Right then, Next Manager?

Hood09

A_A wehatethehibs

Ive always fancied trying to get a Dutchman in as manager. Bring us a bit of that total football, try and get afew Dutch / Belgian / Danish type players. Obviously we would not be able to get the real top guys, but Hearts would surely be of interest to a lot of the guys at the smaller clubs in those leagues. Always felt that players in those leagues, can be within reach financially and could offer something different, technical skills which could make an impact in Scotland. 

Mark Van Bommel, Clarence Seedorf, Philip Cocu, Gio Van Bronkhorst. All out of work managers. Probably the money might not interest them but you never know. They are looking for an opportunity to make a name as a manager, to make an impact at a club. Those guys are all maybe all a bit too high profile as they were world Class players, but there’s got to be some good coaches who are down the pecking order a bit, who would be a decent fit for Hearts. The big advantage is there’s no language barrier at any level. 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Paolo

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Classic example “putting the cones out” get this crap every time someone mentions a name who is new into coaching or management. The guy is a winner played at a higher level than Robbie and won much more than Robbie working for Roberto Martinez. I’d like to see you’re suggestions.

McInnes, built an enviable dynasty at Aberdeen. Always top six, always bringing through young players and getting to cup semi finals and finals. He'd be my top choice.

Other suggestions: Neil Harris, did well at Millwall affordable, Tim Sherwood, love the cut of his jib very much his own man and builds attacking teams. Alex Neil, good coach he'd do a fine job too.

1 minute ago, rudi must stay said:

McInnes, built an enviable dynasty at Aberdeen. Always top six, always bringing through young players and getting to cup semi finals and finals. He'd be my top choice.

Other suggestions: Neil Harris, did well at Millwall affordable, Tim Sherwood, love the cut of his jib very much his own man and builds attacking teams. Alex Neil, good coach he'd do a fine job too.

Harris would be good done well at Millwall unfortunate at Cardiff . 

35 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Ive always fancied trying to get a Dutchman in as manager. Bring us a bit of that total football, try and get afew Dutch / Belgian / Danish type players. Obviously we would not be able to get the real top guys, but Hearts would surely be of interest to a lot of the guys at the smaller clubs in those leagues. Always felt that players in those leagues, can be within reach financially and could offer something different, technical skills which could make an impact in Scotland. 

Mark Van Bommel, Clarence Seedorf, Philip Cocu, Gio Van Bronkhorst. All out of work managers. Probably the money might not interest them but you never know. They are looking for an opportunity to make a name as a manager, to make an impact at a club. Those guys are all maybe all a bit too high profile as they were world Class players, but there’s got to be some good coaches who are down the pecking order a bit, who would be a decent fit for Hearts. The big advantage is there’s no language barrier at any level. 

Absolutely. Guys that know how football should be played. 

36 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

From what I've seen of Maloney he'd be another Cathro. Quiet guy, leadership might be tough for him 

Good coaches don’t always make good managers for whatever reason. Classic example being Alex Miller. Dreadful manager at Hibs then goes on to settle for coaching and he’s at Liverpool winning CL and FA Cup and keeping them at the top end of the EPL as part of a team. Then he decides he wants to be a manager again and makes an arse of it in various leagues around the world. 

heartsfc_fan

Alex Neil - Head Coach

Steven Naismith - Assistant Coach

Alex Neil signed Naismith when he was at Norwich. I'm assuming they have a decent working relationship.

Just an idea.

3 hours ago, Italian Lambretta said:

McInnes has been wanting the Hearts job for years. Its possibly good timing all round for him to become our next manager.

Derek mcinnes would be an excellent appointment, he knows the league and will be motivated to put one over dave Cormack also comes over very well

maroonsgotop
57 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Harris would be good done well at Millwall unfortunate at Cardiff . 

Harris another in the dull dull dull category........................no thanks

16 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Alex Neil - Head Coach

Alex Neil signed Naismith when he was at Norwich. I'm assuming they have a decent working relationship.

