Players Attitude & Application

Rudy T

Lord Beni of Gorgie

In these strange times folk need to accept a few shit performances. 

Some games inevitably feel like training matches. 

So long as the job is completed we need to get over ourselves. 

1 hour ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

Any idea how hard it was for him to get over his last injury mate ? Round and round in circles, he isn't the only player that is looking to find top form.

It i all down to the long lay off and the lack of fans atmosphere all that type background, i see a player who has had pot shots chances facing goalies who are having worldies game after game.

Any of them go in, then it will be two a game ratio. His attitude may look casual, i doubt it though. Always easier to watch someone apply themself than do it yourself.

So many factors effect all players right now, one of the main ones is the long lay off last year.

I totally understand that he's had a difficult few years. The moves down south never really worked, plus the injuries. I get that things haven't went as planned for him. I'm sure he wishes, in the nicest way possible, that he was playing down south still and making a proper career, like Sam Nicholson, who hit the nail on the head when he said he didn't want to return to the goldfish bowl so early.

I recall Jamie playing with a lot more energy and directness, but he's lost a lot of it. He's been back here a year and a half now, and still has yet to really recapture his form. As I said, nothing wrong with someone like Jamie being quite laid back and casual, but he needs to be prepared to take the criticism if he's not playing well, and prove people wrong.

I think many forget that one of the biggest, laziest ****ers we've had in recent years was Rudi. But he scored nearly every game, and single handedly won games with his goals. If he didn't play well, he'd have got chewed for arse paper by our fans.

quockerwodgerjambo
20 minutes ago, Locky said:

I totally understand that he's had a difficult few years. The moves down south never really worked, plus the injuries. I get that things haven't went as planned for him. I'm sure he wishes, in the nicest way possible, that he was playing down south still and making a proper career, like Sam Nicholson, who hit the nail on the head when he said he didn't want to return to the goldfish bowl so early.

I recall Jamie playing with a lot more energy and directness, but he's lost a lot of it. He's been back here a year and a half now, and still has yet to really recapture his form. As I said, nothing wrong with someone like Jamie being quite laid back and casual, but he needs to be prepared to take the criticism if he's not playing well, and prove people wrong.

I think many forget that one of the biggest, laziest ****ers we've had in recent years was Rudi. But he scored nearly every game, and single handedly won games with his goals. If he didn't play well, he'd have got chewed for arse paper by our fans.

A chunk of that he has been out injured and also the lay off due to Covid.