• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Paolo

SomethingAboutObua

Just reading the PNE fans comments on the statement about sacking Neil. A lot of people saying it was the right decision but sympathising he was hampered by the owners not spending the money needed. 

We should be going all out for him imo, he's a huge opportunity for any SPFL side and we are crying out for someone with league knowledge but no direct connection to us.

1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

Just checked the Championship table to try to find out why Alex Neil left Preston. 16th in the table. A run of defeats. The Savage connection might make it more realistic but not sure he's the right man for the job.

If Celtic don't go for Steve Clarke, could he be persuaded? Or does his contract with the SFA make it impossible?

You do know how much the other clubs are spending/have spent on players ? 

Preston played Hearts in 2015 (IIRC) and there was only one team in it. 

I'd take Neil in a heartbeat - he looks & sounds like a guy who doesn't take any shit.

2 hours ago, Restonbabe said:

Steve Clarke isn't the man either. 

We need to aim bigger. Surley the attraction of building this football club from the foundation up would inspire the likes of the elite. 

For them it's not about the money now. So an old guard like a Benítez, Sarri.

Or am dreaming?? 

Can't we attract the best European coaching tallent their is to offer?? 

Yes, you’re dreaming. We’re currently a irrelevant wee club in an irrelevant football backwater when you’re on the outside looking in. We’re a career ending risk for anyone with real ambition. Fail at Hearts and you’re not getting another decent job in football. At best we might be able to get a big name ex pro from England looking to get himself noticed like Gerrard and take that risk. Offer me Steve Clark I’d bite your hand off !!

Edited by JimmyCant

Jamboscanbevicius

Difficult to see any reason we wouldn’t have Alex Neil at top of any list.

Probably also interview:

- Steve Robinson

- Jim Goodwin

- Martin Rennie

- Derek McInnes

- Russell Martin

6 minutes ago, Jamboscanbevicius said:

Difficult to see any reason we wouldn’t have Alex Neil at top of any list.

Probably also interview:

- Steve Robinson

- Jim Goodwin

- Martin Rennie

- Derek McInnes

- Russell Martin

Robinson already declined to be interviewed last time. Offer me the job or don’t was his attitude I think

Derek McInnes

Alex Neil

jim Goodwin

Shaun Maloney

All of which are a massive improvement on what we have. 

drumie jambo
3 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Surprised nobody has mentioned Neil Lennon yet 😁

😂😂😂 with Broony as his assistant

Pasquale for King

I don’t know if we are ready or if he is but would giving Naismith the role of player manager be worth a shot? Hearing him direct the players on the pitch with these dodgy streams shows he knows his stuff, he gives better advice than the coaches do. Would save a wage too. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Anderson5 said:

Derek McInnes

Alex Neil

jim Goodwin

Shaun Maloney

All of which are a massive improvement on what we have. 

Maloney is a good shout and sounds like he knows his stuff but I doubt if he would leave his current job with the opportunity to win the Euros and World Cup in the next 18 months. 

23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Maloney is a good shout and sounds like he knows his stuff but I doubt if he would leave his current job with the opportunity to win the Euros and World Cup in the next 18 months. 

Maloney has done nowt as a manager, reminds me of Cathro. Not what we need imo

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I don’t know if we are ready or if he is but would giving Naismith the role of player manager be worth a shot? Hearing him direct the players on the pitch with these dodgy streams shows he knows his stuff, he gives better advice than the coaches do. Would save a wage too. 

I want him gone.

Part of the problem : a big mouth that failed to deliver. 

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Maloney has done nowt as a manager, reminds me of Cathro. Not what we need imo

He’s a non starter anyway but ffs he’s  miles ahead of Cathro 🙈. Not only was he a great player for some huge clubs and played internationally he actually makes sense when he talks. He’s now coached at Celtic and Belgium. Cathro has been with some big clubs as an analyst and an abject failure as a head coach. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I want him gone.

A big mouth that knows more and has experienced more than every coach at the club put together. It’s hardly his fault his body hasn’t held up or he was given a ridiculous 4 year contract. 
How do you propose to get him gone then? He’s unlikely to give up £500k in wages just because a manager doesn’t want him, he rung every last penny out of Norwich. 

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s a non starter anyway but ffs he’s  miles ahead of Cathro 🙈. Not only was he a great player for some huge clubs and played internationally he actually makes sense when he talks. He’s now coached at Celtic and Belgium. Cathro has been with some big clubs as an analyst and an abject failure as a head coach. 

Get what your saying re Cathro, but Maloney played for Celtic, Aston Villa, never done much for Scotland so in that respect he’s no more qualified than Steven Naismith? He coached the under 20s at Celtic and is now an understudy to Martinez. Talks a good game on Sportscene but so does Shelley Kerr or Richard Foster. We need someone outwith the Scottish media darling list. 

been here before
6 hours ago, DH1986 said:

Where to start.....

