2021 Six Nations

PortyJambo

5 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

They kick too much rather than building the play. But opposition at international level also too strong. And sides like France (and Scotland hopefully now) have too much variety and nous. 

Some very promising young players for Edinburgh, looks good for the Scotland squad in the near future.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seymour M Hersh
12 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Some very promising young players for Edinburgh, looks good for the Scotland squad in the near future.

That good news but I wonder how close it would have been had both teams been at full strength?

44 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

That good news but I wonder how close it would have been had both teams been at full strength?

Closer.

Seymour M Hersh
3 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Closer.

At least. Edinburgh's reserve depth doesn't run as deep as Munster but with both at full strength I think Edinburgh can beat them. 

9 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

At least. Edinburgh's reserve depth doesn't run as deep as Munster but with both at full strength I think Edinburgh can beat them. 

I think the future is bright for Edinburgh and Scotland in the future, there seems to be a good crop of young players now.

42 minutes ago, Barack said:

Well, if there's ever a chance to beat France in Paris, Covid-19 has given us that chance.

Apart from how their 2nd and 3rd choice players hammered England and took them to extra time at Twickenham in the autumn tests only to lose unluckily. 

I P Knightley
56 minutes ago, Barack said:

Another 5 players now out. Scotland inching their way towards a 28-0 default win at this rate.

:jjyay:

*It probably won't happen, Taz. Just being humorous.😉👍🏻

There are two others in the backroom staff who are described as "suspicious cases". I'm not sure, if I were running the Scotland squad, that I'd want to put my team onto the pitch with what's quite clearly a disease-riddled set of Frenchies.

Have the tournament organisers ever said what they would do in the event of such a break out of the virus among one or more squads? There must be some pressure on them to question whether they allow the France game to go ahead.

Just now, Barack said:

Ritchie might get another week to recover, depending on the France Covid-19 stuff.

20210222_142404.jpg

Thanks chief. 👍 Glad to see Gary Graham launched and Rob Harley in. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe have to watch a replay

Watched this onboard Hms Fife coming up the English Channel after doing 6 months down the Falklands.

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Wales had 21 injuries and still beat us. As Prez said, the French have loads of players to choose from. Get on with it France. 

Wales had 5 injuries. Possibly they had 21 injuries among eligible players but not in the selected squad. We had 3 for the same match.  

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Wales had 5 injuries. Possibly they had 21 injuries among eligible players but not in the selected squad. We had 3 for the same match.  

I stand corrected.

Thanks Tazio 👍

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Maybe have to watch a replay

So many happy memories of that day.

Also - the good old days when if the ball went out 2m from the line, the line out was 2m from the line

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Better pay the release fee's for the Scottish players then, if they even think about next weekend.

If France weren't on for a GS. :lol:

Not so simply as a release fee.

Player contracts. 

I P Knightley
42 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Absolutely Disgraceful. 

The French should be forced to forfeit. 

True but unfortunately (and stupidly) they all agreed that matches could just be cancelled in the event of an outbreak in any camp. I'm not saying that the French were more lax than they should have been but there was nothing to stop them from doing so.

8 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

True but unfortunately (and stupidly) they all agreed that matches could just be cancelled in the event of an outbreak in any camp. I'm not saying that the French were more lax than they should have been but there was nothing to stop them from doing so.

Of course but The French have got literally thousands of Professional players to choose from. They could call up a whole new squad. 

I P Knightley
9 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Of course but The French have got literally thousands of Professional players to choose from. They could call up a whole new squad. 

I'm sure that they're pulling an Old Firm style trick but with a bit more panache and a Gallic shrug.

They managed to get down to their 3rd choices and nearly beat England in the autumn internationals; they could do the same again. However, the players they'd call in have not been in a bubble with the training squad (which is probably a good thing in the circs) so that might be an excuse. From something I read, they've been bringing in randoms already, including their 7s squad, to train with the main squad.

This is really tough. I can't decide which nation I detest the most in this year's championship. Ireland have Sexton; Wales play-act like Suarez; England are England and now France have pulled this stunt.

Captain Sausage

Surprised them bringing the 7s team in from outwith their bubble wasn’t a breach of protocols. 

Disappointing, but player welfare has to come first. That said, it’d be a travesty if Scotland is forced to play next weekend without our English-based players and Russell. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
22 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Surprised them bringing the 7s team in from outwith their bubble wasn’t a breach of protocols. 

Disappointing, but player welfare has to come first. That said, it’d be a travesty if Scotland is forced to play next weekend without our English-based players and Russell. 

Might as well cancel the tournament if that’s the case

Captain Sausage
5 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Might as well cancel the tournament if that’s the case

Why? Have I missed the mass outbreaks at other teams?

It needs to either be agreed with the Premiership and Racing that players can be released next weekend or the game postponed until a point in time when both sides have full availability from their clubs. 

Or, it’s confirmed France broke the protocols and Scotland are awarded a 28-0 BP win. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
7 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

It needs to either be agreed with the Premiership and Racing that players can be released next weekend or the game postponed until a point in time when both sides have full availability from their clubs. 

Or, it’s confirmed France broke the protocols and Scotland are awarded a 28-0 BP win. 

What a load of shit though. 

18 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Next weekend has been ruled out.

Midweek between games being considered.

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

Next weekend has been ruled out.

Midweek between games being considered.

It's a bit of a farce, midweek would benefit the opponents of both the teams in the next games. Rather than any match can be postponed it should have been any team unable to play must forfeit their match imo.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
10 hours ago, Captain Sausage said:

Great post mate. Would read again.

:rofl: I don’t mean your post man. I mean the concept of either playing the game at a later date or giving Scotland a walkover victory. Devalues the whole tournament 

Tough start with South Africa first up, although might also gives us our best chance of getting a result as the top teams don't always come out playing their best rugby straight away.

willie wallace
On 22/02/2021 at 14:15, Barack said:

I believe the head cheese has said that postponing to the next free weekend of the Championship would be the preferred option, rather than cancelling and the furore & potential can it opens.

That could cause a problem for Scotland, and France Squad however, if there is no agreement in place over access to their Premiership players as well as Finn who plays in the Top 14. 

So, some chats ahead. But as you say, Scotland are perfectly entitled legally and morally to ask questions & refuse travel, if so. 

Need a wee bit help here.Surely the guys who play in England or France would not be involved in their club games.

Why would they not be released if the game was played next weekend.

Is it because of some pre tournament agreement.

2 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Tough start with South Africa first up, although might also gives us our best chance of getting a result as the top teams don't always come out playing their best rugby straight away.

They've done away with 2 games in 3 days. 

6 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

:rofl: I don’t mean your post man. I mean the concept of either playing the game at a later date or giving Scotland a walkover victory. Devalues the whole tournament 

Imagine they played it next Saturday, when Scotland have player out, through club commitments. 

willie wallace
21 minutes ago, Barack said:

World Rugby regulations, and they've been around for years.

Wales', England-based contingent for example, must return to their employers during fallow weeks or when they are not involved in the matchday 23. They asked the RFU for a wee bit of leeway, due to Covid-19 concerns. Were refused.

England picked 28 players and made a Covid-19 secure bubble. So none of their players would be released. It was looked at by other Union's, but they went with the normal procedure instead.

So, as next weekend is "fallow", then those players by rights, have to return to their clubs. It's usually the case that not all will play, but the club's in England and France pay their wages. Got to do what the boss says.

Cheers for that Barack.I suppose Covid has brought out scenarios that we have not had to face before in rugby as in everything else.