Anti Social Behaviour

Maroon Sailor

14 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

What at 10-12 yrs old?

12-13, I'd say. 1st year of high school for garden skiving anyway. 

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• The Real Maroonblood

• Maroon Sailor

• Sharpie

Maroon Sailor

Fair play to the bus driver doing that video 

Bad enough throwing bricks at a bus but to throw at the drivers side of the windscreen is way out of order

John Findlay
2 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Fair play to the bus driver doing that video 

Bad enough throwing bricks at a bus but to throw at the drivers side of the windscreen is way out of order

The perpetrators just dont care.

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The perpetrators just dont care.

They would have to have a brain to care

They get away with this dangerous action at thirteen, thinking of another current thread what will be their views and understanding of responsibility when they start dealing with girls and women.  

John Findlay
26 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

They get away with this dangerous action at thirteen, thinking of another current thread what will be their views and understanding of responsibility when they start dealing with girls and women.  

Sharpie, one of the big factors for me. Is a lack of a good male role model. Far to many feckless fathers.

SectionDJambo

So whilst we are debating the terrible situation of women not being able to, confidently, walk the streets at night, these wee morons are preventing buses from running, thereby removing a safe way home for many, including women.

Whatever it takes, the authorities need to get this sorted, and give out the maximum punishment allowed. Or are they waiting until somebody is killed or suffers a life changing injury?

I seem to recall similar issue 10 or so years ago that was sorted out by a team of undercover drivers at a terminus  giving the neds a hammering. Clovenstone I think. From memory everyone got the sack. Booooo

if they can identify any of those responsible they should stop their parents benefits or if their parents have a job take money from their wages to cover the damage at a rate of x2 the cost of the damage

skinnybob72

If you lob a brick at a bus you should be done with attempted murder regardless of age - make an example of someone. 

Adam Murray

Apparently 8 buses attacked last night.

This one on the Old Dalkeith Road, the brick was thrown with so much force, it left a large indentation in the opposite side, where a buggy would normally be.

FB_IMG_1615880028665.jpg

42 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

This one on the Old Dalkeith Road, the brick was thrown with so much force, it left a large indentation in the opposite side, where a buggy would normally be.

FB_IMG_1615880028665.jpg

These little shits need some police brutality and a spell in juvie. 

luckyBatistuta
55 minutes ago, Adam Murray said:

FB_IMG_1615880028665.jpg

The same little ##### put a dent in the side of my taxi last night and smashed the light cluster too. That could have killed someone, kids are getting out of control. Also getting fed up with folk defending them, coming out with shit like ‘they’re bored‘ or ‘you were a kid once’ Bored, do me a favour, a generation that’s had more than any other. Never done stuff like this when I was kid, had some respect.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Getting out of hand, that's not kids who are bored anymore. Throwing bricks that size only has one intention and that is to cause severe damage. Up until now it genuinely hasn't fazed me, probably as my buses have got lucky and avoided it. But on back shift this week and I really could see it far enough.

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Getting out of hand, that's not kids who are bored anymore. Throwing bricks that size only has one intention and that is to cause severe damage. Up until now it genuinely hasn't fazed me, probably as my buses have got lucky and avoided it. But on back shift this week and I really could see it far enough.

I was hoping things would calm down but obviously not.

There’s not enough adjectives to describe these scumbags.

Stay safe.

The Real Maroonblood
14 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

The same little ##### put a dent in the side of my taxi last night and smashed the light cluster too. That could have killed someone, kids are getting out of control. Also getting fed up with folk defending them, coming out with shit like ‘they’re bored‘ or ‘you were a kid once’ Bored, do me a favour, a generation that’s had more than any other. Never done stuff like this when I was kid, had some respect.

That’s bloody awful.

It’s hard enough financially for you guys just now.

Stay safe.

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That’s bloody awful.

It’s hard enough financially for you guys just now.

Stay safe.

Cheers pal. It’s  a real sickener, as I’ve got a £500 excess😞 

John Findlay
23 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I know you are not meant too. If I see a little torag doing that and I catch them, then they are getting a clip round the ear. I will take the charges of assault.

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

I know you are not meant too. If I see a little torag doing that and I catch them, then they are getting a clip round the ear. I will take the charges of assault.

I can’t blame people getting to that stage because that’s the only language these scumbags understand.

John Findlay
On 12/03/2021 at 21:17, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Buses pulled out of the Moredun area for the rest of the night. These cops on buses aren't going to stop them.

These neds see it as a challenge.

Need their arses kicked good and proper. It really is the only language they understand.

