2021 Six Nations

PortyJambo

All roads lead to Gorgie

For the none try it was the Welsh guy who made a tackle on the none ball carrier and pulled him in front of the scorer. How was that not looked at?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Will be a joke when Gatland picks loads of these taff pricks

I hope the lions get smashed. Full of taff *****

5 minutes ago, Tazio said:

When it comes to rugby Wales are my number one bunch of twats. 

Cannae say I'm a fan of the Welsh tbh. Funny speaking Englishmen at best. 

3 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Well I won’t be watching the post match. I’d happily take conversion kicks with Davies’ head as the ball all day long. Notice the BBC don’t have him on commentary now, they’ve eventually worked out how hated he is by anyone who’s not Welsh. 

BBC always seem to like lingering on Townsend when we're on the end of something. Not so much when we score. *****

Seymour M Hersh
6 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Steady !

He's right when it comes to rugby the welsh are a bunch of arrogant shitehouses that play beyond the legal parameters but seem to constantly get away with it. 

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

It's fine margins. 

At the disallowed 'try' the Welsh player tackles the man without the ball. 

Could even have been a penalty try.

3 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

For the none try it was the Welsh guy who made a tackle on the none ball carrier and pulled him in front of the scorer. How was that not looked at?

I wouldn’t want to suggest that the Ref may be the reason... 

The same as the Welsh elbow in the first half. Wales got such a good bounce of the ball all the way through and Id say the decisions too

Just now, Taffin said:

Is there no 'totting up' of fouls in rugby? AWJ seemed to give away a number of penalties.

It's unreal we managed to lose that game. 

He also "got injured" with 2 minutes left on the clock.  A dirty cheat.

Seymour M Hersh
49 minutes ago, LMc said:

Poor decision for the red but Scotland have given away far too many penalties. 

The English ref called all of them. Still smarting from last week clearly. I just wish the TV coverage would explain exactly why it a penalty or say that's a wrong decision if it is. They never want to be controversial. Of course when it goes to Sky that will all change and refs will be getting called out over everything. Because for Sky it's all about the controversy.

Just now, sadj said:

The same as the Welsh elbow in the first half. Wales got such a good bounce of the ball all the way through and Id say the decisions too

Maybe

Overall Wales did well to execute and defend second half. 

Scotland errors allowed them back in game. 

4 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

He's right when it comes to rugby the welsh are a bunch of arrogant shitehouses that play beyond the legal parameters but seem to constantly get away with it. 

My intense dislike of the Welsh rugby team started when as a teenager at Murrayfield on a schoolboy ticket I was shoved and threatened with a kicking by a group of pissed up middle aged welshmen. 

Fagerson should have been binned at most. Ridiculous decision to send him off. 

The Welsh should have had a forward binned when they purposefully gave away penalties when they were under pressure on their line. 

Apart from that, losing Jamie Ritchie at blindside proved to be a massive loss, then consequently Blade Thomson, leaving us with a 3rd choice # 6 who gave the Welsh penalties leading to their first tries. 

Wales are lucky as ****. Lucky against Ireland, lucky v us. 

Captain Sausage

Carley is a shit ref. TMO clearly indicating a yellow is appropriate but off he goes and sends him off. 

So many missed infringements on both sides, zero consistency and just lack of control of what is going on. He’s always the same in Premiership. Dreadful ref. 

Halfpenny not given a yellow for tackling in the air (would’ve been harsh but given his later decision it ‘gave him a decision to make’) and several Welsh penalties under the posts in a row with no yellow. Frustrating day. 

Thought GG when he came on was awful. We’d have won comfortably if not for that red. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

They must of been wearing better studs as well as we slipped two or three times when nearly away. We just didn't get any luck whatsoever and some of it was was down to decisions made by the ref, no doubt about that. 

Today Wales got the big calls.

As daft as it may sound, the better Rugby team lost today.

Like the last two as Scottish Cup finals. The better team lost.

3 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bizarrely wanting England to beat Wales now. 

I can get on this train for 80 minutes, I hope they do them dry with a litany of contentious decisions from the officials.

All roads lead to Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bizarrely wanting England to beat Wales now. 

