Prince Buaben

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

£1m is almost looking like a typo. Considering Martin Boyle is reportedly on £520k a year. 

Typo indeed. 

Which would you rather have?

One Lewis Hamilton or 192 Martin Boyles (and a bit of spare change)? 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tazio

• milky_26

• Mikey1874

• Taffin

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hughesie27
10 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Sorry - I missed a couple of zeros.

€100 million. 

One Hundred Million!

For driving a car in circles.

A HUNNER Million quid. 

Now we're talking. And as usual @Sooperstar was talking shite.

hughesie27
8 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Typo indeed. 

Which would you rather have?

One Lewis Hamilton or 192 Martin Boyles (and a bit of spare change)? 

You'd just about manage a full head of hair with that many Boyles.

I P Knightley
7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

You'd just about manage a full head of hair with that many Boyles.

My hair would look like Susan Boyle's with that money. 

I P Knightley
9 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Now we're talking. And as usual @Sooperstar was talking shite.

Aw, you're being mean!

The drivers in the top teams ('Rari, Merc, RB, Aston) are salaried whilst in the lower teams, like Williams & Sauber (Alfa), they'll get a drive if they can bring buckets of money with them (like Lance Stroll and Daniil Kvyat). Even in those big teams, they must see an advertising income benefit if they employ a headline 'personality', such as Alonso or Hamilton. So those drivers don't bring advertising dollars with them directly but they generate them for the team. 

16 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Aw, you're being mean!

The drivers in the top teams ('Rari, Merc, RB, Aston) are salaried whilst in the lower teams, like Williams & Sauber (Alfa), they'll get a drive if they can bring buckets of money with them (like Lance Stroll and Daniil Kvyat). Even in those big teams, they must see an advertising income benefit if they employ a headline 'personality', such as Alonso or Hamilton. So those drivers don't bring advertising dollars with them directly but they generate them for the team. 

Is that still the case? I know people who bring wealth with them may be favoured over others but I'm pretty sure they are all paid and quite handsomely for driving.

I P Knightley
6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Is that still the case? I know people who bring wealth with them may be favoured over others but I'm pretty sure they are all paid and quite handsomely for driving.

I understand that it's a blurred distinction. 

Drivers bringing bundles of sponsorship (sometimes state sponsorship) will cream an amount off that sponsorship before handing the rest over to the team. 

Hamilton, Stappen and Alonso are salaried by their teams without a direct correlation between their earnings and the sponsorship coming into the team. 

... That said, the article posted by @Sooperstar while I was typing may confirm that I've been talking shite. I get my views from my son who's far more engaged in the sport than I am. However, I've got a pretty good Scalextric set. 

Edited by I P Knightley

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

I understand that it's a blurred distinction. 

Drivers bringing bundles of sponsorship (sometimes state sponsorship) will cream an amount off that sponsorship before handing the rest over to the team. 

Hamilton, Stappen and Alonso are salaried by their teams without a direct correlation between their earnings and the sponsorship coming into the team. 

... That said, the article posted by @Sooperstar while I was typing may confirm that I've been talking shite. I get my views from my son who's far more engaged in the sport than I am. However, I've got a pretty good Scalextric set. 

Yeh it's a bit opaque and a murky remuneration model. Like Lance Stroll is a classic paid driver really...but gets a salary as his dad owns the team 😂😂

• 3 weeks later...
Seaside Dave

Driver ready to go again this season. Team principal cleared and ready for the season. Let's go red bull and super max verstappen ❤️❤️🇱🇺🇱🇺

14 hours ago, Seaside Dave said:

Driver ready to go again this season. Team principal cleared and ready for the season. Let's go red bull and super max verstappen ❤️❤️🇱🇺🇱🇺

Can't wait. It's going to be exciting seeing what they have up their sleeve with the car once we get to the cooler races as well.

4th world title? Looking likely 🎉🎉🎉

Seaside Dave
5 hours ago, Taffin said:

Can't wait. It's going to be exciting seeing what they have up their sleeve with the car once we get to the cooler races as well.

4th world title? Looking likely 🎉🎉🎉

First practice the baby bull leads the way 🤣🤣 max not happy with the running of the car. 

hmfc_liam06
10 hours ago, Spellczech said:

Not a good evening for Christian Horner...

Good. The moment it was swept under the rug the leaks were going to happen.

RustyRightPeg

Would be wise just to take him off the pit wall this weekend and get him out the public eye.

Saying that, he likes the sound of his own voice so he probably won't let that happen.

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

Miss boring pants.

Is he 14?

The Coco Pops would suggest so.

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Would be wise just to take him off the pit wall this weekend and get him out the public eye.

Saying that, he likes the sound of his own voice so he probably won't let that happen.

Surely a suspension is looming?

RustyRightPeg
1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Surely a suspension is looming?

Hope so. He’s an obnoxious prick, regardless of his successful his F1 team are. 

