Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)

wattie exploited

7 minutes ago, rudeskaboyuk said:

Is it over ? 

What do we need now?

6 points.

5 + the goal difference, it’s done.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• jr ewing

The main belief I’ve had about winning the league is all of the challengers taking points off each other. Prob 1 More win would clinch it

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Back to anything between 7 and 16 by next weekend 

Dunfermline raith and Dundee games in hand are against each other

Pasquale for King
57 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

The Nick Faldo of Scottish football championship wins 🤣

Pretty much, just as dull. 

rudeskaboyuk

This 'only hearts' thing has by curtesy of the team being piss poor has really been quite embarrassing. 

We haven't really given anyone a bloody nose at all. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Back to anything between 7 and 16 by next weekend 

We would need to beat the Pars for it to go back to 16, does anyone see that happening 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

30 minutes ago, Morgan said:

The League is won, it’s over.

Hopefully, it’ll be an almost completely different Hearts team that play in the Premiership next season.

And a completely different Manager!

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We would need to beat the Pars for it to go back to 16, does anyone see that happening 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️?

15 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yep, I do. 

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Dunfermline have been very poor recently. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

NURSE!!!!

Law of averages suggest a good performance is imminent. 
Plau Gordon, Smith, Kingsley and Naismith back to give some competition for places

Rick Sanchez

I think some of the players are using the cushion they've built to force Neilson out this season rather than let him ruin next season.

And some of the players aren't bothered what division we're in because it's abundantly clear that they're gone, whether it's Neilson or a new manager.

That and they're pish.

It's all toxic and it needs replacing, top to bottom.

I don't think we are winning again this season imo

We are seriously in danger of not winning the title, our players have absolutely chucked under pep neilson.

The only game i can see us winning is alloa at home and even that will be a struggle as they would love to ram it up neilson after his medicine shout earlier in the season.

My predictions for the rest of the season is

Dunfermline 1-0 hearts 

Hearts 1-1 Alloa

Greenock 2-1 hearts 

Hearts 2-2 Inverness

Raith 2-0 hearts

The fact that i am only predicting two points from those games is a disgrace. Obviously i hope im wrong and we get a win from somewhere to at least clinch the tinpot league but it's going to be a real battle tbh. 😪

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Have they lost to a PT non league team recently and had two wins in 9 games?

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Plau Gordon, Smith, Kingsley and Naismith back to give some competition for places

You have no idea if Kingsley will be back and Naismith hasn’t trained yet. Smith has two games to play before then. They all played against them when they beat us and when we struggled to a 1 nil win against them at home. We’ve had competition for places all season and the performances have still been poor. Still backing team Levein I see. 

1 minute ago, gregzy2k7 said:

We are seriously in danger of not winning the title, our players have absolutely chucked under pep neilson.

The only game i can see us winning is alloa at home and even that will be a struggle as they would love to ram it up neilson after his medicine shout earlier in the season.

Dunfermline 1-0 hearts 

Hearts 1-1 Alloa

Greenock 2-1 hearts 

Hearts 2-2 Inverness

Raith 2-0 hearts

The fact that i am only predicting two points from those games is a disgrace. Obviously i hope im wrong and we get a win from somewhere to at least clinch the tinpot league but it's going to be a real battle tbh. 😪

When I saw Dunfermline were two up - nice of Robbie to loan them a scorer - I might have agreed with you on a risk of not winning promotion.......but thanks to Dundee....yes feckin Dundee.....means we can sleep easy tonight!

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Dunfermline 1-0 hearts 

Hearts 1-1 Alloa

Greenock 2-1 hearts 

Hearts 2-2 Inverness

Raith 2-0 hearts

Indeed.
Can we not blacken Peps name though, he’s more Jose imo 😜

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Makes a change from the “somebody is due a thrashing” spin!

Smith, Kingsley and Naismith are all off form and this team under Neilson has completely lost its way!

A good performance is “imminent”????

I like your blind faith.

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Correct.

Just had a look at their website. Since defeating HMFC 2 - 1 at home, their record is

4 Wins, 5 Draws & 6 defeats

Some folk on here think they will win their last 7 games.......Stevie Crawford......oot!!!

PS. Off topic, but just watched SSN showing Stephen Kenny's interview after Ireland's 0 - 1 home defeat to Luxembourg in World Cup Qualifier. If folk think Robbie talks crap in his post match interviews, this guy trumps him all ends up!

44 minutes ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Dunfermline 1-0 hearts 

Hearts 1-1 Alloa

Greenock 2-1 hearts 

Hearts 2-2 Inverness

Raith 2-0 hearts

Even if we get 2 points out of 15 then Raith Rovers/Dundee would need 16 points from their last 18 to overtake us and Dunfermline would need 19 from 21. They all still have to play each other as well.

