Official Raith v Hearts ( Tuesday ) Thread

south morocco

Gordon Ramsay
1 minute ago, tian447 said:

Well isn't that just typical :lol:

Fair play, I called you out and said 1-1 borefest haha. 

Thoroughly enjoyed that tonight. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• quockerwodgerjambo

• neilnunb

• Hearts007

• sadj

Nelly Terraces

Far better balance, tempo & attitude tonight. Kept hounding them to the end which is pleasing.

Credit where due - well done Robbie & the lads.

Best whole game performance of the season by a distance. What a difference a bit of tempo and playing further up with a high press makes. It’s so simple you just wonder........

Popescu outstanding although he’ll have harder games

Irving - what a passer the laddie is

Boyce - scored one missed two so a normal night for him

Armand - very nice start and a tremendous leap and header for his second goal but notice he was down on his hunches at the end as if injured. Surely not. 
Walker - very good hour from him

On another night that could have been 7 or 8

Really good all round team performance which outs Saturday back in its box

Edited by JimmyCant

I actually think I counted raith twice in our half two times in the second half. 

Edited by eck1874

2 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Only downside tonight is another Ginelly injury.  I get the impression he won't be fit until the weather warms up!!

As decent as he is, i would be holding off trying to tie him down on a deal just now.

Very injury prone, dont know if it's different injuries or same injury flaring up but has struggled badly to be fit.

Makes a real difference when we put pressure on the opposition and don’t let them gain any momentum. Good stuff tonight and should be the standard from now to end of season.

9 minutes ago, jager man said:

Popescu actually had a very good game tonight. People will say he wasn't tested but overall he didn't put a foot wrong. Could have had a goal as well.

He stuck to the basics. Sensible passes, sensible decisions. More of that and the jersey is his for the rest of the season. 

bobby bombscare
2 minutes ago, stotty said:

I thought he had a really good game, their big striker didn't win a thing, thought Popescu used the ball pretty well too. 

He did! And was easily the better of the 2. Halkett almost losing the ball in the first half and a few wayward passes in the second. Popescu strolled it! 

more of that please?!

51 minutes ago, best in the land said:

This

Not this - we are Heart of Midlothian, no need to be chippy. Lots of good Raith guys... like Colin Cameron. Happy to save my bile for the "Glasgow giants."

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Best whole game performance of the season by a distance. What a difference a bit of tempo and playing further up with a high press makes. It’s so simple you just wonder........

And starting strongly. It was obvious Neilson has wanted us to start stronger in games. You can hear him on the sidelines in the games we don't for a start. When we do start like that we dominate. Whether that's "simple" to do every week or not is another thing

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Peolpe aren't complaining about the lack of control, they're complaining about the lack of ambition. 

Not got a leg to stand on based on tonight. There was no issue at all with the ambition. We had 9-10 outfield players in the Raith half for the majority of the game both before and after the red. 

Nelly Terraces
1 minute ago, Gordon Ramsay said:

One of the most dominant Hearts games I can remember. Night and day from the weekend. 

Please keep this level of performance up! 

We must take this into Saturday.

bobby bombscare
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Popescu outstanding although he’ll have harder games

Irving - what a passer the laddie is

Boyce - scored one missed two so a normal night for him

Armand - very nice start and a tremendous leap and header for his second goal but notice he was down on his hunches at the end as if injured. Surely not. 
Walker - very good hour from him

Don’t think he was injured. He hasn’t played since December then came on and chased anything that moved and totally burst himself within about 10 mins 😂

quockerwodgerjambo
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Seems like we were really shit.

But should have won 10-0.

The camera was the deja vu part. We have to be a bit more ambitious than hammering a shite Raith Rovers as a mark up.

As you say should of been 10. it wasn't  though was it. There's the reason why i said i am underwhelmed.

0-4 should of been 10

in 4 weeks , ruthless 10-0

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Saturday is a huge game. 

After Saturday we only have 3 games left in the season against the teams who are going to push us most for the title (Raith, Dunfermline and Dundee) out of 13 games still to play (though its 5 if you include Inverness who if they win all their games in hand move 6 points behind us. But they have to play 18 games in the league alone in just over 3 months.)

16 minutes ago, brunoatemyhamster said:

Raith are at least 14 bucks better off. 

(not me) 

Had half the whatsapp group on the same login. :verysmug:

11 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Fantastic.  Great stuff and night and day from the 0-60mins on Saturday.

enjoyed watching that , even more on an illegal stream. 
Let’s keep it up on Saturday.

well done indeed to all the squad and management tonight. Keep the standard up please

Its not illegal to down load its illegal to upload and f88K giving Raith a penny.

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

Irving & Halliday need nicknames.

Can't keep shouting their full names all the time.

Irving has one , portabelly Pirlo

5 minutes ago, martoon said:

Touch and go for Saturday, according to RN.

Not as bad as feared.

Heard that before and was 2 months before he kicked a ball 

1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Not got a leg to stand on based on tonight. There was no issue at all with the ambition. We had 9-10 outfield players in the Raith half for the majority of the game both before and after the red. 

I couldn't care less. It was what other posters on here were saying through the 2nd half. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, NANOJAMBO said:

Peolpe aren't complaining about the lack of control, they're complaining about the lack of ambition. 

You don't sign 4 wingers, one striker and a forward-minded LB in the last two windows (plus still looking for a creative midfielder by all accounts) if you don't have ambition. If anything, it's the defence that needs attention, although hopefully tonight is a good sign for Popescue. 

Let's give Robbie time to build his team and time for the team to gel before warming up the plane.

1 minute ago, 5-1Jambo said:

25 corners in 2 games. 1 goal. Hmm

Have to say that Irving's corners are excellent on the whole, just like his free kicks.

It's those on the other side that need to be worked on.

Just now, theshed said:

Heard that before and was 2 months before he kicked a ball 

Time will tell.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Irving has one , portabelly Pirlo

Apparently he's not a fan of it... Not sure why though, I'd be over the moon to be compared to Pirlo

1 minute ago, Candy said:

Tremedous performace. The SO would have helped but some great chances and one touch passing

Also really enjoyed the raith coverage and never paid a penny to the shysters

Edited by Candy

So much better tonight. Popescu looked a lot more composed tonight. Irving was really good. New striker will find the net if we keep getting crosses in. 

12 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Seems like we were really shit.

But should have won 10-0.

Eh? John Mcglyn on the radio saying we bullied them? Wa wa

Jambof3tornado
8 minutes ago, SMJ_1874 said:

Good nights work guys, well done. Irving is different gravy and pulled all the strings. We’ll have a job on our hands to keep him. Hope we get him to sign and stay a while. FTH

Thought he AND halliday looked much better. Bit of zip on the ball too.

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

You don't sign 4 wingers, one striker and a forward-minded LB in the last two windows (plus still looking for a creative midfielder by all accounts) if you don't have ambition. If anything, it's the defence that needs attention, although hopefully tonight is a good sign for Popescue. 

Let's give Robbie time to build his team and time for the team to gel before warming up the plane.

I've enjoyed the game , you've taken my post out of context and are starting yet another bore fest debate out of nothing. 

Gimme feckin peace. 

Have a night off.