Shrek the Mafia Game

yvonnejambo

Morgaro Gomis
3 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Second time you’ve tried to throw me under the bus. I find that... interesting...

I’d also add that I haven’t had that an easy ride - Vlad (funny that), yourself and Sean have all questioned me at various times. 

My reaponse has always been the same - vote for me if you doubt me, I’m not a huge loss. Alternatively the cop could investigate me but that would be a waste.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• Riddley Walker

• Stuart McNeill

• Morgaro Gomis

Riddley Walker

It's quite frustrating that certain posters barely get any attention and just swan in and out and don't contribute. 

I was v busy with work this morning so made an effort to come on this afternoon and respond and ask a couple of questions and I get voted down.

Not overly bothered as I'm just a townie but next game I'll log on at half 8, vote then go away again.

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

I’d also add that I haven’t had that an easy ride - Vlad (funny that), yourself and Sean have all questioned me at various times. 

My reaponse has always been the same - vote for me if you doubt me, I’m not a huge loss. Alternatively the cop could investigate me but that would be a waste.

You've barely been mentioned today, that's all I meant.

Not trying to throw you under anything, I've no idea what your role is. Just asking a question and thinking out loud.

Riddley Walker
8 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Unvote dandy

vote riddley. 

seems the dodgiest so far. 

So you think Bunny is a goon but aren't going to vote for him.

Nobody else is really suspecting Bunny apart from you so I'm not sure why you're so convinced the assassin will take him out.

Morgaro Gomis
2 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

It's quite frustrating that certain posters barely get any attention and just swan in and out and don't contribute. 

I was v busy with work this morning so made an effort to come on this afternoon and respond and ask a couple of questions and I get voted down.

Not overly bothered as I'm just a townie but next game I'll log on at half 8, vote then go away again.

I agree with this. I also acknowledge that I’ve been quiet this game which is not how I normally play.

Work has been a hell of a lot busier than expected this week and had I known that I liked wouldn’t have signed up as I don’t think it’s fair to the organiser nor the game to barely contribute.

When I give a reason for not posting though, it’s legitimate and not an excuse to cover anything up. If anything I’d say I’m more active when a goon or mason as I find it easier to get involved.

Morgaro Gomis
1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

Nobody else is really suspecting Bunny apart from you so I'm not sure why you're so convinced the assassin will take him out.

I think the answer could be quite obvious to that one. 

Morgaro Gomis

unvote Riddley

My vote for him was petty and out of spite than anything else. I think Sheldon or Boof is a goon, I’m not convinced by Riddley although he has been slightly defensive that could just be from frustration. One to keep an eye on for sure. 

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Yeah no one else is claiming to be the assassin so would be a strange to basically say your that with the bunny comment 

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

I agree with this. I also acknowledge that I’ve been quiet this game which is not how I normally play.

Work has been a hell of a lot busier than expected this week and had I known that I liked wouldn’t have signed up as I don’t think it’s fair to the organiser nor the game to barely contribute.

When I give a reason for not posting though, it’s legitimate and not an excuse to cover anything up. If anything I’d say I’m more active when a goon or mason as I find it easier to get involved.

Then why the retaliatory vote when I point it out then :lol:

It looks like I may be lynched so I'd encourage everyone to look carefully at the voting here.

Ian and Shapes started it.

Morgaro and Alim have piled in. 

And we'll see who finishes it off.

Stuart McNeill
6 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Alim must be telling us he is the assassin. 

Stuart McNeill
4 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

He realises that if bunny is a goon. Goons go first. So either Alim dies and Bunny survives. Or alim is kept alive knowing from tomorrow he's just a fancy townie and bunny's allowed to die as a townie. 

Riddley Walker
3 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

unvote Riddley

My vote for him was petty and out of spite than anything else. I think Sheldon or Boof is a goon, I’m not convinced by Riddley although he has been slightly defensive that could just be from frustration. One to keep an eye on for sure. 

I'm aware I may be going a bit Andyish in my defence (sorry Andy) but I am actually genuinely frustrated. 

Morgaro Gomis
6 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Then why the retaliatory vote when I point it out then :lol:

It looks like I may be lynched so I'd encourage everyone to look carefully at the voting here.

Ian and Shapes started it.

Morgaro and Alim have piled in. 

And we'll see who finishes it off.

The retaliatory vote was due to the claims I only vote safe, not the claims that I have been quieter than normal.

We're in a similar position to that which the town found itself last game. Masons are all gone. Cop still there, but nobody to share intel with. The town are desperate to get someone and will jump on anything to get a goon. Meanwhile, the goons hide or pop in now and again to offer a bland reasoning on something, before sliding away again. Meanwhile on the goon chat it is party central as they watch the town tear itself apart. Again.

The goons don't need to encourage a pile on when the town is already doing that anyway. Although I do realise that Vlad bucked that trend somewhat, but then that's Vlad.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

I'm always wary of people who go for the lowest poster or someone who is on the verge of being mod killed. It's a complete cop out and is an easy way to blend in because more than likely there will be a couple of people willing to get rid of that person to keep the key contributors in the game.  Boof as an example is someone who votes in that manner but as he did so this time, pushes his vote elsewhere as soon as that person posts.

