Anti Social Behaviour

Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor

What's going on with these attacks on buses ?

A bus had it's windscreen smashed the other day in Niddrie (par for the course) now the Clermiston area

" Due to an incident relating to anti-social behaviour, all Service 26s will terminate at Corstorphine Road roundabout from 1900hrs tonight & tomorrow night. 

Please plan accordingly where possible if you must travel at this time - thank you "

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• The Real Maroonblood

• Maroon Sailor

• Sharpie

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Scum will be scum.

On a lighter note, a few weeks ago, I saw a bunch of lads driving about near Marchmont in a wee Fiesta lobbing water balloons at folk, including at a bus drivers' open side window. Not much fun for the driver, but better than slabs being dropped off bridges, I suppose.

There's a bus driver that lives up the road from me and he hates driving through Niddrie at the best of times !

I assume they will pull the No.1 service as well seeing as that also goes up to Clerry

Wee ******s acting like wee ******s.

They've been at it all over the surrounding areas, hitting engine emergency stop buttons, attacking passengers and drivers, smashing windows, settings fires, the whole shebang.

Last time there was a wave of problems on the buses it took groups of undercover cops onboard random buses to put it down.

Set about the wee shites with batons and tasers.

Maroon Sailor
4 minutes ago, Cade said:

They've been at it all over the surrounding areas, hitting engine emergency stop buttons, attacking passengers and drivers, smashing windows, settings fires, the whole shebang.

Last time there was a wave of problems on the buses it took groups of undercover cops onboard random buses to put it down.

WTF is up with these little gits?

Weakened Offender
14 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Round 'em up and make them do litter picking, graffiti cleaning and landscaping. Chain gang style.

They're just yoofs being yoofs. Daft and a bit dangerous but all part of growing up. 

Bit like they students partying throughout the pandemic eh? 😉

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, Weakened Offender said:

They're just yoofs being yoofs. Daft and a bit dangerous but all part of growing up. 

Bit like they students partying throughout the pandemic eh? 😉

:laugh2:

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Come on, WO, don't go turning into even more of a troll by following folk around different threads. If you're that lonely, I suggest you get yourself a blow up doll or something.

Reveal hidden contents

Not for shagging, but to take over your posting for you. It might improve things a bit.

Just highlighting your hypocrisy. 😉

29 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

There's a bus driver that lives up the road from me and he hates driving through Niddrie at the best of times !

I assume they will pull the No.1 service as well seeing as that also goes up to Clerry

I thought Niddrie was all new houses, surprised if it didn't bring a new attitude as it did in the thirties and my time working the beat in Niddrie where everyone was so friendly and honest. At least I think it was memory failing now.  Also concerning to see the problems in Clermiston, I lived in Clerwood Loan and there was just a lane between us and the estate of Clermiston, which had quite a few police houses. I didn't mind working in the rougher schemes but would have hted living in or near them.

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I thought Niddrie was all new houses, surprised if it didn't bring a new attitude as it did in the thirties and my time working the beat in Niddrie where everyone was so friendly and honest. At least I think it was memory failing now.  Also concerning to see the problems in Clermiston, I lived in Clerwood Loan and there was just a lane between us and the estate of Clermiston, which had quite a few police houses. I didn't mind working in the rougher schemes but would have hted living in or near them.

I think Niddrie is still pretty brutal

I'm surprised at Clermiston / Clerwood though. I know someone who works in Clerwood as a support worker and she has never witnessed any anti social behaviour up there 

Been happening on a daily basis for weeks. Pennywell road is an other area where we are getting trouble from large groups. People are feeling unsafe coming in for back shifts. 

The Real Maroonblood
15 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Come on, WO, don't go turning into even more of a troll by following folk around different threads. If you're that lonely, I suggest you get yourself a blow up doll or something.

Reveal hidden contents

Not for shagging, but to take over your posting for you. It might improve things a bit.

You, I can tolerate for your avatar ;) 

👍

Weakened Offender
5 minutes ago, jonesy said:

And derailing a thread. Yer missus no paying you enough attention?

You really are an atrocious wee clipe when your ridiculous hipster-sage act is challenged. 

Back on topic, I hope Lothian Buses is looking out for their drivers. There was a horrific attack on one in Gracemount a few years back. A gang of teenagers dragged him off the bus and leathered him. Nasty. 

Edited by Weakened Offender

1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Any solutions offered by management other than ending some routes early?

Sometimes they just divert the buses but that's all so far.

Weakened Offender
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Have never reported any of your trolling on here. I like reading it when I'm feeling a bit below par. Reminds me that there are some folk even sadder than me :) 

As for being a hipster-sage, I'm taking that and using it. Noice. Don't know what it means, but noice anyway.

You're welcome pal. 👍

3 minutes ago, jonesy said:

TBF, it's difficult when there's no witnesses and/or cameras to identify folk, I guess. You can't go around denying parts of the city their bus service. Hope your routes are safe, bud.

Thanks mate appreciated.

It's a behaviour that never really appears to have ever gone away.

Many many years ago I was asleep downstairs on the Penicuik bus when I was woken by a loud bang at the dual carriageway at Burdiehouse. 

Lassie opposite me just pointed at my window and I saw a large crack in the glass right where I'd been sleeping. Window probably saved me from a serious head injury......AND....it woke me up and I hate that.

1 hour ago, Cade said:

100% this. 

Maroon Sailor
3 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Sometimes they just divert the buses but that's all so far.

