Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)

wattie exploited

davemclaren
9 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Because no bigger clubs are in the division as was the case over the last 6-7 years when Hibs Rangers and DUFC all struggled to get out. There’s 1 automatic promotion slot and it should be guaranteed for us. That’s why it’s the worst in years. There is nobody even remotely close to Hearts in terms of money.

That’s why Saturday is so important to banish the doubts. It has been a horrendous feeling over the last week to see players completely shrink and vanish, some of them appeared to quit / give up, maybe because they know they’re already as good as emptied. That trends needs to be reversed by those players with some semblance of self respect like Boyce Halliday Walker Smith Gordon who’ve been the leaders this season in terms of their individual contributions to the games we have won. Fail to win Saturday and there will be more than a few cheeky tenners being chucked on Hearts to bottle this league. Must win. 

What bigger clubs were in it since Rangers got up in 2016?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• jr ewing

10 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Because no bigger clubs are in the division as was the case over the last 6-7 years when Hibs Rangers and DUFC all struggled to get out. There’s 1 automatic promotion slot and it should be guaranteed for us. That’s why it’s the worst in years. There is nobody even remotely close to Hearts in terms of money.

That’s why Saturday is so important to banish the doubts. It has been a horrendous feeling over the last week to see players completely shrink and vanish, some of them appeared to quit / give up, maybe because they know they’re already as good as emptied. That trends needs to be reversed by those players with some semblance of self respect like Boyce Halliday Walker Smith Gordon who’ve been the leaders this season in terms of their individual contributions to the games we have won. Fail to win Saturday and there will be more than a few cheeky tenners being chucked on Hearts to bottle this league. Must win. 

What bigger clubs were keeping dundee Utd in the championship for that long? 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I ignored it as it was too painful?

Fair point. 

The fans aren't arsed about celebrating it and that was before the rot set in so god knows what the club will do next season for the flag flying. 

A_A wehatethehibs
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

What bigger clubs were in it since Rangers got up in 2016?

2 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

What bigger clubs were keeping dundee Utd in the championship for that long? 

Hibs and St Mirren, bigger clubs than ****ing Dundee and Dunfy ffs 

The point is the gap between Hearts and the rest is bigger than any other in recent years. The scale of the gulf in spending 

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

42 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

We'll finish top - whether that is by 1 point or by 15 points I have no idea, but we are not getting caught.

However, with our current squad of has-beens, cripples and never-will-bes, we will be cannon fodder in the top flight. We need to sign some players with a bit of fight and heart about them. 

Or a manager that get that out of them?

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I would argue that Dundee and Dunfermline are as big as St Mirren. Our last last time down was the toughest ever, followed by the next season when Hibs had Rangers in it. After that you only had one of the big city clubs in it for one season then none until this season. 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

The point is the gap between Hearts and the rest is bigger than any other in recent years. The scale of the gulf in spending 

Hibs were only in the championship for 1 season with Dundee Utd. I think you are making it out to be a massive step up between the championship and top flight. 

St mirren are comparable to Dundee, dunfermline, raith etc. 

Raith, Dundee, Dunfermline have all been disappointing in their own way. Inverness too. 

No consistency. It might be normal but maybe Covid has brought more challenges. 

Maybe though we're just more aware of it this season. 

A_A wehatethehibs
12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I would argue that Dundee and Dunfermline are as big as St Mirren. Our last last time down was the toughest ever, followed by the next season when Hibs had Rangers in it. After that you only had one of the big city clubs in it, just like this season. 

You can argue that if you want, but in recent years St Mirren have been well ahead the shite Dundee / Dunfy have served up, in every aspect from stadiums to gates to silverware to money to league position. Out the last 20 seasons they’ve had 11 in the premier - how many for Dundee and Dunfy? 

54 minutes ago, skinnybob72 said:

We'll finish top - whether that is by 1 point or by 15 points I have no idea, but we are not getting caught.