3 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

the problem is as someone posted on another thread is, it is likely there is a gang of them waiting close by to attack anyone who stands up to them

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

That’s was the thought process of the black cab driver who was hit at west pilton in December. He got out to them and they all attacked him, gave him a right going over. Whilst he was being kicked and punched, one of them drove off with his taxi, it’s still not been recovered to this day.

John Findlay
1 minute ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

I can’t blame people getting to that stage because that’s the only language these scumbags understand.

Just before Christmas 2018. I was assaulted at work, ironically by a female. She was causing grieve on a train going to North Berwick. She came off the train with two Hitachi fitters( the new 385s were just being introduced into service). As she was calm with them and walking safely in the middle of the platform I proceeded to dispatch the train. As the train started to move off she started screaming and yelling and swearing at the two fitters. I approached them to try and assist and she kicked me in the stomach, she the tried to move round me but on the side nearest to the track and the moving train. She was just about to fall off the platform and against the moving train, which could have resulted in her death, or at best serious injury to herself. I pulled her back from the edge, and promptly punched in the face. I managed to get her to sit on a seat but, then she decided to bite my left arm.

All this was captured on CCTV, and the BTP duly charged her. I and the others gave our statements. It went to the PF, the PF dropped the charges as said female had a social worker, would claim mental health issues.

I was raging. This is what you are up against.

To me this female has Carte blanche to assault whoever she likes.

To me it's wrong.

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

That’s was the thought process of the black cab driver who was hit at west pilton in December. He got out to them and they all attacked him, gave him a right going over. Whilst he was being kicked and punched, one of them drove off with his taxi, it’s still not been recovered to this day.

Aye terrible. As one who used to live in West Pilton March up until just over 3 years ago, you have to be sneaky and get the *******s one at a time. Trust me they are not so hard on their own.

The Real Maroonblood
5 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Just before Christmas 2018. I was assaulted at work, ironically by a female. She was causing grieve on a train going to North Berwick. She came off the train with two Hitachi fitters( the new 385s were just being introduced into service). As she was calm with them and walking safely in the middle of the platform I proceeded to dispatch the train. As the train started to move off she started screaming and yelling and swearing at the two fitters. I approached them to try and assist and she kicked me in the stomach, she the tried to move round me but on the side nearest to the track and the moving train. She was just about to fall off the platform and against the moving train, which could have resulted in her death, or at best serious injury to herself. I pulled her back from the edge, and promptly punched in the face. I managed to get her to sit on a seat but, then she decided to bite my left arm.

All this was captured on CCTV, and the BTP duly charged her. I and the others gave our statements. It went to the PF, the PF dropped the charges as said female had a social worker, would claim mental health issues.

To me it's wrong.

That’s shite what happened.

No wonder people lose their faith in the legal system.

A classic case of the law being an ass.

luckyBatistuta
35 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

To me it's wrong.

That’s shocking John, as you say, it’s like she has a free pass to go around assaulting whoever she feels like. Glad you kept your cool though. Even trying to restrain her can open you up to all kinds of assault claims. 

luckyBatistuta
38 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Aye terrible. As one who used to live in West Pilton March up until just over 3 years ago, you have to be sneaky and get the *******s one at a time. Trust me they are not so hard on their own.

I did once years back get all kitted out in my darkest clothing and head out one night with a neighbour, who was also sick of it, to teach them a lesson. We wandered around the whole neighbourhood looking for them, but thankfully we didn’t find them, as we probably would have got ourselves in a bit of trouble with the law. It just sometimes gets to the point that you just can’t take anymore. It seems like a good hiding might be the only thing that will actually get through to them.

John Findlay
4 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

That’s shocking John, as you say, it’s like she has a free pass to go around assaulting whoever she feels like. Glad you kept your cool though. Even trying to restrain her can open you up to all kinds of assault claims. 

It can. That's the catch 22. If I hadn't stopped her falling off the platform, i would have been hauled over the coals for not preventing an accident.

Yes there were undertones that the PF if were considering charging me with assault for pulling her back.

As i said to my boss, next time they go over the edge and everyone can pick up the pieces. 

luckyBatistuta
2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

It can. That's the catch 22. If I hadn't stopped her falling off the platform, i would have been hauled over the coals for not preventing an accident.

Yes there were undertones that the PF if were considering charging me with assault for pulling her back.

As i said to my boss, next time they go over the edge and everyone can pick up the pieces. 

Utter madness

Looking at the damage to that bus I find it hard to believe that damage was caused by a thirteen year old that required in my feeling a stronger arm. I have never been an outspoken critic of the police until now, I don't blame the policeman at the constable an even sergeant level I place all responsibility on the senior ranks. The little bit I saw that suggested our people will be out tonight is to say the least bullcrap.  

