• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quockerwodgerjambo

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• sadj

6 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

Cheers mate. The comment was made on the spur of the moment and I should have checked my facts before posting. Just seemed to be watching a lot of missed opportunities from a lot of corners. I now stand corrected and will go sit in the dunces corner. Cheers. 

Remember your pointy hat now! (not implying you're in the KKK!!!)

1 hour ago, Shug73 said:

3rd goal, Jamie Walker must have won us possession like that 4 or 5 times in the game.  Could argue he should have done better with it on each occasion, but that's more like what we need from Jamie.

Berra than you
4 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Worth watching the build-up to Boyce's goal whilst concentrating only on Smith.

Great movement.

The no look pass to Smith from Boyce aswell 🥰

2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

The bloke who streams on Facebook had 1900 viewers at one point. He also replicates the Tynecastle experience by having an angry sweary guy to watch the match with.

The main thing is Raith didn’t get these fans money.

Added bonus! 😊

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Needed Air Traffic Control clearance here.

20210127_101107.jpg

The top of his head is higher than the bar! 😲

13 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Worth watching the build-up to Boyce's goal whilst concentrating only on Smith.

Great movement.

Boyce both made and scored that goal! It was a great effort by him (and Smith as you point out.)

11 minutes ago, Barack said:

20210127_101107.jpg

Nobody is beating that guy in the air when he gets up like that. A real threat if he gets some space in the box. Also a great asset defending corners. 

31 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Agreed but that’s cause we didn’t let them play. We came out with a higher tempo and shut them down higher up the park.

With the players we have at our disposal this is what we should be doing against every team we come up against. As the teams in this league don’t have the players or the ability to play out of those situations.

On Saturday we allowed them to impose their game on us. It didn’t help that we looked particularly suspect at the back and lost an early goal. 

If we go out with the same intensity and tempo against Dunfermline I would bet money the same will happen.

Sorry, bud, I’m not being negative but I don’t wholly think it was down to us pushing Raith back.  They seemed well off the pace and sat far too deep against us. 

I don’t understand teams like Raith when they do that?  Every team wants to play from their own 6 yard box now. It’s crazy.  They aren’t good enough.

They offered us on top of them around their box(which I’m glad about) and put themselves under pressure constantly.  Why play like that against a much better team? Why aren’t they squeezing up and playing more direct to a guy upfront who could be a handful?

We came out, took advantage and we can thank them for helping us grow in confidence. They couldn’t get near us as we settled down and knocked it around.   

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, indianajones said:

Jamie Walker just needs emptied full stop. 

Has and always will be a waste of a jersey. Liability. 

He won the ball back well and almost scored himself,  had a very fine game in his best position. 

Just goes to prove the bias that exists to suit our own agendas. 

If that is the criticism. I would have picked out hitting the side netting in the first half as his biggest error,  but really a very effective performance from  Walker. 

Personally feel he should play against weaker sides where Naismith feels bored and Naismith against stronger teams where Walker finds it tougher 

4 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Sorry, bud, I’m not being negative but I don’t wholly think it was down to us pushing Raith back.  They seemed well off the pace and sat far too deep against us. 

I don’t understand teams like Raith when they do that?  Every team wants to play from their own 6 yard box now. It’s crazy.  They aren’t good enough.

They offered us on top of them around their box(which I’m glad about) and put themselves under pressure constantly.  Why play like that against a much better team? Why aren’t they squeezing up and playing more direct to a guy upfront who could be a handful?

We came out, took advantage and we can thank them for helping us grow in confidence. They couldn’t get near us as we settled down and knocked it around.   

I get where you’re coming from and I think sometimes watching games it seems like that. However I think how another team plays has a massive impact.

As an example this place will lose its shit in games where we’re not attacking and sitting back. Ultimately it’s the manager who has to find the solution but I don’t think in my head that Robbie has said beforehand I want you to sit back and contain teams like Alloa or Arbroath.

It’s not a surprise that the teams we’ve struggled against this year have all pressed us high up the park. The difference is we should have the players to impose our style and not the other way around. 

It might be something we agree to disagree on but I also don’t think McGlynn would rip up his winning tactics from the weekend. They did suffer from Duku not holding the ball up as well as their other striker but that’s it.

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He won the ball back well and almost scored himself,  had a very fine game in his best position. 

Just goes to prove the bias that exists to suit our own agendas. 

If that is the criticism. I would have picked out hitting the side netting in the first half as his biggest error,  but really a very effective performance from  Walker. 

Personally feel he should play against weaker sides where Naismith feels bored and Naismith against stronger teams where Walker finds it tougher 

I'll be honest and say you are bang on with the bias comment. I didnt see much of last nights game so shouldnt comment on his performance yesterday. 

My original post was more of a just in general comment. Should never have been re-signed. 

29 minutes ago, Barack said:

20210127_101107.jpg

Get good balls into the box - he’s 7ft 4 in that picture, be a nightmare for defenders 

Diadora Van Basten
23 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Boyce both made and scored that goal! It was a great effort by him (and Smith as you point out.)

