• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Thomaso

• sadj

• GinRummy

sandylejambo
2 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Why?  Anyone can write "45 nil Hearts" it doesn't make you more of a supporter".  

the Proclaimers are bigger Jambo's than you.

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

You been drinking all night? 🤣

If only. 

1 minute ago, Voice of reason said:

Traditionally, a no 10 is an attacking midfielder pulling the strings behind the strikers. It’s basically someone playing in the pocket of space just behind the strikers.  I just googled the No10 role in football as you had me doubting myself! Anyway, that’s exactly what GMS was meant to do last week and what Walker is best at. 

You both are correct, there's different interpretations and different roles a no. 10 plays. e. g. Maradona was a no. 10 but he'd be considered a playmaker. Pele was also a number 10 but he'd be considered a supporting forward. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Captain Canada said:

2-1 and 87 shots for us with just the 2 on target. 

Very Likley. 

Bazzas right boot

Why?  Anyone can write "45 nil Hearts" it doesn't make you more of a supporter".  

If we won 45-0, you'd say the other team were shit and we should be  scoring 50 whilst somehow squeezing in a ageist/ sexist dig at the woman who owns us. 

34 minutes ago, sandylejambo said:

They don't like anything big.  Defo prefer dwarves.

I wouldn't be surprised if Robbie changes back to one up top. We played better but not well enough for me to expect a dazzling performance with lots of goals.

3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Hearts 0 Ayr 1

Go on then, justify why you think that's a realistic outcome of the match?  Who do Ayr have that are dangerous, what formation will they play?  Why will Hearts not score against the team who are 7th in the league, and have picked up exactly half as many points as we have? 

Typical, you quickly post something "controversial" (read: absolute nonsense) with absolutely no substance, and then run off to see how people react. 

Edited by tian447

13 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Go on then, justify why you think that's a realistic outcome of the match?  Who do Ayr have that are dangerous, what formation will they play?  Why will Hearts not score against the team who are 7th in the league, and have picked up exactly half as many points as we have? 

Typical, you quickly post something "controversial" (read: absolute nonsense) with absolutely no substance, and then run off to see how people react. 

TBF us not winning is not a massive leap from what we have seen the last month or so. I know he was just being him, it's just not a totally crazy prediction.

18 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Becasue there is something just not quite right with us and teams know it.  I hope we win and we may well do but we are up one week down next.  After a victory I sense defeat.

Edited by i8hibsh

Robbo-Jambo
57 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

The same team as last week but with Jamie Walker replacing Gary Mackay-Steven. That would do me. 

Home win.

Don't think he will drop GMS to the bench but Walker is very unlucky not to be in the starting eleven imo.

Robbo-Jambo
26 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

😁

5 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Becasue there is something just not quite right with us and teams know it.  I hope we win and we may well do but we are up one week down next.  After a victory I sense defeat.

I could agree with you if we weren't 14 points clear at the top of the table, averaging 2.21 points per game. 

We have had some howling results, but I don't think we're anywhere near "lose to Ayr United at home" bad. 

VikingHeart
2 hours ago, portobellojambo1 said:

While I'd love to see us score a barrow load I'd settle for a victory, just as another step closer to promotion. I'd like to hope that we adopt the same approach as we did last weekend, to me we looked a lot more fluent. The one thing I was a wee bit disappointed in was that we changed that shape for the last 20 odd minutes and it didn't work. When we took off two forwards the natural means of continutation should have been to replace them with two forward players from the bench, but we didn't and sat off, making the closing period of the game more of a grind than it should have been.

Lets take it to them from the outset, if they choose to defend lets keep them moving about all over the place, use our options to the best of our advantage. I'd imagine the players know that potential changes to the squad will happen once we are up, it is up to those players to produce to an extent that it makes it more difficult for the management team to decide who needs to be replaced. They need to show that they both want and are good enough to still be around next season.

Totally agree with this. Also I'm still waiting for GMS to get his goal. Keep the faith and keep the beers cold HHGH🍻

1 hour ago, No Idle Talk said:

The same team as last week but with Jamie Walker replacing Gary Mackay-Steven. That would do me. 

Home win.

