Anti Social Behaviour

Maroon Sailor

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Not sure but the Navy likes numbers.

No1s dress uniform, no2s second best uniform, no6s tropical uniform, No8s normal working uniform, no9s punishment, extra duties.

👍

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• The Real Maroonblood

• Maroon Sailor

• Sharpie

10 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

This.

How much did the pay the young team to get the buses aff the road. 

10 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Giving females reduced rates and not males would be discrimination.

Imaging the outcry if a company said 50% off to males. Females pay full price. That would be discrimination against females. Not to difficult to understand.

Yeah I understand what the word discrimination means.

Companies provide discounts on services to different groups of people all the time. 

Why would there be any outcry? Given the current situation/debate on the back of Sarah Everard murder, I don’t think anyone would have an issue with women getting offered discounted taxi service for one night when the buses are off. 

10 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Also disrimination against women in a way, equating women and vulnerability. 

It’s not equating to vulnerability. It’s acknowledging a fact that walking the streets alone after dark for women can be an intimidating and dangerous experience. 

Byyy The Light

On the national service thing...can we not come up with something that isn’t military?

More akin to community service, get young people grafting in parks, picking fruit, labouring, repairing roads and pavements etc, cleaning graffiti etc. A mixture of in their own communities and away for extended periods to help break the cycle and get a different perspective with different people.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

On the national service thing...can we not come up with something that isn’t military?

More akin to community service, get young people grafting in parks, picking fruit, labouring, repairing roads and pavements etc, cleaning graffiti etc. A mixture of in their own communities and away for extended periods to help break the cycle and get a different perspective with different people.

You can add tagging them to all of your suggestions.

Byyy The Light
20 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

You can add tagging them to all of your suggestions.

Like it. Can tar and feather them and their parents if they don’t turn up. 

The Real Maroonblood
8 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Like it. Can tar and feather them and their parents if they don’t turn up. 

:lol:

2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

Free slave labour, putting working people out of a job?

That doesn't sound like much of a solution either.

4 minutes ago, Cade said:

Not really, No one is cleaning graffiti and based on the roads no one is filling pot holes.

The Real Maroonblood
16 minutes ago, Cade said:

They need a cuddle. 

John Findlay
2 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

Yeah I understand what the word discrimination means.

Companies provide discounts on services to different groups of people all the time. 

Why would there be any outcry? Given the current situation/debate on the back of Sarah Everard murder, I don’t think anyone would have an issue with women getting offered discounted taxi service for one night when the buses are off. 

It's to do with equality. Women bang on about equal rights all the time and that they are no different to men. So to me just because they are women does not give them the privilege of discounted taxi fares over men. 

Byyy The Light
24 minutes ago, Cade said:

More a work experience/placement type thing. I wouldn’t be against them getting paid either. Might save a few quid in the long run.

I’m sure there are smarter more qualified people than me out there looking at stuff like this. Was just a point for discussion, not a thesis. 

Francis Albert
3 hours ago, TheOak88 said:

It’s not equating to vulnerability. It’s acknowledging a fact that walking the streets alone after dark for women can be an intimidating and dangerous experience. 

As it can be for men, more of whom get attacked and killed than do women. In London there has been an epidemic of knife crime in the last year, the victims very largely young men.

Of course I am not saying the streets should not be made safer for everyone. But there is no way that in places like London or Edinburgh there will not always be streets and areas that can be intimidating and dangerous. And that means people's freedom will be restricted. I for example would never walk across Clapham Common or any other similar place in London at night alone. Or for that matter in company. 

Edited by Francis Albert

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Cade said:

What’s your solution?

Ideally you prevent.

Either from more visible routine policing to deter them from roaming the streets or by better education so the wee shites don't feel the need to put lives in danger with their brick throwing antics.

But when they do play up, you can't treat them with kid gloves as this just makes a mockery of the justice system.

Can't go too easy on them with softly-softly rehabilitation programmes because it's too much like a wee holiday and a reward for bad behaviour.

But having said that, sending them to the pokey in its current form won't help either.

18 year olds go into prison as petty criminals and come out of it as hardened gangsters. It's a finishing school for bawbags these days and needs serious reform.

Policing is based on the threat of force. 

Unless you use it from time to time it loses all meaning.

Force doesn't have to mean physical force, although giving the little toads a few slaps during the arrest won't go amiss as violence is the only language they understand.

Force also means financial: heavy fines, seizure of assets and even evictions should all be part of the punishment.

Goodbye designer trainers, goodbye iphone, goodbye sovvy rings, goodbye house.

Tagging and weekly reporting to the local nick works quite well too.

5 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

As it can be for men, more of whom get attacked and killed than do women. In London there has been an epidemic of knife crime in the last year, the victims very largely young men.

