2021 Six Nations

PortyJambo

3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Scotland took 2 tap penalties near the Welsh try line. Yet the Welsh didn't get penalised with a sin bin. Another elbow was not penalised either, yet Scotland gets a red card. 

Wales defo should have had a forward binned at that point. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dusk_Till_Dawn

• Tazio

• neilnunb

• Cruyff

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Classic bit of France doing french things with that try. 
Ireland have a much more experienced pack and the front row will be France’s weak point. An interesting match. 

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Halfpenny had duty of care to ensure Graham not injured and he didn't exercise that in any way. He clearly a yellow but referee let him off. 

Still, can't blame ref apparently.

Ignored high tackle at end of game, despite the TMO bringing it to his attention but still, can't blame the ref apparently. 

Allowed Wales to commit numerous penalties at scrum and be offside continually on their goalline but still, can't blame ref apparently. 

Just because Scotland made mistakes doesn't mean ref allowed to cheat, or does it? 

cheat, ffs 

This is similar to yesterday’s game in that France should probably be out of sight by now. Wonder if they will also pay the price for letting inferior opponents back in the game.

I’m struggling to see why Ireland have gone to the bother of naturalising Lowe and putting him straight into the starting line up. A winger who’s first instinct is always to kick doesn’t make much sense. Unless they think he could be a full back as he’s currently playing like a wide full back in terms of what he does and wants to do. 

14 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I’m struggling to see why Ireland have gone to the bother of naturalising Lowe and putting him straight into the starting line up. A winger who’s first instinct is always to kick doesn’t make much sense. Unless they think he could be a full back as he’s currently playing like a wide full back in terms of what he does and wants to do. 

Missed the start of the game and just assumed he was playing full back from his positioning and always going for the high ball

4 hours ago, willie wallace said:

I genuinely do not understand what Wales done yesterday to kick off this apparent England love in going on at the moment.

I hope it's just the usual reaction to a narrow defeat.

It was a typical hard fought 6 natiions game and without the red card I think we would have won it .

Remember Owen Farrell  before you start shouting for England.

I'm going to be honest, the Welsh fans in both Rugby and Football irritate me more than the English.

They're arrogant ****wits who wouldn't be out of place supporting either half of the OF. 

I genuinely hope Wales get beat in every game they play in.

England doesn't register for me unless Scotland are playing them. Or they're about to win a tournament then I'll want them pumped.

Truth be told in rugby terms I've had more pleasant nights in London than I have Cardiff.

9 hours ago, willie wallace said:

I genuinely do not understand what Wales done yesterday to kick off this apparent England love in going on at the moment.

It was a typical hard fought 6 natiions game and without the red card I think we would have won it .

Love England? ME!  The Enemy of my enemy is my friend in this one, because when Scotland go to France and win, and they will, we'll need England to take Wales out of the championship equation. Oh and I'm bealin'

Edited by ri Alban

12 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Willie Wallace is right. We should also remember how Ryan Wilson dealt with Owen Farrell. 

willie wallace
11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Love England? ME!  The Enemy of my enemy is my friend in this one, because when Scotland go to France and win, and they will, we'll need England to take Wales out of the championship equation. Oh and I'm bealin'

Yes.I was very surprised when you said it but their were a few posts saying they wanted England to win because Wales were this or Wales were that.

No one at the time mentioned  it was because it could be a good result for Scotland.

Anyway now that you have cleared that up I will sleep better😃

Dusk_Till_Dawn
16 hours ago, Tazio said:

Ireland seem to have struggled to replicate the era of O’Driscoll and others. They’ve very little flair and they’re limited in a lot of positions. Scotland have much more potential, which is why Saturday was so frustrating

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Ireland seem to have struggled to replicate the era of O’Driscoll and others. They’ve very little flair and they’re limited in a lot of positions. Scotland have much more potential, which is why Saturday was so frustrating

Bizarre for Ireland considering how strong Leinster have been.

Protentially more Sexton's rapid demise than anything, or at least inability to see out a test match.

1 hour ago, DETTY29 said:

Bizarre for Ireland considering how strong Leinster have been.

Protentially more Sexton's rapid demise than anything, or at least inability to see out a test match.

Ireland might to be playing a game/ game plan that isn't as successful against teams that have changed. Certainly too much kicking, a problem England have too. 

Malinga the Swinga
21 hours ago, BudgeUp said:

I'm going to be honest, the Welsh fans in both Rugby and Football irritate me more than the English.

They're arrogant ****wits who wouldn't be out of place supporting either half of the OF. 

I genuinely hope Wales get beat in every game they play in.

England doesn't register for me unless Scotland are playing them. Or they're about to win a tournament then I'll want them pumped.

Truth be told in rugby terms I've had more pleasant nights in London than I have Cardiff.

Correct. Wales are the most arrogant rugby nation on earth, including the current summarisors we are forced to ensure when they are playing. 

Some say New Zealand and England but at least they have won world cup, which is more than Wales ever will. 

Their football team is heading same way. 

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Correct. Wales are the most arrogant rugby nation on earth, including the current summarisors we are forced to ensure when they are playing. 

Some say New Zealand and England but at least they have won world cup, which is more than Wales ever will. 

Their football team is heading same way. 

