***Official Ayr v Hearts match day thread***

GinRummy

2 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Elephant in the room time.

Gnanduillet looked no more a footballer than me 🤷🏻‍♂️

Match fitness etc. His record is enough for me at the moment, tonight wasn't the right game to throw him in im afraid, I do hope find it hard to judge players in this league and the current setting 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• Hearts007

• Bazzas right boot

• sadj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sub4TiddlerMurray
4 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Had a few beers so not gonna try type new wingers name but saw more in 30 mins from him than Frear and Roberts. 

Also after a few beers, I agree 

12 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Yes I noticed this as well tonight....oopps

Edited by assessor
Spelling

59 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

Too many virtual reality managers/players on here.  Not a red blaize sufferer among them.

I'd forgotten all about that stuff Colin......and really didn't want to remember.

For those who don't know...a junior or non-league game in Glasgow was often on a red cinder pitch which removed the skin from any part of the body that even vaguely came in contact with it, resulting in blood everywhere.  Somebody, somewhere, had decided that was a good way to make use of (get rid of?) the old steel furnace cinders.

50 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Another excellent 3 points on a shitty pitch in shitty weather against a shitty team. Two debuts. Clean sheet. Defence looking much more solid.

Sorry but I thought Popescu was decidedly dodgy!

19 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

Yet he did scoring two crackers against Raith.

He had zero service and made some good runs with Boyce making a hash of the pass.

Not a night for making judgements on new players IMO.

Edited by Thomaso

5 minutes ago, DesertDawg said:

I'd forgotten all about that stuff Colin......and really didn't want to remember.

For those who don't know...a junior or non-league game in Glasgow was often on a red cinder pitch which removed the skin from any part of the body that even vaguely came in contact with it, resulting in blood everywhere.  Somebody, somewhere, had decided that was a good way to make use of (get rid of?) the old steel furnace cinders.

The SFA!

Francis Albert
16 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

How many goals have you scored in the senior game? He made some decent runs today. But got not one decent pass.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry but I thought Popescu was decidedly dodgy!

He reminds me of Dikamona, you just have to accept there's gonna be one cock up every match, he puts his body on the line for the cause however. Prefer over Berra and stats back that up, I find him passive now, there's not too many obvious errors but all round play is slow and lethargic.

Just now, Thomaso said:

Yet he did scoring two crackers against Ayr.

He has zero service and made some good runs with Boyce making a hash of the pass.

Not a night for making judgements on new players IMO.

There were at least 3 occasions when he made good movement and got between defenders when Irving had the ball wide, and Irving checked inside and played the ball backwards, as he did the majority of his possession. 

1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Fair enough there was an even worse decision not to give a free kick for a shocker against Boyce on the edge of their box too (not even a free kick never mind a card was awarded/issued). For once Neilson was right to rage against the officials.

When you saw a replay of that tackle it was an ankle breaker and a red card!

Just now, Jambo92 said:

He reminds me of Dikamona, you just have to accept there's gonna be one cock up every match, he puts his body on the line for the cause however. Prefer over Berra and stats back that up, I find him passive now, there's not too many obvious errors but all round play is slow and lethargic.

He reminds me of Zal in his early days.  All a lack of concentration

1 hour ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Neilson dishes out absolute pelters for the refs every week and gets booked constantly. I’m starting to like the cut of his jib. I think he actually likes getting booked because end of the day, who gives a **** if a manager gets booked? What’s the point of booking a manager? he’s no on the park :lol: might as well book a fan

Apart from being banned from the touchline.....

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

As everyone is in agreement with, so justice was done.  Are we not allowed to debate other questionable refereeing decisions though?  Surely that’s what a fan’s discussion forum is for?

That Haliday booking and foul was the best.   What view he had I don't know.   I will have to watch it back again to analyse what he thought went down.    At first I thought he gave it against walker.   Maybe he did, but booked Haliday for swearing. 

Tonight was much like last Saturday. Performance - not great. Result - job done. 

