*** Offishul match thread : Hearts v Morton ***

Bunny Munro

44 minutes ago, Gambo said:

Scary that some think a draw at home to the mighty Greenock Morton is an improvement on draw away to the exceptional QotS.

And we wonder why we are where we are.

It's fecking incredible that many on here appear more than happy to accept this utter shite.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• davemclaren

Jambof3tornado
7 hours ago, Toxteth O'Grady said:

Fair point - I've no idea where my optimism has come from but I've got a feeling about today

Oh well. I've given up on any optimistic attitude!!!

1 hour ago, Independence said:

My memory as a 64 year old is obviously better than yours!!!!!!! Basically you are talking shite.He was a dedicated Hearts player who gave 100% every game and his cup winning tackle against Gretna and his goal  in Switzerland will last with me forever. Not forgetting he stopped H1b5 winning the Scottish Cup this year!!!

Common misconception.

It was 1-0 to Hearts when he made the tackle. They equalised anyway.

I didn't mind him as a player. He defended decently. Played under a few managers.

Although, was on a course down south with a Brentford fan about 4 years ago, I asked him how Robbie was. He laughed, shook his head and said "shit".

40 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You can get the same or worse result yet put in a better performance. 

It’s all to do with the results I’ve played enough football to get that , but as a fan we don’t want a knuckle ride at home in games against championship clubs mate.

Nelly Terraces
59 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You can get the same or worse result yet put in a better performance. 

Looking forward to more draws v dross with these incredible "better performances".

1 hour ago, One five said:

It’s all to do with the results I’ve played enough football to get that , but as a fan we don’t want a knuckle ride at home in games against championship clubs mate.

I don’t disagree. We should be doing better. 

1 hour ago, Nelly Terraces said:

Looking forward to more draws v dross with these incredible "better performances".

Hopefully they will turn into wins, or we will be in trouble. 

7 hours ago, Section Q said:

Every now and then some idiot appears and just won't go away........

Deflectiion so you don't or can't answer the question.

I know who the idiot is and it's not me.

5 hours ago, hearts00 said:

Can we also discuss corners please. 

What was it 16 last week and 14 this week? Not a single header won or chance created. 

what on earth is that all about?

I remember working at Tynecastle many years ago and had an opportunity to ask our manager Alex Macdonald who had signed our new wonder boy centre forward Iain Ferguson for a then record fee , why the f do you make him take corners 99% of the time,wouldn’t our star forward be better in the box? 
his reply “you watch every game ,tell me ,TELL ME one player that can kick a baw as far as the box ?” a wee bit stunned by his reaction,I gave it some thought ,couldn’t give an answer then or now , history repeating itself? We had a cracking team then but if he couldn’t see a player on the park to put a decent corner in what fn chance has RN got?

We have no alternative tactics. Today it was “take off underperforming player and move Naismith into that position” when he was performing as bad as anyone. We start at a high tempo and if we don’t score we’re lost. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, ramrod said:

You have to factor in the quality of the opposition  though. 

The teams in this league are utterly horrendous there is no other way to describe them.

We are are regressumg as the season goes on and some of our performances individually and collectively are beyond embarrassing tbh.

The owner,manager,coaches and players should be thoroughly ashamed at some of the garbage they are serving up this year against utter dross. 

Shite.

9 hours ago, Gambo said:

Scary that some think a draw at home to the mighty Greenock Morton is an improvement on draw away to the exceptional QotS.

I think there’s maybe one poster saying a draw was an ok result, so not some. Yesterday was an improvement on our last three performances, anybody could see that. Still, ultimately wasn’t good enough. 

11 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

League is won..   Pantwetters take note.

We take those chances today and we win.. 

Will be interesting to see,, when we start winning again ,just how many drama queens will jump on the well done Robbie and Hearts train... 

This league was never going to be easy, look at Hibs and Rangers when they were down with us. We cant expect to be winning games 4-0 every game.Teams in this league  are playing for their existence and if their life and jobs  depended on it.  

Point 1 the league is not won yet. 

Point 2 we never took those chances today and the end result shows that. 

Point 3 winning games in this league should be a given most weeks as the standard of opposition is rank. 

Point 4 You say teams are playing for their existence which suggests to me that they are putting in more effort in than our players. 

Don’t try and polish a turd. We are dull as dishwater to watch and a once united support last spring /summer has now split again on the of the decision to bring Neilson back. Regardless of whether we win this league this man needs to be removed as if not we are relegation fodder next season. This club has been going backwards at an alarming pace for 3 years now and given the incredible backing from FOH Subs and Benefactors it's an absolute disgrace that we are where we are. As much as I admired Anne Budge for the a lot of things she done her time is well and truly up. The FOH needs to negotiate the handing over of the club and appoint a Mercer type figure. Anyone who can't see this must have their head well and truly buried in Robbie Neilson land. 

