*** Official Heart of Midlothian vs Ayr Utd match-day thread***

Scott980612

upgotheheads

Smith, Popescu and Halkett as a combination will get slaughtered in the Premier League . We need to sign at least 2 decent centre backs.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• sadj

• GinRummy

Played well today I thought. Made plenty chances, scored a couple, could have been more and would have been had we managed to score earlier.

22 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

Boyce is annoying.

Clearly a good player but

He comes 40yrds for a pass.

Chooses the wrong option when passing or shooting.

Needs a few chances before scoring.

He does work his arse off and holds the ball up very well.

its like he is just one step short of pulling it altogether.

Agree with that totally.  By his standards he was poor today.

portobellojambo1
6 minutes ago, Glamorgan Jambo said:

Thought the Ayr defender got a touch to it before Kasteneer.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Watch again. The Ayr player closest to Kasteneer gets a touch with his head. Kasteneer already committed to the header couldn’t adjust. 

Maybe I was being a bit cruel and you are probably both correct. I couldn't tell from the first replay but from the second I thought it looked like he had headed it backwards but it could well have been that it actually came off the defender hence the direction the ball took.

27 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Cant be arsed with another post match pant wetting session so I think I’ll toddle off and watch Everton bring home my 8 match accumulator 

"Wood" you look at that? :whistling:

7 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

Maybe we all need to remember a game lasts 90 minutes 

if we play poorly, score in in 89th minute and 1-0 then it’s job done.

we need to remember the level we are playing at, too many of the sky generation expect too much sometimes 

I was quite happy with how it turned out today but it’s ok to constructively criticise that performance. The encouraging thing is the players stuck to their guns and showed good professionalism to keep their shape and not get frustrated reverting to long diagonals and over hit passes like we’ve seen before.  On the downside, the three passes across the back line again and again was pointless and only helps the opposition. Also our defenders need to concentrate more, immediately after we lose a goal. 

Edited by GinRummy

The most satisfying part of today player-wise was the steady improvement of Nando.  He looks deceptively slow, but holds the ball up and passes it on superbly.  And in either box he's a great asset.

Boyce is one of our best players, if not our best,(imho) Some games better than others, but we're bloody lucky to have him !🤪

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 minutes ago, upgotheheads said:

Smith, Popescu and Halkett as a combination will get slaughtered in the Premier League . We need to sign at least 2 decent centre backs.

Smith won’t. He didn’t last time in the SPL and this growing weird obsession with calling him out as shite is totally bizarre.

29 minutes ago, jbee647 said:

In a strange type of way winning the league this year is probably a better feat than winning it in 2014/15

(stick with me here), back then we had better players, we had fans backing us, in 14/15 Rangers were the big scalp so teams were less inclined to sit in against us, as teams have done consistently this season 

as bloody awful as it’s been to watch, I am now starting to believe next season might be easier, because most teams will have a go at us, believing they can take something from us, this might be to our benefit, on the proviso we sort out our central defence.

I agree with much of this although having sevco in the league and being favoured to top it made the title for us that much sweeter!

No Idle Talk
8 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Played well today I thought. Made plenty chances, scored a couple, could have been more and would have been had we managed to score earlier.

An early goal would certainly have made it a better game. It would have forced Ayr not to be so negative in their approach.

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I was quite happy with how it turned out today but it’s ok to constructively criticise that performance. The encouraging thing is the players stuck to their guns and showed good professionalism to keep their shape and not get frustrated reverting to long diagonals and over hit passes like we’ve seen before.  On the downside, the three passes across the back line again and again was pointless and only helps the opposition. Also our defenders need to concentrate more immediately after we lose a goal. 

I think you mean score a goal! Absolutely, we were at sixes and sevens at times and as one poster has said ,we'll be crucified for such laxness next season.

Also agree about the incessant cross, cross, lethargically.  We just don't know how to  play when teams park the bus.  That said they got what they deserved.  

portobellojambo1
5 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

Agree with that totally.  By his standards he was poor today.