The conditions were difficult tonight so I don't think it's appropriate to be overly critical of the team. Hopefully we'll play a bit better at Palmerston next week.

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

The difference is that we know what GMS is / was capable of so people are more likely to give him time. 

Hope he hasn’t lost it - up until now he has just been......a wimp!

3 minutes ago, No Idle Talk said:

Tonight was much like last Saturday. Performance - not great. Result - job done. 

The conditions were difficult tonight so I don't think it's appropriate to be overly critical of the team. Hopefully we'll play a bit better at Palmerston next week.

On plastic which may help our passing game as per Starks Park.

38 minutes ago, ShedBoy said:

When you have a big striker and don’t really look to find him with crosses he’s going to struggle. My only minor criticism of him tonight was he didn’t really work the centre half’s physically. Gave up on balls he might have made a pest of himself with on occasion. Not really a game to judge him on. Not really a game to judge anyone on, although one or two seemed to lap it up.

Edited by JimmyCant

This place can be incredible, people forgetting all the 1-0 wins we had last time we were in this league. Keep winning that’s the most important thing, look at the table. We will need to get our act together next season without a doubt. Popescu concerns me, but Souttar will be back soon 

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Another poor performance with the luck of a dodgy penalty. Hardly a shot on target and another game where supposed good players don't turn up. Big difference in attitude after McEneff came on. Why take off Irvine when Boyce was not cutting it?

Because Irving was poor today. 

Not rocket science. 

Bazzas right boot
20 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

He reminds me of Zal in his early days.  All a lack of concentration

Yip 100= for me as well. 

Looks like Maldini one minute then brain farts kick in. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yip 100= for me as well. 

Looks like Maldini one minute then brain farts kick in. 

No. Popescu is shit. Well below the level I expect of a Hearts centre back. 

Shows how far gone Berra is he is somehow a better option. 

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

No. Popescu is shit. Well below the level I expect of a Hearts centre back. 

Shows how far gone Berra is he is somehow a better option. 

Zal was very young when he was like that them matured, Popescu clearly hasn't. 

I'd still have Berra in the team over him. 

Next season, none  are good enough tho. 

2 minutes ago, Barack said:

By Maldini, I assume you mean Cesare?!🤔

I mean't Paulo, but only when he's getting 10/10.

Edited by Smith's right boot

Going back to the handball penalty.   Not looking for discussion there about a hand.   What I did notice was Armand had his shirt pulled by the Ayr player marking him.   Therefore a foul >penalty> yellow card. 

End of discussion.   ☺. I will accept any comments. 

1-0 away from home in crap conditions, denied a clear pen and a red card decision. Two new guys looked useful although not sure why we bring on a winger at the same time as we take of the big lad. Have to say CG caused us more problems with his kick outs than their forwards did. All in all good night with bags of potential to improve. MOTM between Walker and Boyce. Think Boyce shaded it. Squad now looks stronger and dare I say hungrier. 

jamboinglasgow

Hate windy games, destroys any chance of a decent game. But its a good win because it can also be a leveler and allow us to slip up. But I thought after a tough first half where we made hard work of it (which playing into the wind may have a big factor) I thought we controlled the second half well. 

Also the fact we have gone from 7 games without a clean sheet to 3 clean sheets in a row is credit to how we have sorted out our biggest weakness. 

It wasn't pretty but it was effective and allowed the new guys to get a run out. I also can see the early signs of a partnership between Boyce and Gnanduillet, just need a little more understanding between each other and they will be formidable. 

Bass

Turt

Thing!

I had a tenner on us winning 5-1 @ 50’s!

WTF Robbie???

OK I’ll take the win & the 3 points n STFU!

Still think we should have made a better effort to line ma coffers though !

Not the best performance overall and the conditions didn't help, but that shouldn't be an excuse. 3 points closer to getting out this tinpot league 

7 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Does it matter,he's allowed to sit in the stand. With no crowd there will be no problem hearing him.

7 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

There were at least 3 occasions when he made good movement and got between defenders when Irving had the ball wide, and Irving checked inside and played the ball backwards, as he did the majority of his possession. 

