McInnes leaves Aberdeen - Glass appointed

jamboinglasgow

2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Pretty much, I would rather he ****ed off and we never see him again though. 

Well said, hopefully he is done with Scottish football for good 

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• Mikey1874

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

• Cruyff

Nookie Bear
8 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

David Robertson to shake them up

:rofl:

Have I missed something? What’s his issue with the sheep?

Nookie Bear

Big moment for the sheep, this. 

Make the wrong appointment and they could easily find themselves back amongst the bottom 6, with dwindling crowds. 

Fingers crossed. 

hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, Barack said:

Where's monkeymarmalade, with his usual Aberdeen "scoop"?

I'm sure he'll be along shortly with some made up shortlist, Prez.

6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'm sure he'll be along shortly with some made up shortlist, Prez.

I'm sure he was outed as an Aberdeen fan during the last window after he went slithering over to Pie and Bovril to tell them how out of touch with reality we all are. 

Edited by GinRummy

hmfc_liam06
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I'm sure he was outed as an Aberdeen fan during the last window after he went slithering over to Pie and Bovril to tell them how out of touch with reality we all are. 

Ha! Brilliant.

jamboinglasgow
14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wait he was telling others how out of touch we are? The guy who kept saying Aberdeen were about to sign every promising young player in Scotland and were going to get rid of all their bad players easily.

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Boy's never a Hearts fan. :lol: 

@sadj & @Sir Gio live up that neck of the woods. Don't see them rushing onto the Hearts forum to tell us about Aberdeen's potential transfer dealings & who they might pinch from Hearts. Yet bugger all for the rest of the time...? 

Right ye are loon...

😃It's just such a strange thing to do. Would be like me going over to AFC chat as an Aberdeen fan with an imaginary list of Hearts transfer targets every transfer window for years. I just don't see what he gets out of it. 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Wait he was telling others how out of touch we are? The guy who kept saying Aberdeen were about to sign every promising young player in Scotland and were going to get rid of all their bad players easily.

Utterly bizarre behaviour.

Just now, Barack said:

There's a regular Hearts poster on there, Wester Hailes or something. Spends his posting life just slating us. On a sheep forum... :lol:

Their forum is good for a peek now & again. Their requirements for a new manager now appear to be the same as the last appointment:

"No hun *******s!"

Yeah, I know the guy you mean. Wester Hailes skinhead or Wester Hailes skin. 

I often look at other teams forums but haven't been on there's for a while. It's not busy enough is the main problem. 

I just hope whoever they appoint is a total disaster, a total disaster and a hun would be a massive bonus.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, GinRummy said:

Utterly bizarre behaviour.

Here is what he said in the january Window

"Apparently Aberdeen are after Gary Mackay-Steven, Ross Stewart, Chris Cadden, Stuart Findlay, Paul Gallagher, Allan Campbell and Marley Watkins (permanent deal)"

So from that, GMS went to us, Ross Stewart went to Sunderland, Cadden went to Hibs, Findlay went to Philadephia, Watkins went back to Bristol City, and Gallagher and Campbell stayed where they were.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

"Apparently Aberdeen are after Gary Mackay-Steven, Ross Stewart, Chris Cadden, Stuart Findlay, Paul Gallagher, Allan Campbell and Marley Watkins (permanent deal)"

So from that, GMS went to us, Ross Stewart went to Sunderland, Cadden went to Hibs, Findlay went to Philadephia, Watkins went back to Bristol City, and Gallagher and Campbell stayed where they were.

:lol:

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

as accurate as the current aberdeen strike force

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have I missed something? What’s his issue with the sheep?

David Robertson has no issue as far as I know, still has house up there I think. 

more his style of management, a hobo I mentioned it to this morning reckoned Kamberi would watch the Kashmir video and pack his bags and run away. 

He would scare the shit out of them. 

Think it goes to that idea of becoming stale if you're at a club too long. Fergusons success was really one of a kind and had the sort of money available which would mean regular squad refreshment signings were easily possible. At our level you're gambling on free transfers more often than not. 