I didn't think he was poor today, I just thought he was being asked, or was just forced,  to play a different way today. He still contributed enough today and will always look best in his best position, which is in the opposition penalty area. Anyway, time to sit and watch some golf for a few hours now.

1 minute ago, chrystaf said:

I think you mean score a goal! Absolutely, we were at sixes and sevens at times and as one poster has said ,we'll be crucified for such laxness next season.

Also agree about the incessant cross, cross, lethargically.  We just don't know how to  play when teams park the bus.  That said they got what they deserved.  

Yeah score a goal. 5 pint mistake there. 😀. Agree. 

Very happy with that.  Now looking forward to top Jambo Westwood who I read on here lives in Gorgie Road tearing the Players apart.

Bazzas right boot
11 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Agreed, this has been our biggest issue the last few games and why the scores have been tighter. 

Broxburn Jambo
1 hour ago, Boris5115 said:

At what point did you find it enjoyable. Winning doesn't necessarily mean it's an enjoyable watch. Ever heard of its a win but it wasn't pretty as that would be a fair assessment of today's performance. 

Very Hibs, winning is always first..............would you rather we played well and lost

2 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Very Hibs, winning is always first..............would you rather we played well and lost

How could that side play well and lose in this league? What chain of events would need to happen 

8 minutes ago, Broxburn Jambo said:

Nothing Hibs about me pal. Just saying that you can win without it being pretty. 

Rogue Daddy
27 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

The problems with the back two today were that they (on numerous occasions) allowed the ball to bounce instead of heading first time.  Almost cost us a couple of times. 

1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

Pretty sure the defender deflected it on to the back of his head. 

Hope that was the case because of it wasn’t ........🙈

4 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The problems with the back two today were that they (on numerous occasions) allowed the ball to bounce instead of heading first time.  Almost cost us a couple of times. 

Both CH’s need to be replaced if we want to be a top 6 team next season,

40 minutes ago, chrystaf said:

The most satisfying part of today player-wise was the steady improvement of Nando.  He looks deceptively slow, but holds the ball up and passes it on superbly.  And in either box he's a great asset.

The crossing was piss poor today. Get that sorted and the big guy will score plenty!

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

School boy stuff. It’s why he went to a five in the last few minutes with Popescu in the middle and White at LWB when they had the ball. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

The crossing was piss poor today. Get that sorted and the big guy will score plenty!

It’s been poor all season unfortunately, not been sorted yet. We seemed more determined to make their GK drop it today than hit a man from corners, nearly worked though. 

After every dreadful performance we hear the same lame excuses from the RN happy clappers. Parked bus, difficult opponents, it’ll all come good , three points is all that matters. Have I missed any of the other excuses spouted by those that are prepared to accept the feeble garbage we see from Hearts every week since the Dundee game.

Clerry Jambo
11 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Both CH’s need to be replaced if we want to be a top 6 team next season,

I keep hearing this and agree we need another quality centre half but how about we sort out midfield because even if we can get a couple of better centre halves we're doing nothing in the top flight with the current engine room. I’m not knocking the lad mcenuff but he seems to be getting stifled considering he arrived with the reputation as a box to box player. The middle keep running into each other, this could ofcourse be coming from the coaching crew 

Just now, Clerry Jambo said:

I keep hearing this and agree we need another quality centre half but how about we sort out midfield because even if we can get a couple of better centre halves we're doing nothing in the top flight with the current engine room. I’m not knocking the lad mcenuff but he seems to be getting stifled considering he arrived with the reputation as a box to box player. The middle keep running into each other, this could ofcourse be coming from the coaching crew 

We need better is most areas of the park tbh.

Clerry Jambo
Just now, DH1986 said:

We need better is most areas of the park tbh.

Can’t disagree with that, first half today was truly awful

avhudtheteeshirt

Box to box players need those around him to be able to pass the ball forward, not sideways or backwards!

