***** Official Hearts v Dundee Match Thread *****

Turkishcap

2 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Lost the ball countless times, passing was way ward, missed 2 glorious chances. Can’t hold the ball up and rarely broke the lines. Poor performance.

Okay so you don’t understand his role today. That’s fine mate. You can enjoy football without understanding everything. All good.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Cruyff

• One five

• GinRummy

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Okay so you don’t understand his role today. That’s fine mate. You can enjoy football without understanding everything. All good.

😂😂😂😂Forgot more about football than you’ll ever know. Football is a game of opinions, that’s what makes it great. However you are just a walloper.

Guest ToqueJambo

Enjoyed that. Much more positive, should have been out of sight with the GMS and Boyce sitters. Irving was fantastic spraying passes around from deep with Halliday, GMS and McEneff ahead of him. When Gnando, GMS and McEneff are up to speed fitness wise we should see that for the whole match instead of 60 mins. Liking the option of GMS or Walker at the tip of the diamond.

3 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

😂😂😂😂Forgot more about football than you’ll ever know. Football is a game of opinions, that’s what makes it great. However you are just a walloper.

Normally I’d engage with that sort of insult and tear you up for the trash, but since you’ve proved time and again on here that you’re not quite the full shilling, I’ll let it go. Now go play nice with the other kids.

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Robbie asking mcpake why he was still buying his clothes from George at Asda 

More likely asking for the number of his hair replacement therapy guy 😆

GMS misses the simplest of chances yet gets a game every week. One of the many reasons we are struggling to kill teams off. 

14 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

they were at it for the last 5-10 minutes of the game also. No idea what it was about

👍

maroonsgotop
1 hour ago, south morocco said:

What was going on at the end with Robbie and McPake, anyone know?

maybe comparing their cup final goals and the outcomes of said matches

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

GMS misses the simplest of chances yet gets a game every week. One of the many reasons we are struggling to kill teams off. 

Look, his miss was a shocker. The other one not quite as bad as he still had a bit to do to score and mishit the shot. But that’s the first time for a good while we’ve seen an effective fluid set up in attacking areas and he, Gnando and Boyce played it pretty well today. Christ we fell right out of the game when two of them went off and we reverted back to type. Surely that has to tell folk something about how well it worked up front today. 

9 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

He’s improved from two weeks ago to last week and further improved from last week to this week. His misses were terrible, his ball for the goal was excellent. Dropping him could’ve happened a few weeks ago when he was in poor form, dropping him now would be idiotic. That one miss was a howler though. Absolute shocker. 

HillmanHearts

GMS actually had a really decent spell between half time and his substitution- apart from the ( brutal) miss.

Glad he got a good assist - lovely pass. He could still be great for us - but needs confidence.

Halliday also much maligned - but was decent today.

Smith and Kingsley much more involved within the new system which is good as they are good players.

But hanging on for the last few mins ! No need ! Important that we got there in the end tho.

Just now, Barack said:

He never hid though. I can think of one or two of our recent strikers who would've done just that, until hooked. 

I'd be more worried if he's not getting into those positions & at least giving himself a look. Doubt he'll get a better one all season mind...but if you don't buy a ticket, then expect some other lucky ****er to win the lotto.

Good post. If anything he was more involved after the miss. 

28 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Enjoyed that. Much more positive, should have been out of sight with the GMS and Boyce sitters. Irving was fantastic spraying passes around from deep with Halliday, GMS and McEneff ahead of him. When Gnando, GMS and McEneff are up to speed fitness wise we should see that for the whole match instead of 60 mins. Liking the option of GMS or Walker at the tip of the diamond.

What is this positive post doing on here....

maroondevo52
1 hour ago, south morocco said:

What was going on at the end with Robbie and McPake, anyone know?

Maybe something to do with this 'yellow card' tackle.

image.png

GMS is a luxury Hearts can’t afford. One decent pass in 90 minutes doesn’t deserve the “he’ll come good” sycophantic drivel on JKB. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

You do realise that GMS was pivotal to the new system working of course ? Guy missed a couple of sitters but apart from that I thought he was pretty good for us today.

