• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• GinRummy

• sadj

• davemclaren

31 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I don't think Mceneff will be a starter for a few weeks at least, going by what Neilson said about him not playing properly since December. Stupid to rush him into a full game just yet, i suppose. 

Yeah, I get that.... but I would like to see him start and (even if it is only 45minutes he's good for) give him the first 45. The games where we've played best, is when we get on the score sheet first and quickly (inside the first 20 mins or there about). Either, teams seem to capitulate or we get a bit confidence and go on to win well. Same could be said for Haring possibly? .... McEneff would just gives us an injection of positive play (going on what limited time he's had), that I think has been lacking. I'd rather we started well, than start poor/negatively and end up throwing him on if we're chasing the game like last week.

20 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ayr? 

Inflicted their first defeat at home on them for ages, good away win imo. 

QoS, if we score first we batter them, we didn't. It happens. Draw was OK. 

You're easily pleased. 

The Apprentice

Hoping for much more from GMS if he starts tomorrow. You can say he's short of fitness/match practice but he's been very poor, especially last Friday when Willie Gibson marked him out of the game. 

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Does anyone know if Gnanduillet is still injured? Robbie makes no mention of his only mentions Souttar. 

You could see him taking part in full training with the rest of the team in the video released a couple of days ago. 

1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

Sure someone will be along to answer that soon. Have you noticed we don’t seem to get injury updates as often as we used to though? Not complaining btw, just an observation. 

Just as well really because invariably they are a load of rubbish anyway.

Robbie's famous line on Ginnelly, he has a 50/50 chance of being available for Saturday and then the player is out for the rest of ther season.

17 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

You could see him taking part in full training with the rest of the team in the video released a couple of days ago. 

Cheers, I missed that video.

Kidd’s Boots
2 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

It is, but doubt whether he will drop Irving and Halliday at the same time. 

Plus the fact that no matter how shite our midfield are Haring just sits on that bench for ninety minutes. 

Really get the feeling that Neilson is actually worried about putting him on which if that is the case what is the point of him taking up a subs position. 

I read on here that RN explained Haring was fit but needed to be patient for his chance. This is the chance for me, and will send a message to Halliday, Irving or both that starting places are up for grabs. 

30 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

Hoping for much more from GMS if he starts tomorrow. You can say he's short of fitness/match practice but he's been very poor, especially last Friday when Willie Gibson marked him out of the game. 

He really needs to man up a bit he seems such a big girls blouse falling over anytime someone looks at him and not getting the fouls.

Ref's notice that sort of thing and often when there is a genuine foul they don't give it because they think the players is trying it on. 

Willie Gibson is 36 and matched or betterd him for pace and out muscled him most of the game.

Kidd’s Boots
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

I would definitely try Haring and McEneff together... provided they're fit of course. If Haring isn't up to it, I would change Halliday for McEneff.

Up front hopefully Nando is back, I'm desperate to see if he and Boyce can get some sort of partnership going.

I'm keen to see how Boyce and Gnanduillet will get on too, but when they did play that one game together they both were looking to get in the same area, often getting in each other's way and squandering the chance. I think Gnanduillet would benefit from Naismith talking him through a 45min spell, playing off him up front and giving him a steer as to what and where to expect a strike partner as Boyce doesn't strike me a the type to do it. If we can get the 3 of them in the same wavelength then options are better than we've had for a while. Agree about McEneff, he is certainly the guy to make that midfield tick.

21 minutes ago, Kidd’s Boots said:

I read on here that RN explained Haring was fit but needed to be patient for his chance. This is the chance for me, and will send a message to Halliday, Irving or both that starting places are up for grabs. 

Pretty sure he is now waiting for Haring to be introduced to a game that we are well in command with a good lead,sadly not been the case recently.

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

I have just had a look at the video on Hearts Twitter from them indoors at the Orium and I couldn't see him. Was there more than one video?

Is this the video?

Edited by wavydavy

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, The Tackle said:

You're easily pleased. 

Not really, just think being 13 points clear is decent. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

He said underperformers. You can still have multiple underperformers in a side that beat Ayr 1-0. 

I don't think it was an under performance Tbh. 

We won't win every game by a big score, in fact we won't win every game. I don't expect us to. 

Solid, professional 3 points imo. 

Tommorrow, I expect a comfortable win. 

3-0 us. 

2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

He really needs to man up a bit he seems such a big girls blouse falling over anytime someone looks at him and not getting the fouls.

Ref's notice that sort of thing and often when there is a genuine foul they don't give it because they think the players is trying it on. 

Willie Gibson is 36 and matched or betterd him for pace and out muscled him most of the game.

He really needs to show a lot more and also be a bit braver. 

At times so far he has looked scared of his own shadow. 

6 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not sure he mentions he will be fit for tomorrow though that I could see.

RN doesn't... Edinburgh Live states he may start 🤷‍♂️

avhudtheteeshirt

This could be a good weekend for Hearts!

Dumfie have a local derby, Dundee v QotS who are going well, and Raith away to Arbroath not a good place to go?

A good win for Hearts 3-1 and let the others fight amongst themselves!!!!!

25 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

No, the Edinburgh Live article that I posted the link to:

That’s where Aaron McEneff is likely to come in.

The new signing has appeared twice off the bench and could be handed his first start against Morton tomorrow.

Regardless, Neilson sees him as being integral to his plans going forward.

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

The new signing has appeared twice off the bench and could be handed his first start against Morton tomorrow.

