• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• sadj

• GinRummy

3 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Another enjoyable game and a comfortable win, can't blame Ayr for trying to spoil it.

Motm was the young Ayr keeper.

Enjoyable!? Last ten minutes might've been. The eighty minutes before was awful although we were slightly better in the second half.

Just now, manaliveits105 said:

Very unselfish lay off by Kasteneer for 2nd goal

Just watched the replay. Looked like as the ball comes over the Ayr defender (closest to Kasteneer) gets the slightest of touches on the ball, Kasteneer, already committed to the header, unintentionally makes contact with the side of his head, which allows it to break to Boyce. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Just watched the re-run. That took some doing heading it backwards from an empty goal. 😳

Vision.

8 minutes ago, Scallywag said:

Cant wait to get out of this league. 10 men behind the ball every week.

It was really obvious today, the way Ayr just parked the bus. As soon as we scored and the game started to open up, the quality of the Hearts players started to tell. Players like Kastineer and Walker started to have the room to drive at the Ayr defence causing all sort of concerns. Sad thing is, I don’t think we will see the best of these players (including GMS) in this type of league.

Just now, Boris5115 said:

At what point did you find it enjoyable. Winning doesn't necessarily mean it's an enjoyable watch. Ever heard of its a win but it wasn't pretty as that would be a fair assessment of today's performance. 

From start to finish, love watching Hearts. 

Highlight of the week made even sweeter by the 3 points.

Championship Football was never going to be pretty, never has been, never will be. 

Enjoy your evening, I will 😃😃😃

That was a hard watch until Walker came on!

Thank goodness Nando was in front of Popescu at the first goal or it would have been in the stand!!

Anyway, a win is a win😍

Walker man of the match for me!

Tommy Brown
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Some on here have literally lost their ****ing minds.

when teams sit deep as **** it’s very very rare you win 5/6/7. They are set up to stop that.

that was a very decent performance in the second half. If you don’t agree go watch ****ing netball or something football isn’t for you.  You’re ****ing clueless

Correct, let's get back up

And wonder every game next season if we can get back into the game.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Just watched the re-run. That took some doing heading it backwards from an empty goal. 😳

Defender in front of him got a touch did he not ? Did well to keep it in play never mind scoring. No touch from the defender and he’s bulleting  that home. Thought he was a bit unlucky not to score today.

7 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

Another enjoyable game and a comfortable win, can't blame Ayr for trying to spoil it.

Motm was the young Ayr keeper.

No he wasn’t. The ball for Gnanduillet’s goal should have been the keepers. Made some decent saves though. 

Just now, JimmyCant said:

Defender in front of him got a touch did he not ? Did well to keep it in play never mind scoring. No touch from the defender and he’s bulleting  that home. Thought he was a bit unlucky not to score today.

Yep. The defender did and Kasteneer was already committed to the header so it hit of the side of his head. 

Billy Hoyle
15 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Abysmal mate, pretty much a 5-5-0 and happy to get the point. I'm all for teams doing what they need to do but at least try and win the game.

Do we try and win the game when we go to Parkhead or Ibrox?? It’s not quite as big a gulf but similar. You can understand the thinking from Ayr but I thought last 20 they would have a go. They got what they deserved in the end. 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Pretty sure the defender deflected it on to the back of his head. 

OmiyaHearts

Job done. It wasn't pretty and felt like it was a poor performance, yet we could have won it by 4. Strange game.

2 minutes ago, Bull's-eye said:

From start to finish, love watching Hearts. 

Highlight of the week made even sweeter by the 3 points.

Championship Football was never going to be pretty, never has been, never will be. 

Enjoy your evening, I will 😃😃😃

Championship football last time   round was thoroughly entertaining stuff to watch. It was full of pace power and width and I loved every minute of it. This current offering doesn't remotely come close to it. And yes I will enjoy my evening thanks 🍺🍺🍺😀😀

Malinga the Swinga

Take the three points and move on. 

Ayr got what they deserved and expected, absolutely nothing. 

Rogue Daddy
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

They were organised but that was very much as you described. 

Kastaneer good cameo

Gnando settled and played well

Irving hot and cold

McEneff looked decent but took a while to get into the game

Boyce the pivotal point of the team today. Needs to shoot earlier though

Walker another good impact off the bench , suits his style I think

Pretty much sums it up! I’m liking big Gnando.... at least now we have a bit of movement up front. Still think he’s a few games off 100% but did well today, I thought. 
Wish Boyce would also pass earlier instead of trying to take on 10 men... but you still get a decent game out of him. Quality player. 
Walker looked good today and took his goal well... would start him before GMS. Agree about Kastaneer also, did well and should have scored. But we should remember, they’ve got a decent keeeper who kept the score down today. 
Game of two halves today really. 