Interesting perspective.  I didn't see the game so I can't comment on GMS, but in a sport where many matches are decided by a single goal (today was one of them), missing two sitters will often be calamitous.

11 minutes ago, Maple Leaf said:

Interesting perspective.  I didn't see the game so I can't comment on GMS, but in a sport where many matches are decided by a single goal (today was one of them), missing two sitters will often be calamitous.

True, but it’s perfectly possible to miss a couple of chances and still have a good game. Boyce has been doing it all season.

True, but it’s perfectly possible to miss a couple of chances and still have a good game. Boyce has been doing it all season.

Yes indeed.

Guest ToqueJambo
26 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

GMS is a luxury Hearts can’t afford. One decent pass in 90 minutes doesn’t deserve the “he’ll come good” sycophantic drivel on JKB. 

He's starting to come good after contributing nothing. Anyone who likes entertainment should be happy he's in the team. Capable of cracking moments of skill and seems to be coming on to a game now after his holiday in the States. 

Ex member of the SaS
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

He could’ve put Henderson on or Kasteneer and put balls over the top to them. He just felt more comfortable making defensive subs and seeing it out.

Which nearly turned out to be a disaster. Changing a winning formula is not the sign of a good manager. How often do you see Sevco or Celtic go defensive at one up?

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Which nearly turned out to be a disaster. Changing a winning formula is not the sign of a good manager. How often do you see Sevco or Celtic go defensive at one up?

Wasting your time Robbie is the messiah. 

2 hours ago, Mister T said:

Robbie asking mcpake why he was still buying his clothes from George at Asda 

Robbie was waiting on the ref again at half time in the tunnel 🙄

Guest ToqueJambo
11 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Robbie was waiting on the ref again at half time in the tunnel 🙄

He's got a bee in his bonnet about Don Robertson this season, rightly so after a couple of previous games this season now this one! 

The injury time at the end was way too long as well as the red card. And we should have had a pen in the first half.

34 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's starting to come good after contributing nothing. Anyone who likes entertainment should be happy he's in the team. Capable of cracking moments of skill and seems to be coming on to a game now after his holiday in the States. 

I thought he was good today as I’ve said. Not brilliant. Not truly game changing. Not MOTM, although not a million miles away. But he showed flashes of what he is about today. He’s clever about the game and he’s got pace. He sees the passes and he can run past people. I don’t think he’s much more than 80% fit at the moment so we might not see his best until next season. He’s a keeper though and we’ve not got many who are premiership quality.

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Good point, or any big team at home to a lesser opponent for nearly 25 minutes. We actually brought them onto us and Gordon saved us. 
Quite enjoyed the first 65 minutes and mixing it up with passing or going direct and into the channels was working well, I think we would’ve scored another two if he hadn’t bottled it. He said in his interview we got twitchy, the only person thinking that was him. 

Pasquale for King
15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I thought he was good today as I’ve said. Not brilliant. Not truly game changing. Not MOTM, although not a million miles away. But he showed flashes of what he is about today. He’s clever about the game and he’s got pace. He sees the passes and he can run past people. I don’t think he’s much more than 80% fit at the moment so we might not see his best until next season. He’s a keeper though and we’ve not got many who are premiership quality.

Definitely. Once he scores and gets 100% fit i think he will excel. Great pass for the 2nd goal, we were poor when he left the pitch. 

9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely. Once he scores and gets 100% fit i think he will excel. Great pass for the 2nd goal, we were poor when he left the pitch. 

We were poor. Not really Jamie Walker's game to run past folk and drag people away. Should really have pushed McEneff up to the tip of the diamond and brought Haring on. Henderson for Gnando and we would have kept a shape that was working for us and keeping Dundee on the back foot.

Edited by JimmyCant

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Haha, no worries can see why it would read differently. 

