Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)

wattie exploited

2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Fact.

We should have kicked on when we were debt free and miles a head of Hibs and Rangers, that was our chance to kick on and be a force in Scottish Football.

But we messed about with daft ideas of promoting from within etc and ersed it all up. 

Ahead. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• jr ewing

43 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Nah, i don't mind a leg but the breast is better. 

I quite like the breast too, but I wouldn't go out my way to become an anthropomorphic realisation of one.

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, WageThief said:

I quite like the breast too, but I wouldn't go out my way to become an anthropomorphic realisation of one.

ffs how long did it take you to look up those words. 

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Which one caused the confusion for you? 

Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Last night you were all for using language freely, even in the case the language in question was barely coherent.  Are you now showcasing inverse language snobbery?

Football fans are capable of using words like anthropomorphic without looking them up.

**quickly checks spellchecker**

Greedy Jambo
1 minute ago, WageThief said:

Last night you were all for using language freely, even in the case the language in question was barely coherent.  Are you now showcasing inverse language snobbery?

Football fans are capable of using words like anthropomorphic without looking them up.

**quickly checks spellchecker**

I wasn't aware of that. 

Greedy Jambo

Oh, you mean when i was talking about not being a sheep and just doing what you've been told to do? 

ahh fair enough. 

I wasn't aware of that. 

I was referring to your finest hour.  Was the night before last?  Apologies I am mistaken.

If you'd known more about etymology and the history of the English language you'd have possibly made a decent point that night.  Unfortunately you just banged on about how a bloke invented the English language.  Weirdly you do seem to be Webster-esque in your need to add spaces where they don't exist, and remove commas where they do.

Noah Webster not Andy obviously.

Has this helped you to become aware of your previous point?

Greedy Jambo
Just now, WageThief said:

I was referring to your finest hour.  Was the night before last?  Apologies I am mistaken.

If you'd known more about etymology and the history of the English language you'd have possibly made a decent point that night.  Unfortunately you just banged on about how a bloke invented the English language.  Weirdly you do seem to be Webster-esque in your need to add spaces where they don't exist, and remove commas where they do.

Noah Webster not Andy obviously.

Has this helped you to become aware of your previous point?

I think you're confusing a football forum with something like a C.V that you're going to send to a potential employer. 

Oh, you mean when i was talking about not being a sheep and just doing what you've been told to do? 

ahh fair enough. 

Yeah if you put it like that.  You could of course remove half the spaces in your sentence and cry "sheep" when people call you out on being an illiterate uneducated Hibs c...oach.  Why write 'sheep' when you can write 'asheep'.  You obviously pay per letter.  Or maybe you are paid per letter.

Piece rate.  Or pieceofshitrate.  

To each their own though.

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I think you're confusing a football forum with something like a C.V that you're going to send to a potential employer. 

It must take you hours to make up your CV.  While I am "looking up" anthropomorphic you are looking up 'a head' and 'ahead'.  

Your whole job interviews must consist of your attempts to convince the interviewer that their "sheep-like" following of "some blokes" convention of language is wrong.

Weirdly now that does remind me of a football forum.

2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Mate, i could just smash the keyboard with my fists and i'd still be more intelligent than you. 

Come on now, I think even our brief correspondence begs to differ.

If it's any consolation, I'm sure your fists are bigger than mines.

It doesn't take me any time to make a CV, I get someone else to do it. haha. 

Fair enough.  I used to get my Auntie to do it for me when I was 16 too.  Back then I also didn't know what anthropomorphic meant.  And I am also from Leith.  

I am not a Hibs fan though.

Greedy Jambo
Just now, WageThief said:

Fair enough.  I used to get my Auntie to do it for me when I was 16 too.  Back then I also didn't know what anthropomorphic meant.  And I am also from Leith.  

I am not a Hibs fan though.

That's good to know. 

I bet your auntie is really your mum but you don't know about it. 

3 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Fact.

We should have kicked on when we were debt free and miles a head of Hibs and Rangers, that was our chance to kick on and be a force in Scottish Football.

But we messed about with daft ideas of promoting from within etc and ersed it all up. 

The Levein era was bursting at the seams with “daft ideas”, trying to reinvent football management by bringing in Cathro was a classic, then persuading Budge to give him the joint role of Club Director, Director of Football and First Team Coach was crass stupidity!

That's good to know. 

I bet your auntie is really your mum but you don't know about it. 

Probably.  It's likely we'll all be learning stuff from the Hibs fan who is perplexed by the appearance of the word anthropomorphic, confused at the use of the common punctuation mark known as the comma, and who writes 'a head' when he means 'ahead'.

I best go and speak to my auntie urgently.

Greedy Jambo

So we should be learning from some dafty that is ignoring the last 6 years and has used word anthropomorphic?

Far too many spell checkers on here and not enough football men. 

J.T.F.Robertson

Oh to be back in the day sitting in the FerrantI club before and after a game and just having a ****ing laugh.  (often once we had to get over the obligatory disappointment)

9 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

So we should be learning from some dafty that is ignoring the last 6 years and has used word anthropomorphic?

Quite the statement coming from the self-professed breast man.  Or breastman, given I know how you don't differentiate between the two.

3 hours ago, WageThief said:

It is unlikely that Greedy J's fists are bigger than mines. The possessive pronoun should've been 'mine'. Sorry, but I just couldn't help myself given the context. 🙃

3 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Oh to be back in the day sitting in the FerrantI club before and after a game and just having a ****ing laugh.  (often once we had to get over the obligatory disappointment)

At first glance I thought that said Ferrari club and presumed you'd broken in!

