Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay

English sleeping there, they really have to find an alternative to up your jumper rugby.

1 minute ago, John Findlay said:

English sleeping there, they really have to find an alternative to up your jumper rugby.

Christ, they've played that sort of Rugby forever. Can't see that changing anytime soon. Never been a good rugby side, just a big bunch of hammer throwers. 

England really aren’t very good at chasing a game. Their entire game is based on keeping it tight and occasionally breaking out through serious talent like May. They seem to get baffled when a game doesn’t go exactly to plan. 

NANOJAMBO

How can Itoje be deemed to have committed so many penalty offences and no action taken against him ?  That's 3 "offences" I've noticed. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Wales actually deserve to win 

And a margin of victory that is more than the disputed tries. 

France will hopefully have too much for Wales in Paris, if it ever gets played.

Always delightful to see a team containing that ***** Farrell defeated.

Good opportunity for Scotland to get 3rd now...outside chance of 2nd. England in real danger of possibly finishing as low as 5th. Same with Ireland.

Scotland Lions picks: 3.

Wales: 15.

England with Ireland and France left.

Peakybunnet
1 hour ago, Victorian said:

England a shambles.  Wales are a poor triple crown winner.  

Correct you could say lucky triple crown winners.

Won matches against Ireland and Scotland who both had players sent off. Unlike football its really hard to defend with 14 men. 

Not saying the sending offs were wrong but 15 against 15 Wales would have lost both games. 

Edited by Peakybunnet
Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, Tazio said:

Farrell nicely building up to a card. The more frustrated he gets the more prone he is to dirty tackles. Lovely. 
I don’t want Wales to win but he’s my least favourite player in world rugby. 

C'mon Tazio. Farrell is a tosser, but as long as Sexton, Conor Murray, Keith Earls, AWJ, George North, Liam Williams &  Dan Biggar are around, Farrell has nothing to worry about. 

I P Knightley

Ref's call for the penalty was hideous. He was Wales's 16th man at that point. 

The knock on call, though, was spot on. Ref had it right as an on field decision when I would have called the knock on. TMO proved him right. 

England on for a wooden spoon if we play 5 nations!

Sooperstar
18 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Ref's call for the penalty was hideous. He was Wales's 16th man at that point. 

The knock on call, though, was spot on. Ref had it right as an on field decision when I would have called the knock on. TMO proved him right. 

England on for a wooden spoon if we play 5 nations!

During the conversation with the TMO the ref said that he couldn't see any forward movement. From what I have heard since they have come up with a reason why the call was right, but it doesn't seem to me to be for the same reason the ref came up with at the time.

Cairneyhill Jambo

Not a great fan of the Welsh, but any nation that gets it right up Eddie Jones and Owen Farrell is okay in my book.

1971fozzy
4 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

Correct you could say lucky triple crown winners.

Won matches against Ireland and Scotland who both had players sent off. Unlike football its really hard to defend with 14 men. 

Not saying the sending offs were wrong but 15 against 15 Wales would have lost both games. 

This

12 hours ago, Barack said:

Good opportunity for Scotland to get 3rd now...outside chance of 2nd. England in real danger of possibly finishing as low as 5th. Same with Ireland.

Scotland Lions picks: 3.

Wales: 15.

England with Ireland and France left.

Scotland can still win this. And are by far the best team. 

Gub France and Italy, Wales lose in France. Quite simple. And it helps Scotland, that Wales go to France first now. 

Spellczech
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland can still win this. And are by far the best team. 

Gub France and Italy, Wales lose in France. Quite simple. And it helps Scotland, that Wales go to France first now. 

Nah we still have that old problem of turning pressure into points. We're getting better but we're not there yet.

ri Alban
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

When I first seen our group, I was giving it, aw Ffs. Now, I'm pretty confident. 

I P Knightley

Squad for the game v Ireland has been confirmed. I would have felt more comfortable with Fagerson at prop but whatcha gunna do? They've put Sean Maitland on the wing and Darcy Graham on the bench. Maitland is stronger under the high ball (which the Irish are likely to play) but I'd like to see Graham get a good amount of time to try to annoy their defence. I expect it to be a close one, hinging on a few moments either of brilliance or frustration.

I'll be making sure to watch the France/England game, tomorrow, though. Should be a good one with the Frenchies putting out almost a full-strength team.

Don't care about the Italy/Wales game. I've not even seen which referee the Welsh have selected for that one.

Well the ref in the Wales match managed to give Italy a yellow after only six minutes. And a soft one at that. 

milky_26
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well the ref in the Wales match managed to give Italy a yellow after only six minutes. And a soft one at that. 

are wales actually going to end up not having to play a full game v 15 this year?

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Brilliant try

France okay after their break 

Both teams living up to their stereotypes so far. England lumbering through the forwards. France running from deep and taking quick throw in for the hell of it. I’ve always loved watching the French play, especially the brilliant teams they has in the 80’s. 

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good coverage by England Rugby tv. 

It's hardly impartial is it?

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Has OF been moved to centre. 

He’s only played at fly half once this tournament. 

Mikey1874
7 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

Brilliant try.Allez Les Bleues.

Mikey1874
6 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Has OF been moved to centre. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He’s only played at fly half once this tournament. 

George Ford at No 10 is England's main team set up. 

Occasionally Farrell plays there but the consensus now is inside centre is the best position for the team.

Ford gives England more options in attack.

jonnothejambo
27 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Good coverage by England Rugby tv. 

Indeed. Nice to see an unbiased panel in the studio. 

That wank running the show is getting on my tits.

The only benefit will be watching their torn faces when France donate them le Bleu Cockeral dans le merde boix. 

:vrface:

8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

George Ford at No 10 is England's main team set up. 

Occasionally Farrell plays there but the consensus now is inside centre is the best position for the team.

Ford gives England more options in attack.

Everyone in the world seemed to know that’s their best set up apart from Eddy Jones.