The Treasurer
12 hours ago, Gambo said:

So they *** should be, but the mighty QotS eh. Seriously though, 4 wins out of 8 this year, with the facilities, players, backing etc we have????

The objective for this season is to get promotion, how it's achieved is not the most important thing to be concerned about.

So far we seem on course to reach our goal

22 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The objective for this season is to get promotion, how it's achieved is not the most important thing to be concerned about.

So far we seem on course to reach our goal

Winning the league was always going to happen.

How we are going about winning the league and how we are shaping up for next season is something to be concerned about. 

Some, imo, are too happy to accept the bare minimum.

Ex member of the SaS
16 hours ago, tynewater said:

Don't understand why people are bothering about how well we'll get on in the Premiership, the only thing that matters is winning this league. We've got a lot of work to do to finish top, no one is going to make this easy for us. Thought we played ok today, but need more movement from our forwards to pull the defence about and create some space. On to Inverness, where a win would be very welcome.

This has been our problem for years, Not looking to the future and looking for instant fixes, that once promoted, will not cut it but are on a contract. That means we can't get the players required to get top six ( min ) as we have a team full of journeymen.

Gordon Ramsay

The performance was better than QOTS, I don't think anyone is denying that. 

The performance followed the same pattern as all our games though. Try for about 15-20 mins, don't get anywhere and start to ease off and let the opposition in.

We can't sustain it, our tempo always drops off and for me we still don't press these teams properly. Good teams press and win the ball back ASAP, we have a great opportunity to do it in this league playing against weaker players who will likely panic and shank it out of play. Done it away against Raith and we pummeled them but we've reverted back to the same pish ever since. 

I don't know what we're trying to do. We have no style of play. We get about 15 corners a game and do nothing from them. We switch our crap wingers after 30 mins every game and it does nothing. 

I think we will win the league but if Robbie is here next season (he will be as Anne will think he's a hero for winning this pishy league no matter what) we will be bottom 6, possibly in the bottom 2 next season. It really is very poor stuff. 

We are also still crap at throw-ins. 

Edited by Gordon Ramsay

Ex member of the SaS

I have been moaning for weeks about lack of commitment and desire and was shouted down. Now people are starting to wake up and see we are not making any progress. I have stated many times I like Robbie but am slowly starting to think he can't cut it, yes we will win the league and this is part of the problem, players who think we can just turn up. This is where a proper management team do their best work. Robbie was brought in during a period of extreme uncertainty, a cheap option when we didn't know how much of a hit we would take, I get that, But we need to see signings that show we are building for the return to the top flight. Persisting with Boyce and Naismith when it's clear they have no apatite for this league.

signing Gnanduillet as a partner for Boyce looked good on paper but he was playing more as a winger than a striker. 

One can only hope there is a plan for when we return, it's just I am not seeing just now.

I've went full circle and now accept we are quite pish and only capable of bumbling onto the title.

Next will need one amount massive overhaul. 2x CB will be priority #1.

The present squad will not stay up in the Premiership. 

Dundee will get to the final play off but will lose to Hamilton or Killie.  Ross County will be relegated.

Kidd’s Boots

My patience is wearing very thin with RN, and his comments post match yesterday regarding ruthlessness need to start with him and the rest of the coaching staff. If he persists with and provides mediocrity at this stage of the season without showing ruthlessness then hell mend him.

Halliday - has already been told by coaching staff that he wasn't brought here to be 'alright' - drop him

Irving - head is being turned, only dropped because it's  an easier conversation than the experienced pro's

Naismith - play your best position, if you can only manage 15-30mins fine, make them the best 15-30mins you have- benched

Berra - thanks for everything - parental leave until contract expires

GMS - same as Naismith 

Haring - needs a run of games, provide the insurance for the defence, break things up and get the ball to McEneff to start things

Be bold and ruthless Robbie, start playing the players for the system you think is their best - 433, it starts and finishes with you.

55 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

The performance followed the same pattern as all our games though. Try for about 15-20 mins, don't get anywhere and start to ease off and let the opposition in.

We can't sustain it, our tempo always drops off and for me we still don't press these teams properly. Good teams press and win the ball back ASAP, we have a great opportunity to do it in this league playing against weaker players who will likely panic and shank it out of play. Done it away against Raith and we pummeled them but we've reverted back to the same pish ever since. 