Of course I am not saying the streets should not be made safer for everyone. But there is no way that in places like London or Edinburgh there will not always be streets and areas that can be intimidating and dangerous. And that means people's freedom will be restricted. I for example would never walk across Clapham Common or any other similar place in London at night alone. Or for that matter in company. 

As far back as 1955 I took a girl home who lived in the  Clapham area, I was a big bad guardsman, who was I going to fear, well I found out a gang of screaming men with a desire to do me serious injury, speed is a desirable asset, I used it and got away.

On leave from my sojourn in Egypt again in uniform at the Palais De Danse in Edinburgh. Leaving and went to the counter to get my web belt and hat, saw some guys giving me the look, put on the belt and hat went to the door turned sharply then unseen and took off like a bat out of hell, boyos on the chase, at the Market Bar made a right turn and at the first stair went in the open door, and squeezed in behind the door, the group came in discussed my disappearance  and decided I must have ran up the stairs, they went up, came back down and again made a wrong decision and took off, I gave them time then back to street, and escaped home through the dark Meadows. No cowardice involved, facing superior odds, withdraw and reconsider strategy.  I often wonder just how bad a beating I would have got, and how bad the retaliation would have been if I got a bad one with injuries, Regimental pride would have required immediate and serious revenge. 

I am either very lucky or very unlucky but there are not many experiences written here that I have not personally experienced one way or the other, I really have had an interesting time on this planet.

Edited by Sharpie

The worst of these cretins are well beyond reach of education or deterrents.  They're natural born scumbags with the word bad running through them like a stick of rock.  The product of parents or peer groups of equal scumbaggery.  There's nothing much you can do.

25 minutes ago, Victorian said:

The worst of these cretins are well beyond reach of education or deterrents.  They're natural born scumbags with the word bad running through them like a stick of rock.  The product of parents or peer groups of equal scumbaggery.  There's nothing much you can do.

Gotta try and do something though naw? 

Give in, throw them in jail they come out having learnt what exactly? How to be an even bigger criminal from other criminals? 

vicious circle. I don’t know the answer but it is something that needs solved. 

Anyone think this could be linked to the gang of teenage cyclists running round the City in groups of 30-40 strong?

4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Anyone think this could be linked to the gang of teenage cyclists running round the City in groups of 30-40 strong?

The Tour De Little France?

Services stopped on Crew Road North. I wonder if it’s for the same reason? When I was a teenager there were a few instances of things being dropped on buses there from the rail bridge. Including on one occasion a beer keg. 

8 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Diversion over. Could have been anything I suppose. A broken down vehicle can cause chaos on that road at the top end. 

Was a large group of yoofs. Guessing the police dealt with it quickly.

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Services stopped on Crew Road North. I wonder if it’s for the same reason? When I was a teenager there were a few instances of things being dropped on buses there from the rail bridge. Including on one occasion a beer keg. 

The diversion at the top of Crewe Road North has been in place for a week now. I think they are laying piping for the new house that has been built there, just before what would have been the Ainslie Park secondary dining hall in the old days.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

The diversion at the top of Crewe Road North has been in place for a week now. I think they are laying piping for the new house that has been built there, just before what would have been the Ainslie Park secondary dining hall in the old days.

This wasn’t part of that as it was announced on Twitter a short while ago. 

John Findlay
Just now, Tazio said:

This wasn’t part of that as it was announced on Twitter a short while ago. 

Okay dokay. I dont do Twitter.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Seems the idiots aren’t too bothered if they kill someone. 
https://news.stv.tv/east-central/cyclist-hurt-after-impossible-to-spot-wire-tied-across-path?top

Christ that was the type of thing they done in the last war to kill dispatch riders et al. Decapitation not too difficult at the correct height. That could almost be construed as attempt murder against an unknown victim. How serious is this absolute terrorism going go be allowed to an almost accepted way of life there. I can safely admit if I found the culprit for that type of thing controlling ones natural impulses would not even be considered. 

John Findlay
48 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Christ that was the type of thing they done in the last war to kill dispatch riders et al. Decapitation not too difficult at the correct height. That could almost be construed as attempt murder against an unknown victim. How serious is this absolute terrorism going go be allowed to an almost accepted way of life there. I can safely admit if I found the culprit for that type of thing controlling ones natural impulses would not even be considered. 

Trust me Bob you would be the one that would get gaoled.

39 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Trust me Bob you would be the one that would get gaoled.

Hopefully I would get Life, a nice short sentence.:greggy:

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Hopefully I would get Life, a nice short sentence.:greggy:

🤣. I'm sure HMQ will be sending you a birthday card when you reach the century😉

I P Knightley
On 17/03/2021 at 16:08, AlimOzturk said:

Parents have been stripped of their power to punish kids these days. Lift your hands you’re an abusive parent. Shout at them, you’re  an abusive parent. How do you ground a kid who doesn’t fear the repercussions if he doesn’t listen to you? No wonder kids are running around doing what their doing. When I was younger if did something like that my mum would have kicked me up and down the place. 