Robbo is out of commission at ICT and having a club legend as manager is an idea I’m not a fan of anymore. Locke was hopeless as a manager which is why he’s now working as an club ambassador in his 40’s. JJ is older than god and given his previous health issues I don’t think it’s a good idea.

Allan Johnston.....just no.

Tommy Wright 😂

Mark McGhee 😂

Where to start...

Robbies going nowhere so its all purely what ifs and maybes... its not going to happen. Hope thats easy enough for you.

As for Tommy Wright and Mark McGhee.... I believe the phrase is 'Whooooosh'.

Edited by been here before

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Robinson already declined to be interviewed last time. Offer me the job or don’t was his attitude I think

his stock has fallen since then. Robbie wasn’t interviewed for the current job.

we sound more tinpot but the day

Not keen on derek mcinnes tbh, dont think he would take us to the next level or where we want to be.

For me 

A Neil

D Martindale

J Goodwin

P Sergio

Outside shots

F Lampard

D Wagner (ex huddersfield)

6 hours ago, jager man said:

Sorry 3rd once 2nd 4 times and 4th 2 times (once on goal difference). Thats sounds pretty good to me.

Given the budget he had, the wage he was on, and the league over that period, he has ony achieved what he ought to have.  

The football is murder, and in the big games, when it really matters, Aberdeen usually failed.  and like Robbie, when they lose, it is almost always so body, or something else’s fault.  

better than Robbie? Yes.  The answer? No. 

Edited by Paolo

I guarantee Alex Neil would listen to what we had to say. He’ll know that the potential to develop this club is huge. Christ, European football two seasons on the bounce would be a massive success. He’ll know of our set up and infrastructure through speaking to Savage and I believe we should push the boat out and try and get him. 

He’ll also know that for many Celtic fans, he’d never be given a proper chance due to not being a ‘big’ enough name, whereas here at Tynie he’d be welcomed by all with open arms. 

**** paying FOH subs every month for this shite. Absolute fortunes we’ve put into OUR club, and we deserve better. Alex Neil IS better. Far far better. 

Punt Neilson, take the hit on it, and get Neil in. And in doing so, watch the entire ethos of the club change, and watch the mood of the support change from apathy/anger to genuine excitement. 

GET IT ****ING DONE 😡

4 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I want him gone.

I am mow here too. Has been a waste of space this season.  

VagabondJambo
15 minutes ago, Mr Sifter said:

I guarantee Alex Neil would listen to what we had to say. He’ll know that the potential to develop this club is huge. Christ, European football two seasons on the bounce would be a massive success. He’ll know of our set up and infrastructure through speaking to Savage and I believe we should push the boat out and try and get him. 

He’ll also know that for many Celtic fans, he’d never be given a proper chance due to not being a ‘big’ enough name, whereas here at Tynie he’d be welcomed by all with open arms. 

**** paying FOH subs every month for this shite. Absolute fortunes we’ve put into OUR club, and we deserve better. Alex Neil IS better. Far far better. 

Punt Neilson, take the hit on it, and get Neil in. And in doing so, watch the entire ethos of the club change, and watch the mood of the support change from apathy/anger to genuine excitement. 

GET IT ****ING DONE 😡

I am with you on all that.  Good post.

Young, passionate, proper touchline coach, and someone who will take no nonsense.

AND not ex-Hearts.  We must not make that mistake again.  We need a culture shift, and Neil (and Savage) would drive that.

Neilson and fellow “coaches” must be booted today.

He'll be going nowhere right now. Instead, Ann Budge will make us endure another 6 months of utter shite before finally giving up on him.

The fans will be screaming for her resignation by that point.

Ranking in order of preference 

Alex Neil

Derek McInnes

Stephen Robinson

Neil I think is most peoples first choice. He managed to get Hamilton playing good football and his Preston side for a decent while were a safe bet on the coupon.

McInnes is a bit of a walloper and was reportedly on an outrageous wage but he did some transformation job on Aberdeen and would change the culture at the club. The negative is he doesn’t play attractive football and doesn’t have a good record in the cups.

Robinson honestly could go either way but he did get Motherwell playing well for a while and blooded some good young players who made them a ton of cash. Still not convinced on him being the golden boy like some were but wouldn’t complain.

Bad Religion
10 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

He'll be going nowhere right now. Instead, Ann Budge will make us endure another 6 months of utter shite before finally giving up on him.

He surely can’t survive this can he?

Anyone who thinks there is any chance of Neilson being sacked before the start of next season is an idiot pure and simple.There is absolutely zero chance of this happening so there is zero point in debating it.

One positive about timing I sthey could stick anyone in as caretaker til end of season. Actually do their jobs and have a proper manager appointment before next season.