Think we have had it hard to watch, Sheep must be going mental 

Definitely. I can understand ours fans'  frustrations because we expect so much more being a Hearts supporter, but imagine being an Aberdeen fan :lol: 1 goal in 9 games. 

Pasquale for King

We were poor. Not really Jamie Walker's game to run past folk and drag people away. Should really have pushed McEneff up to the tip of the diamond and brought Haring on. Henderson for Gnando and we would have kept a shape that was working for us and keeping Dundee on the back foot.

Absolutely, that would’ve worked 👍🏽

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Definitely. I can understand ours fans'  frustrations because we expect so much more being a Hearts supporter, but imagine being an Aberdeen fan :lol: 1 goal in 9 games. 

Good. **** them, their big mouth owner, slimy weegie Hun ***** of a manager, DICK Gordon, WILLIE Miller, tiny support and imaginary new stadium. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good. **** them, their big mouth owner, slimy weegie Hun ***** of a manager, DICK Gordon, WILLIE Miller, tiny support and imaginary new stadium. 

Here here.

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

😝 I’d still swap their manager for ours though 

Francis Albert
37 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's got a bee in his bonnet about Don Robertson this season, rightly so after a couple of previous games this season now this one! 

The injury time at the end was way too long as well as the red card. And we should have had a pen in the first half.

They always add on time for substitutions so we contributed a decent chunk of the 3 minutes from unnecesary subs. The Haring one being the silliest. I really don't think the ref affected the outcome or had a bad game. We got just about what we deserved  from the game and Robbie should focus on our deficiences.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Spot on 👏

Francis Albert
Just now, JimmyCant said:

And our league position for theirs.

Pasquale for King

They’re identical, both Levein clones. Which for £750k a year is it any wonder the sheep want him sacked really baaaadly 😜

1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

They’re identical, both Levein clones. Which for £750k a year is it any wonder the sheep want him sacked really baaaadly 😜

If ever a manager needed a fresh challenge somewhere it’s McInnes. He’s stuck in a rut there. Wouldn’t break the bank for him but he’d have us solid top 6 every season, in Europe most seasons and he’s long overdue a cup. If we think our current manager can do that, then no need to change.

Pasquale for King

If ever a manager needed a fresh challenge somewhere it’s McInnes. He’s stuck in a rut there. Wouldn’t break the bank for him but he’d have us solid top 6 every season, in Europe most seasons and he’s long overdue a cup. If we think our current manager can do that, then no need to change.

I’m no fan of RN but I think swapping him for Mcinnes wouldn’t be making progress and we can’t afford it either. Even Rangers wanted him to take a pay cut, I think he’s missed the boat of a move to a bigger club. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Good point.  And he had another today.

colinmaroon
4 hours ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Definitely. 

Half the goals Denis Law and Kenny Dalglish scored with feet in front of goal they ended up on their backsides because they didn't stand waiting.

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I’m no fan of RN but I think swapping him for Mcinnes wouldn’t be making progress and we can’t afford it either. Even Rangers wanted him to take a pay cut, I think he’s missed the boat of a move to a bigger club. 

We wouldn’t employ him at anything approaching what he’s allegedly on up there (which is a big part of why he’s still there) Add to that the fact that there is no danger Ann Budge will push out a manager who’s achieved his first target (and there is a case for agreeing with that)I still think RN is a very poor appointment but I suppose we’re going to have to stick with him until it’s clear from the league table next season. I hope he finds something from somewhere that proves me wrong because I don’t want him to fail.

Pasquale for King
Just now, JimmyCant said:

We wouldn’t employ him at anything approaching what he’s allegedly on up there (which is a big part of why he’s still there) Add to that the fact that there is no danger Ann Budge will push out a manager who’s achieved his first target (and there is a case for agreeing with that)I still think RN is a very poor appointment but I suppose we’re going to have to stick with him until it’s clear from the league table next season. I hope he finds something from somewhere that proves me wrong because I don’t want him to fail.

Definitely, nothing would make me happier for him to be a bit more adventurous but it’s just not going to happen. We knew what we were getting which is why people are unhappy with what’s on offer, being top in this tinpot league of penniless nobodies is not a great achievement. 