Now hold on a cotton-pickin' moment...

First I get accused of playing differently...now I'm dodgy because I do what I always do 🤷‍♂️

When someone is up for a modkill - it makes absolute sense to vote them. If they haven't posted they're most likely to be a townie which is the least bad option of lynching since goons are notoriously hard to spot on day 1.

Prince might have been up for a modkill - he has previous - so I voted him. He wasn't, so I unvoted. Andy looked about as dodgy as anyone could look on day 1 so I voted him into a tie knowing that at worst he'd go into a tiebreak. I wasn't aware of whom it might look like I was 'trying to save' - I didn't have a running total of my own but, using Dandy's spreadsheet I could see a whole raft of folk on 1 vote so chose the one I felt had been unusually different.

If any of the folk I inadvertently 'saved' turn out to be goons - well I guess it's egg on face time for me. I have no knowledge of anyones' role, I have no buddies and no way - other than reading the thread - of determining who might be good.

Sheesh - and back to work I go.

Riddley Walker
7 minutes ago, Boof said:

First I get accused of playing differently...now I'm dodgy because I do what I always do 🤷‍♂️

When someone is up for a modkill - it makes absolute sense to vote them. If they haven't posted they're most likely to be a townie which is the least bad option of lynching since goons are notoriously hard to spot on day 1.

Prince might have been up for a modkill - he has previous - so I voted him. He wasn't, so I unvoted. Andy looked about as dodgy as anyone could look on day 1 so I voted him into a tie knowing that at worst he'd go into a tiebreak. I wasn't aware of whom it might look like I was 'trying to save' - I didn't have a running total of my own but, using Dandy's spreadsheet I could see a whole raft of folk on 1 vote so chose the one I felt had been unusually different.

If any of the folk I inadvertently 'saved' turn out to be goons - well I guess it's egg on face time for me. I have no knowledge of anyones' role, I have no buddies and no way - other than reading the thread - of determining who might be good.

It's not just because of your vote though, you're usually way more of an contributor in general and post way more in the evenings. And last time you did this you were a goon. I don't really have an issue with your votes tbh, but I'm suspicious of your change in playing style.

I'm going to vote Boof too.

I've also said consistently throughout this game that I mildly suspected him, before anyone thinks I'm purely just jumping on Dunks vote.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
49 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

I've never played with Prince before and have no idea what his style is. He wasn't going to be modkilled as had posted. But he was very quiet, and we all know there's likely to be a goon in amongst the very quiet posters. I wasn't going to stick a vote in for Seats, Alim, Sean at that stage because I didn't want to put any of them in front/or a tie.

Why did you vote for Alim? Was he not very quiet yesterday until the evening?

Prince has history for being mod killed for not posting and can be a quiet player, but from memory his work commitments mean he won't always be around during the busier periods.

As I mentioned yesterday, I wanted to direct a vote for one of the players down the bottom of the voting order from day one as I felt the lack of activity towards the end of day one was telling. Alim was the player I picked from that group, but there was no reaction to that for a number of reasons.  There are however other players I'm more suspicious of now.

16 minutes ago, Boof said:

I was just commenting on the fact that you're a player who tends to go for those who are running the risk of being mod killed, nothing more.  It's not a strategy I agree with for reasons I've mentioned more than once recently but recognise that there are players who like that option.

I wasn't really trying to call you out for it.

can i suggest we all post a trust  & goon list containing 1 player each

give no reason why you've picked them

this way if the cop gets hit we can look back and know the result of the investigation

Stuart McNeill
2 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

this way if the cop gets hit we can look back and know the result of the investigation

How can we look back and know the results?

Trust alim

Goon riddley/Sean

Edited by Stuart McNeill

Riddley Walker
5 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

Sorry but is this not a bad idea considering the goons know the cop has investigated one of them and will be desperate to find out the cops identity.

2 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

How can we look back and know the results?

Trust alim

Goon riddley/Sean

because he's already had 2 investigations and knows 1 good / 1 bad unless they've been killed

Sorry but is this not a bad idea considering the goons know the cop has investigated one of them and will be desperate to find out the cops identity.

there's 10 non goons left so the chance is some of us will name a goon at random leaving them unsure of who the cop is

there is a small risk but if they gets hit anyway their info dies with them

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, jambosean75 said:

there's 10 non goons left so the chance is some of us will name a goon at random leaving them unsure of who the cop is

there is a small risk but if they gets hit anyway their info dies with them

It's a relatively small risk but if the person the cop actually investigated isn't under suspicion by the rest of the town we could hand them the cop.

it was just a suggestion so we don't lose the info

if the majority think it's a bad idea, we don't do it

or are you trying to suppress the goons name getting out:levein_interesting:

Riddley Walker
2 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

Eh nah, considering we have no idea who the cop is it doesn't really matter from that end.

