MAFIA - Let's save Christmas

Shapes

The kids are out to win it for themselves, so not sure why they'd follow your plan Boof. Once one is dead, hopefully they share the outcome as a converted townie, but a bit defeatist to start in that vein.

We've still to see anyone claim to be the Aussie too, which I'm surprised at.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tenaciousdandy

• AndyNic

• Shapes

• Boof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Boof the issue is knowing that the cop and the naughty girls and boys have done that without alerting the goons. Also you have forgot to add what happens if the naughties either save or kill someone rather than than investigate someone

Was just thinking this. Would rather the cop stayed alive as long as possible to get more investigations. What if the brother/sister duo decide to kill to try win the game themselves - they'd want the good guys and the cop gone.

1 minute ago, Dunks said:

The kids are out to win it for themselves, so not sure why they'd follow your plan Boof. Once one is dead, hopefully they share the outcome as a converted townie, but a bit defeatist to start in that vein.

G'day mate! If someone claims to be the Aussie then we can assume they're talking nonsense - or they'd be Mod Killed surely?

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

Boof the issue is knowing that the cop and the naughty girls and boys have done that without alerting the goons. Also you have forgot to add what happens if the naughties either save or kill someone rather than than investigate someone

Absolutely agree. We won't know. Unless, kinda BS-stylee, folk say they'll do so and if and when the Cop or mason gets killed we can work backwards?

Actually, since the naughties have the power to kill - let them have the top half since that's where I'm located. I've got absolutely nothing to lose (except lots of time if I stay alive :lol: ) if I get taken out by them. It'd be a wasted hit, but I'm fine with that.

At this early stage I didn't envisage the naughties trying to save anyone - too much risk of wasting the opportunity would be my thinking if I was one.

And if they kill someone - well, they'd be doing that anyway. A risk could be that the goons would thus target someone in the other half...aaarrgghhh!!!

Anyway Boof, happy for this to go ahead if it means we can out the bad yins and the Goons. Chances of hitting a brother/sister duo or a goon are pretty high so I can see how it would make sense. 

7 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Boof, what if they decide to use their assassin skills instead as they're going for the win themselves. They'd want rid of the cop...

I guess they don't know, any more than I do, which half the Cop is located in. Unless they're better readers of the game than I am...which would be unsurprising :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Because they'd have nothing to lose by doing so? And, should a partner become permanently incapacitated, they could be of more benefit to the town.

You call it defeatist - I call it seeing the good in people :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Not quite sure how someone would do that without incurring Shapes' wrath.

"S'trewth, mate! Chack anothah coupla snags on the barbie and gizza 4X - I'm as dry as a dingo's danglies, cobber."

Maybe?

Not me claiming antipodean status, by the way :lol: 

Tenaciousdandy
18 minutes ago, Boof said:

Absolutely agree. We won't know. Unless, kinda BS-stylee, folk say they'll do so and if and when the Cop or mason gets killed we can work backwards?

Actually, since the naughties have the power to kill - let them have the top half since that's where I'm located. I've got absolutely nothing to lose (except lots of time if I stay alive :lol: ) if I get taken out by them. It'd be a wasted hit, but I'm fine with that.

At this early stage I didn't envisage the naughties trying to save anyone - too much risk of wasting the opportunity would be my thinking if I was one.

And if they kill someone - well, they'd be doing that anyway. A risk could be that the goons would thus target someone in the other half...aaarrgghhh!!!

Seeing as the naughty kids aren't limited to the amount of bullets like the assassin just on a rota basis with the other remaining naughty duo,  you would think they would most likely go for kills over saves and investigations, i agree the chance of hitting the cop is probably the same as a random hit tho, the other issue is what if and  and its a big if in my opinion as I think they will kill they do investigate someone they might just investigate someone in the same section as the cop possibly leaving us thinking someone is good or bad in the wrong section as they will be the only ones who know 

I think it would be a good idea if the kids where actually on the side of the town and not in it for themselves but as I said I think it could cause  issues on the trust dont trust front 

The plus is if the kids do follow your plan then we could narrow the top and bottom sections down to a player been gokdnor bad but the cop would still have no idea who to trust from the kids section but it would be a start 

So all in all I think your plan has some issues which you have pointed out yourself but might work it might not but its idea anyway something this game is lacking atm 

4 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Seeing as the naughty kids aren't limited to the amount of bullets like the assassin just on a rota basis with the other remaining naughty duo,  you would think they would most likely go for kills over saves and investigations,

I think I agree that saves would, at this stage, be the least used. Kills probably most chance of winning for themselves but isn't this just the sort of game where you really, really want to find out what other folk are and might just go for an investigation?

I think it's a cracking development from Shapes as it gives more folk more to think about.