However, with our current squad of has-beens, cripples and never-will-bes, we will be cannon fodder in the top flight. We need a new manager to sign some players with a bit of fight and heart about them. 

Fixed that for you👍😁

Rogue Daddy
6 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Fair point. 

The fans aren't arsed about celebrating it and that was before the rot set in so god knows what the club will do next season for the flag flying. 

This is sooooo true... in fact, I didn't even think about celebrating - it didn't even register - until you just mentioned it.  Winning the championship is the minimum expectation... (is that arrogant or just realistic?)... there certainly doesn't seem to be anything to celebrate IMO. Winning something that we shouldn't even be a part of? Something where we have an overwhelmingly bigger budget than everyone else? Something where we have internationals throughout our first team?

Celebrating is the last thing I feel like doing at the moment. I'll doubt anyone on here feels different.

...a significant change in personnel ahead of next season - that would be worth celebrating. We're getting nowhere with the present squad/manager.

Sorry... stating the bleeding obvious, I know.

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You can argue that if you want, but in recent years St Mirren have been well ahead the shite Dundee / Dunfy have served up, in every aspect from stadiums to gates to silverware to money to league position. Out the last 20 seasons they’ve had 11 in the premier - how many for Dundee and Dunfy? 

Shows how tough it is to get out the championship. 😎

5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

This is sooooo true... in fact, I didn't even think about celebrating - it didn't even register - until you just mentioned it.  Winning the championship is the minimum expectation... (is that arrogant or just realistic?)... there certainly doesn't seem to be anything to celebrate IMO. Winning something that we shouldn't even be a part of? Something where we have an overwhelmingly bigger budget than everyone else? Something where we have internationals throughout our first team?

Celebrating is the last thing I feel like doing at the moment. I'll doubt anyone on here feels different.

...a significant change in personnel ahead of next season - that would be worth celebrating. We're getting nowhere with the present squad/manager.

Sorry... stating the bleeding obvious, I know.

She'd have to invite all the ex-players back for the ceremony. Like, all the players that are gonna be emptied cos Robbie promised changes next season.  Unless he meant that song by Bowie . 

Edited by NANOJAMBO

A_A wehatethehibs

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Shows how tough it is to get out the championship. 😎

Pars haven’t even been in the championship ffs!!! :lol: They were in league fecking 1 for 3 seasons!!! 

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

She'd have to invite all the ex-players back for the ceremony. Like, all the players that are gonna be emptied cos Robbie promised changes next season.  Unless he meant that song by Bowie . 

😳 Awkwaaaaard!

We all know what we've said about us for  years. If a team hasn't won a game/scored a goal for a while, etc etc, Hearts oblige them !

In my years of supporting them I've seen it time and time again.

We must go out on Saturday and attack from the first minute. 

I know we should win, but....

30 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Dunfermline have struggled in recent years but were in the top flight from 2000-2007 and used to challenge us for 3rd place. Since then they've struggled to get back up. Dundee have been in the top flight about 10 times over the last 20 seasons. 

If we werent in the championship both would have as good a chance as anyone of coming up. 

I'm really hoping we win on Saturday. 

Logic says that we won't - and that's based on the last three games.

My heart is clinging onto the hope we field a team with players who can play competently in the positions selected to gain a convincing win:

Gordon

Logan RB, Halkett CB, Smith CB, Halliday LB

Walker, Irving, McEneff, GMS

Gnando    Boyce

A_A wehatethehibs
36 minutes ago, fast_blood said:

Dunfermline have struggled in recent years but were in the top flight from 2000-2007 and used to challenge us for 3rd place. Since then they've struggled to get back up. Dundee have been in the top flight about 10 times over the last 20 seasons. 

If we werent in the championship both would have as good a chance as anyone of coming up. 

