• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Cruyff

King Of The Cat Cafe

Cue subeditors all over Scotland thinking up puns for "Glass", "breaking" and "smashing".

Who is going to be the first stadium announcer to play Nick Lowe's "I Like The Sound Of Breaking Glass" after their team defeats Aberdeen.

Shanghai Hearts

Will be interesting to see how he goes. Alex Neil did well initially at Hamilton then down south, could work out for the sheep... probably not what they hoped for by fans. 

Edited by Shanghai Hearts

Maybe Glass has fresh ideas but will only succeed if given the resource. McInness defo had them at a good consistent level but the sheep never really took to him. 

Edited by JackLadd

King Of The Cat Cafe

And then there might be 

'Shattered Glass' by Laura Branigan

'Heart of Glass' by Blondie

'Walking On Broken Glass' by Annie Lennox

And 'The Parting Glass', when it all goes sour.

*Yes, it is a Tuesday and I am bored.  How did you guess?

Bazzas right boot

Smashing appointment. 

Tbh Aberdeen have been a bit fragile lately. 

The Aberdeen fans might see right through this tho and think he was the cheap option. 

There will be No glazing over it, if he starts poorly. He needs to get off to a cracking start. 

Carl Fredrickson
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Smashing appointment. 

Tbh Aberdeen have been a bit fragile lately. 

The Aberdeen fans might see right through this tho and think he was the cheap option. 

There will be No glazing over it, if he starts poorly. He needs to get off to a cracking start. 

Stop being a pane :peepwall:

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Was he not employed by the MLS team which owner or investors owns Aberdeen ? First singing Jake Mulraney . 

In charge of their second team I believe. 

It appears his biggest qualification for the position is that he’s an ex-Aberdeen player.

In saying that.....I hope it gives the players that new manager boost and they somehow manage to catch Hibs.......

Wishful thinking no doubt.

43 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Glass is a bit of a gamble. Time will tell. 

Brittle to say the least...😄....!

12 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Glass and Brown is a strange move. Strange club though with even stranger fans. 

A Scott Brown team talk will be a special moment in Scottish football history.

3 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

He's been doing Celtic's team talks the last 10 years. 

See if Aberdeen do a huddle. 

1 minute ago, Mikey1874 said:

He's been doing Celtic's team talks the last 10 years. 

See if Aberdeen do a huddle. 

Hes the cheerleader in the huddle not sure that’s quite a team talk. Although I suspect the message will be similar, involve a lot of swearing and threats of violence all in one long drone of a sentence.

12 minutes ago, Rudy T said:

Here's Broonaldo's inspirational team talk video featuring his uncanny lookalike.

indianajones

"His winning mentality, having been mentored in the 'Aberdeen Way' from an early age by the likes of Teddy Scott, Alex Smith and Willie Miller, and desire to embrace the club's strategy were key factors in our decision," said Cormack.

Whats the 'Aberdeen way'?

Stephen Glass Aberdeen player 1994 to 1998

(Also a Hibs player 2003 to 2007)

Aberdeen 1994/95 - 9th in league, won relegation play off, Willie Miller sacked as manager

Aberdeen 1995/96 - 3rd in league, won League Cup (fair enough)

Aberdeen 1996/97 - 6th in league, lost 1st (3rd) round in Cup to Hibs

Aberdeen 1997/98 - 6th in league, lost 1st (3rd) round in Cup to Dundee United, Roy Aitken sacked replaced by Alex Miller 

Surprised at the appointment thought Robinson , Davidson , Goodwin would of been before Glass in a shortlist and I think the three names I’ve mentioned would probably do a better job. 

Under the floodlight
22 minutes ago, Wee Mikey said:

Here's Broonaldo's inspirational team talk video featuring his uncanny lookalike.

I  always thought it would be worse, glad I CHOSE THE FAMOUS!

1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Surprised at the appointment thought Robinson , Davidson , Goodwin would of been before Glass in a shortlist and I think the three names I’ve mentioned would probably do a better job. 

Dave Cormack backs himself. He's chosen someone from his own empire. Being from partner club. He rates himself. 

It's not too different from Wallace Mercer going to his favoured club for a young prospect in Alex MacDonald. 

Mercer chose well. See what happens here. 

2 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Dave Cormack backs himself. He's chosen someone from his own empire. Being from partner club. He rates himself. 

It's not too different from Wallace Mercer going to his favoured club for a young prospect in Alex MacDonald. 

It will be an interesting watch. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
On 08/03/2021 at 21:25, Sir Gio said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see someone arrive Stateside. Cormack contacts and direction of travel is promoting the link with Atlanta 

On 08/03/2021 at 21:35, Martin_T said:

Stephen Glass is assistant manager out there apparently.

No surprise. Golden rule of business you hire someone you trust and have a rapport with. 

Pleasing the hoards really not that important until it all goes wrong or of course in 2021 you don't have the style to please the keyboard warriors 

SectionDJambo
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Alex MacDonald was already at Hearts before Mercer, wasn't he?  Bobby Moncur signed him.

Mind you, he got the manager's job after losing, as caretaker, to Forfar at home in the cup. Good move by Wallace, deciding to go for stability instead of panicking.

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He’s also saved a few hundred grand in wages also. 

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

Alex MacDonald was already at Hearts before Mercer, wasn't he?  Bobby Moncur signed him.

Mind you, he got the manager's job after losing, as caretaker, to Forfar at home in the cup. Good move by Wallace, deciding to go for stability instead of panicking.

Yeah he was, Naismith could do the same if he is still here in the future 🤔?

So they’ve appointed a guy with zero managerial experience.... I await Willie Millers comments on how that will never work in the Scottish game!?!

Seymour M Hersh
42 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

I'm not sure I'd put Waldo in the same post as Cormack. 

Pasquale for King
2 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Was he not employed by the MLS team which owner or investors owns Aberdeen ? First singing Jake Mulraney . 

Atlanta own shares in Aberdeen and the invested £2m , they have a strategic partnership with them. Glass was manager of Atlanta 2 apparently. 
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/dec/03/atlanta-united-aberdeen-partnership-mls-scottish-premiership

Cormack doesn’t own Atlanta. He’s maybe met the owner 😜
https://www.atlutd.com/club/front-office/arthur-blank

One of the guys i worked with is a sheep fans, he is going mental at the appointment. He still has the typical 80's mentality of most aberdeen fans. He was expecting a real big name as manager

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

"His winning mentality, having been mentored in the 'Aberdeen Way' from an early age by the likes of Teddy Scott, Alex Smith and Willie Miller, and desire to embrace the club's strategy were key factors in our decision," said Cormack.

Whats the 'Aberdeen way'?

Ah, the mythical "Aberdeen way" and here was me thinking that the only team in Scotland that had a "way" was that lot from Lochend.

Strangely enough when Glass signed for that lot they were going on about him being a player who played the "Hibs way".

They were correct because he was pretty mediocre for them and mediocre is what I always consider to be their "way".

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Always been in the frame though. 

He'd have been shattered if he'd missed out to be fair..........😆.......!

1 hour ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Those three are perennial bottom 6 or only just scraping into top 6 material. Wouldn’t be happy with any of them at Hearts so couldn’t see Aberdeen being interested.