Surely more suspicious you're trying to risk giving the cop to the goons.

Something you and Boof dreamed up in the goon chat?

Riddley Walker
5 minutes ago, jambosean75 said:

Okay, say the goon is Sheldon. And the cop decided to investigate him and found him bad. (apologies Sheldon)

Then everyone else lists me, Boof, Sean and whoever else and are all wrong, which is possible, then we've literally told the goons the cops's name.

I can't be the only one to think this.

Tenaciousdandy

I trust alim but only due to his due to his post regarding bunny 

Not got a clue who the day 1 would have been, there is a high chance the used bs so could be anyone of the players left including myself which I'm not just pointing that out 

Possible day 2 could be shapes due to her putting dawn into a tie on day 1 and her very late vote yesterday would arise suspicion, but there was also the pile on seats that would have caught the cops eye so possibly vlad already dead so hope not or bunny 

So shapes or bunny for the day 2 investigation would be my choice 

1 minute ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

I trust alim but only due to his due to his post regarding bunny 

Not got a clue who the day 1 would have been, there is a high chance the used bs so could be anyone of the players left including myself which I'm not just pointing that out 

Possible day 2 could be shapes due to her putting dawn into a tie on day 1 and her very late vote yesterday would arise suspicion, but there was also the pile on seats that would have caught the cops eye so possibly vlad already dead so hope not or bunny 

So shapes or bunny for the day 2 investigation would be my choice 

This is why I tentatively trust Alim. He's inferring to be the assassin and noone else is coming forward.
He is incorrect about me though, I'm just a townie.

Okay, say the goon is Sheldon. And the cop decided to investigate him and found him bad. (apologies Sheldon)

Then everyone else lists me, Boof, Sean and whoever else and are all wrong, which is possible, then we've literally told the goons the cops's name.

possibly

or between the 10 of us we randomly guess all 3 and they have no idea which one was investigated

but as i said it was only an idea, if most think it's a bad idea we leave it alone

7 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

This is why I tentatively trust Alim. He's inferring to be the assassin and noone else is coming forward.
He is incorrect about me though, I'm just a townie.

We will see when the assassin takes you out then.  

FWIW if I were the doc I would be aiming to save me BTW. The goons will out for revenge and doubt it would be wise to lose another townie. Especially if we don’t hit Prince Charming or another goon with the day time lynch. 

Morgaro Gomis

Trust: Alim. Would be a bold play to make the claims he has at this stage, no argument against it either.

Would investigate Boof. 

My goon list would be:

- Boof/Sheldon (one or the other, not sure which)

- Bunny (purely for the situation with Vlad)

- Riddley (not sure on this one, could easily be a number of players)

13 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

We will see when the assassin takes you out then.  

FWIW if I were the doc I would be aiming to save me BTW. The goons will out for revenge and doubt it would be wise to lose another townie. Especially if we don’t hit Prince Charming or another goon with the day time lynch. 

No hint of irony there.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper
33 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Just thinking out loud on my part, the cop wouldn't need to put the person they investigated on their list? They could choose to name the person they're going to investigate next (although we wouldn't know it at the time) so your scenario couldn't arise.

I'm not even sure if that works but been thinking about Sean's suggestion for the last wee while and ways the cop could get around revealing themselves.

Riddley Walker
5 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

Just thinking out loud on my part, the cop wouldn't need to put the person they investigated on their list? They could choose to name the person they're going to investigate next (although we wouldn't know it at the time) so your scenario couldn't arise.

I'm not even sure if that works but been thinking about Sean's suggestion for the last wee while and ways the cop could get around revealing themselves.

Yeah I guess that would be a bit safer. Could still be bad if the cop is only one that chooses a goon, but I suppose that's unlikely and perhaps I'm overthinking this a bit much.

Stuart McNeill
13 minutes ago, Dr. Sheldon Cooper said:

From the general consensus Boof may be the one to be investigated tonight. He may have even been investigated last night or night 1. We're in a difficult situation. He may even be cop 😂

Given the info that Alim is giving us (no one has challenged it). I would advise him to investigate Boof (Riddley if he doesn’t get lynched).

Tenaciousdandy
6 minutes ago, Stuart McNeill said:

Could we not just all agree to a name to be investigated and hope alim isn't the cop? 😂 😂 😂

The issue we have is the cop can only trust the investigated players so far until charming turns the charm on, then its back to day 1 again like the last game, the plus is once the turning has happened we'll hopefully still have the cop and he can build a new trust list 

Stuart McNeill
5 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Given the info that Alim is giving us (no one has challenged it). I would advise him to investigate Boof (Riddley if he doesn’t get lynched).

He's assassin not cop?

Tenaciousdandy
1 minute ago, iantjambo said:

That surely not what he’s saying is it?

Definitely don't think he's claiming to be the cop, 100% assassin 

1 minute ago, Tenaciousdandy said:

Definitely don't think he's claiming to be the cop, 100% assassin 

Ok.

Sorry, I misread what he was saying.