• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big Slim Stylee
10 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

So disappointing to get back into the game and throw it away like that.

The game management is seriously bad.

Seymour M Hersh
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Line outs were horrendous the day. 

Problem for e was the guy throwing in (with the red scrum cap on) his thing was off by a split second. When he went off we won what was possibly our only line out afterwards comfortably. I know Macinally is currently injured but Townsend seems to have a bee in his bonnet over him and he's our best hooker and line-out taker by miles. 

1 minute ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Problem for e was the guy throwing in (with the red scrum cap on) his thing was off by a split second. When he went off we won what was possibly our only line out afterwards comfortably. I know Macinally is currently injured but Townsend seems to have a bee in his bonnet over him and he's our best hooker and line-out taker by miles. 

Townsend should've went after the past World Cup, and I severely hope someone else is given a chance with arguably Scotlands best group of players since the Hastings era.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
4 minutes ago, BudgeUp said:

Townsend should've went after the past World Cup, and I severely hope someone else is given a chance with arguably Scotlands best group of players since the Hastings era.

Agreed

4 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Hamish Watson for the lions btw

Without a doubt.  Hardest rugby player I've ever seen.

John Findlay
9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If he doesnt make the squad it will be a total travesty.

Amazed that we were still in that right up to the end. No forward platform, no territory, Ireland dominant in the loose, disastrous line-out, poor kicking game, dodgy decision-making, error count through the roof and generally the very worst that Scotland’s ad hoc style has to offer. The first hour was laughably bad.

Ireland are a pretty average team, but if you allow them to dominate you in the forwards they’ll grind you down. That’s two really disappointing Murrayfield games from Scotland.

Scotland were a bit hard done by. That Irish try should have been checked. 

Nevertheless, Scotlands line out was appalling. We were slow in the breakdown, our line speed was slow, we gave away stupid penalties and wasted a lot of good opportunities ourselves. Ireland probably deserved to win on balance. 

28 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

If that big eejit Curry is picked ahead of Watson for no. 7, it just shows what a closed shop it is. 

I P Knightley
14 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If that big eejit Curry is picked ahead of Watson for no. 7, it just shows what a closed shop it is. 

Curry's a really good player but Watson just seems to have an extra bit of something. I'd like to see stats comparing the two of them; I reckon Watson would be ahead on tackles, metres made and possibly turnovers won.

Byyy The Light
2 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Curry's a really good player but Watson just seems to have an extra bit of something. I'd like to see stats comparing the two of them; I reckon Watson would be ahead on tackles, metres made and possibly turnovers won.

absolutely love watching him play. Hard as nails

16 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

Curry will go but I think Watson should be no. 7. Curry's more of a destroyer, where as Watson is a forager, more like a no. 8, an all rounder. Watson would defo be no. 7 in a 6 nations XV this year. 

france game re-arranged for 26th march which is outside the international window. so clubs dont have to release the players

I P Knightley
9 hours ago, milky_26 said:

france game re-arranged for 26th march which is outside the international window. so clubs dont have to release the players

And Laporte gives Galthie a pat on the back for breaking the lockdown bubble just before half the squad contracted Covid. This has become the championship that I don't want anyone to win now.

Interesting selection for the Italy game and Townshend getting it in the neck from the twitterati for selecting Hogg at fly-half. Personally, I'd rather see him do his stuff from full-back and, if the argument is that 'it's only Italy', then where's the harm in giving Van der Valt another run out in his own position?

Moving Steele from wing forward to scrum-half is a little less contentious :D.

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Cruyff said:

Maitland to 15, Hogg to 10, Graham to 14. 

If they're going to experiment (with a degree of a safety net), I'd have liked to have seen Blair Kinghorn in the 15 shirt. Not just so we could claim a success from the HMFC youth academy but it's one eye on the future for when Hogg's unavailable.

Having a versatile player is great when you're on tour or thinking about filling the bench but top level rugby (which I accept is not how to describe Italy) is very much about horses for courses and playing someone out of position should not be the first choice.

Do we know whether Finn is expected back for Paris? That's a match where Hogg really ought to be in the 15 shirt so we should have JVdW at fly to dust off cobwebs in case he's needed.

It could be great fun to watch tomorrow but knowing that the France match is to follow on Friday, I can't help but think it's a bit foolhardy to be tinkering like this.

I think the main result of Townsend’s experiments will be instead of facing an Italian team desperate for a victory we’ll now be facing one that is in addition pissed off at Scotland disrespecting them by using them as a guinea pig. That’s certainly something I’d be using if I was Italy coach. 

