Stewart wallace and FOH representatives

Selkirkhmfc1874

Lone Striker
34 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Just a wee reminder of the FoH Visions - I would contend fails on 1 & 2

To have Hearts fans centrally involved in the ownership of this great club.

To continue to support a well-run club which operates with integrity and transparency and which encourages entertaining football from teams built around players produced by a thriving youth development programme.

To have the club remain at its spiritual home of Tynecastle.

To ensure that the future of Heart of Midlothian Football Club remains secure for all time.

Number 2 is a  huge FAIL right there - not just these last couple of weeks, but its been a failure for several years.   I've just emailed Stuart Wallace to highlight this sentence, and have asked for evidence of what the  FoH reps on the HMFC board are doing to steer the club towards realising this vision - even though FoH are not yet the majority shareholder.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

Auld Reekin'
8 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I agree FoH needs a rethink and I'd contribute again to a model where our contribution go towards specific things like the youth academy or a one season boost to the transfer budget or something.

:kirk:

It's probably going to "...or something..." already.

Edited by Auld Reekin'

17 minutes ago, south morocco said:

FoH must be on here in some capacity. They must know the feeling amongst the supporters. Time

to put pressure on them to act

They might read it but they don't post on here. 

Nelly Terraces

The Foundation of Budge.

Just a bunch of lapdogs. Stopped paying money to this shower 18 months ago & they won't see another penny until their beloved leader has left Hearts for good.

Jambo in Bathgate
39 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes is the short answer.

However, the obvious problem is that you don't have a list of members, although I think that you can make a request to a company (FOH) for such a list given a reasonable reason.  

You would them have to contact them either individually by email or collectively through message boards like JKB or Facebook etc.

It would take time to get sufficient support together, prepare  resolution to be voted upon, and to provide notice of a meeting, so it is not something that could be done overnight.

There may be issues regarding data protection and therefore FOH are unable to release data even emails addresses without permission. Maybe a member on here should ask members to pm them to get the ball rolling and get sufficient members to back an approach to the FOH board to ask that the thoughts of the FOH membership be surveyed. 

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

It's relevant as you were wrong to say they allowed Budge to dump the stand bill on us. We voted for that. I'm delighted we paid for the new stand for obvious reasons. Not the stand itself but the fact it put an end to decades of talk of us having to leave Tynecastle. I've contributed to FoH since day one almost but stopped recently not because of the performances but because I don't agree with the model they seem to be going for. I just wanted to save the club and get ownership sorted anyhow, so job done. I agree FoH needs a rethink and I'd contribute again to a model where our contribution go towards specific things like the youth academy or a one season boost to the transfer budget or something.

She got a cost for the new stand from an architect* which proved to nowhere near a reasonable estimate but was faced with the cost she could not possibly meet but which put the very existence of the club in a bind.  So who was left holding the baby ? 

Who was going to pay for it , if not the FOH ?

Budge ? No. 

The club ? No. 

I know perfectly well the FOH voted for it and I already mentioned that up the thread so I don't propose going through all that again. 

My main point : how (did ?) the FOH reps sit on board meetings where the club was committed at huge commercial risk for a new stand where no reasonable estimates were obtained for the costs ? And they signed off on that ? 

* As told to me on here by a poster who is well known and claims to be a long term sponsor.

Guest ToqueJambo
51 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Yes is the short answer.

However, the obvious problem is that you don't have a list of members, although I think that you can make a request to a company (FOH) for such a list given a reasonable reason.  

You would them have to contact them either individually by email or collectively through message boards like JKB or Facebook etc.

It would take time to get sufficient support together, prepare  resolution to be voted upon, and to provide notice of a meeting, so it is not something that could be done overnight.

Could cross-check the commemorative shirt with the phone directory or Facebook

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

There may be issues regarding data protection and therefore FOH are unable to release data even emails addresses without permission. Maybe a member on here should ask members to pm them to get the ball rolling and get sufficient members to back an approach to the FOH board to ask that the thoughts of the FOH membership be surveyed. 

The relevant bits of the Companies Act.  FOH can't use data protection legislation to stop a member obtaining a list of members for a legitimate reason.

113Register of members

(1)Every company must keep a register of its members.

(2)There must be entered in the register—

(a)the names and addresses of the members,

(b)the date on which each person was registered as a member, and

(c)the date at which any person ceased to be a member.

114Register to be kept available for inspection

(1)A company's register of members must be kept available for inspection—

(a)at its registered office, or

(b)at a place specified in regulations under section 1136.