Rather Italy do it but if England beat them it is no triple crown in Cardiff. Would be the jammiest team to win a triple crown ever!

Malinga the Swinga
30 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

He also "got injured" with 2 minutes left on the clock.  A dirty cheat.

He is considered a rugby great therefore he is allowed by referees to cheat, consistently be offside, refuse to roll away from ball and kill rucks, and he never gets carded. 

Peter Wright called ref out before game and was correct in his judgement.

Malinga the Swinga
59 minutes ago, Tazio said:

The ref was made aware of the high tackle and chose to ignore it. 

Yep, he saw it and ignored it, he was told by TMO and ignored him, he was told tackle that led to red was yellow due to mitigation by TMO and ignored that as well. 

The clear lesson today is interfere at rucks and as soon as clear out happens, try and get glancing blow to head. 

Hamush WTson was cleared out, after whistle had gone and he had stopped but ref let that go as well. 

He is a shocking referee. You heard him joking with Welsh players when Scotland camped on their line, whereas he refused to speak to Scotland players apart from captain. 

Malinga the Swinga
4 minutes ago, Barack said:

How interesting. We've accounted for pretty much all of those, I'd guess?🤔 Hogg in Cardiff. 

The two sent off in Cardiff in the last 10 minutes, when Wales won with a last minute Shane Williams try.

Today.

Screenshot_20210213-193717_BBC Sport.jpg

All bar last weeks. Also had forward sent off in Cardiff when he was being held down and caught offending player with leg when breaking free. 

Sure it was Nathan someone who went off. 

56 minutes ago, Tazio said:

You can put your house on Zammit being picked now. 

He's that good but  Wales wouldn't give him the ball in the first half.

MOTM. :facepalm:

34 minutes ago, Tazio said:

My intense dislike of the Welsh rugby team started when as a teenager at Murrayfield on a schoolboy ticket I was shoved and threatened with a kicking by a group of pissed up middle aged welshmen. 

Loved the schoolboy enclosure for big games.  Some financial whizzkids from Dollar must have seen a great opp there. Taz! How they managed to get in thru the boys gate without getting their 20 foot home-knitted scarves caught up in the turnstiles nevermind the 10 ft daffodils/leeks.

Plenty chances to aim a well directed kick to the shins of your Welsh bad guy of choice in the melee following the full time pitch invasion.  :fonzie:

7 minutes ago, Barack said:

How interesting. We've accounted for pretty much all of those, I'd guess?🤔 Hogg in Cardiff. 

The two sent off in Cardiff in the last 10 minutes, when Wales won with a last minute Shane Williams try.

Today.

Screenshot_20210213-193717_BBC Sport.jpg

The incident that lead to the red card was following a string of penalties against Wales (not a single player spoken to) where a Welsh player hacked the ball out of a ruck deep in Welsh territory and even then another Welsh player tried to kick a Scottish player after the ref had blown.

The ref then ignores the TMO advice that there was mitigation and send the Scots player off. 

45 minutes ago, Captain Sausage said:

Carley is a shit ref. TMO clearly indicating a yellow is appropriate but off he goes and sends him off. 

So many missed infringements on both sides, zero consistency and just lack of control of what is going on. He’s always the same in Premiership. Dreadful ref. 

Halfpenny not given a yellow for tackling in the air (would’ve been harsh but given his later decision it ‘gave him a decision to make’) and several Welsh penalties under the posts in a row with no yellow. Frustrating day. 

Thought GG when he came on was awful. We’d have won comfortably if not for that red. 

This.

You could clearly hear the ref talking about how Halfpenny's foul wasn't that bad - even tho he had zero chance of getting the ball and made no effort to pull out of the tackle.  Halfpenny knew what he was doing. 

Just now, Barack said:

As has been said, he's an awful ref in the Premiership. Today's not a surprise really.

But, I'm not blaming him. We did have chances, and fair play we kept it to a respectable score. Considering the past efforts, and only a brilliant tap tackle at the end, stopped a win for us.

I live down here amongst them, so I'm used to perennial failure and gloating. But I'm not getting as much banter as previous years. If anything, acknowledgement that Wales were fortunate again to hold on against 14 men.

Ireland at home. That's the biggie. We owe them one!

