Stewart wallace and FOH representatives

Selkirkhmfc1874

18 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

Turning out like fan groups of the past.Get a wee bit wined and dined and lose touch with who they are meant to represent.

Succulent lamb will be on the menu tomorrow.

• Replies 674
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NANOJAMBO

• davemclaren

• iainmac

• Pasquale for King

We are now seeing the issues with a fan owned structure here. My concern is the Mr Wallaces of this world get too sucked into the football director world and the wee perks and benefits it offers and they then lose sight of why they are there in the first place.

To me it is relatively straightforward. They are effectively non-Executive Directors who should be asking the right questions about how the club is being run and protecting the best interests of the shareholders they represent. Their job is not to get too close or comfortable with the day to day executive management of the club. I fear that is what is happening here and we see the inevitable consequences unfortunately.

Two things required for these people are:-

• They understand their role and are suitably qualified to undertake it
  • They only stay in position for 2 years maximum. I am sorry if that is already the case as I do not know the current situation on their tenure as FOH appointed directors.

The fan ownership structure has many benefits to offer but there are also some potential downsides and growing pains that need to be addressed in the light of experience. They are definitely fixable with the right approach being applied. I am not sure a time of crisis as we are seeing now is the best situation to effect these changes, but for sure they need to be implemented for the long term benefit of the club we all care for. 

Edited by JamboBoy

Just now, davemclaren said:

It’s the members ( declining it seems ) they represent. I’m surprised no-one has tried to call an EGM, though it could be difficult to do. 

I've quit as of this week so it's down to current members. 

Rick Sanchez

Say he does voice our opinions...

SW - The fans aren't happy with the standard of football and the manager, atleast 90% want him gone.

AB - No we've just recently signed him up on a three year deal and he's currently in the process of rebuilding after a difficult period.

What does he say or do from there? 

south morocco
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

It’s the members ( declining it seems ) they represent. I’m surprised no-one has tried to call an EGM, though it could be difficult to do. 

Why could it be difficult to call an EGM? Genuine question. When there is a crisis at the club surely it’s prudent to implement an EGM. Given the amount of  fan pressure recently this could be a club crisis of sorts?

When they see the reduction of FOH subscriptions and reduced ST numbers then it will become clear as day. 

Neilson is done and it’s when not if. 

1 minute ago, JamboBoy said:

To me it is relatively straightforward. They are effectively non-Executive Directors who should be asking the right questions about how the club is being run and protecting the best interests of the shareholders they represent. Their job is not to get too close or comfortable with the day to day executive management of the club. I fear that is what is happening here and we see the inevitable consequences unfortunately.

Exactly what I've been saying on here for a very long time. 

IMO there is/was  a lack of scrutiny re the board (I'm not implying anything illegal!) , the continual overspend, the farce of the new stand project , recruitment, what IS happening in the football department?

Worthing Jambo
27 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

I must admit I just pay my monthly amount and that's that, i don't get involved with things like AMG's. Most of the time I don't even read emails sent from FoH. I'd imagine a lot of people do similar and just blindly pay in. Going years unchallenged has got us what we have now.

Yet those that did express concerns were ridiculed.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

SW - The fans aren't happy with the standard of football and the manager, atleast 90% want him gone.

AB - No we've just recently signed him up on a three year deal and he's currently in the process of rebuilding after a difficult period.

He has leverage, huge leverage. Take it to the members for one. 

David Black
1 hour ago, jambo191 said:

Should be voting Wallace out asap.

Another Budge lapdog.

In 2019 club AGM Stuart Wallace & Donald Cumming were up for re-election. I was the only person out of around 500 people who voted against. It was obvious to me at that time both were failing as to their members. 1 out of around 500, that is is apathy that has got us to where we are today. SW talks well, that's it. He is fecking useless.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The same thing as any decent union would say if the company told them that there was a 0% pay rise this year....P$ss off back to your members with that news!

He has lot's of ammunition to use......However, he is in with the furniture now......He's effectively jumped ship.

Footballfirst
5 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Why could it be difficult to call an EGM? Genuine question. When there is a crisis at the club surely it’s prudent to implement an EGM. Given the amount of  fan pressure recently this could be a club crisis of sorts?