115Index of members

(1)Every company having more than 50 members must keep an index of the names of the members of the company, unless the register of members is in such a form as to constitute in itself an index.

116Rights to inspect and require copies

(1)The register and the index of members' names must be open to the inspection—

(a)of any member of the company without charge, and

(b)of any other person on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.

(2)Any person may require a copy of a company's register of members, or of any part of it, on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.

(3)A person seeking to exercise either of the rights conferred by this section must make a request to the company to that effect.

(4)The request must contain the following information—

(a)in the case of an individual, his name and address;

(b)in the case of an organisation, the name and address of an individual responsible for making the request on behalf of the organisation;

(c)the purpose for which the information is to be used; and

(d)whether the information will be disclosed to any other person, and if so—

(i)where that person is an individual, his name and address,

(ii)where that person is an organisation, the name and address of an individual responsible for receiving the information on its behalf, and

(iii)the purpose for which the information is to be used by that person.

Edited by Footballfirst

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

She got a cost for the new stand from an architect* which proved to nowhere near a reasonable estimate but was faced with the cost she could not possibly meet but which put the very existence of the club in a bind.  So who was left holding the baby ? 

Who was going to pay for it , if not the FOH ?

Budge ? No. 

The club ? No. 

I know perfectly well the FOH voted for it and I already mentioned that up the thread so I don't propose going through all that again. 

My main point : how (did ?) the FOH reps sit on board meetings where the club was committed at huge commercial risk for a new stand where no reasonable estimates were obtained for the costs ? And they signed off on that ? 

* As told to me on here by a poster who is well known and claims to be a long term sponsor.

As I understand it it wasn't so much cost over-run as things were added to the scope as new funds became available for it (benefactors?). But I never paid much attention to all that. More than happy to have Tynecastle looking as majestic as it does today, without the club getting in financial trouble to make it that way, and couldn't give a shit about the project management and governance and all that. 

As I understand it it wasn't so much cost over-run as things were added to the scope as new funds became available for it (benefactors?). But I never paid much attention to all that. More than happy to have Tynecastle looking as majestic as it does today, without the club getting in financial trouble to make it that way, and couldn't give a shit about the project management and governance and all that. 

Fair enough.

I just wanted to be clear about the governance point / FOH involvement.

I accept "we are where we are " and like you didn't pay that much attention  at the time other than reluctantly accept it had to be paid for somehow. But life seemed much simpler then. 

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Fair enough.

I just wanted to be clear about the governance point / FOH involvement.

I accept "we are where we are " and like you didn't pay that much attention  at the time other than reluctantly accept it had to be paid for somehow. But life seemed much simpler then. 

It was and it wasn't! Around that time we were flying high in the league (or at least we were where everyone agrees we should be) and a bunch of Hearts fans still wanted our manager out. So same old same old really. There's a lot more justification for wanting Neilson out this time. There wasn't any last time. So that's different.

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 hours ago, jambo191 said:

Should be voting Wallace out asap.

Another Budge lapdog.

Yep, seems like it to me, pretty much just tried to put all responsability on the club, if he doesn't have the power to change things, then at least call out the bullshite of the ones that do at the club i.e budge and rest of the board

Foh is supposed to represent the fans views, not the clubs. What fan is happy with our current set up Wallace?

It was and it wasn't! Around that time we were flying high in the league (or at least we were where everyone agrees we should be) and a bunch of Hearts fans still wanted our manager out. So same old same old really. There's a lot more justification for wanting Neilson out this time. There wasn't any last time.

Agreed - and that's what I was referring to. I'm going to bow out now because the debate on here has moved on a bit. 

17 minutes ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The Foundation of Budge.

Just a bunch of lapdogs. Stopped paying money to this shower 18 months ago & they won't see another penny until their beloved leader has left Hearts for good.

:spoton:

south morocco
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The relevant bits of the Companies Act.  FOH can't use data protection legislation to stop a member obtaining a list of members for a legitimate reason.

113Register of members

(1)Every company must keep a register of its members.

(2)There must be entered in the register—

(a)the names and addresses of the members,

(b)the date on which each person was registered as a member, and

(c)the date at which any person ceased to be a member.

114Register to be kept available for inspection

(1)A company's register of members must be kept available for inspection—

(a)at its registered office, or

(b)at a place specified in regulations under section 1136.

115Index of members

(1)Every company having more than 50 members must keep an index of the names of the members of the company, unless the register of members is in such a form as to constitute in itself an index.

116Rights to inspect and require copies

(1)The register and the index of members' names must be open to the inspection—

(a)of any member of the company without charge, and

(b)of any other person on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.

