Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• A_A wehatethehibs

• Paolo

Hectormasson
Just now, Busby8 said:

Great Shout........ apart from McInnes

Neil be the man if he wants a challenge to put us up where we should be after a long time.....

6 minutes ago, OTT said:

Lets try and get Alex Neil. 

What has he ever won? Relatively successful at Hamilton but not really successful anywhere else. Win% at Norwich only 42, even worse at PNE at 38. He had a hot new manager bounce spell of four months when he joined Norwich. Blamed poor player recruitment for his sacking at Norwich. Savage was his head of recruitment. Honestly I’m not making this up. 

11 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Alex Neil. 

I hope the decision makers listen to this  it now has to happen for them to regain any credibility 

Pointless thread he'll not be going any time soon unfortunately.

I'm going to admit I defended him and the team a couple weeks back. I won't be anymore.

This surely is a sackable result, so so embarrassing 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

What has he ever won? Relatively successful at Hamilton but not really successful anywhere else. Win% at Norwich only 42, even worse at PNE at 38. He had a hot new manager bounce spell of four months when he joined Norwich. Blamed poor player recruitment for his sacking at Norwich. Savage was his head of recruitment. Honestly I’m not making this up. 

Yep. I wouldn’t touch any Scottish coach with a totem pole. Their style and football is unsuccessful and rotten. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
15 minutes ago, Allowayjambo1874 said:

Alex Neil. Massive upgrade.

Bobby Williamson would be a massive upgrade on Neilson..

Edited by Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

7 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

We've got a sporting director now - so it's got to be him who makes decisions from here on.

I do hope so, bud.

It cannot be the usual suspects that haven't moved on since the football style of the 70's and failed at 1/2 a dozen clubs before!

It has to be someone with no ties to our constant failings.........I know Cathro was meant to be that, but that was an extreme example!

We need a fresh outlook, someone not afraid to let the players express themselves within a firm structure and playing style.

Right now they look listless, unfit, unsure of their job and scared to take responsibility........and all that with no fans pushing them on or heckling them.....it is all down to them!

Howdy Doody Jambo
1 minute ago, DC_92 said:

Neilson's going nowhere and Alex Neil will end up at Ipswich or something.

Let's hope he just stays in Brora 

Just now, soonbe110 said:

He's done exceptionally well with a financially non-existent Hamilton team working with a hell of a lot of young players. It ticks the boxes I'm looking for. Jack Ross hasn't done much either but has Hibs in for 3rd. 

I want a manager that can work with youth first and foremost which Neil can, and who understands Scottish football which Neil does. Also, Savage followed him to PNE so I would suspect the recruitment can't have been too bad if he hired him again. 

Who would you be keen on out of interest?

Bit of a curve ball, but I wouldn't be against giving it to Andy Kirk to the end of the season. Only coach that was kept on when Stendel came in, so suggests he is competent and flexible which bodes well. 

12 minutes ago, Restonbabe said:

Eh naw!!! 

Hearts needs completely rebuilt from the ground up. 

We need a proven manager with a track record that will excel. No connections to Scottish football. 

McInness took Dons from a bottom 6 team and qualified for Europe 8 seasons in a row? If that’s not a track record I don’t k ow what is.

wattie exploited

should have stuck with Stendal he would have came good given time and a proper window to bring players in the football  has been shit for months and always a ****ing excuse :rifle:

Absolutely no-one with a Dundee United connection please.

That's 3 in about 5 years and they have all been Barry White.

1 minute ago, DS98 said:

McInness took Dons from a bottom 6 team and qualified for Europe 8 seasons in a row? If that’s not a track record I don’t k ow what is.

Hearts need completely rebuilt. He isn't the man for the job

Fort Vallance
3 minutes ago, Telford_jambo123 said:

what’s graham rix up to these days? 😜

Brian *** Rix would be a step up.

Edited by Fort Vallance
Spelling

Special Agent Dale Cooper
1 minute ago, Voxpop said:

Eddie Howe or frank lampard

That'd be nice...might be ever so slightly out of our price range though.