If the Board doesn't want to call an EGM of its own back, then it needs 5% of the members (approx 400) to sign to sign up behind a request.

Edited by Footballfirst

south morocco
3 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

When they see the reduction of FOH subscriptions and reduced ST numbers then it will become clear as day. 

Neilson is done and it’s when not if. 

That’s how I see it. It’s all going to come to a head shortly imo.

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

how do  foh members call an egm? i left on wednesday so not sure i can now. 

south morocco
1 minute ago, Footballfirst said:

If the Board doesn't want to call an EGM of it's on back, then it needs 5% of the members (approx 400) to sign to sign up behind a request.

So it could happen if enough people back it?

Japan Jambo
2 minutes ago, David Black said:

In 2019 club AGM Stuart Wallace & Donald Cumming were up for re-election. I was the only person out of around 500 people who voted against. It was obvious to me at that time both were failing as to their members. 1 out of around 500, that is is apathy that has got us to where we are today. SW talks well, that's it. He is fecking useless.

Presumably someone would also need to stand though - easier in theory than practice...

Footballfirst
2 minutes ago, Djm1874 said:

how do  foh members call an egm? i left on wednesday so not sure i can now. 

303Members' power to require directors to call general meeting

(1)The members of a company may require the directors to call a general meeting of the company.

(2)The directors are required to call a general meeting once the company has received requests to do so from—

(a)members representing at least [F15%] of such of the paid-up capital of the company as carries the right of voting at general meetings of the company (excluding any paid-up capital held as treasury shares); or

(b)in the case of a company not having a share capital, members who represent at least [F15%] of the total voting rights of all the members having a right to vote at general meetings.

(3)F2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

(4)A request—

(a)must state the general nature of the business to be dealt with at the meeting, and

(b)may include the text of a resolution that may properly be moved and is intended to be moved at the meeting.

(5)A resolution may properly be moved at a meeting unless—

(a)it would, if passed, be ineffective (whether by reason of inconsistency with any enactment or the company's constitution or otherwise),

(b)it is defamatory of any person, or

(c)it is frivolous or vexatious.

(6)A request—

(a)may be in hard copy form or in electronic form, and

(b)must be authenticated by the person or persons making it.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He simply says that is as maybe but he still has to go. I would point to the fact that both collectively and individually we are seeing no improvement. There is no way AB can disagree with that as the team is going backwards and ask her to tell you exactly which players in the squad have shown any signs of improvement. Both of these requirements lie fairly and squarely at the door of the coach and based on experience so far cannot possibly be disputed as being anything other than a huge disappointment. Which player has shown any improvement? Even a supposed young player with great potential such as Irving has actually gone backwards and most certainly has not improved in the slightest. No other young players have been given an opportunity to play so I can only assume they have not improved or developed properly either. Damning indeed I would say.

OK so now back to you AB please for a suitable response. 

7 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

The truth.  “I’m not sure you fully understand the strength of feelings being expressed by our members.  They’ve had enough Anne,  they really have.   It’s already too late for Robbie,  there’s no coming back from here and the longer it goes on the more it’s going to damage the club.  We’ve already seen pledges canned and it will hit season tickets sakes too.   Now is the time to act if we want to keep the fans and this club moving forward together”.      Point being,  if he’s not putting our views across clearly, he’s not representing us. 

14 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

We are now seeing the issues with a fan owned structure here. My concern is the Mr Wallaces of this world get too sucked into the football director world and the wee perks and benefits it offers and they then lose sight of why they are there in the first place.

Two things required for these people are:-

• They understand their role and are suitably qualified to undertake it
  • They only stay in position for 2 years maximum. I am sorry if that is already the case as I do not know the current situation on their tenure as FOH appointed directors.

The fan ownership structure has many benefits to offer but there are also some potential downsides and growing pains that need to be addressed in the light of experience. They are definitely fixable with the right approach being applied. I am not sure a time of crisis as we are seeing now is the best situation to effect these changes, but for sure they need to be implemented for the long term benefit of the club we all care for. 

Totally. A role like this is unfortunately open to those with fragile egos and because they would never normally find themselves in such positions, don’t know how to react when their cosy situations are even slightly put to the test.

Edited by Hook

Footballfirst
1 minute ago, south morocco said:

So it could happen if enough people back it?

Yes is the short answer.