(2)Any person may require a copy of a company's register of members, or of any part of it, on payment of such fee as may be prescribed.

(3)A person seeking to exercise either of the rights conferred by this section must make a request to the company to that effect.

(4)The request must contain the following information—

(a)in the case of an individual, his name and address;

(b)in the case of an organisation, the name and address of an individual responsible for making the request on behalf of the organisation;

(c)the purpose for which the information is to be used; and

(d)whether the information will be disclosed to any other person, and if so—

(i)where that person is an individual, his name and address,

(ii)where that person is an organisation, the name and address of an individual responsible for receiving the information on its behalf, and

(iii)the purpose for which the information is to be used by that person.

Good info. We must start putting pressure on them to act on our behalf. Theyve had a long run with no bumps in the road 🤣 Time for some uncomfortable questions to be asked of the board on our behalf. This has to be possible or the whole thing is futile 

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Good info. We must start putting pressure on them to act on our behalf. Theyve had a long run with no bumps in the road 🤣 Time for some uncomfortable questions to be asked of the board on our behalf. This has to be possible or the whole thing is futile 

The act of making such a request might be enough to prompt the FOH Board to actually do something, if nothing else to avoid the embarrassment of being called to account.

I still think it would be extremely difficult to get the support of 400+ members to sign up.  Many of those who would have supported calling an EGM will already have stopped their DDs, thereby discontinuing their membership.

wattie exploited
2 hours ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Everyone and I mean everyone at the club, and more recently the FOH, is acting and has been acting like a zombie for 3 years. 

It’s actually quite incredible, inexcusable and I genuinely don’t understand it

And whilst I don’t want to open up a debate or start an argument the only single person in the last 3 years that has shown any proper passion energy and desire to change the club and the team and turn it around is Stendel.

Yet he is the only person in that time that Budge as actually shat on. The guy took no wages whilst Levein continued to coin in 50% FFS.

100 % this :rifle:

David Black

It's about time Stuart Wallace or Donald Cumming came out and stated what they have said at the most recent board meeting. We have a right to know when a situation becomes as serious as this. With the exception of going into administration, you cannot get more serious. Clearly these 2 have forgotten their role in all this,but it's about time they remembered. 

David Black
12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The act of making such a request might be enough to prompt the FOH Board to actually do something, if nothing else to avoid the embarrassment of being called to account.

I still think it would be extremely difficult to get the support of 400+ members to sign up.  Many of those who would have supported calling an EGM will already have stopped their DDs, thereby discontinuing their membership.

There should still be more than enough to support this though. In fact it is a 2 pronged attack. The financial implications of DD's being cancelled and also calling an EGM. 

Japan Jambo
19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Do you happen to know what triggers whether or not you are considered a member;

For example do you cease to be a member because you are no longer contributing regardless of what you have tipped in previously?

If you pledge again and set up a DD do you immediately become a member again?

1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

You have to ask why people are desperate for change. This is not about the last week. There has been a year on year deterioration in both achievements, performance and entertainment going on for five years.  I can even tell you when it started.  Hearts 2-0 up on Hibs in the 2016 Scottish Cup with 10 minutes to go, allowed Hibs to equalise, then failed turn up at the replay.

Most fans will understand the concept of having a bad season, but will get increasingly restless when it extends to two, three, four or five seasons.

This isn't really about FOH and its membership. It is about all Hearts fans up and down the country. They bought into the promises of being the 3rd biggest club, increasing income generated both internally and externally.  The fans have delivered, the Board, the Management and the Players haven't.

Consider what the reaction would be to recent performances if fans were allowed in the stadium.  The protest would at least be on par with that faced by the Pieman.  Budge, Wallace, Neilson and the players have actually had it easy in that regard, sheltered from the immediacy of the wrath of the fans. 

The Club and FOH even declined to hold virtual AGMs where fans could participate and ask questions directly of the respective Boards, despite many clubs much smaller than Hearts organising Zoom calls or similar.

As with all football clubs, there comes a time when it must act and make changes, whether it wants to or not, otherwise lasting damage will follow, e.g. non renewal of STs, cancelled DDs loss of future fans.

Hearts is at that point now, otherwise its short to medium term future is at risk.

Great post.

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Do you happen to know what triggers whether or not you are considered a member;

For example do you cease to be a member because you are no longer contributing regardless of what you have tipped in previously?

If you pledge again and set up a DD do you immediately become a member again?

I think that the only reference to termination of membership in the Articles of Association refers to advising FOH that you wish to terminate it.

