Official Raith v Hearts ( Tuesday ) Thread

south morocco

Was up for work at 03:20 this morning so was off to bed at half time. Pleasing to wake up and see we had a dominant performance and our new striker getting off to a excellent start.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quockerwodgerjambo

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• sadj

5 hours ago, sadj said:

Aye theres def a few posters who disappeared after it was obvious we were playing well too

I don't get that. They actually want us to fail? 

4 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

John McGlynn says the Covid break took its toll. Players tired after first game in weeks. 

Raith were extremely lucky we didn't put 8 past them on Saturday (Second half)and tonight. Be very thankful Jamie kept you from embarrassment. 

10 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

50pence feet.

Did your internet go down after this post?? Just noticed you never made another post after we scored our first of four goals. Wonder why??

3 hours ago, Jamie Walker Tash said:

Was up for work at 03:20 this morning so was off to bed at half time. Pleasing to wake up and see we had a dominant performance and our new striker getting off to a excellent start.

With some great football. Gordon could have stayed at home! 

10 hours ago, colinmaroon said:

Notice the foul count when it's not one of the SFA's prima donnas.

Mind you, he allowed some treatment on GMS.

Yeah I thought that, he let the game flow.... and allowed numerous challenges through the backs of players!... for both sides!

8 hours ago, Ted (Theodore) Logan said:

Gordon could've sat and played candy crush for most of the match.

Didn’t he stand on the half way line at one point in the game.

A case of job done.  Raith were complete opposite to Saturday’s match, they offered pretty much nothing. 

Early chances we had were handed to us by their sloppiness but until the opener, we seemed to lack a bit invention. After that, we picked up and the confidence came through. 

Nice for the new man to get off the mark. 

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Even if it had ended 2-0 it was a very good performance, even at 0-0 we were playing very well.

if it finished 2-0 the mood would have been different... ffs.

Agree... we didn’t give them a minutes peace. The attitude and work-rate was excellent last night. And missing on Saturday. 

Diadora Van Basten

The bloke who streams on Facebook had 1900 viewers at one point. He also replicates the Tynecastle experience by having an angry sweary guy to watch the match with.

The main thing is Raith didn’t get these fans money.

5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

can’t can’t believe we scored from a corner. That’s a rare occurrence these days

Helps when the striker jumps higher than he could if he just stood on his tip-toes. Crossing has been better recently as well.

That’s two of the three teams that have beaten us pumped by 4 goals in the reverse fixture, albeit Dundee was the wrong way round. Roll on Saturday...time for a cheeky wee 5-1?

7 hours ago, Barack said:

Two things I took from Nando's goals. One:  As illustrated below, Walker could've played him in earlier for a simple tap-in. I thought he was going to sky his effort, I must admit.

Second: When you have a tall striker, in his case 6ft 4", when they jump...they're still the same height. As you can see here, he's about 8ft tall when heads this. Get those crosses in!

20210127_010053.jpg

20210127_010038.jpg

Walker could have played him in full stop!! He went for one of his usual powderpuff shots and thankfully the rebound fell into the path of the big man.

RustyRightPeg

I actually quite enjoyed the Raith coverage last night, probably the best we’ve enjoyed this year (including our own).

1 minute ago, 1874robbo said:

Walker could have played him in full stop!! He went for one of his usual powderpuff shots and thankfully the rebound fell into the path of the big man.

Glad I’m not the only one who noticed this. Was a hard angle to score from, ended up being a tame effort and just glad it rebounded to the big man. Could so easily of rolled it into him first time. Just selfish play. But sometimes you need that 🤷‍♂️

10 hours ago, 5-1Jambo said:

25 corners in 2 games. 1 goal. Hmm

The average goals from corners is about 2.5%, but less actually. So we're at 4% with your totally incorrect comment. Not bad.

Take that to the actual 3 we've scored and we're at well over 10%. We're really bloody good at corners.

Ive got video of the game but don't have the time to chop it up to show the goals, happy to share it with someone who can?

Edited by mrmarkus1981

Great result and I’m delighted for Gnanduillet to get two in half an hour.

Someone needs to clip Walker over the back of the head for his decision to shoot instead of play in a striker on his debut. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Someone needs to clip Walker over the back of the head for his decision to shoot instead of play in a striker on his debut. 

whilst I agree that he needs a clip round the ear, it’s probably more so for recent performances than having a shot on goal inside the 18 yard box. It’s one of those if he’d scored nobody would’ve said anything and at the end of the day it didn’t hurt us in anyway. He too needs a goal. 

