• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• The Real Maroonblood

• Maroon Sailor

• Sharpie

Byyy The Light
43 minutes ago, Shanks said:

The wee tramps are running riot in the city at night just now.  It is 100% the parents fault, they don’t give a shit what their feral rats are doing and are just happy they are out the house.  

Sad it’s ended up like this but it has to happen, someone is going to end up getting killed. 

Their parents are probably sitting in their doss houses out their minds on some kind of substance.

I frequently flip flop between giving the wee pricks a good kick in as it’s the only language they understand and feeling sorry for them as most of them are born in to horrendous circumstances I wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Something needs done. I have no clue what it is but we can’t let the minority have this influence over essential services like transport that so many rely on.

Buses management are stuck between a rock and a hard place. They have as big a duty of care to their employees and passengers as they do to make sure the rest of society can go about their business.

If one of those rocks was to seriously injure a driver or passenger there would be an outcry that they didn’t do anything. Shite situation all round. 

Byyy The Light
39 minutes ago, The Maroon Pound said:

LRT should bill the guilty/guardians ÷18 for damages and lost income and expenses 

The parents will be junkies, on benefits and will have no means to pay. Completely pointless. 

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Going out on a limb but I doubt the arseholes chucking stuff at buses find them a necessary requirement for getting to and from work.

This punishes the wrong people but I agree that something needs to be done. The wee pricks will see this as a badge of honour.

I suspect the thinking behind this is that a community that is really pissed off and suddenly forced into making alternative travel arrangements is more likely to name and shame the little shits responsible. They must be well known in their local areas for causing trouble but nobody wants to get involved. That may change quickly if folk can't get to work.

Wee arseholes deserve every punishment coming their way. Hope the law clamps down on them heavily. 

Parents have been stripped of their power to punish kids these days. Lift your hands you’re an abusive parent. Shout at them, you’re  an abusive parent. How do you ground a kid who doesn’t fear the repercussions if he doesn’t listen to you? No wonder kids are running around doing what their doing. When I was younger if did something like that my mum would have kicked me up and down the place. 

No doubt some of those kids come from parents who don’t give a ****. Bet some of them though have good parents who have just run out of ideas. 

hope I have done a good enough job with my son that he shows respect and decency when he gets to his adolescence. Would hate to see him act like these hooligans. 

Edited by AlimOzturk

8 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

I suspect the thinking behind this is that a community that is really pissed off and suddenly forced into making alternative travel arrangements is more likely to name and shame the little shits responsible. They must be well known in their local areas for causing trouble but nobody wants to get involved. That may change quickly if folk can't get to work.

That exactly what the police should be concerned about, inaction causes good people to do wrong things like taking the law into their own hands. I would be curious in this day and age what is the percentage of police management Inspector and above who are in their position because of educational qualifications, and what is the sum total of their actual street experience.

Just now, Sharpie said:

That exactly what the police should be concerned about, inaction causes good people to do wrong things like taking the law into their own hands. I would be curious in this day and age what is the percentage of police management Inspector and above who are in their position because of educational qualifications, and what is the sum total of their actual street experience.

Them getting a good kicking is a pretty good outcome too tbh.

The Real Maroonblood
3 hours ago, John Findlay said:

18 slapped wrists and every excuse in the book brought out by the so called child behavioural experts as to why they are doing it.

Just birch the little *******s

This.

Prince Buaben
33 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

22 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Wee arseholes deserve every punishment coming their way. Hope the law clamps down on them heavily. 

Parents have been stripped of their power to punish kids these days. Lift your hands you’re an abusive parent. Shout at them, you’re  an abusive parent. How do you ground a kid who doesn’t fear the repercussions if he doesn’t listen to you? No wonder kids are running around doing what their doing. When I was younger if did something like that my mum would have kicked me up and down the place. 

No doubt some of those kids come from parents who don’t give a ****. Bet some of them though have good parents who have just run out of ideas. 

hope I have done a good enough job with my son that he shows respect and decency when he gets to his adolescence. Would hate to see him act like these hooligans. 

Agree with both posts.

Also I'd imagine Lothian have to put staff safety first. The boy is driving a heavy veichle with passangers and takes a rock to the body. Also if they do nothing and it continues how long till backshift drivers go **** that.

Also believe a lot of of the teenagers parents don't care or just want them out the house. There will be some that do and this who it is aimed at.

7 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Them getting a good kicking is a pretty good outcome too tbh.