If true, and Irving is dropped then I'm gonna do  2 +2 to get 114 and say Irving is a gonner as he's not signing an extension. 

27 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

Does anyone know if Gnanduillet is still injured? Robbie makes no mention of his only mentions Souttar. 

This was what I was asking not about McEneff.

I'd be dropping Irving and Halliday anyway, just to shake things up a bit. White would be my preference to Halliday, he can tackle, likes to get forward and has some pace. Halliday looks like he's blowing oot his erse at the moment, probably down to not having a pre-season or involved in football for about six months before signing. I think it's caught up with him. As for Irving...his head's not in the right place at the minute so i'd be dropping a might-be-here-next-season-if-naeone-comes-in-for-me for a player like McEneff who's actually signed a contract and will be here, desperate to get stuck in and make an impact. Haring can then come on to replace either of them if they're knackered.

Edited by jambonian

Morton will have took note of Ayr and QotS's tactics and I expect them to copy exactly how they went about it, I still think we will win and that's because we have home advantage and they are in familiar surroundings 

8 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

You do have a good point but I'm never keen on planning on subbing people that early. 

Think the last one was Peter Harring. Not played since. 

9 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Think the last one was Peter Harring. Not played since. 

Yeah, but he’s been an ever present on the bench since (and not been used). Surely he must be, at least, nearly match ready. Bit of a strange one there, his last game was poor but there has been a couple of posts since, regarding his attitude in training!? If he’s not fully fit why is he on the bench but not being used? You would think he would be getting some game time to build himself up... I mean, that would be the point of having on the bench, wouldn’t it?

10 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah, but he’s been an ever present on the bench since (and not been used). Surely he must be, at least, nearly match ready. Bit of a strange one there, his last game was poor but there has been a couple of posts since, regarding his attitude in training!? If he’s not fully fit why is he on the bench but not being used? You would think he would be getting some game time to build himself up... I mean, that would be the point of having on the bench, wouldn’t it?

Missed the posts about attitude, would find that hard to believe. 

2 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Missed the posts about attitude, would find that hard to believe. 

Agree... he doesn’t seem the ‘type’ does he, plus to come through what he has takes a fair amount of mental toughness, I would have thought. IMO I think he’s fit enough... just not getting game time for some reason. Just find it a bit odd. 

Just now, Rogue Daddy said:

Agree... he doesn’t seem the ‘type’ does he, plus to come through what he has takes a fair amount of mental toughness, I would have thought. IMO I think he’s fit enough... just not getting game time for some reason. Just find it a bit odd. 

I think he had a bit of a blow out in the first half against Dundee and probably put his hand up to say, look im way off the pace, I'm not upto this yet. Maybe.

3 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I think he had a bit of a blow out in the first half against Dundee and probably put his hand up to say, look im way off the pace, I'm not upto this yet. Maybe.

Possibly... but you would have thought he would’ve been coming off the bench for some game time. Who knows.... I really thought he was going to be big player for us this year. Maybe next season is a bit more realistic. 

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Possibly... but you would have thought he would’ve been coming off the bench for some game time. Who knows.... I really thought he was going to be big player for us this year. Maybe next season is a bit more realistic. 

Hope so. Doesn't come across as a wage theif

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Psychedelicropcircle said:

Chances of some HMFC entertainment🧐

Don't get this attitude especially at home. 

Some really entertaining games and lots of goals, too many at our end imo, but hardly dull 

5 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I have just had a look at the video on Hearts Twitter from them indoors at the Orium and I couldn't see him. Was there more than one video?

Is this the video?

Nah. The video I thought I saw was the players training outdoors doing a rondo. Can't find it anywhere but I remember specially noticing his AG initials and being pleased to see him back.

I'm either starting to hallucinate after months of lockdown stuck in the house with my kids or saw a video from a while ago or Hearts deleted it. Option A is seeming very possible.

1 minute ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Scotland no 1

smithy halkett pope Kingsley 

walker mcenuff Irving Gms

Boycie big fella

go at thum 

That would do. My only slight reservations would be Irving (head might not be in it) and i would prefer Naismith up front with Boyce.  

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

That would do. My only slight reservations would be Irving (head might not be in it) and i would prefer Naismith up front with Boyce.  

Agree re Naisy needs to be right up top these days and would still get goals 

9 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Scotland no 1

Boycie big fella

go at thum 

Yip get right in there faces this sideway passing is getting on my nerves.

18 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Scotland no 1

Boycie big fella

go at thum 

That's what I would go with too but can't see the big man starting tbh. 

2 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

That's what I would go with too but can't see the big man starting tbh. 

Agree , would be even surprised if he was a sub .

Not that he deserves it on past performances I would definitely play GMS - if he can’t do the business against Morton, at home, on a decent grass pitch then we could have a dud on our hands.

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ayr? 

Inflicted their first defeat at home on them for ages, good away win imo. 

QoS, if we score first we batter them, we didn't. It happens. Draw was OK. 

Go on Tosh you tell em! 😂😂😂

Nelly Terraces

Looking forward to seeing our new signings, brought in to improve our squad, all starting, and us playing the exciting brand of attacking football Robbie is talking about. 

I’d just love to see more attacking football from the players. None of that stupid passing game like last week. Haring has to play this game. Also Mcenef from that start. Still not sure about GMS. He was shite last week. If he’s fit Gnandulliet up front with Naismith & Boyce. **** it go for broke with three strikers. 

1-3-4-3. 

Couldnt cope watching another game like last week. 

tenor.gif