In that documentary were told some top managers from all over the world applied. Let's see some of them then.

2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

He surely can’t survive this can he?

If Ann sacks him it will show she has learned when enough is enough. I'd be utterly amazed if he wasn't manager next season.

I’d honestly take Stendel back…

He is a coach and he at least tried to get the best out of a poor crop of players. The Pereira stuff is off putting but we have Gordon now at least. 

9 minutes ago, boag1874 said:

Ranking in order of preference 

Alex Neil

Derek McInnes

Stephen Robinson

Neil I think is most peoples first choice. He managed to get Hamilton playing good football and his Preston side for a decent while were a safe bet on the coupon.

McInnes is a bit of a walloper and was reportedly on an outrageous wage but he did some transformation job on Aberdeen and would change the culture at the club. The negative is he doesn’t play attractive football and doesn’t have a good record in the cups.

Robinson honestly could go either way but he did get Motherwell playing well for a while and blooded some good young players who made them a ton of cash. Still not convinced on him being the golden boy like some were but wouldn’t complain.

I honestly believe McInnes will just give us more of the same. Another manager who just gets more and more cautious and defensive as the years go by. 5 years ago aye but not now.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, kila said:

I’d honestly take Stendel back…

He is a coach and he at least tried to get the best out of a poor crop of players. The Pereira stuff is off putting but we have Gordon now at least. 

no. He was so naive. We were SO easy to play against. Sit in, knock a long bal over the top.. = hearts beat.

6 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

One positive about timing I sthey could stick anyone in as caretaker til end of season. Actually do their jobs and have a proper manager appointment before next season.

In that documentary were told some top managers from all over the world applied. Let's see some of them then.

Remember, after Cathro, after two weeks of interviewing all those top candidates, and Budge came out with the shite that she suddenly realised the person doing the interviewing was the best man for the job. 

That was a sign of what we are up against. 

3 minutes ago, Paolo said:

Remember, after Cathro, after two weeks of interviewing all those top candidates, and Budge came out with the shite that she suddenly realised the person doing the interviewing was the best man for the job. 

That was a sign of what we are up against. 

New manager what about new director a think both

They get some stick on here one trick ponies lacking tactical nouse but feck me how much would this club benefit from a young JJ type.

Edited by vegas-voss

Batistuta87

Finally I find myself in the "Robbie Out" camp. Any manager who oversees the club's worst result in its history whilst he is already causing unrest and division amongst the support, has to go. 

I think we made a massive mistake in not appointing Stephen Robinson after Levein. If we had done, there's no way we would be sitting having this discussion at all because we'd still be in the Premiership. 

Alex Neil being out of work could be a golden opportunity as well. An opportunity that we maybe can't afford to pass up when you look at the big picture and look forward into next season. 

I completely understand why Robbie was given the job over Stendel - he knew the league, he'd just won it with DUFC, and was a safe appointment on paper. I think he's absolutely ****ed it now though, and it's time to go before we start dropping points and slipping down the table which we absolutely cannot afford to do. 

Edited by Batistuta87

10 hours ago, GYL said:

Sometimes things happen for a reason....Alex Neil left Preston at the weekend and Robbie managed to get himself sacked tonight

Alex Neil for me👍

And savage knows him

45 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If Ann sacks him it will show she has learned when enough is enough. I'd be utterly amazed if he wasn't manager next season.

Prepare to be amazed. 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Prepare to be amazed. 

You've been bang on with a few things in the past mate. I hope to god you're right this time. If it does happen I'm going to assume Neil is incoming.

I would take McInnes. Think he probably just went stale at Aberdeen but this job could be right up his street to get his teeth back into it. I think the players have downed tools for Neilson, think he's lost the dressing room and if that's the case then cheerio. Actually it's cheerio from me anyway, no Hearts manager should be able to not be sacked after last night. 

10 hours ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Daniel, Sergio, Pressley, Hartley, Robinson, McInnes, JJ, Lockie, Robbo 

What the **** is it with the majority of our fans always wanting to sign ex players/managers? Get someone new in! I can’t remember enjoying being a hearts fan since the Romanov days (without stating the obvious of course) we need big changes!!!!

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

This. She'll maybe get shot of him after next season is ruined. This is Levein mk2, Levein should have been away half way through the season before he eventually left. 

If we are getting rid of Robbie which we wont, then Alex Neil has to be the target. This cant go on anymore.

We need a complete clear out of 'gid hearts men' and get guys that want to win, take no shit and above all know what they are doing with experience.

TyphoonJambo
8 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Prepare to be amazed. 

I really hope your in the know mate because this can't go on. Decisive action is needed. A statement of intent, a firm announcement to the Scottish footballing World that "this is not the standard expected from HMFC" needs to be made.