Anti Social Behaviour

Maroon Sailor

Tommy Brown
27 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

Seems like the police may be finally reacting. If they would get off the computers assessing data on the damage being done and by whom, and instead get off their comfortable arse and get out on the street where they belong a few teens and younger taken to their home and advised that legal process will be started with juvenile charges, and for those too young bills will be prepared for parents to pay the cost of damages. Police policy seems to have become more public relations than people and property protection. Too many office jobs, too many riding in cars and vans, and too many police and others telling them what and how it should be done.  That is not how the first concepts of policing worked, it was putting literally watchmen on the streets, and thats the key on the streets where good police work is done. Here endeth the first, 100,00th lesson.

Great Post Bob.

Is that Canadian police on on about?

Its a lot worse back home in Blighty :lol:

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John Findlay

• The Real Maroonblood

• Maroon Sailor

• Sharpie

Doctor FinnBarr
40 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Point taken. There’s the usual anti social behaviour where you can get anywhere but incidents up corstorphine hill and areas with groups of kids drinking etc, starting fires and just being arseholes

You should try being here in Blackburn where WL council have had to remove most the bottle banks they dotted about after the wee arses kept torching them. The big problem now is it just isn't neds nor the ned children of neds, we now have grandparent neds.

20 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Great Post Bob.

Is that Canadian police on on about?

Its a lot worse back home in Blighty :lol:

No I was talking about the Edinburgh area police, the police here when I arrived fifty odd years ago were all in cars. Now they have beat police in the higher crime areas. When I first started on the Edinburgh Police it was all beats. I n 1956 there was a new police system that was called the Aberdeen System of Team Policing. The Edinburgh police adopted it in the new housing areas such as Liberton, Gilmerton Craigmillar. A van was posted in A Division at Craigmillar and one at Mayfield. We all paraded at Craigmillar and the philosophy was that the eight of us would get in the van and  one would be dropped of say at Wauchope Avenue to walk through he scheme for an hour and the others would be dropped likewise throughout the Section, it didn't last long with us, not knowing exactly where say a mischievous cop was the sergeant would spend time looking for him.he may be genuinely engaged answering a call. No radios so now no way of making contact. It didn't last long we were told to parade at beat boxes for pickup and shortly we we just working a beat again and getting better results, it became transport for the sergeant and a perk for sgts pets. My attitude will give a hint I was not one of the chosen.  

The other thing that changed in my final days was that  well educated new policemen could sit sergeants exams early and thus be promoted with minimal service, I personally experienced a sergeant who had not as a policeman attended a real good going house row, he asked me what we should do.  

What I am reading about in this thread concerns me, the trend fifty plus years ago was to go to mobility as opposed to static beat men, if they did they will have lost the policemans strongest asset, I am sure now with computers they can analyse and study statistics and data, but you just cannot beat the system of personal contact. This present situation does not seem to me an overnight phenomenon, it has built, an area Bobby would have seen it coming before any computer.

29 minutes ago, jonesy said:

I guess that's what happens when you try to be smart, JZ. :silly: 

Better luck next time. :) 

Aye, disappointing that a keen point was made so snidely, because there's some exploring of the topic to do for sure.

Maroon Sailor
8 minutes ago, Sharpie said:

No I was talking about the Edinburgh area police, the police here when I arrived fifty odd years ago were all in cars. Now they have beat police in the higher crime areas. When I first started on the Edinburgh Police it was all beats. I n 1956 there was a new police system that was called the Aberdeen System of Team Policing. The Edinburgh police adopted it in the new housing areas such as Liberton, Gilmerton Craigmillar. A van was posted in A Division at Craigmillar and one at Mayfield. We all paraded at Craigmillar and the philosophy was that the eight of us would get in the van and  one would be dropped of say at Wauchope Avenue to walk through he scheme for an hour and the others would be dropped likewise throughout the Section, it didn't last long with us, not knowing exactly where say a mischievous cop was the sergeant would spend time looking for him.he may be genuinely engaged answering a call. No radios so now no way of making contact. It didn't last long we were told to parade at beat boxes for pickup and shortly we we just working a beat again and getting better results, it became transport for the sergeant and a perk for sgts pets. My attitude will give a hint I was not one of the chosen.  