However, the obvious problem is that you don't have a list of members, although I think that you can make a request to a company (FOH) for such a list given a reasonable reason.  

You would them have to contact them either individually by email or collectively through message boards like JKB or Facebook etc.

It would take time to get sufficient support together, prepare  resolution to be voted upon, and to provide notice of a meeting, so it is not something that could be done overnight.

Wont be cancelling at the moment , but really disappointed at the FOH response to overwhelming feeling of the members . 

Currently we are are in free fall, just as well the rest of the teams couldn’t put up even a small challenge or we would be in the play off !!

Another thread looking to knock anything or anybody associated with the club

Those people named are you, me, my fellow fans and friends not some secret organisation

They are in post because they underwent elections......you know the democratic process but like MP's are not simply there to follow short term emotions but to try and take a longer term view (which may be the same)

Now many of the vocal fans may be right but to pillory those who are helping the club and expecting quick responses from them when they are in post to take a more considered view is wrong

So next time put yourself forward for election, give us your ideas and convince the voters you can improve matters but look back and see how difficult the role can be.

Too many are so desperate for change they are unwilling to take a step back, consider all the options and understand what they can do NOT what many wish they could do

Fan owned (but not fan run to the extent that those in charge have to bow to the will of those who shout loudest is the future).....if you think it is bad just now imagine what would happen when the fans in the pub or on the internet believe they have the right to micro manage matters

JKB, FOH,FOHSC all represent the fans but not all the fans and again that needs to be remembered

31 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

Just a wee reminder of the FoH Visions - I would contend fails on 1 & 2

To have Hearts fans centrally involved in the ownership of this great club.

To continue to support a well-run club which operates with integrity and transparency and which encourages entertaining football from teams built around players produced by a thriving youth development programme.

To have the club remain at its spiritual home of Tynecastle.

To ensure that the future of Heart of Midlothian Football Club remains secure for all time.

Yes. But that’ll likely be the when the shares are transferred over to the foundation.

FOH in my opinion are limited to what they can do in this situation until they actually own the shares. Ann is still the owner (and chairwoman) of the club at the moment.

Edited by D4nny_

Just now, CJGJ said:

Those people named are you, me, my fellow fans and friends not some secret organisation

They are in post because they underwent elections......you know the democratic process but like MP's are not simply there to follow short term emotions but to try and take a longer term view (which may be the same)

Now many of the vocal fans may be right but to pillory those who are helping the club and expecting quick responses from them when they are in post to take a more considered view is wrong

So next time put yourself forward for election, give us your ideas and convince the voters you can improve matters but look back and see how difficult the role can be.

Too many are so desperate for change they are unwilling to take a step back, consider all the options and understand what they can do NOT what many wish they could do

Fan owned (but not fan run to the extent that those in charge have to bow to the will of those who shout loudest is the future).....if you think it is bad just now imagine what would happen when the fans in the pub or on the internet believe they have the right to micro manage matters

JKB, FOH,FOHSC all represent the fans but not all the fans and again that needs to be remembered

Perfectly decent debate on the aims of FOH (and whether they're being   satisfied) and the performance of its office holders in representing the interests of its stakeholders. 

No one wants to "micro manage" anything - just another invention from you & your ilk every time FOH comes in for criticism. 

PS The club is going down the pan & has been living beyond its means for years & were it not for the charity of James Anderson would be facing bankruptcy. Concentrate on that. 

57 minutes ago, Buzzbomb1874 said:

The monthly contribution from the FOH to the club has held up well up til now. I would imagine this will take a bit of a hit in the next couple of months . Budge has served her purpose and now is the time for the foundation to let her know this. After all the money has been paid back which was the initial objective. We now as a club need to look for a real football administrator to come in and work with the board and the foundation to get us back to where the club really should be. Bryan Jackson would be my choice and he knows how to use money wisely rather than pissing it against a wall. Can’t see him agreeing to ludicrous 4 year lucrative contracts to utter average players

From "Only Hearts", a united fan base & £150K per month to this. 

Who's to blame for where we are now? 

It's certainly not the fans, who have always stood up to be counted. 

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Precisely. 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

queen ann is to blame

30 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I'm not clear that Stuart has asked the question but AB effectively gave that very answer when backing Neilson last month! 

