*** Offishul match thread : Hearts v Morton ***

Bunny Munro

9 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Proper elephant in the room time!! 

I put it to you, GMS is rank,lightweight and not the answer.

This week and last week Kastaneer has been subbed ahead of him! There’s a couple on here don’t rate him (GK that is) but compared to Frear and Roberts it’s like night and day. In fact, I think he’s tailor made for Scottish football and perhaps just needs a couple of more games to get up to speed. Anyway, GMS has been hugely disappointing but I’m hoping he comes good. Could do with putting some weight on!

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• davemclaren

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Two strikers. We need to play two strikers in every game in this league. 

Correct answer, especially when teams are sitting with everyone behind the ball 👍

Fozzyonthefence
9 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Imagine Boyce got injured and  Gnando, is  only just here. Its all new to him added to lack of match fitness. Left with Naismith who is nowhere near the player he was. Christ, Wighton could play wide and do more than GMS.

Oh, Robbie. So many questions. But you're safe

Agreed.  Even if Wighton was only going to be on the bench it’s an another option, someone we know can score goals in this league.  Personally, I would have got rid of him in the summer unless he scored a load of goals but presumably had to move on to free up wages for one of the new guys.  The problem is most of the players we bring in are generally pish or past it and been that way for a while now. 

8 minutes ago, airdriejambo3 said:

He said Wighton is no worse than Naismith  which is clearly not true.

That's right - then you misquoted him on that very point. 

1 minute ago, Rogue Daddy said:

This week and last week Kastaneer has been subbed ahead of him! There’s a couple on here don’t rate him (GK that is) but compared to Frear and Roberts it’s like night and day. In fact, I think he’s tailor made for Scottish football and perhaps just needs a couple of more games to get up to speed. Anyway, GMS has been hugely disappointing but I’m hoping he comes good. Could do with putting some weight on!

Should be fed "bottle" by the shed load

17 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

So anyway, 6 from 6 next 2 games?

Fancy our chances of beating Dundee as they are not as good as portrayed on here!

ICT might be different, but they have a game on Tuesday night to play which might be to our benefit. Can't believe I'm clutching at straws, hoping the opposition might toil due to backlog of fixtures.

Having said the above, today was a really poor result, not helped by lack of attempts on target. The Morton goalie had quite a easy day to be fair, considering the possession in our favour. 

We need to work out how to break down a ten man defence set up from 30 yards out. The easiest solution would be to score the 1st goal to avoid chasing our tails.

Truth be known we should have been well out of sight over the horizon, instead of still looking over our shoulders.....cue loads of posts "We will win the league in a canter", despite loads worried about Craig Wighton scoring 2 goals vs Alloa for our main challengers who will be 8 points behind if they win their game in hand (vs Dundee at EEP)

5 minutes ago, hearts00 said:

Can we also discuss corners please. 

What was it 16 last week and 14 this week? Not a single header won or chance created. 

what on earth is that all about?

Bang on 

3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Today we only had one fully fit striker. 

Not having that one. Naismith looked excellent with Boyce last season, the odd time they played together. Kasteneer apparently can play up front as well. I didn’t mind the 4-2–3-1 to start of with but it was done a few games ago for me. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I think Nando and Boyce will be good front two pairing. 

I think it’s pretty ridiculous that a team with our finances can only have two strikers........ and don’t we have any youth nowadays !

5 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think Nando and Boyce will be good front two pairing. 

We only have 2 strikers at the club ffs.

41 minutes ago, merrymac said:

And McEneff one of our best attacking threats ended up as holding midfielder for a spell in the second half when we needed to break them down

Midfield, more often than not, just becomes a congested free-for-all... and then they just get in each other’s way. Need to change this sh*** formation, it’s just not working and teams are finding it too easy suss out.

What would also help is our players taking their chance first time! And not trying to take a touch first... lost count how many times this was the case today!