Didn’t think Irving was as good last night. As you say, always erred on the side of caution ie. passing back. Was also getting annoyed at him not using his right peg for even simple passes.... which usually led to the passing back. 

7 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Hope he hasn’t lost it - up until now he has just been......a wimp!

Underwhelming so far. Beginning to worry about him stepping-up to the league above given his contribution in recent games.

10 hours ago, DG_HMFC said:

Good result, take that all day long.

Ayr's unbeaten home record gone, definitely a tricky game in horrendous conditions.

The wind last night definitely didn't help but as everyone has said, another important win for us on the road to the title.

7 hours ago, Perrykitch said:

This place can be incredible, people forgetting all the 1-0 wins we had last time we were in this league. Keep winning that’s the most important thing, look at the table. We will need to get our act together next season without a doubt. Popescu concerns me, but Souttar will be back soon 

I fear with the injuries Soapy will become another Berra. I hope I'm wrong and he finds his form again.

1 hour ago, Captain Sausage said:

Shite conditions. 
Shite game. 
3 points. 

Will take more of the same pls. 

.......shite referee. If he had given Hearts the penalty  in the 1st half it would have been a different game. Great result and we are where we should be, top of the league by a country mile. 

A_A wehatethehibs
8 hours ago, Thomaso said:

Which if you think about it, makes basically **** all difference? Not as though we’re down to 10 men? He can still go in the dressing room and Jig can do a job on the touchline. What I’m saying is, pelters for these shite bag referees every week, I can relate to that. He speaks for me! 

Mid Calder Jambo
8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

This year every game is about a win and not a performance. 3 points each time we play and move on to the next game that does me.

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Which if you think about it, makes basically **** all difference? Not as though we’re down to 10 men? He can still go in the dressing room and Jig can do a job on the touchline. What I’m saying is, pelters for these shite bag referees every week, I can relate to that. He speaks for me! 

This is pretty much where I’m at. Why some folk think any different is beyond me. Couldn’t give a toss about SFA fines or if RN had to watch a few games from the stands. 

8 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Sorry to say it, but with Berra - last night and last Saturday are games we would have went one or two down, and spent the rest of the match chasing the game. But now we've sorted the defence and had 3 clean sheets, on our not-so-good performances, we can still grind out a win.

8 hours ago, Jambo92 said:

Big Zal was the same. Had the odd bombscare moments in his first season with us then was solid

11 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

And so what if he is in the stand instead of the dugout? With no fans there it really shouldn't be hard to be heard from row 10. Best season ever to let referees know they're shi#e😀

36 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Sorry to say it, but with Berra - last night and last Saturday are games we would have went one or two down, and spent the rest of the match chasing the game. But now we've sorted the defence and had 3 clean sheets, on our not-so-good performances, we can still grind out a win.

The clean sheets are also against 3 of the 4 teams directly below us. 

We won the last championship on 22 March, this could be quicker. 

Ex member of the SaS

Ok it was another win that could easily have gone the other way. Once the new players get up to speed we will hopefully see a much improved side. Robbie needs to sort out forward movement, not enough players forward or in the box. Once Jamie made a run and was near the touchline, not another Hearts player anywhere near. We won't score with no players in the box for crosses. My biggest criticism was Boyce many claiming he is a wonder player but for me with the ball at his feet and running he is like Bamby on ice. Too many poor passes or taking the wrong option. Number 10 is wrong and he should be in the box with another striker as poking the ball home is about his strength. Naismith should not have come on but if he had to, Boyce was the obvious replacement.

Too many silly mistake that will punish us in other games.

1 minute ago, Harry Potter said:

Aye a good win ri, were you working ?

Absolutely knackered, HP. Fell asleep and missed it. The Iplayer only put it back on this morning. I've been up all night checking for it, anaw :D

1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Absolutely knackered, HP. Fell asleep and missed it. The Iplayer only put it back on this morning. I've been up all night checking for it, anaw :D

Working too hard, take care.