Well it’s swings and roundabouts. You’re right “comparable” but the comparison favours st Mirren by a bit of a stretch. 11 premier seasons since 2006, around the time when both Dundee + Pars got relegated and st Mirren came up, it’s since been 11 in the premier for st Mirren plus a major trophy to 5 for Dundee (2 relegations each) and 0 for pars. And on top of that, in that time St Mirren have built their new stadium which Dundee desperately need to replace their old shack with. And Pars went bust to league 1. St Mirren have been better run and done a lot more to improve their club where the likes of Dundee and Pars have stayed still / regressed. And as a result financially St Mirren would’ve had a much better position in their season under jack Dross than either of them 2 clubs have this season. So I still agree with the notion that outside Hearts this is the worst the championship has been since about 2013-14. Tbh even including Hearts. We are absolutely Aidy White 

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

A win v Dunfermline and it's basically game over.

It is for Dunfermline.  Raith and Dundee still have to play each other as well, so points will be lost.  Winning on Saturday makes it a formality imo, two wins makes it mathematical.  

How far we’ve fallen. Needing one more win to wrap up the championship but not sure where that wins coming from and hoping other teams do us a favour so we don’t actually need a win.

This is all about standards, no matter what you think no way should we be accepting this. It’s not progress, it’s not the beginning of a new dawn and it needs sorted.

2 hours ago, iainmac said:

It's a'"must win" game for Neilson unless you think failing to beat Arbroath, Brora, QoS & Dunfermline in the space of a fortnight is acceptable? 

It should make sod all difference for Neilson - he has to go regardless of what happens in this game or the four that follow it.

36 minutes ago, Jim Panzee said:

My heart is clinging onto the hope we field a team with players who can play competently in the positions selected to gain a convincing win:

Gordon

Gnando    Boyce

Probably about the best we can muster. Defence certainly looks a wee bit better.

4 minutes ago, HighTimes said:

It should make sod all difference for Neilson - he has to go regardless of what happens in this game or the four that follow it.

Agreed but he probably thinks it'll make a difference. It won't.

For those unfortunate enough to remember. Celtic won their last 8 games in 86.  Raith or Dundee could possibly win their last 5/6 games. If either were 2  we need 2 wins 

3 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

If we lose on saturday and the gap gets cut to 7 points with 4 to play, will you be saying “I’d have bit your hand off for that at the start of the season” ?

Possibly not but I still wouldn’t be saying it’s squeaky bum time. 
Hard to believe that Pars team from last night could beat anybody. They got off lightly at 5-1. 
Their fans want shot of their manager more than ours do. 

3 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Judging it purely on our current form, it may well be.

Prior to last night Raith had won one of their last five league matches. Just prior to that run we beat them 4-0 at Starks. Data suggests last night was a freak result. Raith will do well to make the play-offs as will Dunfermline. 

2 hours ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

We have been guaranteed first place since we beat Dundee 6-2. That killed the potential opposition psychologically. The only opponent that was ever going to stop us winning the league was COVID. We have been at the top and clear since about week 3/4 of fixtures and if it hadn’t been for Scottish cup ties we would have led the league every week bar one. 

3 hours ago, theshed said:

Sorry but personally I wouldn’t have bit anyone’s hand off to be only 7 points in front of the worst championship in years. 

I honestly thought we could have went the whole season unbeaten. Granted we are rubbish away from home so thought we’d scape a few draws along the way and not for 1 min did I expect us to put up such a poor show over in Dunfermline or up at Dundee at New Years 

It will be interesting to see how Raith, Dundee and QoTS get in this weekend. Your comments may get some justification, but maybe not. 

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Gordon

Gnando    Boyce

Like that team except I would have Haring for Irving he needs taken out of the firing line.

1 hour ago, Jim Panzee said:

Gordon

Gnando    Boyce

I’d be surprised if Halkett plays 

49 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Agreed but he probably thinks it'll make a difference. It won't.

So when does it get announced and who is replacing him ? 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, gashauskis9 said:

It is for Dunfermline.  Raith and Dundee still have to play each other as well, so points will be lost.  Winning on Saturday makes it a formality imo, two wins makes it mathematical.  

It's a pity it's not a full fixture list at the weekend - a win and results going our way would clinch it.

