Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )

wattie exploited

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Bongo 1874

• A_A wehatethehibs

• sadj

A_A wehatethehibs
8 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

I think Halliday gets in his road. Tonight he was the point most of our play went through. We look better for it.

No, Halliday kept giving him the ball I thought. Which is all I want Halliday to do. Just keep giving Irving the ball

Irving was brilliant tonight, much much better than the other day

18 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No, Halliday kept giving him the ball I thought. Which is all I want Halliday to do. Just keep giving Irving the ball

Irving was brilliant tonight, much much better than the other day

The difference tonight wasn’t in Irving, he was equally good on Saturday, it was the rest of the team turned up. 

30 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Made it look easy tonight. Easily the most technically gifted player I've seen us produce. Looks like a new and fitter Barry Ferguson. 

I have been thinking that for a wee while, the Ferguson comparison. He maybe makes more incisive forward passes though. Ferguson was often side to side. He was excellent on Saturday too - the only thing that kept me watching. Tonight against 10 he had even more space to do his stuff.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, buzzbomb said:

The difference tonight wasn’t in Irving, he was equally good on Saturday, it was the rest of the team turned up. 

No, he was much much better out of possesion. Players ran past him 2 or 3 times on Saturday. But tonight he had a bit of bite in a couple of tackles and closed down space very well. 

Just now, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No, he was much much better out of possesion. Players ran past him 2 or 3 times on Saturday. But tonight he had a bit of bite in a couple of tackles and closed down space very well. 

Centre midfielders ? He was a one man midfield on Saturday. Halliday no where. No tracking back from wide players. Results change perspective. 

HillmanHearts
35 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The more games he plays the more I worry about his contract situation 

Me too.

Was class tonight.

I just hope Hearts are not trying to get him on the cheap. If we went to the market for a player of his quality, ability and future potential we would need to fork out. 
Open yer purse Ann. Get the lad tied up. Future Hearts captain & Scotland legend IMO.

42 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Made it look easy tonight. Easily the most technically gifted player I've seen us produce. Looks like a new and fitter Barry Ferguson. 

Totally agree, we need to persevere with him as first pick even when he has an off game. Hopefully he signs a new deal as I can see him making us a few Bob in years to come

Fozzyonthefence
14 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

First name on the team sheet for me (after Gordon).

So, 2nd name on the team sheet then?🤣

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, stevie1874 said:

Totally agree, we need to persevere with him as first pick even when he has an off game. Hopefully he signs a new deal as I can see him making us a few Bob in years to come

I don’t really care about selling him, I’m more interested in what type of team we can build around him while he’s here. If we can get him a real quality partner, we could be a seriously good surprise package team next season.  

Flux Capacitor

Assuming he’s not wanting astronomical sums, it would be gross mismanagement should we allow him to leave the club for nothing.

When you think of the money that’s been wasted on utter dross over the years it shouldn’t be an issue.

Hopefully with Joe Savage now in control of matters and not that stubborn erse CL, it will be resolved 🤞🏻.

22 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I just hope Hearts are not trying to get him on the cheap. If we went to the market for a player of his quality, ability and future potential we would need to fork out. 
Open yer purse Ann. Get the lad tied up. Future Hearts captain & Scotland legend IMO.

Apparently the first offer was a shocker from Hearts. 

This guy is quality. Long term deal needed. He is only going to get better and better. 

16 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

I don’t really care about selling him, I’m more interested in what type of team we can build around him while he’s here. If we can get him a real quality partner, we could be a seriously good surprise package team next season.  

I agree, but rate the boy highly and money talks and spoiled the game. Let’s just hope we can get him signed and enjoy him while we can. If Haring could ever get back to the form he showed before injury the centre midfield would be sorted. 

There’s a fair few who will leave in the summer so that should free up some wage money. Hopefully that will be put towards Andys new contract. Simples ?

Edited by 1971fozzy

He's certainly improving. I love the disguised pass forward that he's mastered. 

Hopefully he signs an extension in the coming weeks.