How many times today did we pass back or sideways and let the 11 get themselves set up at the back?

When we go at teams we show how good we are, just not often enough!!!!

Can’t disagree with that, first half today was truly awful

The only position that looks sorted is between the sticks. We currently have no adequate cover for either full-back or up front. The level of quality of the midfielders and wingers is a concern too.

hmfc_liam06
13 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

After every dreadful performance we hear the same lame excuses from the RN happy clappers. Parked bus, difficult opponents, it’ll all come good , three points is all that matters. Have I missed any of the other excuses spouted by those that are prepared to accept the feeble garbage we see from Hearts every week since the Dundee game.

Today was far from dreadful.

The Levein years have seriously ****ed up a lot of our support.

Between that, folk who started following us in 2005 and those who watch the EPL and expect Scottish teams to be the love child of Man City and Liverpool...some seriously need to get a grip.

3 hours ago, Buzzbomb1874 said:

Tried to add pace in the last 2 transfer windows as well. Ginnelly is the only bit pace we have had all season and that was for 3 or 4 games at most .

Yeah it was a real shame Ginnelly got injured mate.

3 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Between that, folk who started following us in 2005 and those who watch the EPL and expect Scottish teams to be the love child of Man City and Liverpool...some seriously need to get a grip.

Totally agree, so hard to break that down today and we did. On another day add a couple more goals. 

colinmaroon
23 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It’s been poor all season unfortunately, not been sorted yet. We seemed more determined to make their GK drop it today than hit a man from corners, nearly worked though. 

McEneff has shown he can cross a good ball but he's been given a defensive role it would seem, confined to the centre.  Irving is playing deeper, and well mostly, so he only gets a chance to cross at freekicks - voila!

Halliday, Walker in particular were woeful with their crosses.

22 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

What periods as a hearts fan do you remember as being enjoyable football most weeks? Genuine question.  I can't remember a single season where we've consistently played good football.

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, db211833 said:

Totally agree, so hard to break that down today and we did. On another day add a couple more goals. 

I've just come to the conclusion that they're clueless about football :lol:

colinmaroon
7 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

A lot of truth in that!

hmfc_liam06
1 minute ago, Dia Liom said:

What periods as a hearts fan do you remember as being enjoyable football most weeks? Genuine question.  I can't remember a single season where we've consistently played good football.

Exactly. The mentality of folk is staggering, it's bad on here but even worse on social media. Twitter is some read during a match.

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

I've just come to the conclusion that they're clueless about football :lol:

Absolutely,  a quick view of most leagues in Europe shows thatbig budget doesn't always mean win every game.but apparently we should smash everything before us. JKB is a habit for me, but becoming a hard read.

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Should have cashed in 😂 

I had a BTTS Lucky 31 on today that I should have cashed in for £55, but I was just waiting for goals from Crewe and Oxford who were getting pumped and it was looking good (and was waiting on the Everton game tonight).  Needless to say it didn't come in :(

I share your pain :lol:

hmfc_liam06
Just now, db211833 said:

Absolutely,  a quick view of most leagues in Europe shows thatbig budget doesn't always mean win every game.but apparently we should smash everything before us. JKB is a habit for me, but becoming a hard read.

We can absolutely play better, we are prone to taking the easy option too often but there's very little credit given to how the opposition stifle us. Today in particular. But I thought we played well, we were patient and created plenty chances.

The same folk would probably be raging had we converted a couple more of those chances.

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

We can absolutely play better, we are prone to taking the easy option too often but there's very little credit given to how the opposition stifle us. Today in particular. But I thought we played well, we were patient and created plenty chances.

The same folk would probably be raging had we converted a couple more of those chances.

We can definitely be better , we need to play at a much higher pace and take more risks. But I think we agree that doesn't mean the team needs to be slaughtered every week after a win or a draw. Absolutely tragic behaviour from some hearts "supporters "