I don't know what we're trying to do. We have no style of play. We get about 15 corners a game and do nothing from them. We switch our crap wingers after 30 mins every game and it does nothing. 

I think we will win the league but if Robbie is here next season (he will be as Anne will think he's a hero for winning this pishy league no matter what) we will be bottom 6, possibly in the bottom 2 next season. It really is very poor stuff. 

Spot on. 
I noticed it on a few occasions yesterday when we lost the ball in and around the 18 yard line there is absolutely no desire to try and get the ball back as quickly as possible to keep the pressure on. We then repeatedly took 4 or 5 to many passes around the defenders and sitting midfield player to try and go forward again taking an absolute age. 
All the teams we play know if they keep us out for the first 20 mins they will always have a chance. Every game is the same. 

56 minutes ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

Agree with every word and I wager that the majority on here does as well.  The greater concern is that our management team doesn't seem to realise it. 

I hope they do pretty quickly or our soapy bubble of winning this league in a canter will soon burst.

35 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

I've went full circle and now accept we are quite pish and only capable of bumbling onto the title.

Dundee will get to the final play off but will lose to Hamilton or Killie.  Ross County will be relegated.

Dundee are not even in the top 4 at the moment!!! 
They play us soon though so will probably get at least a point in that one. 

36 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

My wish is that Dundee stay where they are.

11 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Deflectiion so you don't or can't answer the question.

I know who the idiot is and it's not me.

Have another drink.........

4 minutes ago, Billy Hoyle said:

Dundee are not even in the top 4 at the moment!!! 
They play us soon though so will probably get at least a point in that one. 

My concern is our next game away to ICT who after not having played for ages go away to Ayr and win 2 - 0.

God only knows what sort of performance we will put in there.

13 hours ago, Gambo said:

Not that I'm saying a draw is anyway good enough. 

We are not where we are because some fans are not losing their shit over a draw. We are where we are because we have a team of half arsed, over paid mercenaries.

It's irrelevant what the fans on a forum think.

1 minute ago, Section Q said:

Have another drink.........

Try answering the question. Yet more defelction because you know you are just making up a non story.

Where are you getting your information that Irving thinks he should be on the same money as Naismith, Damour etc as you suggested?

I think if you are being honest you think this is what is happening but you have absolutely no evidence to back up your argument.

Maybe you have had too much to drink!!

We keep waiting for them to show up and show us what they are capable of.

It is just beginning to look like they are not capable.

Some will not get above 80% effort, which is absolutely criminal from professional sportsmen and it's the main reason we are in the championship in the first place. The expulsion from the league has hidden the fact that half the current team were scared of a fight last season and are showing the same lack of desire this season. There is no excuse for not showing up for work once a week. They should be embarrassed but they are not.

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Try answering the question. Yet more defelction because you know you are just making up a non story.

Where are you getting your information that Irving thinks he should be on the same money as Naismith, Damour etc as you suggested?

I think if you are being honest you think this is what is happening but you have absolutely no evidence to back up your argument.

Maybe you have had too much to drink!!

I didn't make anything up.

I said "I think", so that was my opinion. Do I have solid proof then no, but it's my opinion. Just like I have suspicions you're a trolling tool but only proof. Now please go away and find someone else to bother on this fine Sunday morning.....😁.....!

Just now, jambopilms said:

We keep waiting for them to show up and show us what they are capable of.

It is just beginning to look like they are not capable.

Some will not get above 80% effort, which is absolutely criminal from professional sportsmen and it's the main reason we are in the championship in the first place. The expulsion from the league has hidden the fact that half the current team were scared of a fight last season and are showing the same lack of desire this season. There is no excuse for not showing up for work once a week. They should be embarrassed but they are not.

We should have got rid of more pre season and not hoped the will show what they are capable of this season. There should be no second chances, I fear Naismith, Halkett, Smith etc will be on 3rd/4th chances and leading us to the championship for a second time.

50 minutes ago, Section Q said:

I didn't make anything up.

I said "I think", so that was my opinion. Do I have solid proof then no, but it's my opinion. Just like I have suspicions you're a trolling tool but only proof. Now please go away and find someone else to bother on this fine Sunday morning.....😁.....!

Here is what you wrote.

Difficult to know what's going on with Irvine after Wighton gave his version of his own situation. I think Naismith Haring Boyce and Damour are our biggest earners Irvine thinks he should be up there with them. 

You said you THINK Naismith, Haring, Boyce and Damour are our biggest earners  bur read the bit in bold. Where do you say think in that part.

Get your facts straight before trying to belittle a fellow poster.