I grew up in rugby terms in the 1970s when Wales had JPR, Gareth Edwards, Phil Bennett the Pontypool front row and many more who made up a pretty fine squad so their supporters 'arrogance' didn't seem to be arrogance - just a fair acknowledgement that they were the best five nations team. I've not been to a game with Wales for about 30 years now and would have hoped that their many years of being nothing special would have rubbed that off them.

Just now, I P Knightley said:

I grew up in rugby terms in the 1970s when Wales had JPR, Gareth Edwards, Phil Bennett the Pontypool front row and many more who made up a pretty fine squad so their supporters 'arrogance' didn't seem to be arrogance - just a fair acknowledgement that they were the best five nations team. I've not been to a game with Wales for about 30 years now and would have hoped that their many years of being nothing special would have rubbed that off them.

Mate. 

They’re the Aberdeen of international rugby. 

7 hours ago, willie wallace said:

Yes.I was very surprised when you said it but their were a few posts saying they wanted England to win because Wales were this or Wales were that.

No one at the time mentioned  it was because it could be a good result for Scotland.

Anyway now that you have cleared that up I will sleep better😃

:rofl:

👍

I P Knightley
26 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Mate. 

They’re the Aberdeen of international rugby. 

A comparison that crossed my mind while typing that last post :biglaugh:

1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

A comparison that crossed my mind while typing that last post :biglaugh:

It’s teams with red strips, Aberdeen, Liverpool, Wales. Actually the Liverpool comparison is probably closer, a few genuine high spots in the last few years but the fans still confuse that with actually being the best around. 

56 minutes ago, Barack said:

Stand poles always add to the match day experience, I've always found.

Excellent for neck muscles.

Correct. That new stand looks like it came from Ikea. 

1 hour ago, Deodato said:

Correct. That new stand looks like it came from Ikea. 

They are apparently still looking for Bolt no 5 from page 76 diagram 114?

WoolfordsHearts
3 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

The changing rooms/shower facilities are still in Murrayfield stadium so they still have to run over to their own"stadium"

It looks more like the great British bake off tent than a sporting venue.

Dennis Reynolds
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

That’s a ridiculous length of ban for something that nobody apart from the ref thought was a red. 

Also a week longer than the Irish boy got which was, imo, much worse.

2 minutes ago, LMc said:

Also a week longer than the Irish boy got which was, imo, much worse.

In my (probably biased) opinion O’Mahoney knew exactly what he was doing. Fagerson just misjudged.  

On 16/02/2021 at 19:27, Cruyff said:

Shoddy as ****. Edinburgh Accies have got a better ground. 

Correct. Indeed Goldenacre/Stew Mel/Watsons could have been redeveloped to deliver a better job. 

SRU decision making is like a calamity of errors. 

On 17/02/2021 at 00:02, Tazio said:

In my (probably biased) opinion O’Mahoney knew exactly what he was doing. Fagerson just misjudged.  

I think the reaction of O'Mahoney as he walked off the pitch suggests you are right. Fagerson felt hard done by, O'Mahoney knew he got what he deserved. 

Somebody got a backhander on that Edinburgh "stadium" if it cost >£5m. We got a hybrid pitch for £1m, so even though the pitch might be the biggest cost for Edinburgh, it's hard to imagine those IKEA stands costing the best part of £4m. It's not like it's got changing facilities, etc, as they're still using Murrayfield for them.

On 17/02/2021 at 00:02, Tazio said:

Totally agree. Of course you can never be sure but to me O'Mahony saw red before seeing red. Fagerson was unlucky and mistimed.

I'm bias too but my English mates down here all thought the same.

Seymour M Hersh
2 hours ago, Deodato said:

I think the reaction of O'Mahoney as he walked off the pitch suggests you are right. Fagerson felt hard done by, O'Mahoney knew he got what he deserved. 

I took this from the comments section of the offside line. Someone who is more knowledgable than me about the rules and panels.

"The system is as described, designed to punish any challenge, and is rotten. Roddy Dunlop has confirmed that if you challenge then you lose discount, and he knows a thing or two about this.
So the panel applied the system which is akin to witch trials. Admit guilt, and burned at the stake. Dont admit guilt, tie up and throw them in the pond and if they drown then innocent, if survive must be a witch, burn at the stake. Its a shit system. One bound to produce irrational outcomes like this.
Its a medieval approach, like much of WR, 6N and RWC organisers, dont dare challenge their fiefdoms".

The comments section is an interesting read as it shows the egg chasers (of which I was one at school) complain about the same things as football fans. Just more politely.:lol:

1 hour ago, Dawnrazor said:

Munster giving Edinburgh a spanking 😔

They were talking about that during Ireland v France. How the Irish provinces are utterly dominant but somehow Ireland can't put together attacking phases. 

Just now, Mikey1874 said:

They were talking about that during Ireland v France. How the Irish provinces are utterly dominant but somehow Ireland can't put together attacking phases. 

Munster were, and have been, brilliant every time I've seen them, Edinburgh weren't bad, they'd have beaten another side tonight, but the depth Ireland have and at a young age too is very impressive, how is it not transferring to the national side??????

5 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Munster were, and have been, brilliant every time I've seen them, Edinburgh weren't bad, they'd have beaten another side tonight, but the depth Ireland have and at a young age too is very impressive, how is it not transferring to the national side??????

They kick too much rather than building the play. But opposition at international level also too strong. And sides like France (and Scotland hopefully now) have too much variety and nous. 

14 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

A more cynical person might say having a rugby league legend as your head coach isn’t conducive to preparing a top level union team.