I can't believe he was on that kind of money though, fairly certain McCoist was on that and Lennon was only on £400k p/a in his first stint at Celtic. If you're paying that kind of money for a manager, I think they have a right to expect more than what they got, especially around style of play. Could have had Tommy Wright in on a 7th of what they were paying McInnes. 

Some agent he must have though :D 

Overall, McInnes did do a good job at Aberdeen, but the time was right for him to move on. One of those jobs where after about 3 or 4 seasons, it was going to be very difficult to top what he'd already done. Was in grave risk of overstaying his welcome for a while now, and alas, he has.

Be interesting to see what's next for him. A job in League 1 or 2 down south most likely.

As for Aberdeen, McLeish is the name on the bookies odds list that stands out, although for some weird reason, I could see Paul Heckingbottom getting the job. No idea why.

kirkierobroy

He won one thing at Aberdeen - in 2014. If he's just 'gone stale' it happened a long time ago. They had their opportunities to do better and always bottled it.

Auldreekie1874

Latest from Skybet....

• Stephen Glass
    6/4
    Enzo Maresca
    4/1
    Stephen Robinson
    4/1
    Craig Levein
    8/1
    Paul Lambert
    8/1
    Alex McLeish
    10/1
    Ross Nicholson
    10/1
    Paul Hartley
    12/1
    Dan Petrescu
    14/1
    Gordon Strachan
    14/1

6 minutes ago, Auldreekie1874 said:

Latest from Skybet....

• Stephen Glass
    6/4
    Enzo Maresca
    4/1
    Stephen Robinson
    4/1
    Craig Levein
    8/1
    Paul Lambert
    8/1
    Alex McLeish
    10/1
    Ross Nicholson
    10/1
    Paul Hartley
    12/1
    Dan Petrescu
    14/1
    Gordon Strachan
    14/1

Paul Hartley or Robinson would be a sensible choice by the looks of things for them. 

Shanks said no

Higher odds

Jim Goodwin
14/1
Jim McIntyre
14/1
Malky Mackay
14/1
Alan Stubbs
16/1
Tommy Wright
16/1
Alex Neil
20/1
Derek Adams
20/1
Martin O'Neill
20/1
Sol Campbell
20/1
Barry Ferguson
22/1
Roy Keane
25/1
Stuart McCall
25/1
Tony Adams
25/1
Eddie Howe
33/1
Tony Mowbray
33/1
Mike Newell
40/1
Calvin Zola
66/1

Nookie Bear
59 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

David Robertson has no issue as far as I know, still has house up there I think. 

more his style of management, a hobo I mentioned it to this morning reckoned Kamberi would watch the Kashmir video and pack his bags and run away. 

Ah right.

Yes, hope he gets the job 🙂

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Is back living here at the moment I believe. Was talking to a relative of his a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if thats due to season times in India or Covid or other reasons. Can’t imagine his style being any more fun to work under than Lennon or Robinson.

only name iv seen linked who I think could do ok is Robinson but you also have Cormack who by all iv been told or heard is an absolute fud

1 hour ago, Barack said:

There's a regular Hearts poster on there, Wester Hailes or something. Spends his posting life just slating us. On a sheep forum... :lol:

Their forum is good for a peek now & again. Their requirements for a new manager now appear to be the same as the last appointment:

"No hun *******s!"

🤣

Unknown user
7 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's going to be very difficult for Aberdeen to replace McInnes with the right person. 

Cormack's minted, I'm expecting to see them push the boat out for a manager, fail to back him as much as he'd like, then lose him.

Pasquale for King
43 minutes ago, OTT said:

Think it goes to that idea of becoming stale if you're at a club too long. Fergusons success was really one of a kind and had the sort of money available which would mean regular squad refreshment signings were easily possible. At our level you're gambling on free transfers more often than not. 

I can't believe he was on that kind of money though, fairly certain McCoist was on that and Lennon was only on £400k p/a in his first stint at Celtic. If you're paying that kind of money for a manager, I think they have a right to expect more than what they got, especially around style of play. Could have had Tommy Wright in on a 7th of what they were paying McInnes. 