Agreed. terrible indiscipline today and some sheer bad luck at critical moments (disallowed try , could've scored twice in the final minutes). Likewise, I'm surrounded by Welsh (tho not in Wales) and they are a pain in the arse.  I seriously hope England obliterate them (as I always do). 

16 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

Loved the schoolboy enclosure for big games.  Some financial whizzkids from Dollar must have seen a great opp there. Taz! How they managed to get in thru the boys gate without getting their 20 foot home-knitted scarves caught up in the turnstiles nevermind the 10 ft daffodils/leeks.

Plenty chances to aim a well directed kick to the shins of your Welsh bad guy of choice in the melee following the full time pitch invasion.  :fonzie:

I was at a scummy school, we got tickets for the standard terraces for game. All the little Hectors and Farquhars got the schoolboy enclosure to squeak their support. 

Just now, Barack said:

I harbour the same desire. But I'll not let that show, when I watch it with my missus.

I value my testicles.

My next door neighbour is Welsh and he's a top bloke. His missus will be all over this tomorrow and I will point out to her yet again that she is English. 😄 And I didn't hear a peep from her last week.

1 hour ago, Barack said:

He had a 'mare. Stupid beard too.

I' d be bringing in Rob Hartley or Ryan Wilson in case we lose Thomson or Ritchie for any more games. 

willie wallace
1 hour ago, Tazio said:

They used to take over Edinburgh in the early 70s maybe earlier than that.

Buses would start arriving from the Monday and the pubs would be packed.

The ones I spoke to were great guys,a lot of them miners who had a  Murrayfield fund like our Wembley fund and look forward to coming here.

Scotland fans who travelled to Cardiff  also had a great trip.

Obviously you will get idiots among them by did not hear  of much trouble in those days.

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

I was at a scummy school, we got tickets for the standard terraces for game. All the little Hectors and Farquhars got the schoolboy enclosure to squeak their support. 

Aye, those welsh/irish rugby lads weren't exactly the hoorah henrys you'd think of when it came to rugby, more akin t football fans in the day. Can't beat a bit of getting piss-splashed on the backs of yer jeans on the terracing. :lol:  Loved Murrayfield in those terracing days too.

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

They used to take over Edinburgh in the early 70s maybe earlier than that.

Buses would start arriving from the Monday and the pubs would be packed.

The ones I spoke to were great guys,a lot of them miners who had a  Murrayfield fund like our Wembley fund and look forward to coming here.

Scotland fans who travelled to Cardiff  also had a great trip.

Obviously you will get idiots among them by did not hear  of much trouble in those days.

I was just telling my kids this!  They lived for these trips every two years, the Irish too.  French cockerels strutting about Princes Street too.  :cornette_dog:

4 minutes ago, ArcticJambo said:

I was just telling my kids this!  They lived for these trips every two years, the Irish too.  French cockerels strutting about Princes Street too.  :cornette_dog:

The Welsh were the best when they came to Edinburgh in their droves.  The French and English were a good laugh (mainly) too.

The Irish though....  :vrface:

Lang was a weak link for Scotland. 

In test rugby, the Inside Centre has to be a second pair of eyes and ears for the Stand Off to manage the game. The most famous example: when Mike Catt played inside centre, Wilkinson was on fire. 

Lang today failed to show up. At Harlequins he has a reputation of being a stroller and it showed. If anything, what I learned today is that Redpath is a really really exciting prospect. 

Blaming the ref misses the point. Game management was missing today - Scotland at no point opted to get the score board 'ticking over' - and in a game this close, that could have made a difference. 

Also, for any groundsmen on JKB, I'd love to know about that hybrid pitch in those conditions with undersoil heating - unforced errors all over the place. Especially towards the end. 

Credit to the Welsh winger - he's set the six nations alight. Born 9th February 2001 -what the ****!

manaliveits105

Also, for any groundsmen on JKB, I'd love to know about that hybrid pitch in those conditions with undersoil heating - unforced errors all over the place. Especially towards the end. 

Neilson and Budge oot !

12 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

An egg chasing friend of mine told me that when the Welsh were up here quite a few Scots were down there being 'entertained' by the Welsh ladies.

Aye Cardiff was a great night out back in the day when Wales were at Murrayfield.