I have to say he did look a bit sharper last night albeit against 10 men, but his give & go’s looked good and even his pressing was still at a decent intensity after 85 minutes. Fingers crossed he, as well as the team now kick on as we should.

1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

Didn’t he stand on the half way line at one point in the game.

I had a good laugh late on, when he ran out to the touchline about half way up our half.  He was obviously bored rotten. 

7 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Jamie Walker just needs emptied full stop. 

Has and always will be a waste of a jersey. Liability. 

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

whilst I agree that he needs a clip round the ear, it’s probably more so for recent performances than having a shot on goal inside the 18 yard box. It’s one of those if he’d scored nobody would’ve said anything and at the end of the day it didn’t hurt us in anyway. He too needs a goal. 

I have to say he did look a bit sharper last night albeit against 10 men, but his give & go’s looked good and even his pressing was still at a decent intensity after 85 minutes. Fingers crossed he, as well as the team now kick on as we should.

He has been through on goal a few times and hits the ball on the deck and the keeper blocks it.  He has had the time to shape it and lift the ball over the keeper but hasn't attempted it on a one on one. 

25 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

The average goals from corners is about 2.5%, but less actually. So we're at 4% with your totally incorrect comment. Not bad.

Take that to the actual 3 we've scored and we're at well over 10%. We're really bloody good at corners.

No need to get nasty. I only pointed out that in the last 2 games we have had 22 corners and only 1 has resulted in a goal. 

37 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I actually quite enjoyed the Raith coverage last night, probably the best we’ve enjoyed this year (including our own).

The commentators seemed decent lads. Still glad I didn’t pay for it though. 

3 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

No need to get nasty. I only pointed out that in the last 2 games we have had 22 corners and only 1 has resulted in a goal. 

2 last night!

pettigrewsstylist
1 hour ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

The bloke who streams on Facebook had 1900 viewers at one point. He also replicates the Tynecastle experience by having an angry sweary guy to watch the match with.

The main thing is Raith didn’t get these fans money.

Pleasing indeed.

5 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

3 goals. Boyce 2nd goal on Saturday and Gnadu/Henderson were goals from corners.

Edited by Ccjambo1874

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Zico said:

The commentators seemed decent lads. Still glad I didn’t pay for it though. 

I didn’t pay either and I’m not proud of it but just stumbled across a stream on Facebook and quite enjoyed it

8 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

That wasn't nasty!  Wasn't meant to be anyway!

People expect WAAAAAAY more goals from corners than is realistic is the point.  Have a wee google of the stats.  Interesting (if you're a bit of a geek like me).

It's a bit like when you take a short corner or do something a bit different everyone has a wee moan, but actually a lump in the box is less likely to yield.  We did one short corner routine last night which I think might even have lead to a - just - offside goal, for instance.  Last minute - get it bloody in there, mind you!!!  And if you have a major height advantage, get it in there!!!  I'd suggest with Halks, Popescu and now Gnando, we'll be quite the set-piece threat.  But it'll still never be more than about 1 in 15/20 from corners I don't think, and that's if we do well.

I'd suggest the more important stat is that we had 20-odd corners in the last 2 games.  To me that shows we're at the right end of the park enough!!!

And yeah, the other point is mate - we've scored 3 from corners in the last 3 games!! haha.  Bet you wish you hadn't posted!!  I've done worse!

Edited by TheBigO

RustyRightPeg
18 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

He has been through on goal a few times and hits the ball on the deck and the keeper blocks it.  He has had the time to shape it and lift the ball over the keeper but hasn't attempted it on a one on one. 

so be it but I dare say Boyce or Naismith have done the same in the past. All confidence issues though, he needs 1 goal and I reckon he’ll be back on his way again, last night was a start. He looked motivated 

Ex member of the SaS

Didn't get to see the game but just watched the goals, Some good play and a great win. Can't understand why RR changed their tactics and allowed us so much room but at least they took advantage and moved the ball quicker, something that has been missing for most of this season. Well done and same again on Sat.

27 minutes ago, 5-1Jambo said:

2 goals last night were from corners. Henderson and Nando.... hopefully that ratio will increase with the big-man in the box!👍

Apologies... just seen posts above.😕

Edited by Rogue Daddy

10 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

Tonight's game was an absolute delight to watch. Goalkeeper never had to make a save. Back four looked solid for a change. Midfield completely dominated and controlled the game. We created lots of chances. Four goals scored and could easily have been double that on another night. Not a single failure in the team.

