Stewart wallace and FOH representatives

Selkirkhmfc1874

portobellojambo1
17 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Employing all of your friends can't be a healthy environment to work in

It is if you want to make decisions that will always get passed.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

portobellojambo1
18 minutes ago, David Black said:

We are a Limited Company and with any Ltd Co. the owners of that Co., that's us through FOH, have every justification to hold the Board of Directors to account. That is what we are staring to do now, but when the shares are transferred and we officially own the Co. that is when we hold real power. 

We are not the owners of the club at the moment, that doesn't become the case until the shareholding moves across. At the moment the owners of the club are Bidco, in the guise of Ann Budge. FOH have two members on the football board at the moment, but when the owner is surrounded by what seem to be a number of her friends any decisions will always pass on her say so, at the moment. Once the shares change hands I think FoH then have to make it clear it is effectively a fresh start and can then lay down the ground rules for going forward, including the basis of the committee to run the football side of the business, with the right to remove any existing members of the club board. If it is a fresh start everything needs to be fresh.

Tommy Brown
54 minutes ago, David Black said:

It's actually the opposite. If we did not have in effect fan ownership just now we would have no leverage with the board whatsoever. It is the very fact that we are the biggest fan owned club in the UK that gives us this power. The problem is not fan ownership, but how badly run we are at present. It is a one woman show and the rest just jump.

A big problem we have is installing a leader who will takes us forward and appoint the next coach/manager.

This concerns me.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Italian Lambretta
9 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

A big problem we have is installing a leader who will takes us forward and appoint the next coach/manager.

This concerns me.

If you mean a  CEO with a footballing pedigree and someone who defends his club to the hilt against the evils of the GFA then there's a good candidate currently at Falkirk who fits the bill.

Nookie Bear
18 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Employing all of your friends can't be a healthy environment to work in

Dunno about you but my friends are never slow to let me know i am making an arse of something.

The difference is if their employment depends on my good nature, then they may be inclined to hold their tongues a bit.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Dunno about you but my friends are never slow to let me know i am making an arse of something.

The difference is if their employment depends on my good nature, then they may be inclined to hold their tongues a bit.

Pay your friends. They'll suddenly agree with everything you say. 

Francis Albert
6 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

We are not the owners of the club at the moment, that doesn't become the case until the shareholding moves across. At the moment the owners of the club are Bidco, in the guise of Ann Budge. FOH have two members on the football board at the moment, but when the owner is surrounded by what seem to be a number of her friends any decisions will always pass on her say so, at the moment. Once the shares change hands I think FoH then have to make it clear it is effectively a fresh start and can then lay down the ground rules for going forward, including the basis of the committee to run the football side of the business, with the right to remove any existing members of the club board. If it is a fresh start everything needs to be fresh.

FOH should have been the owners of the club about 12 months ago. They (or we) chose not to. The main reason seemed to be because due to Covid we couldn't have a party.

We still have no clear idea when the transfer of ownership will happen.

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

Hearts needs a vaccine against the cronyvirus in the Boardroom.syringe.jpg.4e97bd0de4ccf1ce434cb3622d7c8968.jpg 

Spot on.

Lone Striker
7 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

FOH should have been the owners of the club about 12 months ago. They (or we) chose not to. The main reason seemed to be because due to Covid we couldn't have a party.

We still have no clear idea when the transfer of ownership will happen.

The informal response I had from SW was "probably this summer".   Not holding my breathe about that though - AB will probably come up with  reasons why it should be delayed further (pandemic, fans or no fans, transition to Premiership, club not yet debt free, etc etc etc) ...... and SW will agree.   If AB is really as devious/controlling as some on here are making out, this could go on for a while longer.  

I am worried about the lack of strong leadership in FoH. Who is going to step up and seek election when we have ownership? The original leaders , it seems, are sidelined for whatever reason, and we have a cohort of (mainly )middle aged men from the professions on the current Board. How do we change this? ( not me, I'm a  middle/old aged man..etc).

Who in FoH will seek election. Anyone from on here? Only winners who recognise winning on the park is the priority need apply....

8 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I am worried about the lack of strong leadership in FoH. Who is going to step up and seek election when we have ownership? The original leaders , it seems, are sidelined for whatever reason, and we have a cohort of (mainly )middle aged men from the professions on the current Board. How do we change this? ( not me, I'm a  middle/old aged man..etc).

Who in FoH will seek election. Anyone from on here? Only winners who recognise winning on the park is the priority need apply....

I've posted this a few times, Leslie Deans stepping up if he feels up to it would be widely accepted IMO. Throughout the demotion saga he provided a loud eloquent and passionate fan friendly voice. Being a former owner, I cannot think of someone better placed to know and understand the expectations of the fans and what we are looking for from the FOH.