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, nothing would make me happier for him to be a bit more adventurous but it’s just not going to happen. We knew what we were getting which is why people are unhappy with what’s on offer, being top in this tinpot league of penniless nobodies is not a great achievement. 

It’s proven in Scottish football outside of the OF that being defensive first is the most successful route.  Clarke absolutely nailed it at Killie. McInnes has had consistent success with it at Aberdeen and Ross is taking Hibs to 3rd this season on the same basis.

There have been shouts for every single one of these guys to be Hearts manager on this forum.

Pasquale for King
Just now, Byyy The Light said:

It’s proven in Scottish football outside of the OF that being defensive first is the most successful route.  Clarke absolutely nailed it at Killie. McInnes has had consistent success with it at Aberdeen and Ross is taking Hibs to 3rd this season on the same basis.

There have been shouts for every single one of these guys to be Hearts manager on this forum.

It is and that’s one if the reasons we are a football backwater who get a crap tv deal because the standard is poor.
Most of the successful teams in my time watching Hearts since the early 70s have been teams that attack well but know how to defend. 
Guys like Neilson/Levein and the others you mention don’t really have the success I would like us to have. Give me Macdonald/JJ/Burley or the progressive coaching of Sergio any day of the week. 

Byyy The Light
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It is and that’s one if the reasons we are a football backwater who get a crap tv deal because the standard is poor.
Most of the successful teams in my time watching Hearts since the early 70s have been teams that attack well but know how to defend. 
Guys like Neilson/Levein and the others you mention don’t really have the success I would like us to have. Give me Macdonald/JJ/Burley or the progressive coaching of Sergio any day of the week. 

There are multiple reasons we’re a footballing backwater. The guys you mention are too. Might be effective in Scottish football but they’d be shite at other levels today.

27 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

I kind of agree but it’s also possible to build a solid defensive unit yet not be a defensive team and be successful. Hearts under JJ (first time) and Doddy are good examples. 

Good defence (better than we have now) and a cutting edge up front and not feared to use it and that’s top six without being anything special or overly defensive.

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Byyy The Light said:

There are multiple reasons we’re a footballing backwater. The guys you mention are too. Might be effective in Scottish football but they’d be shite at other levels today.

That’s why I said one of the reasons. Those guys were good at the time though. Sergio is still more progressive than our current manager if the training videos are anything to go by. 
Who do you fancy as manager, I can’t say there’s many outstanding candidates that I know of. 

Byyy The Light
3 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I kind of agree but it’s also possible to build a solid defensive unit yet not be a defensive team and be successful. Hearts under JJ (first time) and Doddy are good examples. 

Good defence (better than we have now) and a cutting edge up front and not feared to use it and that’s top six without being anything special or overly defensive.

I just think it comes down to team morale and timing. It’s depressing as ****. JJ and Doddie are out their depth big time these days. Great motivators, great eye for a player but world is different now. Imagine those guys having parents of 16 year olds telling them to play their bairns 😂😂

Our central defence is pish. If you know that and I know that then Robbie definitely knows that. Doing something about it while

keeping the morale up is difficult.

Im not convinced Robbie is the answer but all things considered he’s got the first bit almost done.

1 minute ago, Byyy The Light said:

I just think it comes down to team morale and timing. It’s depressing as ****. JJ and Doddie are out their depth big time these days. Great motivators, great eye for a player but world is different now. Imagine those guys having parents of 16 year olds telling them to play their bairns 😂😂

Our central defence is pish. If you know that and I know that then Robbie definitely knows that. Doing something about it while

keeping the morale up is difficult.

Im not convinced Robbie is the answer but all things considered he’s got the first bit almost done.

I can’t imagine for a minute he thinks he can even keep us in the Premiership with the current central defence. Fingers crossed on Souttar which solves one position and Halkett okay for back up but we might need two top central defenders signed. I’m not 100% convinced about us at full back either (defensively)