I have referred to in other posts a makeshift unit that was created to cease activities of a gang called the Jacobites. They started in a showground in Niddrie Mains Road, jostling threatening and just being a nuisance. Their considered success saw an escalation in numbers and their activities more serious. I personally took the report of a young man in a wheelchair being seriously assaulted by some members of the gang. They were arrested shortly after and incarcerated at Braid Place. Police were concerned for their well being and visited them in their cell to see they were being properly taken care of. As a result of their unlawful actions a small group of experienced officers were detailed into a team under a sergeant to deescalate the gangs activities. We did with success, by a series of actions that possibly could have been classed as harrassment, but they were too stupid to complain. They were accused of loitering, and when they moved to a bus stop to beat this tactic two policemen joined them and ensured that getting on the bus cost them a fare and when they got off we did also. It all came to an end when they were at a pub in an old house on either Old Dalkeith Road or Gilmerton Road I forget now, and caused a major disturbance. The leaders particularly were arrested, and convicted of various crimes. A total success. We never broke the law or regulations to enforce our will we just took it to the limits of correctness at times, as the saying goes when the going gets tough the tough get going.

willie wallace
2 hours ago, Francis Albert said:

Pretty shocked that Clermiston was one of the places that triggered Lothian Buses reaction. I grew up there and can honestly say I never encountered any trouble in the streets or anywhere else and neither did my yoiunger sisters. "YCT" graffiti was the only evidence I saw of gang activity. It was generally considered the nicest of the "schemes". The terms "anti-social behaviour" is obviously wrong - the term is criminal behaviour or criminal violence. But tolerate anti-social behaviour and it will tend to escalate to more serious things. 

Sorry FA.Clerry was not bad but Drylaw was definitely No.1 in the nicest schemes table.👍

14 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

I have referred to in other posts a makeshift unit that was created to cease activities of a gang called the Jacobites. They started in a showground in Niddrie Mains Road, jostling threatening and just being a nuisance. Their considered success saw an escalation in numbers and their activities more serious. I personally took the report of a young man in a wheelchair being seriously assaulted by some members of the gang. They were arrested shortly after and incarcerated at Braid Place. Police were concerned for their well being and visited them in their cell to see they were being properly taken care of. As a result of their unlawful actions a small group of experienced officers were detailed into a team under a sergeant to deescalate the gangs activities. We did with success, by a series of actions that possibly could have been classed as harrassment, but they were too stupid to complain. They were accused of loitering, and when they moved to a bus stop to beat this tactic two policemen joined them and ensured that getting on the bus cost them a fare and when they got off we did also. It all came to an end when they were at a pub in an old house on either Old Dalkeith Road or Gilmerton Road I forget now, and caused a major disturbance. The leaders particularly were arrested, and convicted of various crimes. A total success. We never broke the law or regulations to enforce our will we just took it to the limits of correctness at times, as the saying goes when the going gets tough the tough get going.

:2thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Looking forward to my 3 hour shift tonight 😂. On a serious note, hopefully people who would usually need the bus get their travel sorted, but this neededto be done to send a message that this behaviour won't be tolerated.

Lothian buses have very little option to suspend the service tonight, there is no doubt this will be an inconvenience to lots of people in Edinburgh and beyond  it would be a nice touch if the taxi companies could discount the prices tonight for the vulnerable and female passengers to get home safely 

Edited by Hairdryer
Amendment

John Findlay
16 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Lothian buses have very little option to suspend the service tonight, there is no doubt this will be an inconvenience to lots of people in Edinburgh and beyond  it would be a nice touch if the taxi companies could discount the prices tonight for the vulnerable and female passengers to get home safely 

Vulnerable yes, female no. That would be discrimination against males.

3fingersreid
2 hours ago, Byyy The Light said:

The parents will be junkies, on benefits and will have no means to pay. Completely pointless. 

On benefits , deduct money from that at point of source 

19 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Buses off the road , the next targets( which they already are and will now increase in being so ) TAXIS

we already know LuckyBatistuta has been hit this week , he most certainly won’t be the last ☹️

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Sharpie said:

Bob, you would weep if you saw how the streets of Edinburgh are policed nowadays. You would weep when you saw some of the police officers,nowadays too.

Салатные палочки

I remember boys in my year that were involved in some serious stuffat a young age - car theft, housebreaking, robbery etc. They used to laugh because they would get taken out of school during class time and go to McDonalds to have a nice wee chat with their social worker or go fishing, the transport museum, stuff like that. I don't imagine much has change and there's no deterrent for wee ******s at that age. 

People can say they've had a tough upbringing or whatever but I bet none of them are running about with the arse hanging out their trousers. It will be North Face jackets, expensive trackies and Air Max. 