Some agent he must have though :D 

I think they put him up to that when he was offered those wages to leave for Sunderland. Rangers actually asked him to take a pay cut which is why he didn’t go. 
A sheep fan I know reckoned the amount was spot on, scary nonetheless. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Barack said:

Boy's never a Hearts fan. :lol: 

@sadj & @Sir Gio live up that neck of the woods. Don't see them rushing onto the Hearts forum to tell us about Aberdeen's potential transfer dealings & who they might pinch from Hearts. Yet bugger all for the rest of the time...? 

Right ye are loon...

Never been on the Aberdeen forum or the Hibs one, make me feel dirty.

No real word, other than Lennon is definitely keen, last chance in Scotland I suppose, done everything else viable, bar one, possibly the only man that could make Robbie popular :)

I said last night before I knew about Glass, expect some sort of US link up, Cormack has been angling that way since day 1, be surprised if Glass isnt part of the set up now I see he has been grooming in Atlanta. 

Knowing Dave since my formative days, he is no punter, a real corporate football fan, he may well have trust issues, Lennon I dont think fits the bill here. If I were them I would take a punt on Callum Davidson, intellectual family, knew his brother well too, decent right back himself. Z list name dropping post this has become

Just now, Smithee said:

Cormack's minted, I'm expecting to see them push the boat out for a manager, fail to back him as much as he'd like, then lose him.

I think he'll have to. You can't replace someone who's finished top 4 eight years on the trot with a Stephen Robinson who was recently punted by Motherwell. It will have to be someone that will be seen as an improvement on McInnes.

There's a lot at stake for Aberdeen and we're back next season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is back living here at the moment I believe. Was talking to a relative of his a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if thats due to season times in India or Covid or other reasons. Can’t imagine his style being any more fun to work under than Lennon or Robinson.

only name iv seen linked who I think could do ok is Robinson but you also have Cormack who by all iv been told or heard is an absolute fud

🤣

Fud is the right word, I grew up in the same cooncil multi storey as Dave, may have mentioned before :lol:

Harmless guy, but larger than life and complete misfit for the area, he was a figure of fun as he came home from work each day in his shiny silver suit, his tiepin and his slip ons with white socks. Gotta love the 80s. We would be playing football and Dave would scream for a pass as he came in, loudly. **** off Dave the shout would go back, but Dave has had the last laugh. 

His folks are top people though, salt of the earth, Dave was just different. Be interesting to see who the appointment is, I'm told he is big mates with McLeish, who could act as his intermediary

9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Never been on the Aberdeen forum or the Hibs one, make me feel dirty.

No real word, other than Lennon is definitely keen, last chance in Scotland I suppose, done everything else viable, bar one, possibly the only man that could make Robbie popular :)

I said last night before I knew about Glass, expect some sort of US link up, Cormack has been angling that way since day 1, be surprised if Glass isnt part of the set up now I see he has been grooming in Atlanta. 

Knowing Dave since my formative days, he is no punter, a real corporate football fan, he may well have trust issues, Lennon I dont think fits the bill here. If I were them I would take a punt on Callum Davidson, intellectual family, knew his brother well too, decent right back himself. Z list name dropping post this has become

I just cant see Dave and Neil sitting having a cuppa and discussing things. More get drunk and trash the board room before ending up in a fistfight over whos the biggest mysoginist.!

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Fud is the right word, I grew up in the same cooncil multi storey as Dave, may have mentioned before :lol:

Harmless guy, but larger than life and complete misfit for the area, he was a figure of fun as he came home from work each day in his shiny silver suit, his tiepin and his slip ons with white socks. Gotta love the 80s. We would be playing football and Dave would scream for a pass as he came in, loudly. **** off Dave the shout would go back, but Dave has had the last laugh. 

His folks are top people though, salt of the earth, Dave was just different. Be interesting to see who the appointment is, I'm told he is big mates with McLeish, who could act as his intermediary

^^^^ see my last post 😉

Different 🤣🤣🤣 

Just now, Barack said:

See? Now this is where apejelly was going wrong. Wasn't getting his info first hand!

Just repeating daft fishermen's tales off of AFC Chat. 