The other thing that changed in my final days was that  well educated new policemen could sit sergeants exams early and thus be promoted with minimal service, I personally experienced a sergeant who had not as a policeman attended a real good going house row, he asked me what we should do.  

What I am reading about in this thread concerns me, the trend fifty plus years ago was to go to mobility as opposed to static beat men, if they did they will have lost the policemans strongest asset, I am sure now with computers they can analyse and study statistics and data, but you just cannot beat the system of personal contact. This present situation does not seem to me an overnight phenomenon, it has built, an area Bobby would have seen it coming before any computer.

Latest tweet Bob

Once again no buses serving the Drum Brae, Clermiston and Clerwood areas

Looking for the public to assist them. Not sure what the police alone can throw at this other than driving around.

The horse had bolted with that attack on the bus driver on Friday night. Doubt they'll find the culprit / culprits for that 

6 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Operation Proust? am I missing something, why is named after a French novelist?

In Search Of Lost Time (4. Sodom and Gomorrah).  Fitting for Clerry and Clerwood.

WoolfordsHearts
30 minutes ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

You should try being here in Blackburn where WL council have had to remove most the bottle banks they dotted about after the wee arses kept torching them. The big problem now is it just isn't neds nor the ned children of neds, we now have grandparent neds.

Sounds pretty grim Finn.

Not just isolated to Blackburn either.

The wee neds are one step ahead. Buses were to stop going up there at 19:00, so they came out early and forced the company to turn the buses at Drum Brae just after 18:00.

Shanks said no

Don't know to attach the video but motorbike gang film is on FBook, Clermiston Chat, my wife says they were out on Glasgow Road yesterday doing wheelies. 

Doctor FinnBarr
9 minutes ago, WoolfordsHearts said:

Sounds pretty grim Finn.

Not just isolated to Blackburn either.

No, Stoneyburn/Bents and Addiewell/Loganlea seem real fun places to be now, think I'll move to Woolfords, at least you'll get to hear owls at night (or at least you could when my mate lived there) instead of a never ending stream of drug buyers outside.

JudyJudyJudy
On 06/03/2021 at 15:28, jonesy said:

Come on, WO, don't go turning into even more of a troll by following folk around different threads. If you're that lonely, I suggest you get yourself a blow up doll or something.

Reveal hidden contents

Not for shagging, but to take over your posting for you. It might improve things a bit.

You, I can tolerate for your avatar ;) 

B6C23499-D50D-4A2F-8F46-D692B9559A72.jpeg

Clerry Jambo
12 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Don't know to attach the video but motorbike gang film is on FBook, Clermiston Chat, my wife says they were out on Glasgow Road yesterday doing wheelies. 

Think the police got them

1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Around lunchtime on Saturday, three kids on motorbikes were doing wheelies along St John's Road. They were on the wrong side of the road and stopping traffic. Circling round and back again. They didn't look totally in control of their bikes to me. Dangerous wee *******s. 

1 hour ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

The wee neds are one step ahead. Buses were to stop going up there at 19:00, so they came out early and forced the company to turn the buses at Drum Brae just after 18:00.

😂 Jesus . Just don’t get why they are doing this . When I was a teen it wouldn’t of crossed my mind to throw bricks at buses.

SwindonJambo

Wee shites. A shame we couldn't do this. The added bonus is that it would stop the little bar stewards from.breeding. I feel for the bus drivers just trying to earn a crust.

With nightclubs shut why don't they hire the security firms to sort them out. 

Edited by ri Alban

8 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

😂 Jesus . Just don’t get why they are doing this . When I was a teen it wouldn’t of crossed my mind to throw bricks at buses.

Call want out last night saying there was yoofs running about Moredun with an axe, mental.

John Findlay

They will be gutted, that they can't go in their two weeks holidays as punishment.

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

With nightclubs shut why don't they hire the security firms to sort them out. 