Boyce was my man of the match and he only played an hour.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

There can be little doubt now,  we don't lack ability rather than motivation. 

Some grumbles over the 2nd half are ridiculous and unrealistic. 

You don't need to and most definitely should not be wasting energy nor risking injury with another vital match 4 days away. 

However expect to see us motivated on Saturday, taking us past half way with the deal really sealed. 

This team needs targets or it drifts, current circumstances are not helping,  no fears on the quality or style of the team, goals tally is impressive 

20 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just think. The money you gave to these shitehawks could have been donated to FOH instead.

Short memory eh ? 

Fire stick for me, great coverage and they didn't get a penny.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, indianajones said:

I'll be honest and say you are bang on with the bias comment. I didnt see much of last nights game so shouldnt comment on his performance yesterday. 

My original post was more of a just in general comment. Should never have been re-signed. 

Fair play. 

I think he is decent against weak sides. Found out twice at Hampden but dominates against Raith and Morton. 

Needs to be played just in behind or not at all. Squad player. Ok for that but not one to hang the hat on.

29 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Nobody is beating that guy in the air when he gets up like that. A real threat if he gets some space in the box. Also a great asset defending corners. 

Who is that standing just in front of McDonald? Could have been a shout for offside or blocking the line of vision. Still a great leap and goal though.

2 hours ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Agree... we didn’t give them a minutes peace. The attitude and work-rate was excellent last night. And missing on Saturday. 

We need exactly the same application this Saturday because Dunfermline are the ones to beat now.

If we win then we give ourselvs a bit more breathing space for the odd slip up.

We will be 12 points ahead of them although they have a game in hand.

4 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Who is that standing just in front of McDonald? Could have been a shout for offside or blocking the line of vision. Still a great leap and goal though.

There's a defender standing on the goal-line so offside not an issue. Really enjoyed last night's performance and hopefully we retain that level of pressing high up the park.

Dare I say, we've got a fight on our hands to keep this guy beyond the duration of his contract?

Might be worth revisiting his contract in the summer to see he we can tack on another year. 

2 hours ago, Kylejordan said:

Glad I’m not the only one who noticed this. Was a hard angle to score from, ended up being a tame effort and just glad it rebounded to the big man. Could so easily of rolled it into him first time. Just selfish play. But sometimes you need that 🤷‍♂️

Just thankfully the game was done by that point as normally we don’t get the breaks from rebounds etc.

maybe our luck is changing but walker is finished imo.

We wanted a reaction to Saturday's disappointment and the players delivered it. I listened on the radio have seldom witnessed such a one-sided match. Ok Raith were poor but it sounded like Hearts blew them away. That's the standard we need and definitely against Dunfermline at the weekend. Three points from that one and we are in a very strong position.

32 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

I get where you’re coming from and I think sometimes watching games it seems like that. However I think how another team plays has a massive impact.

As an example this place will lose its shit in games where we’re not attacking and sitting back. Ultimately it’s the manager who has to find the solution but I don’t think in my head that Robbie has said beforehand I want you to sit back and contain teams like Alloa or Arbroath.

It’s not a surprise that the teams we’ve struggled against this year have all pressed us high up the park. The difference is we should have the players to impose our style and not the other way around. 

It might be something we agree to disagree on but I also don’t think McGlynn would rip up his winning tactics from the weekend. They did suffer from Duku not holding the ball up as well as their other striker but that’s it.

👍🏻

7 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Just thankfully the game was done by that point as normally we don’t get the breaks from rebounds etc.

maybe our luck is changing but walker is finished imo.

Exactly. Would of been furious if it was 1-0 and he did that and didn’t rebound. 
he just looks like he thinks he can stroll through games but surely he must know by now that teams are not going to lie down against us. We are everyone’s cup final. 

23 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Raith player on line to McDonald’s right kept him onside. 

Raith are very good at putting their highlights package together, probably the best. 

Still won’t be giving them a penny ever again. 

40 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Fire stick for me, great coverage and they didn't get a penny.

I'll need to check this as I will not give my hard-earned to the likes of Rat Rovers. I also steer clear of dodgy streams from Kazakhstan!

Pray tell, how does this work on firestick? How did you manage to get this free gratis? If you can divulge on an open forum?

I must confess I didn't bother even looking for this on firestick.

Thanks!

57 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

I was amazed they continued playing from so deep for virtually the whole game. Jamie Macdonald was passing short to defenders left right and centre who either conceded throw inns, corners or possession well into their own territory.At least a long ball might have given them  a little bit more respite.  

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Just think. The money you gave to these shitehawks could have been donated to FOH instead.

Short memory eh ? 

Its possible to do both

1 hour ago, Barack said:

20210127_101107.jpg

Oh man his head looks higher than the crossbar,  pleased indeed 👍

16 minutes ago, John Rambo said:

I'll need to check this as I will not give my hard-earned to the likes of Rat Rovers. I also steer clear of dodgy streams from Kazakhstan!

Pray tell, how does this work on firestick? How did you manage to get this free gratis? If you can divulge on an open forum?

I must confess I didn't bother even looking for this on firestick.

Thanks!