As the elderly do I go back to my day, and would suggest a system based on one in which I was a participant. The situation here is a bit different, but so is police equipment, vehicles and such. I would be looking at forming a special detail, shouldn't be too hard to figure how many personnel are required, there duties would be strictly enforcing the law, and I repeat the law, and the police their duty to enforce and respect it themselves, but to do so in a definite, precise and immediate manner. The perception I have is that the youth involved have lost all respect for the police, and have embarked on a pattern they see on television although reacting differently in a manner to the demonstrators activists and thugs they see at the moment, particularly in the United States. If the police now have or still have school liason officers they should be in the schools emphasising the wrongness and the danger the actions are causing, with again emphasis how damaging a criminal record which is what could be gleaned if ever legal action was imposed. I realise juvenile records get closed but background checks often divulge them either from the applicant or one of those providing a reference.  

As an outsider looking in I can accept criticism of my lack of knowledge of present day policing and rules governing the young, but I also am aware that wherever you are policing if you allow the young to flaunt the law they in fact will use to facilitate their mayhem you are opening yourselves and the community to problems of control in the future.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, Cade said:

18 wee pricks have been charged with various offences.

Shame they weren't charged by mounted riot police in the process.

Birch the scumbags.

Just heard about the services getting pulled on the radio. Is it East Coast buses and all that too, or just Lothian?

Shame for people who might be stuck after work or whatever, but good on the company for taking drastic actions to protect staff.

3 hours ago, Cade said:

18 wee pricks have been charged with various offences.

Shame they weren't charged by mounted riot police in the process.

No doubt it'll be vandalism or criminal damage which later in life will be written off as being a young and daft when in fact the offences should consider that as the bus is moving then it should be closer to attempted GBH as a minimum due to the potential risk it poses to drivers and passengers

John Findlay

18 slapped wrists and every excuse in the book brought out by the so called child behavioural experts as to why they are doing it.

Just birch the little *******s

Looking forward to my 3 hour shift tonight 😂. On a serious note, hopefully people who would usually need the bus get their travel sorted, but this neededto be done to send a message that this behaviour won't be tolerated.

Ron Burgundy
16 minutes ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Looking forward to my 3 hour shift tonight 😂. On a serious note, hopefully people who would usually need the bus get their travel sorted, but this neededto be done to send a message that this behaviour won't be tolerated.

Going out on a limb but I doubt the arseholes chucking stuff at buses find them a necessary requirement for getting to and from work.

This punishes the wrong people but I agree that something needs to be done. The wee pricks will see this as a badge of honour.

14 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Going out on a limb but I doubt the arseholes chucking stuff at buses find them a necessary requirement for getting to and from work.

This punishes the wrong people but I agree that something needs to be done. The wee pricks will see this as a badge of honour.

Yeah you are right. It's a difficult situation for the management team.

20 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I had just had that thought and was going to comment that the innocent were being punished for the crime.  It's quite a life lesson for the participant in the anti social behaviour, if you are bored go out and have fun doing damage, if you are unhappy with a government decision, go out do damage, riot, that'll teach 'em. How about police cars and ambulances that will really cause some major upset, we have our problems with youth, primarily drug related, but this decision to deprive the public of services is criminal.  Thinking of another thread right on this forum, what if two females who work late on minimum wage and have to walk home because cannot afford a taxi, are raped, murdered, and abused, who is to blame. I would suggest, the teens, the police for not clamping down, the bus companies who have denied their services, and in a way the people who live in the affected area and allowing these officials who fail to take the serious drastic actions to stop it are all complicit.

Sometimes in life those responsible have to lower their ethics and fight fire with fire, treat the offenders with the rules they have set, and put a hold on normal procedures. We did in the long ago past and it worked.

Edited by Sharpie

Francis Albert

Pretty shocked that Clermiston was one of the places that triggered Lothian Buses reaction. I grew up there and can honestly say I never encountered any trouble in the streets or anywhere else and neither did my yoiunger sisters. "YCT" graffiti was the only evidence I saw of gang activity. It was generally considered the nicest of the "schemes". The terms "anti-social behaviour" is obviously wrong - the term is criminal behaviour or criminal violence. But tolerate anti-social behaviour and it will tend to escalate to more serious things. 

The wee tramps are running riot in the city at night just now.  It is 100% the parents fault, they don’t give a shit what their feral rats are doing and are just happy they are out the house.  

Sad it’s ended up like this but it has to happen, someone is going to end up getting killed.