Sooperstar

Looks from the leaks like he has been lucky to be cleared. From what I've seen it all looks consensual but surely there is a conduct issue there that needs to be questioned and dealt with (by sacking him). What a dirty *******. 

hmfc_liam06
Just now, Sooperstar said:

Looks from the leaks like he has been lucky to be cleared. From what I've seen it all looks consensual but surely there is a conduct issue there that needs to be questioned and dealt with (by sacking him). What a dirty *******. 

I suspect there’ll be more leaks to come.

hughesie27
43 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

What are the leaks saying?

General jist of stuff 

Screenshot_20240301_154704_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240301_154812_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240301_154857_X.jpg

Lovecraft
23 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

General jist of stuff 

Screenshot_20240301_154704_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240301_154812_X.jpg

Screenshot_20240301_154857_X.jpg

Cheers

2 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Do businesses regularly sack staff for having affairs with each other? I know it's frowned on in most places but sacking people is a bit much. 

Sooperstar
25 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Do businesses regularly sack staff for having affairs with each other? I know it's frowned on in most places but sacking people is a bit much. 

I'd expect a high profile executive getting caught having an affair with their PA, while travelling around on company money, to be shown the door. 

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Geri will be at todays race to keep an eye on Christian Horney

FTFY

Bigsmak

Another year of the Max show with everyone else fighting for scraps.

yawn

Much like the Hamilton years, we need a team and driver to step up and be contenders.

I'm not sure that has-beens shuffling between teams is what we need to achieve that.

Armageddon
On 01/03/2024 at 12:23, hmfc_liam06 said:

The Coco Pops would suggest so.

I'll correct you, as this made me laugh, COCOA POPS was how they were spelt, like FFS, they are 100% COCO POPS, but these rich folk are clueless.... but still love to **** about :)

3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Much like the Hamilton years, we need a team and driver to step up and be contenders.

I'm not sure that has-beens shuffling between teams is what we need to achieve that.

I feel the same way max is just in a league of his own the now. 

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, Taffin said:

Agreed 

But while Hamilton was doing it, the UK media were overjoyed with his dominance, albeit in a German car.

I used to enjoy hearing the British and German national anthems being played right after one another and think of the little Englanders singing along.

Now that it’s some Johnny Foreigner doing it, it’s boring.

Day@theraces
1 hour ago, SectionDJambo said:

Agreed 

But while Hamilton was doing it, the UK media were overjoyed with his dominance, albeit in a German car.

I used to enjoy hearing the British and German national anthems being played right after one another and think of the little Englanders singing along.

Indeed, the only difference being Hamilton got beaten once by his own teammate. Honestly think Max is in a league of his own right now regardless of the Newey machine. Actually enjoyed watching the race today and Sainz showing Ferrari a bit of payback.

Mikey1874
10 hours ago, SectionDJambo said:

Agreed 

I can assure you.

The Dutch (and the Austrians) are celebrating and praising Verstappen and his skill. 

You can follow motor racing there to get your 'unbiased' coverage.

milky_26
9 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

Indeed, the only difference being Hamilton got beaten once by his own teammate. Honestly think Max is in a league of his own right now regardless of the Newey machine. Actually enjoyed watching the race today and Sainz showing Ferrari a bit of payback.

you could tell sainz is on a mission to get a seat for next year and show ferrari his worth.

milky_26
14 hours ago, Taffin said:

yep, people seem to forget mercedes won the drivers and constructors championship for 7 straght years (rosberg with one in the middle, hamilton the rest) and they also won the constructors for 8 years in a row (verstappen won the drivers for his first championship)

Seaside Dave

Superb drive from max. Tyres well managed and super cruise control. Thoroughly enjoyed the race and it's been 96 days since last heard the F1 theme tune of the Dutch anthem 😂😂😂🇱🇺

milky_26

FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem has asked Verstappen to publically endorse Horney

10 hours ago, Tazio said:

The man is a complete helmet. 

This. Whilst it's entirely acceptable to take neither side...I'm not sure Jos grasps that him being staunchly anti-Horner probably only strengthens Horners hand; on the basis that if a guy like Jos doesn't like him he can't be that bad.

RustyRightPeg
15 hours ago, Tazio said:

The man is a complete helmet. 

Has a point though. More this drags on, more chance certain members of staff start to revolt against Horner, un-necessary distractions off the track. 

Horner shouldn't have been in the public eye this weekend, but his ego doesn't allow it. Verstappen is a helmet in his own right, but Horner's reputation is seriously tarnishing in front of our eyes here. 

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Has a point though. More this drags on, more chance certain members of staff start to revolt against Horner, un-necessary distractions off the track. 

Horner shouldn't have been in the public eye this weekend, but his ego doesn't allow it. Verstappen is a helmet in his own right, but Horner's reputation is seriously tarnishing in front of our eyes here. 

The reality is that a team principal has been having an affair with a staff member, which should result in a dismissal. 

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

The reality is that a team principal has been having an affair with a staff member, which should result in a dismissal. 

Yep. 

If Newey decides he's downing tools because of this Red Bull are finished.

Seaside Dave

Max, Helmut and newey all to leave red bull apparently. Max takes gp and newey to Mercedes merc dominance will be back again