Just an idea.

Naismith needs purged. 

maroonsgotop
5 hours ago, 3fingersreid said:

Alex Neil or Jim Goodwin 

Goodwin could be an interesting one. Cant stand the guy but has done well so far as a Manager

Calebs Grandad

Kjetil Knutsen of Bodo Glimt. Delivered their first ever title last season and he’s Norwegian coach of the year two years running. 103 league goals scored last season and has developed young players for the club selling Hauge to AC Milan and Zinkernagel to Watford 

David Black

Must be a foreign English speaking coach, who has a track record of entertaining attacking football, who will bring fresh ideas to the coaching, someone the players will enjoy playing for and someone who can bring through and improve our youngsters in particular. 

11 minutes ago, David Black said:

Must be a foreign English speaking coach, who has a track record of entertaining attacking football, who will bring fresh ideas to the coaching, someone the players will enjoy playing for and someone who can bring through and improve our youngsters in particular. 

And try shopping outside the usual places. I know it’s not the same but I’m watching the Chelsea Wolfsburg women’s CL game just now and Wolfsburg play great football in a very organised system. Are we supposed to think their manager isn’t good because he manages a women’s team? 

Mark Wotte? Strong background working with kids, although not sure he's really a box office appointment. An idea though (not posting because I particularly want him, more just to put another name into the hat). 

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

Goodwin could be an interesting one. Cant stand the guy but has done well so far as a Manager

I think what gets him for me is he’s been at a small club -Alloa and done well , he’s doing a decent job at the shite house of a club he’s at right now but what do I get is the impression he’d stand for no nonsense from the players . 

If the job did ( and should) become available it would be interesting to see the list of names applying for it 

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

Unfortunately I'm inclined to agree. I absolutely hate the guy :lol: but he has St Mirren playing good football with a solid defence. Fair play to him. 

LarrysRightFoot

It’s got to be Alex Neil, someone who clearly has a bit of steal about him and demands work rate from his team. His right hand man is our Sporting Director - get it done. 

I’d also welcome Stendel back and I’d settle for McInnes - however, I’d be worried by his Levein/Robbie hybrid style. 

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Alex Neil - Head Coach

Just an idea.

Never thought I’d say this but I’m afraid Naismith needs to go as well. 

best in the land
2 minutes ago, theshed said:

Agree with this

7 hours ago, Siphiwe Tshabalala said:

Keane, Holloway or Neil.

If you mean Roy Keane, then no chance, but I would take him.   Holloway, has some funny quips now and again, but no thanks.   Neil, not sure, but he knows Joe Savage, so would be happy enough. Would take him before McInnes, who I am not bothered about. 

Scottie Wanshot.

After the first league game of the season, we really haven't kicked a ball. except in the cup games. Robbie can't get the team playing for him, tactics all wrong. no fight  even when we went down 2-1 last night, there was no fight in the team. I know he will keep his job unless we don't get promoted, "heaven forbid"

I would like to see John Robertson coming back and possibly Neil McCann as his assistant,  at least he would have the team fighting for every ball,  if they didn't he would be kicking there arse off the field.

20 minutes ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

It’s got to be Alex Neil, someone who clearly has a bit of steal about him and demands work rate from his team. His right hand man is our Sporting Director - get it done. 

I’d also welcome Stendel back and I’d settle for McInnes - however, I’d be worried by his Levein/Robbie hybrid style. 

Unless of course Savage was glad to be away from him when he left PNE? 

LarrysRightFoot
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Unless of course Savage was glad to be away from him when he left PNE? 

Do you know something? 

I only ask as there was absolutely no suggestion of that in his interviews. I think he even said he sought Neill’s advice. 

been here before

Looks like the 6 page 'Right Then, Next Manager' thread is proving too complicated.

Edited by been here before

1 minute ago, LarrysRightFoot said:

Do you know something? 