No doubt some of those kids come from parents who don’t give a ****. Bet some of them though have good parents who have just run out of ideas. 

hope I have done a good enough job with my son that he shows respect and decency when he gets to his adolescence. Would hate to see him act like these hooligans. 

First thing you've done right is that you care. I know a lot of families where the kids are off the rails or heading there because the parents are not interested enough to focus on their kids. They're selfish; they care about getting their hair done or getting out for golf twice in the weekend, going out for meals and a bevvy; working more hours than necessary so that they have more money than they actually need but they want to drive a car that's under 2 years old and has all the gizmos.

Kids are a distraction and an annoyance so keep them happy by buying them stuff: Playstation; AirMax; Canada Goose... giving in to their every demand because they are just not prepared to challenge the kids. So the kids grow up believing that they can do whatever they like. Some kids will fall into friendship groups where they manage to avoid the seriously mental stuff but others land badly. Without parents showing them the way, they do whatever their mates tell them is fun.

Not helped that the feckless parents will all-of-a-sudden get heavily invested if you or the police or the kids' school decide to take action against the kids. Then they'll do what they think parents should do and get involved in defending their kids.

It's pathetic and I've seen it over and over and over.

9 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

I often think this as I go about the parks, river banks and canal banks around my area. The councils haven't committed the money to keeping our areas in top shape but there's nothing that a few days of effort put in by a chain gang (for want of a better word) wouldn't be able to put right.

11 hours ago, jonesy said:

Wee bit Sharia Law might work?

:peepwall:

Maybe some genital mutilation?  With a fat size 10.

The Real Maroonblood
17 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

First thing you've done right is that you care. I know a lot of families where the kids are off the rails or heading there because the parents are not interested enough to focus on their kids. They're selfish; they care about getting their hair done or getting out for golf twice in the weekend, going out for meals and a bevvy; working more hours than necessary so that they have more money than they actually need but they want to drive a car that's under 2 years old and has all the gizmos.

Kids are a distraction and an annoyance so keep them happy by buying them stuff: Playstation; AirMax; Canada Goose... giving in to their every demand because they are just not prepared to challenge the kids. So the kids grow up believing that they can do whatever they like. Some kids will fall into friendship groups where they manage to avoid the seriously mental stuff but others land badly. Without parents showing them the way, they do whatever their mates tell them is fun.

Not helped that the feckless parents will all-of-a-sudden get heavily invested if you or the police or the kids' school decide to take action against the kids. Then they'll do what they think parents should do and get involved in defending their kids.

I often think this as I go about the parks, river banks and canal banks around my area. The councils haven't committed the money to keeping our areas in top shape but there's nothing that a few days of effort put in by a chain gang (for want of a better word) wouldn't be able to put right.

Good post.

Dagger Is Back
On 18/03/2021 at 07:54, Byyy The Light said:

I agree. There must be a stack of jobs that need done which aren’t being done for a whole host of reasons.

Having done a bit of walking around Edinburgh over lockdown I’d start by getting them doing litter picking.

Certain places are a disgrace.

Dagger Is Back
28 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

👏

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Dagger Is Back said:

I agree. There must be a stack of jobs that need done which aren’t being done for a whole host of reasons.

Having done a bit of walking around Edinburgh over lockdown I’d start by getting them doing litter picking.

Certain places are a disgrace.

👍

Also it’s not taking peoples jobs because nobody is doing it regularly.

Harry Potter
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

i pick up any litter within 50 yds of my house, pretty simple solution.

Byyy The Light
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

👍

Not entirely true. If they get them out in the beautiful countryside picking fruit and staying in digs away from their pals it will take the jobs of the people trafficked from Eastern Europe and affect the profits of the organised crime gangs. 

Dagger Is Back
4 minutes ago, Harry Potter said:

But you’re a model citizen. There’s not as many as you.

What if there are no houses within 50 yards?

The Real Maroonblood
Just now, Harry Potter said:

👍
My wife is more inclined to do that than me.

The children’s pockets were emptied before going into the washing machine.

They were taught to bring their litter home if there was no bins available.

Harry Potter
Just now, Dagger Is Back said:

But you’re a model citizen. There’s not as many as you.

What if there are no houses within 50 yards?

up to the cooncil.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

Not entirely true. If they get them out in the beautiful countryside picking fruit and staying in digs away from their pals it will take the jobs of the people trafficked from Eastern Europe and affect the profits of the organised crime gangs. 

I’m talking about litter.

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I’m talking about litter.

Ah. That's nothing to do with people trafficking. Apologies.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

Ah. That's nothing to do with people trafficking. Apologies.

👍