:scenes:

12 hours ago, Deodato said:

In test rugby, the Inside Centre has to be a second pair of eyes and ears for the Stand Off to manage the game. The most famous example: when Mike Catt played inside centre, Wilkinson was on fire. 

Lang today failed to show up. At Harlequins he has a reputation of being a stroller and it showed. If anything, what I learned today is that Redpath is a really really exciting prospect. 

Blaming the ref misses the point. Game management was missing today - Scotland at no point opted to get the score board 'ticking over' - and in a game this close, that could have made a difference. 

Also, for any groundsmen on JKB, I'd love to know about that hybrid pitch in those conditions with undersoil heating - unforced errors all over the place. Especially towards the end. 

Credit to the Welsh winger - he's set the six nations alight. Born 9th February 2001 -what the ****!

Absolutely correct. We turned down 4 chances to kick a penalty, and lost by a point.

I think there was a touch of overconfidence in going for the try each time.We are notoriously bad at finishing from close range,and the Welsh defence is always strong. None of the four chances were taken, and we lost by a point, says it all. 

5 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Absolutely correct. We turned down 4 chances to kick a penalty, and lost by a point.

I think there was a touch of overconfidence in going for the try each time.We are notoriously bad at finishing from close range,and the Welsh defence is always strong. None of the four chances were taken, and we lost by a point, says it all. 

We scored a try and another was disallowed. I'll take this everytime. Ta! 

12 hours ago, Deodato said:

Could be wrong, did Scotland not have the opp of a penalty at 17-3 but chose A line out option? 20-3 takes it to 3 scores needed by Wales

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Ah. Not just an Urban myth then.....

:ruiner:

No factual stuff.

Used to travel down in a mini bus, and arrive back on different days on different forms of transport depending on success of the mission😂

4 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

We scored a try and another was disallowed. I'll take this everytime. Ta! 

Earlier in the game we had the chance for points to stretch the lead, and ended with nothing apart from encouraging them.

Its Test match rugby you have to be clinical.

What is the benefit of a disallowed try?

2 minutes ago, merrymac said:

Earlier in the game we had the chance for points to stretch the lead, and ended with nothing apart from encouraging them.

Its Test match rugby you have to be clinical.

What is the benefit of a disallowed try?

The red card done Scotland. Even after all mistakes and penalties, Scotland would have pumped Wales with 15 v 15.

And I hope England absolutely annihilate Wales. 

21 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

Could be wrong, did Scotland not have the opp of a penalty at 17-3 but chose A line out option? 20-3 takes it to 3 scores needed by Wales

Wasn't that when we scored the try that was disallowed

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

Wasn't that when we scored the try that was disallowed

No, from BBC site late in first half, we had a pen, kick able, went for line out. It's all it's and buts but possibly 17 point lead at break instead of 9.

Scotland took 2 tap penalties near the Welsh try line. Yet the Welsh didn't get penalised with a sin bin. Another elbow was not penalised either, yet Scotland gets a red card. 

willie wallace
47 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The red card done Scotland. Even after all mistakes and penalties, Scotland would have pumped Wales with 15 v 15.

And I hope England absolutely annihilate Wales. 

I genuinely do not understand what Wales done yesterday to kick off this apparent England love in going on at the moment.

I hope it's just the usual reaction to a narrow defeat.

It was a typical hard fought 6 natiions game and without the red card I think we would have won it .

Remember Owen Farrell  before you start shouting for England.

Malinga the Swinga
17 hours ago, NANOJAMBO said:

This.

You could clearly hear the ref talking about how Halfpenny's foul wasn't that bad - even tho he had zero chance of getting the ball and made no effort to pull out of the tackle.  Halfpenny knew what he was doing. 

Halfpenny had duty of care to ensure Graham not injured and he didn't exercise that in any way. He clearly a yellow but referee let him off. 

Still, can't blame ref apparently.

Ignored high tackle at end of game, despite the TMO bringing it to his attention but still, can't blame the ref apparently. 

Allowed Wales to commit numerous penalties at scrum and be offside continually on their goalline but still, can't blame ref apparently. 

Just because Scotland made mistakes doesn't mean ref allowed to cheat, or does it?