It all left me wondering how on earth we lost to that team just three days ago but that is football I guess. Tonight showed what a gulf there is between these two sides when we apply ourselves properly and play the way we are capable of playing. One of the things that really made a difference tonight was the way we pressed the ball high up the pitch. I lost count of the number of times they just gave the ball back to us in and around their box. We had at least three or four good chances to score because of it. I really want to see more of that from us. Teams in this division are not technically good enough to play through a high press so it's a tactic that can pay huge dividends for us if we stick with it. 

Everybody was good tonight but again I want to give a special mention to Andy Irving. He absolutely strolled that match. His passing is really a joy to watch. He slipped one ball inside the full-back for Gary Mackay-Steven(I think?) in the second half that was just peachy. To have the vision to see that pass is good. To be able to execute it is awesome. That boy has real potential and we better get him tied down to a long term contract soon because if we don't we will lose him. He is going to play at a higher level than the Scottish Premiership one day. 

I am a very happy chappy tonight. HHGH. 

Great post.  The difference between last night and the weekend was attitude.  Every player looked motivated and sharp last night which was in complete contrast to the weekend.

1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

A case of job done.  Raith were complete opposite to Saturday’s match, they offered pretty much nothing. 

Early chances we had were handed to us by their sloppiness but until the opener, we seemed to lack a bit invention. After that, we picked up and the confidence came through. 

Nice for the new man to get off the mark. 

Agreed but that’s cause we didn’t let them play. We came out with a higher tempo and shut them down higher up the park.

With the players we have at our disposal this is what we should be doing against every team we come up against. As the teams in this league don’t have the players or the ability to play out of those situations.

On Saturday we allowed them to impose their game on us. It didn’t help that we looked particularly suspect at the back and lost an early goal. 

If we go out with the same intensity and tempo against Dunfermline I would bet money the same will happen.

26 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

so be it but I dare say Boyce or Naismith have done the same in the past. All confidence issues though, he needs 1 goal and I reckon he’ll be back on his way again, last night was a start. He looked motivated 

Having seen the goals on Hearts TV, I reckon the criticism at Gnando's first was unfair, as there's a defender just about in line between the two. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

Agreed but that’s cause we didn’t let them play. We came out with a higher tempo and shut them down higher up the park.

With the players we have at our disposal this is what we should be doing against every team we come up against. As the teams in this league don’t have the players or the ability to play out of those situations.

On Saturday we allowed them to impose their game on us. It didn’t help that we looked particularly suspect at the back and lost an early goal. 

If we go out with the same intensity and tempo against Dunfermline I would bet money the same will happen.

Exactly. We are the team with the better players, we need to take the impetus from the start. With some games it's as if they are expecting teams to sit in and that we'll have to be patient, when teams then press and attack us we don't react quickly enough and change our gameplan.

1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

Stats. 

:greggy:

I thought Walker (I have been one of his biggest critics) had a decent game, apart from his shooting, he is in the engine room and had one of his better games, let's hope this is the start of him getting his mojo back. Regarding the streaming guy, now I know how my wife feels, with random sweary words being shouted out, I like it, feels like home.

37 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That wasn't nasty!  Wasn't meant to be anyway!

People expect WAAAAAAY more goals from corners than is realistic is the point.  Have a wee google of the stats.  Interesting (if you're a bit of a geek like me).

It's a bit like when you take a short corner or do something a bit different everyone has a wee moan, but actually a lump in the box is less likely to yield.  We did one short corner routine last night which I think might even have lead to a - just - offside goal, for instance.  Last minute - get it bloody in there, mind you!!!  And if you have a major height advantage, get it in there!!!  I'd suggest with Halks, Popescu and now Gnando, we'll be quite the set-piece threat.  But it'll still never be more than about 1 in 15/20 from corners I don't think, and that's if we do well.

I'd suggest the more important stat is that we had 20-odd corners in the last 2 games.  To me that shows we're at the right end of the park enough!!!

And yeah, the other point is mate - we've scored 3 from corners in the last 3 games!! haha.  Bet you wish you hadn't posted!!  I've done worse!

Cheers mate. The comment was made on the spur of the moment and I should have checked my facts before posting. Just seemed to be watching a lot of missed opportunities from a lot of corners. I now stand corrected and will go sit in the dunces corner. Cheers. 

Dougie Masterton
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

If you look at the highlights there are TWO players between him and Armand. He had to shoot. 

Hearts TV Highlights and none when Ginnelly on pitch where I thought we still created.

12 clear cut chances missed.

1 offside goal ruled out.

1 offside clear chance missed.

3 really should have worked goalkeeper into a save instead of missing target.

And 4 goals.

Edited by DETTY29

1 minute ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Cristiano Gnaduillet. Some leap.

IMG-20210127-WA0000.jpg

A striker who doesn't get shorter when they jump. That will never catch on