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, Hairdryer said:

Capital Cars are offering a 40% discount  on journeys at a set fare..

51 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Bob, you would weep if you saw how the streets of Edinburgh are policed nowadays. You would weep when you saw some of the police officers,nowadays too.

Not really John I left in 1967 and I could see the demise of the job as I knew it. I mentioned before the first step was the advanced promotion system when applicants could sit the exam with no service requirement and if passing could be promoted. I have also related my tale of the sergeant asking me what we should do at a Niddrie house row, the one we were going to was his first ever. The removal of the old beats system, never had to do it because I was oot, I had no intention at 220lbs,6' 1" tall sitting in a wee Panda car. If I thought some of the new bosses could find hisI would have told him to stick their Pandas up their  arse. That was all over fifty years ago, what I read on here now with this thread a total loss of police credibility. I bet there is more time spent on computers studying data, and coming up with fancy names to describe their "strategy".  No doubt Counsel, reason, advice and compassion are paramount in their fancy strategies, remember they are children and tomorrows adults, nothing can be gained by harsh treatment. Aye right is that what the professor taught you at College, my teaches were men who had worked beats for eons, knew the people knew the hooks crooks and comic singers, knew where to get their cheap groceries, and their wee dram at the local pub, which came with a side pride of information on who, what where and when. Speak to any of the bad boys of those days, they will tell you, Aye I would rather the polis gave me a skelp on the ear, than waste my time sending me to Court. I know the ramblings of an old man, and it is a changed society, but somewhere in there is a compromise, for the benefit of the ordinary working good living public.

Edited by Sharpie

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Not really John I left in 1967 and I could see the demise of the job as I knew it. I mentioned before the first step was the advanced promotion system when applicants could sit the exam with no service requirement and if passing could be promoted. I have also related my tale of the sergeant asking me what we should do at a Niddrie house row, the one we were going to was his first ever. The removal of the old beats system, never had to do it because I was oot, I had no intention at 220lbs,6' 1" tall sitting in a wee Panda car. If I thought some of the new bosses could find one I would have told them to stick their Pandas up their  arse. That was all over fifty years ago, what I read on here now with this thread a total loss of police credibility. I bet there is more time spent on computers studying data, and coming up with fancy names to describe their "strategy".  No doubt Counsel, reason, advice and compassion are paramount in their fancy strategies, remember they are children and tomorrows adults, nothing can be gained by harsh treatment. Aye right is that what the professor taught you at College, my teaches were men who had worked beats for eons, knew the people knew the hooks crooks and comic singers, knew where to get their cheap groceries, and their wee dram at the local pub, which came with a side pride of information on who, what where and when. Speak to any of the bad boys of those days, they will tell you, Aye I would rather the polis gave me a skelp on the ear, than waste my time sending me to Court. I know the ramblings of an old man, and it is a changed society, but somewhere in there is a compromise, for the benefit of the ordinary working good living public.

You made a wise move Bob.

13 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You made a wise move Bob.

Never regretted it John, both personally, and career, my boss hired me for two reasons, my particular area of military service, and the fact I was a British policeman whom he a Mountie had the highest respect for both. good call for him as after he was long gone retired I took over his job from  his successor.

Edited by Sharpie

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Never regretted it John, both personally, and career, my boss hired me for two reasons, my particular area of military service, and the fact I was a British policeman whom he a Mountie had the highest respect for both. good call for him as after he was long gone retired I took over his job from  his successor.

👍

Robbo-Jambo
On 16/03/2021 at 09:10, John Findlay said:

Just before Christmas 2018. I was assaulted at work, ironically by a female. She was causing grieve on a train going to North Berwick. She came off the train with two Hitachi fitters( the new 385s were just being introduced into service). As she was calm with them and walking safely in the middle of the platform I proceeded to dispatch the train. As the train started to move off she started screaming and yelling and swearing at the two fitters. I approached them to try and assist and she kicked me in the stomach, she the tried to move round me but on the side nearest to the track and the moving train. She was just about to fall off the platform and against the moving train, which could have resulted in her death, or at best serious injury to herself. I pulled her back from the edge, and promptly punched in the face. I managed to get her to sit on a seat but, then she decided to bite my left arm.

All this was captured on CCTV, and the BTP duly charged her. I and the others gave our statements. It went to the PF, the PF dropped the charges as said female had a social worker, would claim mental health issues.

I was raging. This is what you are up against.

To me this female has Carte blanche to assault whoever she likes.

To me it's wrong.

****** disgusting behaviour. 

Scum of the earth these people. 