We should play Irving on the left of a midfield 3, find a dominant central midfielder (if Haring is done) and and bring in an Irving clone to play to right of centre.

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, gnasher75 said:

I have been thinking that for a wee while, the Ferguson comparison. He maybe makes more incisive forward passes though. Ferguson was often side to side. He was excellent on Saturday too - the only thing that kept me watching. Tonight against 10 he had even more space to do his stuff.

Hopefully, but Ferguson was bossing games v Italy for Scotland and bossing finals and cuo finals and in Europe for Rangers. 

Far too early to compare on that scale. 

Ferguson was a quality player, if Irving is anywhere near his level we're in for a treat. 

Folk do get carried away a bit sometimes. 

3.5 year deal ASAP please with a 1 year option and build the team around this talented player

replace Halliday with a robust mobile player  and by playing  with only one wide player middle to front looks decent

2 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Apparently the first offer was a shocker from Hearts. 

This guy is quality. Long term deal needed. He is only going to get better and better. 

May live to regret this. Hopefully Doc Savage can fix it soon. 

quockerwodgerjambo
4 hours ago, Newton51 said:

The more games he plays the more I worry about his contract situation 

The more games he plays the more he realizes his value and place at our club, people have been saying he hasn't been played enough from the start etc.

So he now has a berth in the side, one he has earned and yet to master. Who thinks Andy will walk away and go elsewhere to be put under pressure from the off ?

3 year deal incoming.

8 minutes ago, quockerwodgerjambo said:

The more games he plays the more he realizes his value and place at our club, people have been saying he hasn't been played enough from the start etc.

So he now has a berth in the side, one he has earned and yet to master. Who thinks Andy will walk away and go elsewhere to be put under pressure from the off ?

3 year deal incoming.

This guy will play at a high level. I think from a career point of view he should stay another 18 months at least but if he’s got an agent in his ear for the EPL big bucks he’ll be off in the summer IMO

quockerwodgerjambo
1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

This guy will play at a high level. I think from a career point of view he should stay another 18 months at least but if he’s got an agent in his ear for the EPL big bucks he’ll be off in the summer IMO

It is Andy Irving, who is still cementing his place in the match day side, he will excel anything we have seen so far. I agree on 18 month , but Andy is one of ours, so different touchy type dealings going on. He will have everyone in his ear, saying this is why we want you to stay and be part of the story here. The more he excels , the more chance we have of keeping him. If he wasn't getting to start, well that will be a different type conversation between him and Robbie or whoever in the set up. The way he is performing will also be part of any deal we offer him, we hold the aces on thus right now. Play him give him his place and all will be sorted. Why would he venture away, Hickey did and i would have that thought in my mind it is possible, Andy is Hearts right now, he has a chance to be the beating heart of the side. Will he get that in the EPL or wherever, not going to rule it out but i would find it unlikely he would walk into a top side right now. In fact he would probably end up in the second string.. He is now getting into our side regular from the start, this is his big time  as a young player with top league experience.

I would be surprised and totally pissed off if we allowed him to see things differently. We can match most sides in the UK outside of the EPL and top half of the EC. The manky old twins is the dear that hangs around over this wait. Potentially would be able to play in either side right now , is it likely though. We wait to find out.

StirlingJambo

Class touch, passing and vision and will only get better. Give him a long contract so when we do sell we can make good money on him. Will be worth a big contract in the end as I see him going for a decent price if he keeps improving. If we can get the old Haring back next to him it will let him concentrate more in the best part of him game. 

9 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

He is good but could not lace Barry Ferguson's boots at same age.

7 hours ago, bajthejambo said:

He's certainly improving. I love the disguised pass forward that he's mastered. 

Hopefully he signs an extension in the coming weeks.

Hopefully Hearts give him an extension worth signing ASAP. The current offer was just small improvement, not close to what players he keeps out the team get. It could be that this was done to lock in the training compensation incase a bid comes in this window. 

22 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I don't see how you could know that. Ferguson was 20, the same age as Irving before he became a first regular at Rangers. He was also dropped into Advocaat's treble winning side, where presumably you see a fair bit of the ball. 