There was the disappointment factor but not always.  The night we beat Dundee United 6-5 was a particularly memorable one but there were plenty of others.

21 hours ago, TypoonJambo said:

A lot of good and indisputable points there. Good post.

We haven't played some of these teams in the league since the 80s either. So it woube hard to take points off us. 

Bazzas right boot
11 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Certainly should be progressing year on year and we haven't. 

We did under Robbie first time and he's off to a good start this time. 

Bazzas right boot
7 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Football men? 

You're not a football man, you don't even have a season ticket. 

You Catch the odd game on the bbc, I've probably watched more fa Cup ties than you have watched Hearts games this season. 

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

You're not a football man, you don't even have a season ticket. 

Sad.

What a blowhard.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Boris said:

Sad.

What a blowhard.

It’s just a repeating cycle Boris. Talk shite, be proven wrong time and again and then hide behind the ‘I’m a better fan than you’ mantra.

11 hours ago, WageThief said:

This is so subtle and very funny 🤣

Brick Tamland
12 hours ago, WageThief said:

Brilliantly subtle and flew over the recipients head.

A very underrated post :greggy:

wattie exploited

but were 16 points clear so ****ing what the football has been shit for weeks in fact months and now we are out the cup to a team   who are part time who have hardly played in months really what a ****ing joke under Robbie clueless *******  we deserve someone better than him as manager and need a clear out of half these useless ***** :rifle:

All the outstanding fixtures have now been scheduled.

Dunfermline v Dundee is Tuesday 13 April.

We currently need 9 points. Dunfermline closest. Their next 2 games are away to Dundee then Raith next Tuesday. 

Guesswork when it will be done. But should be by 3rd next game Alloa at home Sat 10 April. 

wattie exploited

winning the league is just what Ann budge and Robbie want even more now as it will paper over how shit we have been off late !

when the league is won Robbie should just **** OFF !!!!!!!!!!:rifle:

A group discussion today with regards to tomorrow's game. 

I sincerely hope Hearts bounce back with an emphatic win BUT I can't see that happening however a suggestion was put to the table that it was hoped Hearts get defeated against QOS in order for the board to react and sack Robbie Neilson. 

The 16 point cushion comes into force meaning we can afford to get beat. 

Without going into anymore detail the suggestion was shot down as we shouldn't have to want to see Hearts defeated in order to get rid, if any of the rumours are true that there's unrest in the dressing room then surely that will see itself out in the long run. 

Does anyone else agree/disagree with the 'Hearts defeat, Neilson Sacked, 16 point cushion'  suggestion ? 

Auldbenches
1 minute ago, dannymack said:

I sincerely hope Hearts bounce back with an emphatic win BUT I can't see that happening however a suggestion was put to the table that it was hoped Hearts get defeated against QOS in order for the board to react and sack Robbie Neilson. 

Without going into anymore detail the suggestion was shot down as we shouldn't have to want to see Hearts defeated in order to get rid, if any of the rumours are true that there's unrest in the dressing room then surely that will see itself out in the long run. 

Does anyone else agree/disagree with the 'Hearts defeat, Neilson Sacked, 16 point cushion'  suggestion ? 

There will only be harmony among the fans just now if he goes.  He stays and we go into next season apprehensive.  We need to change the atmosphere among the club and fans before next season and neilson being here won't achieve that. 

This'll show if she is stubborn or not.  

She won't care about next season and how tbe fans feel about it. 

Auldbenches
Just now, Bull's-eye said:

::facepaw::

You don't fancy listing budge's successes do you?  We have only found two, can you think of any?

If Robbie has truly lost that dressing room, it will be interesting to see who plays and what the performance is like. 

Side note: Neilson must go. 

The only way Neilson will get sacked is if we don't get promotion. I want him gone but not at the price of having an other season in the championship.

Auldbenches
2 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

The only way Neilson will get sacked is if we don't get promotion. I want him gone but not at the price of having an other season in the championship.

No ones catching us even if we sacked him yesterday.  If he is still in a job next week the club will lose a fortune.  

Promotion doesn't save him so let's is get someone in to prepare for next season, unless the board are hoping to take another 6 weeks.  I suppose it does save on wages...

He has to go next week or she is risking losing lots of fans.  

Past the point of no return with neilson and his levein football.  

12 minutes ago, dannymack said:

If they can't react after the performances this season or Alloa knocking us out LC or the worst result in our history on Tuesday night etc etc, what makes you think a bad result/performance v QotS at home will make the hierarchy act?

9 minutes ago, Auldbenches said:

No ones catching us even if we sacked him yesterday.  If he is still in a job next week the club will lose a fortune.  

Promotion doesn't save him so let's is get someone in to prepare for next season, unless the board are hoping to take another 6 weeks.  I suppose it does save on wages...

He has to go next week or she is risking losing lots of fans.  

Past the point of no return with neilson and his levein football.  

Agreed.

It doesn’t much matter if we win tomorrow the reality is we could win our next 10 games but the first defeat against anyone other than the old firm will see the knives out for Neilson putting unnecessary pressure on the players and Neilson again, which will undoubtedly see more than one defeat as the players lose confidence and Robbie reverts to defence at all costs. It’s a burst ball, Neilson is a dead man walking it’s just how football is and history is littered with examples of this exact scenario playing out and it always ends in the manager leaving and the team near the bottom of the league. 

He’s never recovering from this week as a Hearts manager, Ann Budge doesn’t have an enough understanding of football to recognise this and will hold on to him for too long same as Levein

• davemclaren changed the title to Won the Championship by 12 Points (title updated)