The 1, 21, 26 and 200 all avoiding Clermiston and Drum Brae

Wee schemies must be out and about throwing stones

2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

The 1, 21, 26 and 200 all avoiding Clermiston and Drum Brae

Wee schemies must be out and about throwing stones

About £30k spent on replacing windows in the last month.

Maroon Sailor
Just now, Jamie Walker Tash said:

About £30k spent on replacing windows in the last month.

FS 😦

Didn't realise things were that bad

Pointless vandalism not to mention dangerous

3fingersreid

Exactly the same problems for taxis and probably phc’s as well , all in the same places as the buses get targeted , difference being it’s the driver or owner having to pay not a profit making company . 
Feral wee shits

Maroon Sailor

Some folk moaning in the comments about the buses being stopped 

Edited by Maroon Sailor

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, 3fingersreid said:

Exactly the same problems for taxis and probably phc’s as well , all in the same places as the buses get targeted , difference being it’s the driver or owner having to pay not a profit making company . 
Feral wee shits

Is it happening all over the city ?

5 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Some folk moaning in the comments about the buses being stopped 

they should  (if they have not already) tweet pictures of the damage

John Findlay

No different on the trains. Fife circle being particularly bad at the moment.

Its simple. No discipline in the home and when they go back, no discipline at school. The police's hands are tied with human rights shite nowadays.

The wee scores are untouchable and they know it.

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Its simple. No discipline in the home and when they go back, no discipline at school. The police's hands are tied with human rights shite nowadays.

It’s a pity they stopped conscription.

Maroon Sailor
7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

I bet they all get their phones out filming if confronted by someone in authority 

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

It’s a pity they stopped conscription.

Possibly

I think a big part will be covid. The young uns must be utterly bored. Nae excuse for tanning buses though. 

Edited by Norm

John Findlay
Just now, Maroon Sailor said:

I bet they all get their phones out filming if confronted by someone in authority 

In fairness not just the kids/teenagers.

My worst/funniest was a 35 years old female Christmas 2016. Came into Haymarket station( she was heavily under the influence of alcohol) at 00.35 for the 23.55 Bathgate train( which is the last one. When informed she was 40 minutes late for said train she demanded I get her a taxi as she was a female on her own and I had a duty of care towards her. 

After informing her that I wouldnt be getting her a taxi and she would have to get her own way home as she chose to be 40 minutes late.

Out came her phone to film me, forgetting she was calling me all the names under the sun which was also being recorded by her phone.

She demanded the police as she was not being take care off as I had a duty of care to her as she was a female on her own.

BTP arrived and promptly informed her to make her own way home.

She had me allover Twitter and Facebook as they nasty man who didnt care for her.

3fingersreid
1 hour ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Is it happening all over the city ?

It does and has been so for years . Lothian buses have threatened to pull buses out of niddrie on a few occasions , we get warnings about “youths” throwing stones at vehicles every week . Someone will get killed because of it . 
Ive been hit two or three times , cost can be expensive 😡

3fingersreid
10 minutes ago, Norm said:

I think a big part will be covid. The young uns must be utterly bored. Nae excuse for tanning buses though. 

Happening well before covid , there’s no excuse for doing it to any vehicle 

Weakened Offender
18 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

They should have shit thrown at them and see how they like it

They're 12 and 13. 

3fingersreid
6 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

They're 12 and 13. 

Make their parents take responsibility for their wee angels buy paying for the damage ? 

Weakened Offender
Just now, 3fingersreid said:

Make their parents take responsibility for their wee angels buy paying for the damage ? 

That's more like it. 

Clerry Jambo

Been quite a bit happening in clerry past week or so not just buses. Police vans and cars been going round all day and this afternoon stopped hooded bikers on drumbrae drive 

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Been quite a bit happening in clerry past week or so not just buses. Police vans and cars been going round all day and this afternoon stopped hooded bikers on drumbrae drive 

What's been happening up there ?

6 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Seems like the police may be finally reacting. If they would get off the computers assessing data on the damage being done and by whom, and instead get off their comfortable arse and get out on the street where they belong a few teens and younger taken to their home and advised that legal process will be started with juvenile charges, and for those too young bills will be prepared for parents to pay the cost of damages. Police policy seems to have become more public relations than people and property protection. Too many office jobs, too many riding in cars and vans, and too many police and others telling them what and how it should be done.  That is not how the first concepts of policing worked, it was putting literally watchmen on the streets, and thats the key on the streets where good police work is done. Here endeth the first, 100,00th lesson.

On 06/03/2021 at 15:05, jonesy said:

Round 'em up and make them do litter picking, graffiti cleaning and landscaping. Chain gang style.

You want to break their spirits? Surely we'd all be doomed if they weren't rebelling against the status quo at their age. :interehjrling:

Edit: Crap hadn't kept reading, I see you already had an “interesting” exchange on this point, sorry didn't mean to pile on. :lol:

Edited by Justin Z

Doctor FinnBarr
23 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Please don't call them bikers mate. Its neds who have either stole a bike or bought a cheap dirt bike. Bikers tend to wear helmets and proper protective gear.

Clerry Jambo
12 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Please don't call them bikers mate. Its neds who have either stole a bike or bought a cheap dirt bike. Bikers tend to wear helmets and proper protective gear.

Point taken. There’s the usual anti social behaviour where you can get anywhere but incidents up corstorphine hill and areas with groups of kids drinking etc, starting fires and just being arseholes