We should try for Neil but I suspect he would be too expensive too.

We will probably end up with Stephen Robinson.

Chuck Berry
7 minutes ago, DS98 said:

Yip. McInnes is the obvious candidate.

12 minutes ago, The rat catcher said:

Daniel Stendel hopeful of staying as Hearts seek Scottish Premiership  lifeline | Football News | Sky Sports

Liked this guy but its a no for me just because he kept playing salad leaf hands when everyone could see Perriera was utter shite. 

Alex Neil. A bit different, he’s available and Robbie has to go. Hes toast IMO

SomethingAboutObua

Alex Neil please.

People want to replace Neilson with McInnes? The reason for ditching Neilson is because the football's crap with ok results. McInnes is just a significantly more expensive version of what we have now?

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
12 minutes ago, DS98 said:

His only challenger for part of that was Celtic. McInnes better not come anywhere near Tynecastle.

Not saying Stendal would've been the answer but I hindsight he was treated like shite. Having to work without his own men with Levein floating around like a bad smell.

He was given little backing compared to the the time and resources the other losers have been given 

brunoatemyhamster

We need a steadying hand. 

Someone familiar with the club. 

A former defender preferred, to shore things up at the back. 

A proper Hearts man. 

Someone Budge can work with. 

Someone 6ft plus. 

It can only be one man. 

Gordan Petric, come on down!

Naw seriously. Alex Neil. 

Even punted from Preston, he's miles above the level we are at, and miles better than anything managing in the bottom six of the SPL. 

Edited by brunoatemyhamster

gashauskis9

To be fair, JKB could manage this team until the summer if the objective is “try not to lose all 6 league games”.  The squad just earned themselves a long summer holiday tonight.  

6 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

To be fair, JKB could manage this team until the summer if the objective is “try not to lose all 6 league games”.  The squad just earned themselves a long summer holiday tonight.  

Of the view the new manager shouldn't bother giving them any extra time off. Shortest break possible. Come back the fittest ****ing team in the league. 

Raymond Reddington

Jim Goodwin, did a good job at alloa and has done a good job at St liedown. Beaten celtic (at parkhead) as well as rangers this season. Is playing youngers and appears to be improving them. 

32 minutes ago, OTT said:

He's done exceptionally well with a financially non-existent Hamilton team working with a hell of a lot of young players. It ticks the boxes I'm looking for. Jack Ross hasn't done much either but has Hibs in for 3rd. 

I want a manager that can work with youth first and foremost which Neil can, and who understands Scottish football which Neil does. Also, Savage followed him to PNE so I would suspect the recruitment can't have been too bad if he hired him again. 

Who would you be keen on out of interest?

Bit of a curve ball, but I wouldn't be against giving it to Andy Kirk to the end of the season. Only coach that was kept on when Stendel came in, so suggests he is competent and flexible which bodes well. 

McInnes is out of work so an obvious candidate. Not sure about style of football but probably best option available to us. 

49 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

Daniel, Sergio, Pressley, Hartley, Robinson, McInnes, JJ, Lockie, Robbo 

Holy moly

JJ from 10 years ago would he perfect 

Neil first choice. McInnes/Robinson would be fine if had to

Think a JJ type would be great. Obviously Levein didn’t work out but someone in that mould. If Warnock was still available would have loved him

Edited by R1874

gashauskis9
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Of the view the new manager shouldn't bother giving them any extra time off. Shortest break possible. Come back the fittest ****ing team in the league. 

Didn’t seem to work this season.  

Would give it to Naismith, Berra and Gordon for the next few weeks and let someone who isn't Ann hire a suitable replacement, perhaps Joe Savage can get an opportunity to find someone hungry for success 

Chuck Berry
23 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

Alex Neil please.

People want to replace Neilson with McInnes? The reason for ditching Neilson is because the football's crap with ok results. McInnes is just a significantly more expensive version of what we have now?

8 Euro qualifications in a row and regular top 4 finishers, aye, just like Robbie.............