Better still if it eliminates the possibility of challenges...(yes, I'm still soor-faced about that one :lol:

i agree the chance of hitting the cop is probably the same as a random hit tho, the other issue is what if and  and its a big if in my opinion as I think they will kill they do investigate someone they might just investigate someone in the same section as the cop possibly leaving us thinking someone is good or bad in the wrong section as they will be the only ones who know 

I'm not sure that we will know, which kinda makes my morning's efforts a bit of a waste of time :lol: 

I think it would be a good idea if the kids where actually on the side of the town and not in it for themselves but as I said I think it could cause  issues on the trust dont trust front 

The plus is if the kids do follow your plan then we could narrow the top and bottom sections down to a player been gokdnor bad but the cop would still have no idea who to trust from the kids section but it would be a start 

So all in all I think your plan has some issues which you have pointed out yourself but might work it might not but its idea anyway something this game is lacking atm 

If nothing else, it's got some folk talking. Just need to determine whether it's good guys, naughty guys or bad guys who are chatting with me...

If i was a naughty child, Id definitely use the kill option.

It's not often you have the chance to kill someone in the game and cause a bit of mayhem, much like when the assassin goes wild on the first few days and blows all their bullets. 

Read back what I needed to and I'm going to

unvote Iant

vote Alim

His "forgetfulness" has been tried in previous games by other players, I'm sure. Maybe resurrecting an old tactic. 

1 minute ago, Bunny Munro said:

If i was a naughty child, Id definitely use the kill option.

It's not often you have the chance to kill someone in the game and cause a bit of mayhem, much like when the assassin goes wild on the first few days and blows all their bullets. 

Haha yeh that's the best. Wish I could do that again. 

I think anyone coming out and claiming to be the Aussie brother outright would be mod-killed, I would even be careful of using overly stereotypical Australian terms in case of upsetting Shapes.

Small clues are likely going to be the way to go.

1 hour ago, AndyNic said:

Ok so lowest post count is:

1 & 2 - Rudi and Riddley

3. Ian 

Ok so based on nothing but lurkiness so far I'm going to:

vote Rudi

Just now, AndyNic said:

Ok so based on nothing but lurkiness so far I'm going to:

vote Rudi

Although Ian very much suspicious. He's never usually this quiet.

10 minutes ago, AndyNic said:

Although Ian very much suspicious. He's never usually this quiet.

I can assure you that I’m good mate. Explained why I had been quiet yesterday. Had a few things to do today.

Not sure about Alim. Maybe grasping at straws with the Yvonne thing. Would a goon be so obvious?

22 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I think anyone coming out and claiming to be the Aussie brother outright would be mod-killed, I would even be careful of using overly stereotypical Australian terms in case of upsetting Shapes.

Small clues are likely going to be the way to go.

Playing devil's advocate - half the players have said they are townies and those that are haven't been modkilled, so what is different to someone saying they are a new townie? The aussie bit is irrelevant. 

6 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I can assure you that I’m good mate. Explained why I had been quiet yesterday. Had a few things to do today.

Not sure about Alim. Maybe grasping at straws with the Yvonne thing. Would a goon be so obvious?

I said when I unvoted you, that it's a tactic that I'm sure had been used in the past. As I said maybe resurrecting an old tactic.

Morgaro Gomis

I am not sure about Alim being bad either but there’s just not much to go on and that’s the one noticeably “odd” thing that’s been posted. 

I dislike voting for quiet players just due to them being quiet so I try and base it off things that have actually happened.

20 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Playing devil's advocate - half the players have said they are townies and those that are haven't been modkilled, so what is different to someone saying they are a new townie? The aussie bit is irrelevant. 

I'm not sure if there is a difference in Shape's mind between saying 'I am a townie' and 'I am a townie NOW, but wasnt before'.

There is also the spirit of the game to consider.

Tenaciousdandy
4 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Votes

Rudi 3

Boof 1

Andy 1

Marvin 1

Riddley 1

Alim 1

Rudi is on 2 shapes unless I've missed something 

2 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Rudi is on 2 shapes unless I've missed something 

Yourself, Andy and Smack have voted him

Tenaciousdandy
3 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Yourself, Andy and Smack have voted him

Ok I missed smacks one on my sheet, and thats without having any wine yet 

14 minutes ago, Bunny Munro said:

I'm not sure if there is a difference in Shape's mind between saying 'I am a townie' and 'I am a townie NOW, but wasnt before'.

There is also the spirit of the game to consider.

Traditionally townie is the only role-claim that ought to be unpunished since townie isn't really a role.

As you say, Bunny, there's a subtle but significant difference in the way the Aussie could out himself. Since they're now a good townie there's no point risking the wrath of Shapes if they're going to end up modkilled.

12 minutes ago, Shapes said:

Votes

Rudi 3

Boof 1

Andy 1

Marvin 1

Riddley 1

Alim 1

WTF? I haven't noticed ANY votes yet! :lol: 

Ah, well...back I go.

Morgaro Gomis

Very quiet again today, I know I’ve been quiet too but certain posters are completely missing again. 

Not making it easy to work out or determine any goonliness.

And back I went...