Have a look on the IPTV thread in the shed. A fellow Hearts fan sorted me out.

3 minutes ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Have a look on the IPTV thread in the shed. A fellow Hearts fan sorted me out.

Much obliged Mr Burgundy.

36 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Exactly. Would of been furious if it was 1-0 and he did that and didn’t rebound. 
he just looks like he thinks he can stroll through games but surely he must know by now that teams are not going to lie down against us. We are everyone’s cup final. 

Spot on!! We are the old firm of that league that everyone wants to beat.

this is the reason I’ve always went on about playing at a high tempo from the Start in our games, I was delighted to hear we did last night.

play like that in our remaining games and we will go unbeaten.

11 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

Spot on!! We are the old firm of that league that everyone wants to beat.

this is the reason I’ve always went on about playing at a high tempo from the Start in our games, I was delighted to hear we did last night.

play like that in our remaining games and we will go unbeaten.

Exactly. We always play best when we are on the front foot, highlight Celtic 4-0. In their faces. You give anyone space and time on the ball and they will look like a decent team/player. It doesn’t matter what league they are in. We have shown we struggle to break teams down when playing through the middle as that’s how teams are gonna set up. Narrow between the penalty box so it’s vital we move the ball quickly, miss out players to get the ball wide and isolate fullbacks in 1v1s. 

52 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Raith highlights 

Cheers for that.👍🏻
great to see Jamie Mac back to his old ways of parrying shots out to the feet of on rushing attackers.😜

4 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Let's get back to the days of blowing these pish outfits out of the water early doors. 

We should be like greyhounds out of the traps every match.

Back to the burley days when the game was won by 30 mins 

2 minutes ago, Kylejordan said:

Exactly. We always play best when we are on the front foot, highlight Celtic 4-0. In their faces. You give anyone space and time on the ball and they will look like a decent team/player. It doesn’t matter what league they are in. We have shown we struggle to break teams down when playing through the middle as that’s how teams are gonna set up. Narrow between the penalty box so it’s vital we move the ball quickly, miss out players to get the ball wide and isolate fullbacks in 1v1s. 

I love when forwards press defenders and a keeper when they have the ball.

the amount of times possession gets turned over in those situations is unreal!!

like you say if you give anyone time to stroll about with the ball they’ll look decent but press them and they don’t know if they’re going for a shite or a haircut!!!

17 minutes ago, 1874robbo said:

I love when forwards press defenders and a keeper when they have the ball.

the amount of times possession gets turned over in those situations is unreal!!

like you say if you give anyone time to stroll about with the ball they’ll look decent but press them and they don’t know if they’re going for a shite or a haircut!!!

Don’t get me wrong it takes a lot to press for 90 minutes high up the pitch but if they break the high press drop off then press as soon as they come into our half. Allows then to attack quickly as they would of left space in behind. 

1 minute ago, Kylejordan said:

Don’t get me wrong it takes a lot to press for 90 minutes high up the pitch but if they break the high press drop off then press as soon as they come into our half. Allows then to attack quickly as they would of left space in behind. 

It’s easier to do if you don’t have an ageing side 😛👍🏻

1 hour ago, Radio Ga Ga said:

Raith are very good at putting their highlights package together, probably the best. 

Still won’t be giving them a penny ever again. 

They put the highlights (usually around 9 mins) on Pie & Bovril match threads quite quickly. Most teams seem to do this so you can see free highlights from most games. The SPFL put weekly goal highlights from all champ/L1/L2 games on their YouTube channel - also free.

Jack Torrance
2 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

Get good balls into the box - he’s 7ft 4 in that picture, be a nightmare for defenders 

He's higher than the crossbar there and that's 8ft. The funny thing is it didn't look like he'd put much effort into the jump, watching it live. It was like he just used the spring in his ankles. Imagine if he needed to stretch or hang in the air for a cross. I wonder what his technique is like.

2 hours ago, Scott980612 said:

It did help that their defending was poor and no-one even tried to challenge him (not suggesting anyone could've out-jumped him! :thumbsup: ) or prevent him getting a free-header. That said, he looks like he'll give any defence nightmares at set-pieces, and in open play too, let's hope!

1 hour ago, Kylejordan said:

Spot on mate.  Your last point is important and one I noticed last night (meant to comment but forgot).

When we're at our ponderous worst, as we hav ebeen a lot in the last couple of years, we pass the ball across the park from side to side, generally in our own half, then someone presses, then we end up launching it.  It goes like this:

RB - RCB - LCB - LB... back to LCB - RCB - RB.  Occasionally a midfielder drops and joins in, but in the same line.

Last night it was noticable that we were missing out a link in that chain.  It's was more of a:

RB - LCB - LB.  Then the Lb has his winger more open because the oppo haven't had the time just to shuffle over.

Missing literally just one link in that chain to get the ball from one side to another is so effective.

Then if you can manage to move that a tough further up the park and have Irving do the spreading, even better.

It's essentially about doing things with a bit more urgency and purpose.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I too believe we should be fast out of the gate.

Suspect having us missing is a factor in most matches not really getting going. Common thing no matter how high the level or low