Today was 2-0 going on 5/6-0 without any real effort put into the game. Complacency is the big problem. It’s just too easy. 

Hackney Hearts
8 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Enjoyable!? Last ten minutes might've been. The eighty minutes before was awful

I think you've got to say the last 18 minutes (+ 4 added on) given that we scored on 72 mins.

Personally I'd say the last half hour (round about when Walker came on).

14 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

We are utter pish. Absolutely no motivation to do more than the minimum required to get a result. IDGAF if there are no fans in the stadiums, if we’re playing a shite team, as a team and individuals you want to play at the top of your game. When things are going well and your beating teams comfortably, confidence grows, you start doing things you’d normally not do, the odd trick here the odd shot you’d normally never try. We’ve none of that. It’s lazy and embarrassing football.

Try and enjoy the rest of your weekend eh 😂

Cant be arsed with another post match pant wetting session so I think I’ll toddle off and watch Everton bring home my 8 match accumulator 

Back of the Bus
3 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Championship football last time   round was thoroughly entertaining stuff to watch. It was full of pace power and width and I loved every minute of it. This current offering doesn't remotely come close to it. And yes I will enjoy my evening thanks 🍺🍺🍺😀😀

Agreed. 

When you look at our squad from back then in comparison to the current squad it tells its own story and perhaps explains the disparity.

16 minutes ago, Djnoisy said:

We are utter pish. Absolutely no motivation to do more than the minimum required to get a result. IDGAF if there are no fans in the stadiums, if we’re playing a shite team, as a team and individuals you want to play at the top of your game. When things are going well and your beating teams comfortably, confidence grows, you start doing things you’d normally not do, the odd trick here the odd shot you’d normally never try. We’ve none of that. It’s lazy and embarrassing football.

Thank god I'm not inside your heid.

Big Slim Stylee
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Today was 2-0 going on 5/6-0 without any real effort put into the game. Complacency is the big problem. It’s just too easy. 

I agree chap. We have players that are capable of playing a few gears above what is needed in this league. Can’t bring myself to really judge or be too fussed until everyone’s found wanting next season 😀

Boyce is annoying.

Clearly a good player but

He comes 40yrds for a pass.

Chooses the wrong option when passing or shooting.

Needs a few chances before scoring.

He does work his arse off and holds the ball up very well.

its like he is just one step short of pulling it altogether.

Edited by Jamboelite

13 minutes ago, Silverwolf said:

It was really obvious today, the way Ayr just parked the bus. As soon as we scored and the game started to open up, the quality of the Hearts players started to tell. Players like Kastineer and Walker started to have the room to drive at the Ayr defence causing all sort of concerns. Sad thing is, I don’t think we will see the best of these players (including GMS) in this type of league.

In a strange type of way winning the league this year is probably a better feat than winning it in 2014/15

(stick with me here), back then we had better players, we had fans backing us, in 14/15 Rangers were the big scalp so teams were less inclined to sit in against us, as teams have done consistently this season 

as bloody awful as it’s been to watch, I am now starting to believe next season might be easier, because most teams will have a go at us, believing they can take something from us, this might be to our benefit, on the proviso we sort out our central defence.

Edited by jbee647

David Black

May have missed it but is Walker carrying a niggle as that is the only thing that could explain his sitting on the bench.

3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Cant be arsed with another post match pant wetting session so I think I’ll toddle off and watch Everton bring home my 8 match accumulator 

Good luck. 👍

6 minutes ago, Boris5115 said:

Last time we had crowds inside grounds which really does make a difference to the attitude of the players. Our opponents get their motivation from playing against Hearts we get ours from the fans.

No Idle Talk

A win's a win

Take the three points and move on

What other cliches can I come up with after that?

Not the best performance and not the most exciting match today. A lot of that was down to Ayr though. They didn't come to play football or make the game any kind of spectacle. They came to sit in with eleven men behind the ball and would have been delighted to walk away with a 0-0 draw. Absolutely shan to watch. Thankfully we finally managed to break the door down and score a couple of goals. 

There weren't a lot of eye catching individual performances today so I will sign off by saying - Can we PLEASE have Jamie Walker in the starting eleven now, Robbie? Playing GMS ahead of him on current form is just wrong. Get it sorted.

Robbo-Jambo
8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I think you've got to say the last 18 minutes (+ 4 added on) given that we scored on 72 mins.

Wish suggests Walker should be in the starting eleven. 