I don't think we've had multiple candidates yet, we need a bit of variety and choice to who we elect. I think Les would at least be able to set a standard for what leadership looks and sounds like in holding the club accountable for failure.

David Black
11 hours ago, Lone Striker said:

The informal response I had from SW was "probably this summer".   Not holding my breathe about that though - AB will probably come up with  reasons why it should be delayed further (pandemic, fans or no fans, transition to Premiership, club not yet debt free, etc etc etc) ...... and SW will agree.   If AB is really as devious/controlling as some on here are making out, this could go on for a while longer.  

I cancelled my DD on Monday and will not restart until handover has been completed. No more delays , no more pathetic excuses. The removal of Ann Budge can then be voted on by the members after that. If there is any hint of further delay it is up to the members to contact SW. All he needs to do is contact all members ( he has our e-mail address ) asking what we want FOH to do. He then takes it from there. 

David Black
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

I've posted this a few times, Leslie Deans stepping up if he feels up to it would be widely accepted IMO. Throughout the demotion saga he provided a loud eloquent and passionate fan friendly voice. Being a former owner, I cannot think of someone better placed to know and understand the expectations of the fans and what we are looking for from the FOH.

I don't think we've had multiple candidates yet, we need a bit of variety and choice to who we elect. I think Les would at least be able to set a standard for what leadership looks and sounds like in holding the club accountable for failure.

Totally agree.

davemclaren
37 minutes ago, David Black said:

I cancelled my DD on Monday and will not restart until handover has been completed. No more delays , no more pathetic excuses. The removal of Ann Budge can then be voted on by the members after that. If there is any hint of further delay it is up to the members to contact SW. All he needs to do is contact all members ( he has our e-mail address ) asking what we want FOH to do. He then takes it from there. 

Unless there is an FoH EGM called then the next opportunity for a vote on anything is the December AGM. 

David Black
25 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Unless there is an FoH EGM called then the next opportunity for a vote on anything is the December AGM. 

I realise we would have to call an EGM, I've mentioned that a few times and I believe it requires 5% of the members to agree. In the circumstances I don't think getting 5% would be much of a problem. If enough members contacted FOH, then they would be obliged to contact all members asking if this is what the wanted. I see no leadership from FOH at all through all of this, yet that's one of the main things required of them. Staying silent is no leadership.

1 hour ago, David Black said:

I totally agree with your sentiments but the big problem is SW isn't going to do anything.  He heads up a glorified fundraiser and passes on any investor comments to the board. Big Deal. 

He ought to do more proactively but he won't. Guaranteed.  I  tweeted FOH twice to ask them to have a confidence vote on AB & Neilson : not a word in response. They're just hoping it all blows over too. 

9 minutes ago, David Black said:

I realise we would have to call an EGM, I've mentioned that a few times and I believe it requires 5% of the members to agree. In the circumstances I don't think getting 5% would be much of a problem. If enough members contacted FOH, then they would be obliged to contact all members asking if this is what the wanted. I see no leadership from FOH at all through all of this, yet that's one of the main things required of them. Staying silent is no leadership.

Well said, 

David Black

Let's face it, maybe our criticism of Stuart Wallace and FOH is out of order and their hands are tied, they are powerless to do anything . If that's the case then why does SW not communicate that with his members and explain where we are wrong. Surely to Christ that's not beyond him.

davemclaren
19 minutes ago, David Black said:

I think to call an EGM someone would have to get 5% to countersign the motion. I don’t think a flurry of emails will be sufficient, or we may well have had one called already. 

3 minutes ago, David Black said:

Let's face it, maybe our criticism of Stuart Wallace and FOH is out of order and their hands are tied, they are powerless to do anything . If that's the case then why does SW not communicate that with his members and explain where we are wrong. Surely to Christ that's not beyond him.

As the board representative of the clubs major investor , you'd think he'd either be assuring us he has faith in the board or doing something about it to calm the situation. 

But he's an accountant basically & the balance sheet is OK so there's no problem in his mind.

Oh, and he's forwarded on the mails. 

Footballfirst
2 hours ago, Wilson said:

The original leaders (directors) were mentioned in Ian Murray's book.

Donald Ford was considered only to be a "name" for the pledgers to relate to, but he didn't attend meetings or contribute much to his role as director. 

Alex Mackie was viewed as a divisive individual and was alleged to have tried to disrupt the plans to take pledges by Direct Debit.

Brian Cormack resigned suddenly from both the Club and FOH Boards apparently due to "work commitments".

Gary Halliday was an original director, left after 10 months, then rejoined around 18 months later and is still there.  