6 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting any micromanagement by the FOH representatives on the Board. I believe what is being legitimately asked of them is whether they are asking the right questions. As things stand no one knows if they are or not. Perhaps if the 2 gentlemen concerned answered or communicated what they are doing that would go a long way to help. They are not doing so hence the growing frustration and discontent with their apparent poor performance. Might I ask you to communicate this to them and have them suitably communicate rather than trying to be too smart and condescending to many of us who are not as zipped up the back as you seem to think from the haughty tone of your reply!

40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Just have a poll on here. Send a message to FoH so that FoH can send a message to AB. 

35 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He could ask the FOH members for a vote of (no) confidence in AB/the board/Neilson/whatever. If the pass - game over, we all shut up & sit down. If they fail , put it before the baord, ask for comment and ask for assurances on clear success criteria and consequences if not met.

Company boards to not like being put on the spot like this but FOH absolutely has a legal right to put the board under scrutiny. Although there clearly are limits to what can be achieved . But that doesn't mean they shouldn't  be doing their jobs & exercising their right to ask the awkward questions. 

SpruceBringsteen
14 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Perfectly put.

Guest ToqueJambo
47 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

1 Meaningless & vague.

2 Impossible to achieve - a "wish list"

3 Well , given they allowed Budge to dump the bill for the new stand on them , they don't have       any choice.

4 The club has been living beyond its means for years and relies on a benefactor to avoid  bankruptcy . SO , not met. 

They? You mean "you" assuming you're an FoH member. We voted overwhelmingly to divert funds to the stand.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
42 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He says - when we takeover, we’ll say publicly that your running of the club has been inadequate and in our view, you should leave Hearts.

Then if she doesn’t, more bed sheets on her fence and more dogs abuse.

12 minutes ago, JamboBoy said:

I don’t think anyone is suggesting any micromanagement by the FOH representatives on the Board. I believe what is being legitimately asked of them is whether they are asking the right questions. As things stand no one knows if they are or not. Perhaps if the 2 gentlemen concerned answered or communicated what they are doing that would go a long way to help. They are not doing so hence the growing frustration and discontent with their apparent poor performance. Might I ask you to communicate this to them and have them suitably communicate rather than trying to be too smart and condescending to many of us who are not as zipped up the back as you seem to think from the haughty tone of your reply!

Well said. 

south morocco
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Just have a poll on here. Send a message to FoH so that FoH can send a message to AB. 

FoH must be on here in some capacity. They must know the feeling amongst the supporters. Time

to put pressure on them to act

Dusk_Till_Dawn
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

They? You mean "you" assuming you're an FoH member. We voted overwhelmingly to divert funds to the stand.

Who picks up the overspend?

Good to see Budge has ordered you back on here 

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

You have to ask why people are desperate for change. This is not about the last week. There has been a year on year deterioration in both achievements, performance and entertainment going on for five years.  I can even tell you when it started.  Hearts 2-0 up on Hibs in the 2016 Scottish Cup with 10 minutes to go, allowed Hibs to equalise, then failed turn up at the replay.

Most fans will understand the concept of having a bad season, but will get increasingly restless when it extends to two, three, four or five seasons.

This isn't really about FOH and its membership. It is about all Hearts fans up and down the country. They bought into the promises of being the 3rd biggest club, increasing income generated both internally and externally.  The fans have delivered, the Board, the Management and the Players haven't.

Consider what the reaction would be to recent performances if fans were allowed in the stadium.  The protest would at least be on par with that faced by the Pieman.  Budge, Wallace, Neilson and the players have actually had it easy in that regard, sheltered from the immediacy of the wrath of the fans. 

The Club and FOH even declined to hold virtual AGMs where fans could participate and ask questions directly of the respective Boards, despite many clubs much smaller than Hearts organising Zoom calls or similar.

As with all football clubs, there comes a time when it must act and make changes, whether it wants to or not, otherwise lasting damage will follow, e.g. non renewal of STs, cancelled DDs loss of future fans.

Hearts is at that point now, otherwise its short to medium term future is at risk.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

I already made my position clear up the thread and it's irrelevant to the general thrust of the discussion here. 

3 minutes ago, SpruceBringsteen said:

Perfectly put.

Easy fix. She and he goes and the donations will flow again. Simples. 