Dawnrazor vote Boof
Dandyman vote IanT
Marvin vote IanT
AlimO vote AndyNic
IanT vote Marvin
Dandyman unvote IanT
Dandyman vote Rudi
Sean vote Riddley
Smack vote Rudi
Marvin unvote IanT
Marvin vote AlimO
AndyNic vote Rudi

Morgaro Gomis

Vote Riddley

I don’t like voting for players purely for being quiet, but Riddley has never been this quiet in any game I’ve seen him play. Seems odd to me and with not much else to go on...

Tenaciousdandy

Unvote rudi

vote dawn 

Going back to my day 1 vote for now, another very quite player but unlike rudi its usually and a tactic he's used before

Tenaciousdandy
Just now, Dandyman79 said:

Unvote rudi

vote dawn 

Going back to my day 1 vote for now, another very quite player but unlike rudi its usually and a tactic he's used before

Meant unusual, I know he's gave his reasons as have a few of the other very quiet players but this game makes you not believe anyones reasons 

Morgaro Gomis

9pm deadline again? 

Hopefully more of the lurkers actually come and contribute something as time goes on as it’s all too quiet.

Riddley Walker
1 minute ago, Boof said:

WTF? I haven't noticed ANY votes yet! :lol: 

Ah, well...back I go.

15 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Vote Riddley

I don’t like voting for players purely for being quiet, but Riddley has never been this quiet in any game I’ve seen him play. Seems odd to me and with not much else to go on...

I totally get why you'd think that and was about to come on and post something to that effect. I'm honestly just really busy this weekend and I'm just a townie.

I probably won't get on that much later either. 

Dawn seems to have been really quiet again and last game when he was he was a goon. On that basis I'm gonna 

Vote dawn

Dawnrazor vote Boof
Dandyman vote IanT
Marvin vote IanT
AlimO vote AndyNic
IanT vote Marvin
Dandyman unvote IanT
Dandyman vote Rudi
Sean vote Riddley
Smack vote Rudi
Marvin unvote IanT
Marvin vote AlimO
AndyNic vote Rudi
Morgaro vote Riddley
Dandyman unvote Rudi
Dandyman vote Dawnrazor
Riddley vote Dawnrazor
Boof vote Marvin
Bunny vote Rudi

Still to vote: Dunks, Sheldon, Rudi and milky

Edited by Boof

Morgaro Gomis
1 minute ago, Boof said:

Dawnrazor vote Boof
Dandyman vote IanT
Marvin vote IanT
AlimO vote AndyNic
IanT vote Marvin
Dandyman unvote IanT
Dandyman vote Rudi
Sean vote Riddley
Smack vote Rudi
Marvin unvote IanT
Marvin vote AlimO
AndyNic vote Rudi
Morgaro vote Riddley
Dandyman unvote Rudi
Dandyman vote Dawnrazor
Riddley vote Dawnrazor
Boof vote Marvin

Still to vote: Dunks, Bunny, Sheldon, Rudi, 

Bunny voted Rudi just before you posted this. 

18 minutes ago, Riddley Walker said:

Dawn seems to have been really quiet again and last game when he was he was a goon. On that basis I'm gonna 

Vote dawn

I've been a Goon in the last two games, I'd think it's very unlikely that I'd be a Goon in three games on the bounce.

I'm a townie.

Riddley Walker
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I've been a Goon in the last two games, I'd think it's very unlikely that I'd be a Goon in three games on the bounce.

I'm a townie.

Statistically, before the draw was made for this game, you had as much chance of being a goon again as anyone else.

1 minute ago, Riddley Walker said:

Statistically, before the draw was made for this game, you had as much chance of being a goon again as anyone else.

Ok, but I'm not.

9 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm a townie.

I went through a period where for 4 games in a row I was rolled. This was less likely then as there were more townies and no brother sister combos

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Evening folks, apologies I'm not long home and have just quickly caught up on the thread.

Alim is prone to drawing suspicion on to himself by saying something daft, so it could feasibly be the same thing here.  Would the goons be so specific with a tactic like that?  Probably depends on how experienced they are/how familiar with Alim's game they are.

AndyNic - I think he's still learning the game and can be easily swayed as we saw in the last game.  That's not a bad thing, but can understand why the town would be suspicious of him.

I do feel Rudi is an easy vote for people to make, so it could be telling who is willing to throw him to the wolves.

32 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

I'm a townie.

Its a random generator so the chances are equal each time you sign up to a game that you could be goon/mason/townie. 

Not saying you are but your logic is flawed. 

Tenaciousdandy
11 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

Anyone got an up to date vote count?

Rudi 3

Dawn 2 

Marvin 2

Riddley 2

Andy 1

Boof 1

Alim 1

Going by boofs post and no one else has voted since 

Altho best to go by shapes official count 

Edited by Dandyman79

13 minutes ago, Dandyman79 said:

Rudi 3

Dawn 2 

Marvin 2

Riddley 2

Andy 1

Boof 1

Alim 1

Going by boofs post and no one else has voted since 

Altho best to go by shapes official count 

Am I right in saying Sheldon, Rudi and Dunks to vote?