Byyy The Light
1 hour ago, 3fingersreid said:

On benefits , deduct money from that at point of source 

Buses off the road , the next targets( which they already are and will now increase in being so ) TAXIS

we already know LuckyBatistuta has been hit this week , he most certainly won’t be the last ☹️

Would love it but would never happen. They’d be screaming human rights breaches

56 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Capital Cars are offering a 40% discount  on journeys at a set fare..

Good on them and also a very generous discount at such a difficult time for the taxi trade

3fingersreid
Just now, Byyy The Light said:

Would love it but would never happen. They’d be screaming human rights breaches

Sadly you’re correct ,

if it didn’t cost the tax payer money to replace the damaged windows perhaps putting a few bricks through their house windows would level the score a bit , with a long delay in fixing them . 

The Real Maroonblood
3 minutes ago, Hairdryer said:

Good on them and also a very generous discount at such a difficult time for the taxi trade

This.

Francis Albert
2 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Sorry FA.Clerry was not bad but Drylaw was definitely No.1 in the nicest schemes table.👍

Pretty similar. Built on a human scale before the multi-storey and high density of the sixties and later. Drylaw a bit too far towards Leith though.🙂

Francis Albert

The increasing distance beween the police and local accountability is a huge problem. The council can focus on cycle lanes and turning George Street into some sort of urban park and contextualising statues while its citizens can't get on a bus. 

Edited by Francis Albert

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Vulnerable yes, female no. That would be discrimination against males.

:cornette:

John Findlay
22 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Giving females reduced rates and not males would be discrimination.

Imaging the outcry if a company said 50% off to males. Females pay full price. That would be discrimination against females. Not to difficult to understand.

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, indianajones said:

National service. 

Country would benefit massively from it. 

Alas the forces dont want it. As it would dilute their professionalism.

Just now, indianajones said:

National service. 

Not sure if giving these wee bams military training is going to help.

Not as if there weren't violent mobsters all over the shop when we had national service.

People have a strange, rose tinted view of history sometimes.

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Giving females reduced rates and not males would be discrimination.

Imaging the outcry if a company said 50% off to males. Females pay full price. That would be discrimination against females. Not to difficult to understand.

Fair point i have to agree maybe have a discount for everyone then

John Findlay
Just now, Hairdryer said:

Fair point i have to agree maybe have a discount for everyone then

👍👍👍👍. Which is the correct way to do it.

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Alas the forces dont want it. As it would dilute their professionalism.

Just make them do jankers permanently during their conscription.😃

John Findlay
17 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Just make them do jankers permanently during their conscription.😃

Known as no9s in the Navy.

Francis Albert
57 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Also disrimination against women in a way, equating women and vulnerability. 

The problem is the lack of any consequences for these neds. They laugh at the cops and social services and don't fear incarceration. A lot more stick is needed. 

The Real Maroonblood
21 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Known as no9s in the Navy.

Why is it called No9s?

Is it just a regulation number?

These sewer rats, and the ones who ride motorbikes up and down pavements, should be strung up.

Pasquale for King
51 minutes ago, Cade said:

Not sure if giving these wee bams military training is going to help.

Not as if there weren't violent mobsters all over the shop when we had national service.

People have a strange, rose tinted view of history sometimes.

Have to agree, the only person I know went into the Paras and was being lined up for the SAS but after dodging the law a few times his luck ran out. Has carried on his anti social behaviour ever since. Always like me thankfully.

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Why is it called No9s?

Is it just a regulation number?

Not sure but the Navy likes numbers.

No1s dress uniform, no2s second best uniform, no6s tropical uniform, No8s normal working uniform, no9s punishment, extra duties.

Pasquale for King

Shocking to hear about the bus drivers and vehicles being targeted, I was no angel and did many bad things when I was young but throwing rocks at buses is just crazy. Good to hear 18 were arrested but its doubtful if will stop them. The south side of the city seems to be having more and more problems, was a Covid hotspot also. 

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Didn't the Krays do National Service?🤔

Yes, they did.

Sorted them right out it did.

Came out of it as shining examples of modern youth.

Never said boo to a goose after that.

:kirklol:

1 hour ago, indianajones said:

National service. 

Thats the last answer.

My old man was a soldier. 15 years in the Seaforth Highlanders. He was totally against National Service. He’d seen too many young men have an awful time during it as they just weren’t the sort to survive the environment. He also had the slightly more selfish thing that he spent a lot of his time in armed conflicts as part of his time and he always said he didn’t want to be depending on someone who didn’t want to be there and didn’t have the aggressive mindset of a natural soldier.