Auldbenches
1 hour ago, Gmcjambo said:

Agree with the sentiments shown in this thread, FOH are here to represent the members and it’s obvious that they need to very clearly show that they understand our views and express them.     

The other question I would like answered is why is this still the Budge show?    She brought in a CEO and DOF,  she is now Chairperson and said this was so she would be less directly involved.   Where is our CEO?  When is he going to step up?   What are his plans for the Club?  Why is he not visible?    

Maybe he isn't allowed to say anything because she also controls him as well as everything else.

Was in the discussion about new players for next season.  

Wants to control everything in what is basically a fan owned club.  We own our club more than any other in this country if anyone says technically we aren't fan owned. 

Terrible way to behaviour in an organisation with others getting paid for what she wants to do. 

She has been out of control for too long now.  Even last week telling us that he is here for three years and that although him coming back wasn't everyone's preference, it was hers that mattered. 

Just take our club back now before her shego does even more damage. 

Edited by Auldbenches

Central Belt 1874
25 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Perfectly decent debate on the aims of FOH (and whether they're being   satisfied) and the performance of its office holders in representing the interests of its stakeholders. 

No one wants to "micro manage" anything - just another invention from you & your ilk every time FOH comes in for criticism. 

PS The club is going down the pan & has been living beyond its means for years & were it not for the charity of James Anderson would be facing bankruptcy. Concentrate on that. 

People need to get this into their thick skulls. 

And quickly. 

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

You have to ask why people are desperate for change. This is not about the last week. There has been a year on year deterioration in both achievements, performance and entertainment going on for five years.  I can even tell you when it started.  Hearts 2-0 up on Hibs in the 2016 Scottish Cup with 10 minutes to go, allowed Hibs to equalise, then failed turn up at the replay.

Most fans will understand the concept of having a bad season, but will get increasingly restless when it extends to two, three, four or five seasons.

This isn't really about FOH and its membership. It is about all Hearts fans up and down the country. They bought into the promises of being the 3rd biggest club, increasing income generated both internally and externally.  The fans have delivered, the Board, the Management and the Players haven't.

Consider what the reaction would be to recent performances if fans were allowed in the stadium.  The protest would at least be on par with that faced by the Pieman.  Budge, Wallace, Neilson and the players have actually had it easy in that regard, sheltered from the immediacy of the wrath of the fans. 

The Club and FOH even declined to hold virtual AGMs where fans could participate and ask questions directly of the respective Boards, despite many clubs much smaller than Hearts organising Zoom calls or similar.

As with all football clubs, there comes a time when it must act and make changes, whether it wants to or not, otherwise lasting damage will follow, e.g. non renewal of STs, cancelled DDs loss of future fans.

Hearts is at that point now, otherwise its short to medium term future is at risk.

Well said. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I already made my position clear up the thread and it's irrelevant to the general thrust of the discussion here. 

It's relevant as you were wrong to say they allowed Budge to dump the stand bill on us. We voted for that. I'm delighted we paid for the new stand for obvious reasons. Not the stand itself but the fact it put an end to decades of talk of us having to leave Tynecastle. I've contributed to FoH since day one almost but stopped recently not because of the performances but because I don't agree with the model they seem to be going for. I just wanted to save the club and get ownership sorted anyhow, so job done. I agree FoH needs a rethink and I'd contribute again to a model where our contribution go towards specific things like the youth academy or a one season boost to the transfer budget or something.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Who picks up the overspend?

Good to see Budge has ordered you back on here 

Get a life man

22games nro

‘you know what I’d change, I’d not blindly give the money over, month after month, I’d keep it in FOH bank account and when hearts look to sign a player or use the money for whatever reason, they have to go to FOH and a new group of board members can decide if they believe it’s worth releasing the funds required.

doesn’t have to be any delay it could be fastracked if required .

I just feel something has to give. They need to be held accountable for spending the money.

Buzzbomb1874
26 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Outside the OF I don’t think there is any other club in Scotland that could do what the Hearts fans have done.  Budge would have seen this during the Romanov days that the fans always stump up when the club need it . We will always have AB to thank for helping save the club but it will be a shame if her legacy is totally tarnished by hanging around longer than necessary . IMO she should have been on the lookout for someone to take over before now .