James Bryant left after AB took over the club.

Edited by Footballfirst

1 hour ago, David Black said:

Pretty straightforward, at least the articles of the association would indicate so. Just needs an individual(s) with the motivation and strength of conviction to organise / lead the process. Only watch out in getting the names (to call for a vote) would be to ensure that they are actually members of the FOH.

Good luck.

Poll votes
30.−(1) A poll on a resolution may be demanded:
(a) in advance of the general meeting where it is to be put to the vote, or
(b) at a general meeting, either before a show of hands on that resolution or immediately after the result of a show of hands on that resolution is declared.
(2) A poll may be demanded by:
(a) the chairman of the meeting;
(b) the directors;
(c) two or more persons having the right to vote on the resolution; or
(d) a person or persons representing not less than one tenth of the total voting rights of all the members having the right to vote on the resolution.

22 hours ago, David Black said:

It's actually the opposite. If we did not have in effect fan ownership just now we would have no leverage with the board whatsoever. It is the very fact that we are the biggest fan owned club in the UK that gives us this power. The problem is not fan ownership, but how badly run we are at present. It is a one woman show and the rest just jump.

I understand that the present situation is extremely damaging for the club and to maintain the status quo is not desirable but still don't believe that fan ownership is the way to go.

Football fans' groupings are notoriously bad for (rather quickly) creating factions within their organisation and basically fail to agree on the square root of sod all, with things usually deteriorating into bitter in-fighting.

I admire the optimism that think differently though.

Just now, JDK2020 said:

I understand that the present situation is extremely damaging for the club and to maintain the status quo is not desirable but still don't believe that fan ownership is the way to go.

Football fans' groupings are notoriously bad for (rather quickly) creating factions within their organisation and basically fail to agree on the square root of sod all, with things usually deteriorating into bitter in-fighting.

I admire the optimism of those who think differently though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

I think you’re misunderstanding what’s actually going on.

We’re seven years into Budge’s tenure. The club’s performance is wholly unsatisfactory so people, after investing so much money through FOH, are rightly asking FOH what they’re actually doing, other than just throwing spades of cash to Hearts. What influence are they exerting? What pressure are they putting on? Are they representing us in any way whatsoever?

The answers are none, none and no. And people have lost patience. It’s not as if Budge has been there for six months and we’re all kicking off. Seven years, most of which have been dross and it doesn’t look like getting better. With someone as intransigent and arrogant as Budge, you either let her have her way or you actively challenge her.

FOH are a disgrace btw. An absolute disgrace in sitting idle and refusing to rock the boat. I’m not sure fan ownership is necessarily a bad thing. But it’s starting to look like fan ownership through a group as pathetic as FOH might be.

1 minute ago, JDK2020 said:

What Football Fans Groupings can you give as examples of your concerns?

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

What Football Fans Groupings can you give as examples of your concerns?

There might be some learnings from the Pompey Supporters Trust - they (a fans organisation) owned the club for 4 years but then sold their shares to an investment company.

1 minute ago, Jambo-Fox said:

There might be some learnings from the Pompey Supporters Trust - they (a fans organisation) owned the club for 4 years but then sold their shares to an investment company.

Either the fans must have wanted that to happen or else they did not have the proper rules in place to stop it from happening if that's what the majority of fans did not want to happen.

6 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We’re seven years into Budge’s tenure. The club’s performance is wholly unsatisfactory so people, after investing so much money through FOH, are rightly asking FOH what they’re actually doing, other than just throwing spades of cash to Hearts. What influence are they exerting? What pressure are they putting on? Are they representing us in any way whatsoever?

The answers are none, none and no. And people have lost patience. It’s not as if Budge has been there for six months and we’re all kicking off. Seven years, most of which have been dross and it doesn’t look like getting better. With someone as intransigent and arrogant as Budge, you either let her have her way or you actively challenge her.

FOH are a disgrace btw. An absolute disgrace in sitting idle and refusing to rock the boat. I’m not sure fan ownership is necessarily a bad thing. But it’s starting to look like fan ownership through a group as pathetic as FOH might be.

I don't want to go dissing the peeps at the FOH TBH, as they are pretty much a victim of the situation IMO, and I believe that they are all there with the best interests of the club at heart. It's a big responsibility to deal with other people's money and not all are up to it, and I think that's what we are finding out. People (and I don't mean anybody in particular) shouting from the sidelines that they know better while not actually taking on any of the responsibility themselves is also an issue.

I get the impression that the FOH guys are sitting there like rabbits in the headlights looking for someone to tell them what to do next, which kinda sums up my lukewarm response to fan ownership. 