5 minutes ago, flem said:

Correct answer, especially when teams are sitting with everyone behind the ball 👍

It’s got to the stage where Robbie is just trying to be too clever and for whatever reason seems desperate to keep the same formation. 

Neil Dongcaster
6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Is changing your mind the same as jumping ship? If that’s true then everyone that didn’t want Levein sacked before his first match jumped ship at some point. 

I wasn’t particularly excited at Neilson coming back but I understood the rational that getting out of this league at the first attempt was the key driver. Neilson has done that twice already. 

As I’ve said before he’s not getting sacked while we are on track to achieve that. On that basis I’ll judge him over the season. 

That’s your opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Midfield, more often than not, just becomes a congested free-for-all... and then they just get in each other’s way. Need to change this sh*** formation, it’s just not working and teams are finding it too easy suss out.

What would also help is our players taking their chance first time! And not trying to take a touch first... lost count how many times this was the case today!

Good post. 

23 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

We drew again today, poor result decent performance imo. 

Need to be more clinical and score when dominating, no doubt we will. 

We are top. 

Savage and Robbie are just in the door. 

I'm giving them a chance. 

I'm not going to rehash the same debate everytime we don't win a game. 

It's boring. 

Today, I don't think Naismith adds much in these games. 

Had to find someone to blame. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Many can & do - it's just your spin to justify another night in the trenches in yet another attritional battle to have the last word with the critics. You must have your trousers down at yer ankles on nights like this. 

I'll worry about next season in the summer - hopefully the DoF/AB & Savage are working with a bit more foresight that you then. That bunch have zero chance of avoiding a relegation dogfight. 

"we beat hibs and drew with Celtic over 120".... and yet, the football against mediocre (at best) opposition in a glorified pub league is consistently poor. But yeah "unbeaten in 5" as you put it - as though Hearts were playing in the Champions league. 

Unbeaten in 5 was posted  to correct someone who said we hadn't won in 3 games..... So calm yourself to panic. 

If you're imagining me with my trousers at my ankles then you have  a issue. 

ofc Savage and Robbie will be planning with next season in mind, they are employed by Hearts. 

Robbie has done this before, with us if you remember. 

Your post is just an emotional breakdown with no real point at all. 

Kind of post that screams to me that you actually wish we were beat today so you could go tonto and full Robbie oot mode, maybe with your trousers on your head? 

I have an imagination as well. 👍

2 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We only have 2 strikers at the club ffs.

I think it’s time to play both of them together, when fit. I would argue you can still play Naismith as striker but not for 90 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

2 games..

Unbeaten in 5.

Beat Ayr 1-0 then 2 x 1-1?

Yeah you are right. It’s still not good enough though right?

Just now, Gambo said:

When was last time we utilised him as an out and out striker?

Just now, NANOJAMBO said:

You should tell Neilson. 

Somebody should tell Neilson. It is so obvious, every time they play close together, that Naismth and Boyce would make a fantastic partnership. Unfortunately we only see snippets of it in games where plan A has gone tits up. 

2 minutes ago, Neil Dongcaster said:

That’s your opinion. 

It's inconceivable he'll be sacked when he's on track for (or achieves) promotion.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Had to find someone to blame. 

Not blaming anyone. 

In fact Robbie should have kept walker in and left Naismith out imo. 

Naismith has been poor, not a great decision by Robbie imo. 

Still created enough to win the game tho, poor finishing cost us. 

Midfield Dynamo

We had plenty of possession and never took our chances today.

Morton sat in and rode their luck.

GMS, Naismith & Halliday need to start performing. 

This season was always going to be tough one and I think we will win the league with 3 or 4 games to go.

The boo boys need to lay off RN.......the guys on the park are 100% responsible for today’s result.

Edited by Midfield Dynamo

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Not blaming anyone. 

In fact Robbie should have kept walker in and left Naismith out imo. 

Naismith has been poor, not a great decision by Robbie imo. 