Big Innis from Still Game would sort these tadgers out. 😂

Maroon Sailor

Ironic as Clermiston has the best service in the city and this is how these young skelps show their appreciation

Edited by Maroon Sailor

11 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

12 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

It happened a lot in the 80s.  I was on the 32 bus passing St Augustines and got up to ring the bell for my stop for Uni, and heard this crash behind me.   Window where I had been sitting had been put in and half a brick was on the floor beside me.

Ron Burgundy

I think in general the whole of Edinburgh is becoming more lawless.

6 weeks ago I caught a junkie trying to break into my car in the communal car park. I held onto him for 25 mins til the cops came but the smelly bassa tried to stab me and once I'd got the knife of him and got him on the ground he bit me. That's resulted in me needing 3 Hep vaccines and 3 blood tests over the next 24 weeks.

Then last Tuesday night I saw another youngish lad smash a bottle right over the fore head of some bloke he was arguing with in the street right outside my bedroom window about 9:30pm.

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, Ron Burgundy said:

6 weeks ago I caught a junkie trying to break into my car in the communal car park. I held onto him for 25 mins til the cops came but the smelly bassa tried to stab me and once I'd got the knife of him and got him on the ground he bit me. That's resulted in me needing 3 Hep vaccines and 3 blood tests over the next 24 weeks.

Then last Tuesday night I saw another youngish lad smash a bottle right over the fore head of some bloke he was arguing with in the street right outside my bedroom window about 9:30pm.

****ing hell. 
Hope all ok man. 

2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

I dunno how you never burst him . Biting you ffs. Horrible.

Ron Burgundy
22 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

****ing hell. 
Hope all ok man. 

Yeah I should be ok, my knees were pissing blood from scraping on the concrete holding him down but the bite looks more like if you had been badly nipped with big pliers and hopefully never went through the skin properly.

2 minutes ago, Irufushi said:

I dunno how you never burst him . Biting you ffs. Horrible.

I had an audience. He got a couple of punches to the side of the head when he bit me and previously when I had him in a headlock I could actually hear his teeth crumbling. He was just rotten.

Maroon Sailor
2 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Surprised he had teeth 

It sounds like anarchy, the mob are taking over. I and I have seen quite a lot of civil disturbance and teen and youth emergence, but throwing bricks at buses, riding on motor cycles as young gangs its actually mind boggling. What is more mind boggling is here are no tales related that the police arrived and they weren't gentle in handling the miscreants. A dangerous situation all around because if the police don't deal with it as an essential, vigilantieism will take over, and thereby lies a serious problem.

A few years ago one of the wee bassas on a stolen motorbike with no helmet or other padding was tearing up and down Silverknowes road, ended up t-boning a car, sailing through the air at 60mph and ended up as a smear on the road.

He was 14.

It always takes a death before the authorities act and crack down or before the wee shites realise how far out of control things have gotten and dial it back a bit.

Edited by Cade

Governor Tarkin
7 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

****s are driving round my way in vans with no plates fly tipping all kinds of shite on pavements or wherever they feel like it. The young teams are running wild.

The Old Bill offer absolutely zero deterent these days.

millerjames398
12 hours ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Just no too much stoorie madori though... 😂🇱🇻

John Findlay
6 hours ago, Sharpie said:

It sounds like anarchy, the mob are taking over. I and I have seen quite a lot of civil disturbance and teen and youth emergence, but throwing bricks at buses, riding on motor cycles as young gangs its actually mind boggling. What is more mind boggling is here are no tales related that the police arrived and they weren't gentle in handling the miscreants. A dangerous situation all around because if the police don't deal with it as an essential, vigilantieism will take over, and thereby lies a serious problem.

The police here have to tread carefully and treat them with kid gloves or they get litigated against and have humans right lawyers all over them. You cannot discipline minors nowadays or you end up being charged yourself.

1 hour ago, Governor Tarkin said:

****s are driving round my way in vans with no plates fly tipping all kinds of shite on pavements or wherever they feel like it. The young teams are running wild.

The Old Bill offer absolutely zero deterent these days.

A lot of Gypsy’s have moved themselves in up across from my work at Newbridge turn up with theirwhite transit vans with no plates, dump their shite all over the place , fly tipping down past sports car breakers and making massive bonfires right next to the fire station 🙄 nothing is done .