It doesn't matter how bad we are from now. It's done.

12 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

Even if we get 2 points out of 15 then Raith Rovers/Dundee would need 16 points from their last 18 to overtake us and Dunfermline would need 19 from 21. They all still have to play each other as well.

It doesn't matter how bad we are from now. It's done.

Probably right but it doesn't take away from how shite we have been and or the need to replace neilson asap.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Makes a change from the “somebody is due a thrashing” spin!

Smith, Kingsley and Naismith are all off form and this team under Neilson has completely lost its way!

A good performance is “imminent”????

I like your blind faith.

Need  Naismith back. At least he tries to organise on the park. 

8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Who are you backing?

Dundee will probably be our closest challengers. Good result for them tonight. Can see them going on a bit of a roll until the end of the season. 

39 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Dundee will probably be our closest challengers. Good result for them tonight. Can see them going on a bit of a roll until the end of the season. 

They have a difficult set of fixtures :

Ayr (A), Morton (H), Dunfermline (A), ICT (A), Raith R (H) & QofS (A).

ICT looking better by the game now to get Play Off spot, albeit relying on teams above to drop points.

Considering our last 2 fixtures, we should have been celebrating winning the league tonight, subject to goal difference which in reality will not be bettered.

........if my granny had baws, she would have been my granddad springs to mind when looking back over the last 7 days!

4 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Thats my thoughts

manaliveits105
6 hours ago, Morgan said:

The League is won, it’s over.

Hopefully, it’ll be an almost completely different Hearts team that play in the Premiership next season.

:spoton:

gashauskis9

Max points any of our challengers can get is 51.   Given that all their games in hand are against each other, it makes that nigh on impossible now.  If Dunfermline and Raith draw on Tuesday night, we could win it next Saturday if we beat Dunfermline and Dundee fail to beat Ayr.  

Kirky Jambo
22 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Max points any of our challengers can get is 51.   Given that all their games in hand are against each other, it makes that nigh on impossible now.  If Dunfermline and Raith draw on Tuesday night, we could win it next Saturday if we beat Dunfermline and Dundee fail to beat Ayr.  

I watched the last part of Dundee v Dunfermline last night. Both sides looked way ahead of where we are at the moment but fortunately still have to play each other again. Crazy we are talking about relying on that when we just need 6 points from 5 games to guarantee the title.

The main belief I’ve had about winning the league is all of the challengers taking points off each other. Prob 1 More win would clinch it

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That goes out the window if one of them wins all the games. All it’s going to take is a 6 game winning run.

Hearts could comfortably not win again this season under Neilson now, his goose is cooked. 2 wins in 9 games 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

That goes out the window if one of them wins all the games. All it’s going to take is a 6 game winning run.

Hearts could comfortably not win again this season under Neilson now, his goose is cooked. 2 wins in 9 games 

It’s between a rock and a hard place.

If he fails to get us promoted he’s toast.

If gets us promoted he wont last a couple of months in the top flight.

It’s not a bright outlook at the moment.

Gordon Ramsay
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Thank christ we've got Craig Gordon back for our next game 

Yep. Stewart is very much a 3rd choice Livi keeper. 

Another sterling piece of work to bring him to Tynecastle. 

Stendelnator
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Yep. Stewart is very much a 3rd choice Livi keeper. 

Another sterling piece of work to bring him to Tynecastle. 

Yet more evidence of Neilson’s nonsense. Zlamal is comfortably better than him but his face doesn’t fit for whatever reason. 

1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

:lol:

Seriously. We have 3 teams who, If they win all their games, can get to 51 points. I reckon we could lose every game left and still win the league. At most 47 points will be needed to take it, so we just need a draw somewhere.

The fact that folk are genuinely still worrying about it is precisely why Neilson needs punted.

The Real Maroonblood
9 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Seriously. We have 3 teams who, If they win all their games, can get to 51 points. I reckon we could lose every game left and still win the league. At most 47 points will be needed to take it, so we just need a draw somewhere.

The fact that folk are genuinely still worrying about it is precisely why Neilson needs punted.

Fair enough.

Your last sentence sums it up perfectly.

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, ramrod said:

A win against Alloa at home will probably be enough. 

🤣🤣🤣  I love a bit of optimism

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

Yet more evidence of Neilson’s nonsense. Zlamal is comfortably better than him but his face doesn’t fit for whatever reason. 

Probably wages

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Fair enough.

Your last sentence sums it up perfectly.

To be fair, the worst case WAS I think 4 points ahead with 4 games to go. Very unlikely but not impossible. And at that point fans would be rightly concerned. A trolls wet dream, really. The other teams results really have, almost without exception, played out perfectly

• davemclaren changed the title to Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)