Still created enough to win the game tho, poor finishing cost us. 

Naismith the problem then?. 

Neil Dongcaster
Just now, davemclaren said:

Correct. You’e coming to terms with this concept. 😄

:lol:

Oh Dave, what are you like. You truly are the Jim Traynor of Hearts.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Valois No1 said:

Yeah you are right. It’s still not good enough though right?

Time will tell, the league table is what matters. 

I don't think we'll win every game in a football season, so when we draw it's not a massive shock to me. Disappointing today, but the league table is what matters. 

Just now, Neil Dongcaster said:

:lol:

Oh Dave, what are you like. You truly are the Jim Traynor of Hearts.

He’s a lot older and richer than me. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Somebody should tell Neilson. It is so obvious, every time they play close together, that Naismth and Boyce would make a fantastic partnership. Unfortunately we only see snippets of it in games where plan A has gone tits up. 

I agree - but in the end, RN will get promotion in spite of his reluctance to really have a go (if playing two up top is "really having a go"). Naismith is a square peg in a round hole in RNs rigid thinking  & I think Neilson will bin him completely next season. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I think it’s time to play both of them together, when fit. I would argue you can still play Naismith as striker but not for 90 minutes. 

Robbie identified in the press during the week that Boyce was being given too much to do. He then plays Naismith out of position (again) today and leaves him on for 90. Whether Gnando is the partner needed for Boyce remains to be seen but the answer was staring Robbie in the face today and he chose to stick to a system, that he already accepts, doesn’t get the best out of Boyce. 

Just now, Back of the Bus said:

I’d give my right nut for a slice of gegenpressing right now. 

I would have given both nuts for it at the St Mirren match. 

1 minute ago, NANOJAMBO said:

I agree - but in the end, RN will get promotion in spite of his reluctance to really have a go (if playing two up top is "really having a go"). Naismith is a square peg in a round hole in RNs rigid thinking  & I think Neilson will bin him completely next season. 

I think you’re probably right. 

6 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

You have to question the thinking why we have brought in 5 wide men but only 1 forward?

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Robbie identified in the press during the week that Boyce was being given too much to do. He then plays Naismith out of position (again) today and leaves him on for 90. Whether Gnando is the partner needed for Boyce remains to be seen but the answer was staring Robbie in the face today and he chose to stick to a system, that he already accepts, doesn’t get the best out of Boyce. 

... or Naismith. 

Neil Dongcaster
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He’s a lot older and richer than me. 

He did have the sense to ask Rangers for a salary eventually to be fair.

Just now, Gambo said:

You have to question the thinking why we have brought in 5 wide men but only 1 forward?

Well two of the five are shite, one is injured and, for some unknown reason, he insists on playing two. Only leaves two.

Just now, Gambo said:

I’m more hopeful we have brought in a decent forward. The best of our wide players got himself injured and we loaned out Roberts so we only have 3 at the moment, by my counting. 

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Time will tell, the league table is what matters. 

I don't think we'll win every game in a football season, so when we draw it's not a massive shock to me. Disappointing today, but the league table is what matters. 

Yeah I suppose. I am getting twitchy about the league. All things considered if other teams win their games in hand then I think we have a 7 point lead which isn’t huge. 

4 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Naismith?

Deffo ,  he can’t play in plastic pitches and maybe can’t play to many consecutive games as his legs can’t manage but we should have youth coming through that’s what worries me not just on the strikers but all over. After all we are supposed to have a good youth system!

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I would have given both nuts for it at the St Mirren match. 

Yeah an obika handball, a last minute penalty denied i see what you mean dave 

Now mister do i have to give you a warning for taking this thread of topic, read the rules 😝

Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah an obika handball, a last minute penalty denied i see what you mean dave 

Now mister do i have to give you a warning for taking this thread of topic, read the rules 😝

Hope you’re not blaming the referee for losing.