I only ask as there was absolutely no suggestion of that in his interviews. I think he even said he sought Neill’s advice. 

I have no inside knowledge at all. Just throwing out a hypothetical counter argument. It’s all the rage on here these days. 

I would be stunned if Robbie was removed but something has to change.

The board statement earlier was meh.

LarrysRightFoot
5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I have no inside knowledge at all. Just throwing out a hypothetical counter argument. It’s all the rage on here these days. 

No worries FWIW I have no inside knowledge either. But all things being equal I doubt there was a fallout and I think it’s help our cause in getting Neill. 

LarrysRightFoot
Just now, Turkishcap said:

I would be stunned if Robbie was removed but something has to change.

The board statement earlier was meh.

There is literally only 2 options here - he’s sacked or he resigns. He will never recover from that result. 

Ann has surely learnt her lesson. The fans knew Levein’s time was up after the Livingston game but she kept him on for another year (?) and look where we are now. 

It’s over. 

indianajones
36 minutes ago, theshed said:

33 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Agree with this

He needed to go about two years ago.

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Eddie Howe, Been out of a job for the best part of a year. Record of building a club from the bottom and punching above his weight. Probably out of our reach.

MicInnes is just Robbie but stayed at Aberdeen to get them consistent rather than leave like Robbie did first time round, he's also fallen away the last few years to end behind, Kllie, hibs, Motherwell. Maybe he needs a new club to freshen himself up but the recently sacked Aberdeen manager isn't the ambitious and exciting appointment many will want.

Neal would be one that could be interesting for the various reasons folk have stated.

Goodwin- God no.

Can't think of a foreign coach that would be interested.

You accept now that Neilson needs to go ?

best in the land
12 minutes ago, indianajones said:

He needed to go about two years ago.

Should never have been given a 4 year deal. 

Absolute joke decision. 

2 yrs max

Scottie Wanshot.

Has to be Wee Robbo and Neil McCann as his assistant, at least they would have the team fighting for every ball, or they would be kicking there BALLS.

Just now, best in the land said:

Should never have been given a 4 year deal. 

Absolute joke decision. 

2 yrs max

I reckon he’ll do the honourable thing and retire from playing at the end of the season. Just a gut feeling.

best in the land
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

I reckon he’ll do the honourable thing and retire from playing at the end of the season. Just a gut feeling.

Thought he already had. 

Not kicked a ball all season 

Scottie Wanshot.
20 hours ago, feej said:

Budge will be on the phone to levein now asking him what she should do

Wee Robbo and  Neil McCann as his assistant.

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

You accept now that Neilson needs to go ?

I would accept him going - yes. 

I would also accept him staying. 

It's a result based business and last nights result was sackable imo. 

If he doesn't get sacked, I still get behind the team and hope after promotion we kick on. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Has to be Wee Robbo and Neil McCann as his assistant, at least they would have the team fighting for every ball, or they would be kicking there BALLS.

**** no. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Wee Robbo and  Neil McCann as his assistant.

4 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I’ve not scanned all the posts, but are the Neil McCann brigade out yet??

😂😂

8 minutes ago, Scottie Wanshot. said:

Not sure.   We also need to remember Robbo is on Compassionate Leave. It would be wrong to approach him, and appoint him, whilst he is on such leave.  

Edited by Paolo

Bazzas right boot

What happened to the irsh guy that had his team in the Europa group stages? 

Can't remember his name, what's he doing now? 

Was it a purple patch or consistency? 

rudi must stay
19 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

I’ve not scanned all the posts, but are the Neil McCann brigade out yet??

Theyve yet to arrive 

The Mercer Takeover

Must be a manager who is not intimated by the ugly sisters in Glasgow.

I was absolutely dreading travelling to away games next season under Neilson, as his whole attitude in these games sucks.

Neilexit must happen.

Edited by The Mercer Takeover