GMS has hasn’t delivered but think he might be fired up for this after last weeks sitter.

highlandjambo3
29 minutes ago, i8hibsh said:

Can you point out who defeated hearts after their last 4 victories for me please?

Anyway, It’s all fine.....

If we get it quite right, there are still enough games left for us to clinch that all elusive top spot.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

I’d rather listen to them 

BRAVEHEART1874

Glad we played that system last week, apart from the openning 20mins. Same team again 2-1 da jambos :) as we just seem to keep making stupid individual errors ever week 

part_time_jambo

I see David Hopkin is the new Ayr boss. Hope they don't get the "new manager bounce" that every club except Hearts seems to get.

The Shed Floodlight

Surprised you are only going for a one goal defeat, considering they scored three on their last visit.

No Idle Talk
2 hours ago, Arry said:

GMS has hasn’t delivered but think he might be fired up for this after last weeks sitter.

It's not even that I want GMS to be dropped. It's more to do with the fact that I think it's really harsh on Jamie Walker not to be in the starting eleven at the moment. He has been playing well.

4 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Indeed he was but he wasn’t playing a traditional 10 role. A ‘10’ is your second striker playing off and coming a bit deeper. The diamond tip is an Attacking player with a free role to go wide and run from deep which more than a 10 does. Walker doesn’t do either of those things well but yes, he CAN play as a 10.

It's literally the same thing whatever name you want to put on it. 

9 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Pointless argument really (semantics) GMS will start and Walker won’t is the bottom line here. He won’t drop GMS when he’s just starting to get up to speed and contribute a bit more

Edited by JimmyCant

colinmaroon
26 minutes ago, Ari Gold said:

Oh goodness!  It's just been explained it is not "literally" the same thing.  It's not a matter of what you call it, it's what the "different" roles are, "literally."

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Up one week, down the next... Wtf you on about? 

When did that happen? 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’d rather listen to them 

😂😂😂😂👍

Billy Hoyle
6 hours ago, tian447 said:

I could agree with you if we weren't 14 points clear at the top of the table, averaging 2.21 points per game. 

We have had some howling results, but I don't think we're anywhere near "lose to Ayr United at home" bad. 

We lost to Raith at home recently. Drew with Morton at home Recently. We can certainly lose to Ayr if we are not on our game from the start. 
Same first half and style of play to Dundee at home and we should be fine.  Hopefully we don’t concede a goal and shite ourselves like last week!!

Sub4TiddlerMurray
7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

that's probably the scummiest thing ever said on JKB

7 hours ago, jambopilms said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Robbie changes back to one up top. We played better but not well enough for me to expect a dazzling performance with lots of goals.

Surely not! The set up was far more positive against Dundee!!

4 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

It's not even that I want GMS to be dropped. It's more to do with the fact that I think it's really harsh on Jamie Walker not to be in the starting eleven at the moment. He has been playing well.

I think GMS should play if only to score a goal to wipe that horrendous miss out his mind.

I also think Walker makes more impact coming off the bench.

3 hours ago, Lfhearts said:

Any win will do as usual.

Spot on, LF.  👍

I think it’ll be 3-0 Hearts.

7 hours ago, i8hibsh said:

Why would someone who can compose some really good (if somewhat controversial) posts, resort to a comment like this?

12 hours ago, lost in space said:

I dont care much what the formation is.

I dont care much what the team is.

Not too bothered if we play with wingers.

I diamond in the middle is not something I am dreaming about.

Dont care if we zonal mark.

A false no 9 is unimportant to me.

What I want to see is the right attitude; with players getting forward and with more than one of our players in the Ayr box.

Well said,  sir! 👏👏👏

3 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Why would someone who can compose some really good (if somewhat controversial) posts, resort to a comment like this?

Slipped veil?

2 minutes ago, Boris said:

Slipped veil?

Green and white veil, perhaps?

🤷🏿‍♂️

25 minutes ago, Morgan said:

Spot on, LF.  👍

I think it’ll be 3-0 Hearts.

Cheers Morgan, unfortunately I don't think think that defence can keep a clean sheet.

Pasquale for King

Tonight’s result sees the pressure slightly so let’s hope they go out and obliterate these scumbags, 5-1 will do nicely. 

Shanks said no

About time we gave someone a proper hammering, get this stupid league put away and have some Scottish Cup fun