However, I suspect that they will receive a list of failed or cancelled DDs from GoCardless every month (or can login and access the info directly).

The basis of continued membership is the payment of regular amounts, so I would expect that FOH would deem anyone who has cancelled their DD to be a lapsed member.

tolcross lad
16 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Whether it was over-run or added to we ended up owing Ann Budge £1.5 m by June 2019 and the stand was still not finished.

For what it's worth the new stand should be good asset but it put us in substantial debt way before Covid struck.All of this not long before the final payment of the Bidco loan in February 2020.

I remember being extremely disappointed at the 2019 AGM to learn that we were to be saddled with such debt as I thought it incumbent on Ann Budge and the board which included FOH directors to transfer a debt free club even if it meant some scaling or holding back on what you say were add ons.

One further consequence was that we were in a less resilient financial position when disaster struck.

1 hour ago, CJGJ said:

Another thread looking to knock anything or anybody associated with the club

Those people named are you, me, my fellow fans and friends not some secret organisation

They are in post because they underwent elections......you know the democratic process but like MP's are not simply there to follow short term emotions but to try and take a longer term view (which may be the same)

Now many of the vocal fans may be right but to pillory those who are helping the club and expecting quick responses from them when they are in post to take a more considered view is wrong

So next time put yourself forward for election, give us your ideas and convince the voters you can improve matters but look back and see how difficult the role can be.

Too many are so desperate for change they are unwilling to take a step back, consider all the options and understand what they can do NOT what many wish they could do

Fan owned (but not fan run to the extent that those in charge have to bow to the will of those who shout loudest is the future).....if you think it is bad just now imagine what would happen when the fans in the pub or on the internet believe they have the right to micro manage matters

JKB, FOH,FOHSC all represent the fans but not all the fans and again that needs to be remembered

Nice try but your wasting your time, too many consumed with anger. Unlawful behaviour being condoned, insults hurled, threats being made, libellous comments made and common sense ridiculed. Try again in a few weeks time.

19 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think that the only reference to termination of membership in the Articles of Association refers to advising FOH that you wish to terminate it.

However, I suspect that they will receive a list of failed or cancelled DDs from GoCardless every month (or can login and access the info directly).

The basis of continued membership is the payment of regular amounts, so I would expect that FOH would deem anyone who has cancelled their DD to be a lapsed member.

I wonder if their application to (re)join will be automatically accepted or will they be scrutinised before a decision is made?

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I wonder if their application to (re)join will be automatically accepted or will they be scrutinised before a decision is made?

If they accept your new DD, then I would say that was enough. I'm unaware of any other checks and I know that there are a number of people who routinely stop/start their pledges.

It's quite clear that the foundation are disconnected from the fans they've supposed to represent. 

Their pathetic, servile statement just about sums them up. 

31 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

We part resolved this. "Lapsed pledgers" who had put in at least £120 - 1 year at £10 / month - would retain voting rights for some but not all aspects. 

5 hours ago, Nelly Terraces said:

The Foundation of Budge.

That brown noser Wallace is a huge part of the problem 

4 hours ago, shaun.lawson said:

Foundation of Fearties. 

Your opinion doesn’t count in any way whatsoever. A theoretical fan. 
Edit. I realise that sounds a bit harsh but there’s a lot of anger and dispute going on but whatever the views it’s fans who care. You’ve not been sighted on here for ages and you’ve reappeared for the drama. 

Edited by Tazio

10 hours ago, Sarah O said:

I'd love to know how many DD's have been cxx'd in the last week. 

This is it. 

I said on the DD cancellation thread that some clever sod needs to work out the quantifiable parts to all this. 

Otherwise it’s just a load of old bumping of gums. 

Some statistics (not wild estimations) can then be presented to FOH, to demonstrate the immediate impact. 

How do you do that AND get in front of the noses that should be acting on our behalf? I don’t know. 

However, maybe this kind of data added to a petition for action would at least force a discussion? 

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

If the FoH is genuinely seeing payments starting to fall this week then he simply has to inform Ann what is happening and that it is likely to snowball into a very serious situation financially if action is not taken. 

All he can do is state the facts on our behalf and hope Ann takes heed. 

Nookie Bear
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Your opinion doesn’t count in any way whatsoever. A theoretical fan. 
Edit. I realise that sounds a bit harsh but there’s a lot of anger and dispute going on but whatever the views it’s fans who care. You’ve not been sighted on here for ages and you’ve reappeared for the drama. 