Equally, the poster saying he looks better than Ferguson couldn't possibly know that at this point in his career.

26 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Nowhere near as good as ferguson

Talking of ferguson I wonder if we could offer him vice captaincy , similar to advocat giving ferguson the armband when be built the team round him 

He played really well last night and is in a fine run of form. His passing is outstanding, best I've seen for years. Defensively he either needs to improve, move further up field or needs a better midfield partner.

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, jambocub said:

Nowhere near as good as ferguson

Talking of ferguson I wonder if we could offer him vice captaincy , similar to advocat giving ferguson the armband when be built the team round him 

I wouldn’t say you can judge if he’s “nowhere near” he’s not playing in anywhere near as good a team, the comparison is in the way he plays. I honestly wouldn’t have any problem giving him the full captaincy now as a statement of: this is the future team, this is the way we want Hearts to play. But tbh, why bother throwing that in the mix when he’s doing so well. 

Just get him signed. He’s made us a counter offer - pay him Lee’s wages, 3 year deal, job done. 

Think when Halliday keeps it simple and mops up around him giving Andy the ball we look a different team. Still feel he needs to cut out over trying the defence splitting passes too many times and wait for the right moment. In his defence though without GMS or Ginnelly either side of him he doesn’t have much options but to try it. First name in the midfield team sheet. 

RustyRightPeg

I noticed last night, when Naismith came on the pitch several times the first thing I heard him shout was “Andy Irving, give him the ball” “get Andy Irving on the ball” and this was a constant from the minute he stepped foot on the park. 

He’s the best prospect we’ve had in years and we need him on a minimum of a 3 year extension to be able to cash in on him when that time comes.

Both Irving and Halliday had good games last night. Irving in particular was terrific. Totally bossed the midfield.  Helped in no small amount by Halliday who looked interested and did his job.  I hope this is a sign of things to come.

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

I noticed last night, when Naismith came on the pitch several times the first thing I heard him shout was “Andy Irving, give him the ball” “get Andy Irving on the ball” and this was a constant from the minute he stepped foot on the park. 

He’s the best prospect we’ve had in years and we need him on a minimum of a 3 year extension to be able to cash in on him when that time comes.

Best left foot since another legend who wore number 19 😎

When it comes to offering him a contract the only issue now should be his fitness, which a medical can confirm, and his willingness to sign, which a large enough amount of cash could confirm.

I have been singing his praises since he first appeared in the first team, and I'm glad to see that the numerous doubters on this thread have become understandably quiet. He will only get better, how much better is the only question but he is, and I make no apologies for saying this, the best young playmaker and passer of a ball I have seen at Hearts since, at least, Stevie Fulton and Colin Cameron. He's not exactly the same as either, he's more athletic than SF and a better passer of the ball than even CC, and I believe he will eventually be a better player than both. 

If we miss out on him at this late stage it will be a massive disappointment to me at least. If we don't make the very best offer to him that we can, then he will be away. I just hope it's not to the Uglies, it's inconceivable that any other club in Scotland will beat us. There will be Premiership clubs in England watching him, and that's where he will end up in the long-term imo, if not at a big European club.

Neil Dongcaster
12 hours ago, gashauskis9 said:

First name on the team sheet for me (after Gordon).

So the second name on the teamsheet then.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Hearing that it’s close, just the length of the deal that’s being discussed. 

Hope the discussion is about whether it's 3, 4 or 5 years. If Hearts do no more business before the transfer window shuts other than get Andy Irving signed on a long term deal then I'll be very happy with that.

His technique is fantastic and physically he is only going to get stronger, I really hope we can tie him down for the next couple of years minimum before he heads off to bigger things. A serious talent who we should be building a team round for the next couple of years 

A lot of potentially great young players drop a load when they are expected to perform to first team standards day in day out.

Irving has well and truly put on his big boy pants and is showing senior players how it should be done. Playing football that is, not wearing big boy pants. Although...

Get him on a 3 year deal and do it now. Massively important. 

Edited by Zen Jambo

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to Irving - signs for SK Austria Klagenfurt ( updated )