10 minutes ago, Rods said:

Like that team except I would have Haring for Irving he needs taken out of the firing line.

Yeah it looks logical doesn't it? So, it's the least likely formation that ***** will select. I can see his wee jutted out chin and hear the monotone voice as he reads out his while the players sit glazed over. Gordon, Smith, Popescu, Berra, White, Halliday, Irving, McEnuff, GMS, Kasteneer, Boyce

Edited by Riccarton3

11 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Yeah it looks logical doesn't it? So, it's the least likely formation that ***** will select. I can see his wee jutted out chin and hear the monotone voice as he reads out his while the players sit glazed over. Gordon, Smith, Popescu, Berra, White, Halliday, Irvine, McEnuff, GMS, Kasteneer, Boyce

Not a chance. At least four of those know they won’t be involved.  He isn’t signing Logan then leaving him out unless he is injured for a start. 

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Not a chance. At least four of those know they won’t be involved.  He isn’t signing Logan then leaving him out unless he is injured for a start. 

What if he is not match fit? I think I know the answer to that one already. Do his groin or hammy.

Jambof3tornado
4 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

Not quite Dave. We might not need any more points to go up 

If we go up without winning any more points it mudt be the end of Robbie.....shit it should already be all over for him

A_A wehatethehibs
46 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Possibly not but I still wouldn’t be saying it’s squeaky bum time. 
Hard to believe that Pars team from last night could beat anybody. They got off lightly at 5-1. 
Their fans want shot of their manager more than ours do. 

Hope you’re right but... 

Team on a poor run, getting hammered by fans, can’t win a game, manager under pressure. Teams next fixture is Hearts. 

.... Hang on a sec I’ve seen this film 

24 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

What if he is not match fit? I think I know the answer to that one already. Do his groin or hammy.

He wouldn’t have been brought in if he hadn’t played any bounce games recently. . 

What reason do our players have walking into a game to give a 150 pecent when they already think the league is won,raith have something to play for and after that result confindence will be sky high and theyll have something to play for thatll motivate them to ****.Only thing thats motivating our players is its getting loser to them being able to get out thed door and away from this shitshow of a club,Theres no impotus for our players to go and win a thing as most of them already know theyre getting binned and dont give a ****,think it may go to the wire and i hope were not going to raith last game of season needing a result.

Personally i would put out a youth team that would at least give something back as they have futures to play for,these players have nothing to play for. There future is already decided so why are they gonna try any harder

gashauskis9
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

It's a pity it's not a full fixture list at the weekend - a win and results going our way would clinch it.

Yep.  If we win and both Raith and Dundee lose their next game then it’s done. 

1 hour ago, daavojaay said:

What reason do our players have walking into a game to give a 150 pecent when they already think the league is won,raith have something to play for and after that result confindence will be sky high and theyll have something to play for thatll motivate them to ****.Only thing thats motivating our players is its getting loser to them being able to get out thed door and away from this shitshow of a club,Theres no impotus for our players to go and win a thing as most of them already know theyre getting binned and dont give a ****,think it may go to the wire and i hope were not going to raith last game of season needing a result.

Not seen much to convince me we're not staying down. I don't know where you get your optimism that it will go to the last game

Edited by Riccarton3

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

He wouldn’t have been brought in if he hadn’t played any bounce games recently. . 

Well, we'll see. I think he'll start on the bench.

2 hours ago, Rods said:

ordinarily I would have Haring in like a shot. but feedback on here suggests his legs have gone?

Bazzas right boot

Worst championship in years..... 

We have a bit of a cheek Tbh, we ended up bottom of a league with Hamilton, Ross County and St Mirren in it and now have the cheek to belittle clubs like Dundee, Dunfermline, Raith etc by essentially stating we're only top because every team is worse than normal. 

We're still a god bit clear and unlike teams like Utd, rangers, Hibs and  Dundee amongst others will come back up 1st time.

Hardly time to plan the fireworks but I don't see the need to cheapen it further. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

• davemclaren changed the title to Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)