Yes, probably smells a story for a blog or something. 

shaun.lawson
8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Yes, probably smells a story for a blog or something. 

Yeah - I mean, it's not like there's been anything to write about regarding Hearts for the last 5 years, is it? Especially last year: no drama at all. Everything was just so mundane. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

For the record: I stopped posting on here because of vicious personal abuse towards not just me, but my family. From people on this forum. There's some utterly disgusting people online - and when it affects my family, it's too much. Not that either you or Taz would likely give the first damn about any of that.

11 hours ago, Japan Jambo said:

Just a wee reminder of the FoH Visions - I would contend fails on 1 & 2

To have Hearts fans centrally involved in the ownership of this great club.

To continue to support a well-run club which operates with integrity and transparency and which encourages entertaining football from teams built around players produced by a thriving youth development programme.

To have the club remain at its spiritual home of Tynecastle.

To ensure that the future of Heart of Midlothian Football Club remains secure for all time.

Ouch! That one really isn’t going too well, is it?

Nookie Bear
9 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

You wish.

35 minutes ago, shaun.lawson said:

Yeah - I mean, it's not like there's been anything to write about regarding Hearts for the last 5 years, is it? Especially last year: no drama at all. Everything was just so mundane. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 

For the record: I stopped posting on here because of vicious personal abuse towards not just me, but my family. From people on this forum. There's some utterly disgusting people online - and when it affects my family, it's too much. Not that either you or Taz would likely give the first damn about any of that.

Not saying it’s right but perhaps you need to read your last sentence if you’re wondering why that happens. 

Sent to a camp for re-education. 

‘Scrutinised’, FFS.

:rofl:

The Real Maroonblood

shaun.lawson
2 minutes ago, leginten said:

Sent to a camp for re-education. 

‘Scrutinised’, FFS.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

Here at the Foundation of Continually Execrable Grammar and Defending the Indefensible, we are delighted that you wish to start pledging again. It is the only right and proper thing for any true Hearts fan to do. 

However, for reasons we are sure you will understand, we wish to scrutinise your application first. Please answer the following questions.

- Have you ever criticised our hero and saviour, Ann Budge? Y/N

- Have you ever criticised the heroic, selfless Foundation? Y/N

- Have you ever said anything nice about evil megalomaniac Vladimir Romanov? Y/N

- Have you ever criticised Hearts legend Craig Levein? Y/N

- Have you ever questioned Robbie Neilson's successful, title-winning management? Y/N

Please be aware that it may be necessary to trawl social media in order to confirm the accuracy of your answers and that further evidence in support of your application may be required. 

Yours in sport,

Your caring sharing Foundation of Hearts. Everything we do, we do it for you.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, shaun.lawson said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: 

Here at the Foundation of Continually Execrable Grammar and Defending the Indefensible, we are delighted that you wish to start pledging again. It is the only right and proper thing for any true Hearts fan to do. 

However, for reasons we are sure you will understand, we wish to scrutinise your application first. Please answer the following questions.

- Have you ever criticised our hero and saviour, Ann Budge? Y/N

- Have you ever criticised the heroic, selfless Foundation? Y/N

- Have you ever said anything nice about evil megalomaniac Vladimir Romanov? Y/N

- Have you ever criticised Hearts legend Craig Levein? Y/N

- Have you ever questioned Robbie Neilson's successful, title-winning management? Y/N

Please be aware that it may be necessary to trawl social media in order to confirm the accuracy of your answers and that further evidence in support of your application may be required. 

Yours in sport,

Your caring sharing Foundation of Hearts. Everything we do, we do it for you.

:greatpost:

Japan Jambo

Just listening through episode 10 of the 'This Is My Story' podcast where SW is taking part as a guest. Really interesting listen and gives quite an insight as to why he is involved, his relationship with Budge and what he is getting out of it. Just over 2 hours.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Japan Jambo said:

Just listening through episode 10 of the 'This Is My Story' podcast where SW is taking part as a guest. Really interesting listen and gives quite an insight as to why he is involved, his relationship with Budge and what he is getting out of it. Just over 2 hours.

I only listened to some of it but very interesting as you say. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, davemclaren said:

I only listened to some of it but very interesting as you say. 

Did he pretend that he stands up to her?

Japan Jambo
1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Did he pretend that he stands up to her?

You should look it out, very insightful. 1 hour 41 minutes in will give you a flavour.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

You should look it out, very insightful. 1 hour 41 minutes in will give you a flavour.

In the interests of balance I will listen but action speaks louder than words and I never see any action on the part of Wallace or FOH.

11 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Scrutinised for what?