Governor Tarkin
30 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

You cannot discipline minors nowadays or you end up being charged yourself.

:spoton:

Governor Tarkin
7 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

A lot of Gypsy’s have moved themselves in up across from my work at Newbridge turn up with theirwhite transit vans with no plates, dump their shite all over the place , fly tipping down past sports car breakers and making massive bonfires right next to the fire station 🙄 nothing is done .

Probably the same ****s.

Just now, Governor Tarkin said:

Probably the same ****s.

Aye it will be two of them entered my works car park the other day they were welcomed by about 10 workers cornered them and tossed them out 😂 don’t think it’s the end with this bunch 😂

The Real Maroonblood
10 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

That team from Leith just don't care.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

The police here have to tread carefully and treat them with kid gloves or they get litigated against and have humans right lawyers all over them. You cannot discipline minors nowadays or you end up being charged yourself.

Its hard to believe  if you detain a thirteen year old that you have just seen throw a brick at a bus whether it hit the bus or not that you can be litigated against or in any manner be disciplined. There is no doubt that in my own childhood days when teachers had the power to strap it was overdone and actually to a level of criminal. I personally at age  eleven as we were getting ready to go to our secondary  school was used as an example to the class when we could not get a math formula, the headmaster Mr Moffat used me by having me stand at the board  whilst with his hand at the back of my head used it to bang the board and stress his lesson. At Boroughmuir I was getting dental treatments and was legitimately absent from art class. When I returned to class we were set an exam. The teacher when giving the results stipulated for every mark below fifty percent one stroke of the strap would be given. I who had never been given one class of the particular subject scored zero. The teacher felt fifty stokes of the belt was too arduous for him and gave me twenty five double handers. left my arms and hands bruised, when my mother saw them she asked me why, when told she said keep your sleeves down and don't let your father see them. If he does he will kill you and then go and kill teacher. That left me with a life time of assuring that my dealings with children were fair and moderate, but never  caused me not to do my duty. If police are seeing some of the actions bricks through bus windows that could cause serious or fatal injuries and not responding because of fear of legal action then the system and the police are both wrong.  I am not suggesting that the police do the disciplining, but must be and I am sure they are legally empowered whether by arrest or summons to carry out the law and offer them to the prescribed authority for penalty. Otherwise the service should be disbanded. This is exactly the question raised in the States just now where it is suggested that police be defunded  and carried out by in this case I would suggest some form of child services department, and if they do such a thing, stand by you ain't seen nothing yet.

John Findlay

Do you know where your children are and what they are upto?

Sensible parents yes and yes.

Other parents no and no.

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Do you know where your children are and what they are upto?

Sensible parents yes and yes.

Other parents no and no.

To be fair, my parents were sensible and THOUGHT they knew where we were and what we were up to. But kids are bullshitters.

The wee angel face and "We're just off to play football" whilst actually planning your evening route through backgardens was a common occurance. Not to mention the "I'm staying at Dave's" while Dave tells his folks he's staying at yours trick, before pulling an all nighter and nicking milk and rolls. 

4 minutes ago, Norm said:

To be fair, my parents were sensible and THOUGHT they knew where we were and what we were up to. But kids are bullshitters.

The wee angel face and "We're just off to play football" whilst actually planning your evening route through backgardens was a common occurance. 

Theft and shrubbery? 

24 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Theft and shrubbery? 

Not quite but similar. We just called it garden skiving or garden runs. Essentially just sneaking your way through people's back gardens and gnashing like **** over hedges and fences if anyone came out. Relatively harmless other than the occasional broken fence. 

It appears it's still a pastime of kids as there were clear signs folk had been at it in my garden and the neighbours a couple of months back. 

John Findlay
41 minutes ago, Norm said:

The wee angel face and "We're just off to play football" whilst actually planning your evening route through backgardens was a common occurance. Not to mention the "I'm staying at Dave's" while Dave tells his folks he's staying at yours trick, before pulling an all nighter and nicking milk and rolls. 

What at 10-12 yrs old?