Your right about one thing it is a fine Sunday morning. 

Finally the guys surname is IRVING not Irvine.

18 hours ago, davemclaren said:

No, we’re definitely clear in the league at the moment. 

better performance than last week but we need to get far better at taking chances. 

Better performance ? Utter pish 

It was a better performance the stats back that up also, however it was nowhere near good enough.  Friday night will be a real tough game. Looking at our remaining fixtures we have 

Dundee, Ayr, QOS, Alloa, ICT at home

ICT, Arbroath, Dunfermline, Morton and Raith away

We should have enough to get over the line given the home fixtures and other sides inconsistentcy but these are tricky away fixtures 

GMS must be amazing in training as even Frear must be sitting there thinking "What's he doing that I've not?". Savage said it was Robbie's choice and Robbie is playing him every week in the hope he will turn up. We are currently fielding  only 10men from KO though...

66% Possession.  5 Shots on target from 26 shots at goal.   Sums up the problem. 

It has been this for weeks.

15 hours ago, Gambo said:

We turned up for 10mins today. Like QotS, not good enough.

Morton were the worst team to turn up at Tynecastle.

Actually thought that myself especially first half. 

Morton were absolutely hopeless yet still wander off with a point. 

Embarrassing, frankly. 

19 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Yeah, but,  "unbeaten in 5" , he said.

In a frickin pub league. A pub league. 

I hope AB & her "board" are having sleepless nights at the prospect of that lot fighting for survival next season. A terrifying prospect. 

They won't be giving a shit as long as season ticket sales are healthy and FoH contributions continue. If the signings we've made, not just this season but in the last few years are anything to go by then expect more of the same arriving to fail like previous players. I wouldn't fancy our chances against the likes of Hamilton, St Mirren or Livingston next season. As for the top half teams....i'm saying nowt.

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Here is what you wrote.

Difficult to know what's going on with Irvine after Wighton gave his version of his own situation. I think Naismith Haring Boyce and Damour are our biggest earners Irvine thinks he should be up there with them. 

You said you THINK Naismith, Haring, Boyce and Damour are our biggest earners  bur read the bit in bold. Where do you say think in that part.

Get your facts straight before trying to belittle a fellow poster.

Your right about one thing it is a fine Sunday morning. 

Finally the guys surname is IRVING not Irvine.

Are you off your f.ck.ng head.....?

1 hour ago, Spellczech said:

GMS must be amazing in training as even Frear must be sitting there thinking "What's he doing that I've not?". Savage said it was Robbie's choice and Robbie is playing him every week in the hope he will turn up. We are currently fielding  only 10men from KO though...

Agree. I’ve been banging on about formations for a couple of days but GMS has had no positive impact at all so far. He’s normally joined by at least one other player who does nothing. There are passengers every week. 

Thing for me with Mackay_Steven...he is a pacey attack-minded player who's done well everywhere he's went. I still think he'll be an astute signing with bags of experience for the premier. For me the system Neilson plays does not suit his game. Mackay-Steven always had midfield support up with him to cut the ball to, in this system the midfield are static and don't get forward enough. This leads him to try and beat two players doubling up on him so the only option is to get the ball into the box as quick as possible and just hope someone's there on the end of it. More often than not, opposition defenders pick it up and boot it away while our midfielders watch on playing like extra defenders in and around the centre-circle. Then Boyce/Naismith has to drop deeper leaving no-one in the box. I'll say now though that (i know he's under contract for a couple of years) Mackay-Steven could walk away from Hearts now and sign for another club and be a major influence in that team. As with most players that come to Hearts, they get the life sucked out of them with negative football and coaching styles. Hey, maybe Frear and Roberts aren't as bad as they've seemed either!

The Treasurer
6 hours ago, Gambo said:

Winning the league was always going to happen.

How we are going about winning the league and how we are shaping up for next season is something to be concerned about. 

Some, imo, are too happy to accept the bare minimum.

The team we saw yesterday will be very different to the team that starts next season 

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The team we saw yesterday will be very different to the team that starts next season 

We should have been rebuilding this season ready to start next season running imo.

He has brought in about a dozen this season already.

Most of the squad have contracts to 2022 or 2023. Unfortunately, we likely will be seeing most of these let downs in maroon next season. Not much to look forward to under Neilson.

3 minutes ago, OmiyaHearts said:

Most of the squad have contracts to 2022 or 2023. Unfortunately, we likely will be seeing most of these let downs in maroon next season. Not much to look forward to under Neilson.

If the contracts are the constraints won’t we see the players under any new manager as well?