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Either the fans must have wanted that to happen or else they did not have the proper rules in place to stop it from happening if that's what the majority of fans did not want to happen.

I believe the members voted nearly 80% in favour of selling - true fan ownership and democracy in action with voices being heard, certainly things to be learnt!

David Black
27 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Excellent, FOH are rightly being called out on this and their silence speaks volumes. If they continue to refuse to engage in any meaningful manner with the members they laughingly represent, they should stand down if they have any integrity. They are now starting to look pretty pathetic frankly.

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I believe the members voted nearly 80% in favour of selling - true fan ownership and democracy in action with voices being heard, certainly things to be learnt!

Wouldnt pass the 90% super-uber majority now in place.

16 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

I don't want to go dissing the peeps at the FOH TBH, as they are pretty much a victim of the situation IMO, and I believe that they are all there with the best interests of the club at heart. It's a big responsibility to deal with other people's money and not all are up to it, and I think that's what we are finding out. People (and I don't mean anybody in particular) shouting from the sidelines that they know better while not actually taking on any of the responsibility themselves is also an issue.

I get the impression that the FOH guys are sitting there like rabbits in the headlights looking for someone to tell them what to do next, which kinda sums up my lukewarm response to fan ownership. 

How I feel now - you can see what's happening & Hearts and it isn't good.

Fan ownership is a meaningless statement - FOH is a major investor in a failing business (as far as football is concerned) and is happy to sit by, pour more cash in cos the balance sheet looks great. 

That's a balance sheet that has benefited from millions of FOH money and apparently expects to continue to do so. 

12 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Well it seems that the fans got what they wanted so as you say true democracy.

What things can be learned?  Surely if that's what the fans wanted and were given the opportunity to vote for then is that not a fit and proper way to run the club.?

50 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Very good post....

The bit in bold is particularly revealing!.....FoH are demonstrating all the attitudes that do give fan ownership a bad name, or at lease put people off the idea.

The FoH contributors are maybe now waking up to the idea that it's just possible that they have been taken for mugs and that the main benefactors through these contributions have been the FoH reps, Budge, the board....actually everyone except Hearts football club!

Sad to say it, however FoH lack of gumption and leadership at this critical time is as damaging as anything that Budge and Neilson are inflicting on the club.

Neilson Out 

3 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The original leaders (directors) were mentioned in Ian Murray's book.

Donald Ford was considered only to be a "name" for the pledgers to relate to, but he didn't attend meetings or contribute much to his role as director. 

Alex Mackie was viewed as a divisive individual and was alleged to have tried to disrupt the plans to take pledges by Direct Debit.

Brian Cormack resigned suddenly from both the Club and FOH Boards apparently due to "work commitments".

Gary Halliday was an original director, left after 10 months, then rejoined around 18 months later and is still there.  

James Bryant left after AB took over the club.

I've sat at Board meetings with both Alex & Ian and that is not my recollection of events at all.

1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

That someone is likely to be AB.

18 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I've sat at Board meetings with both Alex & Ian and that is not my recollection of events at all.

Maybe not, but having read Mr Murray's book I got the same impression as @Footballfirst

4 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Maybe not, but having read Mr Murray's book I got the same impression as @Footballfirst

There is no doubt that they didn't see eye to eye but Ian's book, which I haven't read, would be his side of the story.

11 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

I have lost confidence in the current governance of Hearts completely.

This. 

Nodding dogs on the board. 

1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

The FoH guys on the Hearts board are in a difficult position. However, the FoH committee/executive are less so and should be able to represent their members views from the hundreds of emails and Direct Debit cancellations made. If they are ignorant of FoH members views perhaps they could canvass the remaining members, afterall they have our email addresses.  There recent statement was a pitiful forelock  tugging couple of sentences echo the statement from Budge and co.

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

There is no doubt that they didn't see eye to eye but Ian's book, which I haven't read, would be his side of the story.

Yes history is owned by those who write it to a large extent.

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

The FoH guys on the Hearts board are in a difficult position. However, the FoH committee/executive are less so and should be able to represent their members views from the hundreds of emails and Direct Debit cancellations made. If they are ignorant of FoH members views perhaps they could canvass the remaining members, afterall they have our email addresses.  There recent statement was a pitiful forelock  tugging couple of sentences echo the statement from Budge and co.

The 2 on the club Board could make a stand & resign if they feel that their views are being ignored.

On 30/03/2021 at 16:24, David Black said:

We are a Limited Company and with any Ltd Co. the owners of that Co., that's us through FOH, have every justification to hold the Board of Directors to account. That is what we are staring to do now, but when the shares are transferred and we officially own the Co. that is when we hold real power. 

Except when we don't actually hold any real power you mean!