5 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Okay, 18 then. Either way the first half was torture (and I missed the first 12 minutes of it!). Played better in the second but even after we scored there was too much side-to-side tappy stuff. Popescu and Smith both got caught out so we can be thankful that Ayr Utd were absolutely awful. Probably the worst away performance i've seen at Tynecastle all season. 

wattie exploited
1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

How is Willie Wattie.. Hope he is ok mate.. 

he is getting keep in till they do more tests on Monday!

that the only heart attack so far today 

cheers for asking :rifle:

3 minutes ago, Des' Dad said:

Last time we had crowds inside grounds which really does make a difference to the attitude of the players. Our opponents get their motivation from playing against Hearts we get ours from the fans.

Fans or no fans a vast majority of our performances have been very poor. 

8 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Still utter garbage a performance like that.  Brora will fancy their chances.

That game is going to be as tough as hell to win. Hopefully we should have enough to get through, sure we will.....just!

Jambo in Bathgate
10 minutes ago, David Black said:

May have missed it but is Walker carrying a niggle as that is the only thing that could explain his sitting on the bench.

I’m sure Robbie has said a couple of times he is not fully fit. 

David Black
Just now, Jambo in Bathgate said:

Thought there had to be some sort of explanation, thanks.

Just now, Jambo in Bathgate said:

I've heard that about so many players the last few years that it's starting to fall on deaf ears. 

portobellojambo1

We didn't play particularly well, and the best way to sum up the game is the main objective was achieved, a victory with 3 points won. It really is what we learn from these sort of games that is important going forward, if nothing is learned then any mistakes will carry forward to next season. Two good goals, although it wasn't until they showed the replays that I noticed that what I originally thought was a super set up for goal number two wasn't actually intended to be, although did turn out that way. The replay from behind the goal at the school end showed that Kasteneer was actually looking to score but mistimed his jump and the ball came off the back of his head straight towards Jamie. Turned out to be a peach of a pass though. Move on, and hopefully learn from it.

Edited by portobellojambo1

maroondevo52
38 minutes ago, SteauaNeedarest said:

game is over. 🤨

Thank god, would like to comment on it but only seen about 25 seconds.

Glamorgan Jambo
2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

We didn't play particularly well, and the best way to sum up the game is the main objective was achieved, a victory with 3 points won. It really is what we learn from these sort of games that is important going forward, if nothing is learned then any mistakes will carry forward to next season. Two good goals, although it wasn't until they showed the replays that I noticed that what I originally thought was a super set up for goal number two wasn't actually intended to be, although did turn out that way. The replay from behind the goal at the school end showed that Kasteer was actually looking to score but mistimed his jump and the ball came off the back of his head straight towards Jamie. Turned out to be a peach of a pass though. Move on, and hopefully learn from it.

Thought the Ayr defender got a touch to it before Kasteneer.

9 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Okay, 18 then. Either way the first half was torture (and I missed the first 12 minutes of it!). Played better in the second but even after we scored there was too much side-to-side tappy stuff. Popescu and Smith both got caught out so we can be thankful that Ayr Utd were absolutely awful. Probably the worst away performance i've seen at Tynecastle all season. 

Ayr were very poor going forward. Job done for the Jambos.

2 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

We didn't play particularly well, and the best way to sum up the game is the main objective was achieved, a victory with 3 points won. It really is what we learn from these sort of games that is important going forward, if nothing is learned then any mistakes will carry forward to next season. Two good goals, although it wasn't until they showed the replays that I noticed that what I originally thought was a super set up for goal number two wasn't actually intended to be, although did turn out that way. The replay from behind the goal at the school end showed that Kasteneer was actually looking to score but mistimed his jump and the ball came off the back of his head straight towards Jamie. Turned out to be a peach of a pass though. Move on, and hopefully learn from it.

Watch again. The Ayr player closest to Kasteneer gets a touch with his head. Kasteneer already committed to the header couldn’t adjust. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Boyce is annoying.

Clearly a good player but

He comes 40yrds for a pass.

Chooses the wrong option when passing or shooting.

Needs a few chances before scoring.

He does work his arse off and holds the ball up very well.

its like he is just one step short of pulling it altogether.

My thoughts exactly, although if it all comes together he isn't with us anymore!

Maybe we all need to remember a game lasts 90 minutes 

if we play poorly, score in in 89th minute and win 1-0 then it’s job done.

we need to remember the level we are playing at, too many of the sky generation expect too much sometimes 

Edited by jbee647

1 hour ago, Super_Hans said:

Apart from creating our best chance in the first half.

Aye, OK then. A player who is bummed up to **** but only makes one decent chance. If he's that good he should be a stand out in every single game, no arguments whatsoever.