Nice to Col de la Couillole has been designed for the 20th stage scheduled on Saturday, July 20th, while the 21st stage will be contested in a 35-km time trial on Sunday, July 21st, between Monaco and Place Masséna in Nice. An ideal programme for an exciting final weekend.  

Sounds unusual to me.

Ah...Paris Olympics?

Your last sentence is correct. 

A bit of a different version of the final sprint today as they’ve moved the finish line further away from the last corner. 
I’m going for Groenewegen but also have a niggling feeling it might not be a big name sprinter that gets it as it will be a real power run from the final charge which will help riders like Pedersen. The best organised lead out should will win which points to Philipsen getting it but that would be a bit boring. I want to see a shock winner. Sagan would be fun but that would be an absolute miracle. 

Aye the laps make it much faster.

Every lap is faster than the previous one and it's mayhem.

Decent start to the TdF Femmes today too. Brilliant solo attack by Kopecky.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty nice seeing Edinburgh featuring in the Elite Men's Road Race in the 2023 World Champs.

Shame that they're going over to Fife and then into the Weeg afterwards.

10 minutes ago, Cade said:

Pretty nice seeing Edinburgh featuring in the Elite Men's Road Race in the 2023 World Champs.

Shame that they're going over to Fife and then into the Weeg afterwards.

Edinburgh always looks good on occasions like this. Easy to take for granted what a stunning city it is.  I think Zwift missed a trick with concentrating on Glasgow and a heavily stylised version of Scotland on their new map. Edinburgh castle , Arthur's Seat, Royal Mile, Princes St would all have made great backgrounds.

22 minutes ago, Daktari said:

Edinburgh always looks good on occasions like this. Easy to take for granted what a stunning city it is.  I think Zwift missed a trick with concentrating on Glasgow and a heavily stylised version of Scotland on their new map. Edinburgh castle , Arthur's Seat, Royal Mile, Princes St would all have made great backgrounds.

10 laps around inner city Weegieland is a bit of a waste, could have spent more miles out in the Scottish countryside, or in Edinburgh and the surrounds.

2 minutes ago, Cade said:

10 laps around inner city Weegieland is a bit of a waste, could have spent more miles out in the Scottish countryside, or in Edinburgh and the surrounds

Indeed. Scotland is stunning. Glasgow, for the most part, isn't......

3 minutes ago, Cade said:

I'm assuming it's climate protestors.

Not sure if a cycling race is really the best target.

They clearly don't do irony.....

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Daktari said:

Wrong time of the year. City overcrowded with the festival taking place. Cycling should be nowhere near Edinburgh at this time of the year.

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Wrong time of the year. City overcrowded with the festival taking place. Cycling should be nowhere near Edinburgh at this time of the year.

A good point but it also meant a decent crowd to cheer the riders off.

And it was early enough in the morning to not clash with most shows.

Malinga the Swinga
38 minutes ago, Cade said:

Not so sure it's the cyclists, it's the support staff, organisers, volunteers and rest who all travel by plane and car. 

Quotes are it will take 70 years of low emission zone in Glasgow to cancel out the additional carbon emissions created by cycling event being held now.

Still disagree with these folk though as I was enjoying the race. Also good their message was blanked out so they didn't get the publicity they crave.

OmiyaHearts
49 minutes ago, Cade said:

Its an ideal target. British Cycling have a sponsorship deal with Shell.  

29 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

There wasn't any shows or venues on the route. 

Fxxx the SPFL

I’d have grabbed them by the legs and pulled them off the road tough shit if there skin gets pulled off or cyclists should have ridden over them pissed off with all these protesters 

Ford Prentice
28 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

I’d have grabbed them by the legs and pulled them off the road tough shit if there skin gets pulled off or cyclists should have ridden over them pissed off with all these protesters 

Wow, what a tough guy you are. I wont be protesting about anything, anywhere now I know you're on the case.

Police chipped them free then arrested them and the race continued.

Best of all, the TV never gave them any publicity at all.

When you deny them the oxygen of publicity, that's when you win.

Their cause is just.

Their methods are not.

Fxxx the SPFL
1 hour ago, Ford Prentice said:

Wow, what a tough guy you are. I wont be protesting about anything, anywhere now I know you're on the case.

Not a tough guy at all just pissed of at them go and glue themselves to 10 downing strret just my opinion 

All roads lead to Gorgie

This is getting boring now, round and round the same Glasgow streets. They should have had a longer circuit up to Highlands or down to the Borders and then a couple of times round the city streets.

Ford Prentice
54 minutes ago, Cade said:

Police chipped them free then arrested them and the race continued.

Best of all, the TV never gave them any publicity at all.

When you deny them the oxygen of publicity, that's when you win.

Their cause is just.

Their methods are not.

43 minutes ago, **** the SPFL said:

Not a tough guy at all just pissed of at them go and glue themselves to 10 downing strret just my opinion 

Can live with both of these views. Argument over

Enjoying the race but got two screens going and can hardly take my eyes off the shitshow at Easter Road. Its been a great day for sport in Edinburgh.

Fxxx the SPFL
25 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

Can live with both of these views. Argument over

Enjoying the race but got two screens going and can hardly take my eyes off the shitshow at Easter Road. Its been a great day for sport in Edinburgh.

Agreed great watching the flumps getting beat 👍

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

This is getting boring now, round and round the same Glasgow streets. They should have had a longer circuit up to Highlands or down to the Borders and then a couple of times round the city streets.

Aye maybe 5 laps in the Weeg then another 100km in the countryside.

10 laps taking up half the route is gash.

Having said that, the laps have been fascinating viewing with plenty drama.

All roads lead to Gorgie
23 minutes ago, Cade said:

Aye maybe 5 laps in the Weeg then another 100km in the countryside.

10 laps taking up half the route is gash.

Having said that, the laps have been fascinating viewing with plenty drama.

The racing was good in the end. Big names from the Tour de France fighting it out. 

W VdP storming it.

The boy is some rider likes.

And he's going again in the mountain bikes in a couple of days!

*as an aside, Orla seems to have come dressed as Olivia Neutron Bomb from the end of Grease.

1 hour ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Especially when they said it was one of the longest road races already, so why the need to do 10 laps around Glasgow city centre?  They could even have kept the same countryside route, then just do 4/5 laps, nobody needed to see the same streets again and again...and again.

Edited by PortyJambo

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, PortyJambo said:

Especially when they said it was one of the longest road races already, so why the need to do 10 laps around Glasgow city centre?  They could have kept the same countryside route, then just do 4/5 laps, nobody needed to see the same streets again and again...and again.

I'm sure a lot of people would have turned off the tv after the first four or five laps where showcasing the countryside would have kept the interest, I watch the Tour de France not only for the racing but also seeing the landscape along the way. Glasgow blowing it's own trumpet again maybe.

Malinga the Swinga
3 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Especially when they said it was one of the longest road races already, so why the need to do 10 laps around Glasgow city centre?  They could even have kept the same countryside route, then just do 4/5 laps, nobody needed to see the same streets again and again...and again.

Agree with this. No need to showcase the same dreary streets time after time, especially as they are soulless streets with nothing of interest nearby.

Contrast that with racing past Palace, up the Royal Mile, down the Mound and through to New Town.

Presumably it was because there is only a certain part of Glasgow that is safe and fit to be seen by rest of world.