I P Knightley
2 hours ago, Tazio said:

I think the main result of Townsend’s experiments will be instead of facing an Italian team desperate for a victory we’ll now be facing one that is in addition pissed off at Scotland disrespecting them by using them as a guinea pig. That’s certainly something I’d be using if I was Italy coach. 

True.

It could be that they've painted a target on Hogg and he's set for a clattering from the back row. Whatever happens, I just hope that there are no further injuries. It's farcical enough that we're playing France on Friday night (with the risk still that clubs may not allow us to have all our players).

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

If they're going to experiment (with a degree of a safety net), I'd have liked to have seen Blair Kinghorn in the 15 shirt. Not just so we could claim a success from the HMFC youth academy but it's one eye on the future for when Hogg's unavailable.

Having a versatile player is great when you're on tour or thinking about filling the bench but top level rugby (which I accept is not how to describe Italy) is very much about horses for courses and playing someone out of position should not be the first choice.

Do we know whether Finn is expected back for Paris? That's a match where Hogg really ought to be in the 15 shirt so we should have JVdW at fly to dust off cobwebs in case he's needed.

It could be great fun to watch tomorrow but knowing that the France match is to follow on Friday, I can't help but think it's a bit foolhardy to be tinkering like this.

Is Kinghorn injured at the moment? He's not even listed on the bench. And Hogg to stand off with Van Der Walt sitting on the bench it seems ludicrous. 

57 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Is Kinghorn injured at the moment? He's not even listed on the bench. And Hogg to stand off with Van Der Walt sitting on the bench it seems ludicrous. 

yep kinghorn is injured

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

yep kinghorn is injured

I thought the but wasn't sure. However why the hell is Townsend not playing an excellent and experienced stand off in his correct position and leaving Hogg to his. Maitland at full back ffs! Man is a powder puff. 

Just now, Seymour M Hersh said:

I thought the but wasn't sure. However why the hell is Townsend not playing an excellent and experienced stand off in his correct position and leaving Hogg to his. Maitland at full back ffs! Man is a powder puff. 

townsend seems to have reverted back to how he was during the WC

Dusk_Till_Dawn
11 hours ago, milky_26 said:

townsend seems to have reverted back to how he was during the WC

We’ve gone from beating England and being in control against Wales to believing our own hype and reverting to bad habits.

Hopefully France beat the Welsh. Not sure there has ever been a more over-rated team than this Wales one.

John Findlay
7 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

My late Dad wasn't a fan of the Welsh from his National Service days and that Davies is another duck's diseased shortarsed twat.

I remember when Gareth Edwards used to be a co commentator and he was another feckin slavering rimjob. 

And while I'm at it it's a feckin myth that they can sing. Most of the wanks I've heard singing from there sound like they are having a Johnson's Cotton Bud rammed up their tadger's eye at the same time.

Jonno I dont disagree with you often but, Gareth Edwards is a great bloke, he will tell anyone that his favourite matches in the then five nations was against Scotland as they were the best rugby matches every year win or lose.

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Fair enough, John. I liked him on Question of Sport.

I just remember him after a match in Cardiff saying that Wales deserved to win after Scotland outplayed them, scored more tries only for Thornburn to boot them to victory.

I’ve the opposite opinion. Question Of Sport was what made him get right on my tits. Question Of Sport seemed to have a few annoying captains. Emlyn Hughes and Willie Carson as prime examples. 

Just now, willie wallace said:

This is going to be a high scoring game.

Scotland 20-10 after 20 mins.

It’s all a bit chaotic but good viewing. 

3 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

This is going to be a high scoring game.

Scotland 20-10 after 20 mins.

its only 17-10

Twenty minutes in and again the error/penalties conceded count is unacceptably high. And Hogg has missed two decent opportunities to kick points.

Italy a mile offside at every single ruck and so far the referee has only awarded one offside penalty - against Scotland.

11 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

4th try already 😁

Italy are really rotten

They look ok with ball in hand, but dreadful in defence. 

6 minutes ago, Victorian said:

Italy's guaranteed participation can't be justified much longer.  Rotten.

It’s a shame for them as they’re in an odd limbo in terms of European rugby. Not good enough for the 6 nations just now but better than Romania, Georgia, Spain and the rest. 

John Findlay

Italians are lucky we dont have our strongest team out, and all players playing in their natural positions, or we might have given them a right doing.

8 tries against a pub team aside,  Scotland have 15 tries in 4 games.  Probably already a 6 nations record for them.