Knew I could rely on you two, gents.

Gents 😒

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Gents 😒

1 minute ago, Barack said:

The other word would be starred out.🤷‍♂️👍🏻

The most pleasing thing, my Mrs would be as big a McInnes sympathist as there was, she said 8 years and one League Cup, on pens, against Caley.

Golden era didnt deliver much looking back, plenty of European qualifiers, but never the promised land, I'm sure our now regular trips to Hampden despite our League woes have helped contextualise for them, its not that much of an achievement

Curious teams he built.

Very solid and consistent. Including consistent in losing every big game.

Not good enough. 

kingantti1874
24 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious teams he built.

Not good enough. 

But their best manager since Alex Ferguson by an absolute mile. 

so many forget what an absolute irrelevance Aberdeen have been for 30 years pre mcinnes.. sadly we have doing our best to pick up that award

Lord Beni of Gorgie
22 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Curious teams he built.

Not good enough. 

Solid is the word, what makes it even more curious, he loves a winger, but yet they always seem built on stealth rather than flair. McGinn and Hayes were pivotal figures in their early success, but since they moved on and returned, never carried the same threat. He also had a guy who could the ball in the net from Vernon to Rooney to Cosgrove, Cosgroves regression and the advancing years of his creators have resulted in the demise. 

Still, I watched quite a few of their games early in the season, they were a pretty hard watch in truth, most Scottish football is in my view, however Hedges and Watkins had something going for them, now they are missing those as well

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

But their best manager since Alex Ferguson by an absolute mile. 

so many forget what an absolute irrelevance Aberdeen have been for 30 years pre mcinnes.. sadly we have doing our best to pick up that award

I think you have to balance how long you have managers. Sacking every year is not the way to go, McInnes however should have gone to Ibrox when he had the chance.

Concomitant eh.

So far as we go, really dont think another change would be very bright

Edited by Sir Gio

2 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Higher odds

Jim Goodwin
14/1
Jim McIntyre
14/1
Malky Mackay
14/1
Alan Stubbs
16/1
Tommy Wright
16/1
Alex Neil
20/1
Derek Adams
20/1
Martin O'Neill
20/1
Sol Campbell
20/1
Barry Ferguson
22/1
Roy Keane
25/1
Stuart McCall
25/1
Tony Adams
25/1
Eddie Howe
33/1
Tony Mowbray
33/1
Mike Newell
40/1
Calvin Zola
66/1

Just been sent this - apparently Ross Nicholson is a Dons fan whose mates have made up a fake wiki for - and got him to 10/1 at the bookies!

Pretty funny actually.  Certainly shows this market up for what it is.

Stephen Glass got a to be a stick-on you'd think.  Guess it'd come down to whether he wanted to up sticks - you'd think got a pretty decent life where he is.

4 hours ago, Locky said:

Overall, McInnes did do a good job at Aberdeen, but the time was right for him to move on. One of those jobs where after about 3 or 4 seasons, it was going to be very difficult to top what he'd already done. Was in grave risk of overstaying his welcome for a while now, and alas, he has.

Be interesting to see what's next for him. A job in League 1 or 2 down south most likely.

As for Aberdeen, McLeish is the name on the bookies odds list that stands out, although for some weird reason, I could see Paul Heckingbottom getting the job. No idea why.

I agree. He has done a good job given the unrealistic expectations that are a legacy of the Ferguson era. I appreciate that it is the way of things now that managers get slated the moment their team performs poorly or loses, but it must have been very difficult for him dealing with all this in addition to a family bereavement in the last few months.        

Edited by henryheart
spelling

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Just been sent this - apparently Ross Nicholson is a Dons fan whose mates have made up a fake wiki for - and got him to 10/1 at the bookies!

Pretty funny actually.  Certainly shows this market up for what it is.

Stephen Glass got a to be a stick-on you'd think.  Guess it'd come down to whether he wanted to up sticks - you'd think got a pretty decent life where he is.

Daily Mail is reporting that Stephen Glass is going to Aberdeen, but it may be in the director of football role.

• davemclaren changed the title to McInnes leaves Aberdeen - Glass appointed