• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, Newton51 said:

Not sure how reliable 

Always love the use of the word snub. 

Found a more lucrative opportunity, who wouldn't really. 

I think I would leave the SPFL rapidly if I were in any players shoes.

jamboinglasgow
8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

In fairness to the guys who claimed it was done, we were pretty confident that it would happen their offer blew ours out the water 

Yup, think some fans dont realise that players can agree everything with a club, have a medical, done the interview for the club website and another club comes in with a much bigger deal and the player signs for the club with the new offer.

11 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

In fairness to the guys who claimed it was done, we were pretty confident that it would happen their offer blew ours out the water 

These things will happen mate. 

3 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

He’ll be back in a years time, so can sign him then.

I do think it’s a poor move. Not guaranteed a game and with Covid restrictions I would have thought a move closer to home makes more sense 

58 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Got it wrong hold my hands up 👍

Don’t think you were wrong just think we have been gazumped at the last minute. 

27 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, think some fans dont realise that players can agree everything with a club, have a medical, done the interview for the club website and another club comes in with a much bigger deal and the player signs for the club with the new offer.

Wasn’t quite at that stage but it was a long way down the road. 

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I do think it’s a poor move. Not guaranteed a game and with Covid restrictions I would have thought a move closer to home makes more sense 

It’s a strange one. Can only be financial reasons. 

Shame, was really happy it looked on.

Good news is we're in the right market.

If a player chooses Aberdeen, Hibs etc over us, that's a concern. MLS, or similar.... whatchagonnado?!

32 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

How far were we down the road with this one?

Disappointed, I've wanted him a while.

Ronald Villiers

Looks like he's being viewed as a backup CH aswell.  Can't see this move doing his international chances any good. 

9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

It’s a strange one. Can only be financial reasons. 

Probably read KB and thought he didn't fancy getting slated 2 or 3 games into his Hearts career 🙃

10 minutes ago, Pagey said:

Probably read KB and thought he didn't fancy getting slated 2 or 3 games into his Hearts career 🙃

A longer honeymoon period than many...

Pretty pissed off we’ve lost out on him. Left sided centrehalfs are a ****ing ballache. 

Maybe see it Murray Wallace would be keen? Millwall currently and played with Kingsley at Falkirk. 

16 minutes ago, Ronald Villiers said:

Looks like he's being viewed as a backup CH aswell.  Can't see this move doing his international chances any good. 

Certainly puts a dent in his chances of being in the squad for the Euros

Curiously, today I spoke to a Killie season ticket holder and shareholder of many years,he says that he was fairly nonplussed about losing Findlay and he was way over hyped. Also said we've probably got as good (in comparative terms of ability) within our squad. I guess time will tell.

Edited by franco2209
Misspelt

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Got it wrong hold my hands up 👍

We were clearly trying tho, so you weren't wrong. 

Sometimes we will get far down the line with a player and it may not come off. 

Folk don't seem to get that, many think because x player never signed we were never interested and the itk folk were talking shite, clearly that doesn't need to be the case and wasn't here. 

27 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Folk don't seem to get that, many think because x player never signed we were never interested and the itk folk were talking shite, clearly that doesn't need to be the case and wasn't here. 

Difference between saying we’re in talks and inferring the deal is done. 

7 hours ago, franco2209 said:

Curiously, today I spoke to a Killie season ticket holder and shareholder of many years,he says that he was fairly nonplussed about losing Findlay and he was way over hyped.

Also said we've probably got as good (in comparative terms of ability) within our squad. I guess time will tell.

FFS, he certainly not seen us then.

We don't have one CB that I want in a Hearts strip next season.

8 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He was wrong, completely wrong in fact. and Bongo isn’t hiding from that fact. However we were clearly in for him but didn’t get it over the line. Oh well we move on. 

Bazzas right boot
8 hours ago, Stendelnator said:

Difference between saying we’re in talks and inferring the deal is done. 

Splitting hairs, folk will feel based on the information how it's going, still doesn't mean we never tried to sign or talked to the player. 

Too many posters take a failed effort as we were never interested at all, and the itk person was at it. 

A deal is never done until the club announces it, but no doubt we are in constant talks with agents and at various stages with players. 

Some will come of, some won't. 

No need for folk to get emotional and rip folk on here about it when a potential signing effort fails. 

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Splitting hairs, folk will feel based on the information how it's going, still doesn't mean we never tried to sign or talked to the player. 

Too many posters take a failed effort as we were never interested at all, and the itk person was at it. 

A deal is never done until the club announces it, but no doubt we are in constant talks with agents and at various stages with players. 

Some will come of, some won't. 

No need for folk to get emotional and rip folk on here about it when a potential signing effort fails. 

Deal can be done and not DONE!

Agreed is probably a better term I suppose. Contract thrashed out, written up, on the way to sign it, agent gets a call from Philly/Milan/China/Billy Smarts Circus which blows it oot the water. Thems the breaks.

At my work, I've got a couple of deals agreed, told the boss they're  "done", but my hole's knitting socks until the client makes good and signs the paperwork!! You have to trust what people are telling you until it's legal.

There's other left footed CB's out there who are out of contract in the summer, no the end of the world. 

Clark Robertson - Rotherham 

Tom McIntyre - Reading 

Murray Wallace - Millwall

Ulrik Jenssen - Nordsjaelland

Jacob Bedeau - Scunthorpe 

The Grim Reaper
9 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Why do you need to be such a patronising ***** all the time?

Bazzas right boot
55 minutes ago, The Grim Reaper said:

Why do you need to be such a patronising ***** all the time?

Nah, genuine. Guy made a call, it was close or there was at least movement from both parties but it never came off. 

I like the snippets of transfer gossip from people but I understand some won't come off. 

The point scoring from some when it doesn't come off tho is ridiculous and some times the abuse outright nasty in the past. 

Sometimes transfers will be completed, other times not, despite the poster being correct about the interest. 

The Hogfather

Slightly disappointed we couldn't get that one over the line, but I can understand why he would like the idea of a new country and a new challenge somewhere like America. If it doesn't work out, he can always get  chance with someone over here again. Those kinds of chances to try a whole new culture don't come around too often.

The Old Tolbooth
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, genuine. Guy made a call, it was close or there was at least movement from both parties but it never came off. 

I like the snippets of transfer gossip from people but I understand some won't come off. 

The point scoring from some when it doesn't come off tho is ridiculous and some times the abuse outright nasty in the past. 

Sometimes transfers will be completed, other times not, despite the poster being correct about the interest. 

Some of the bitching and back stabbing on here that goes on is ridiculous, some posters actually sit on these threads and hope that the transfers don't come off, just so they can have a go at certain posters, they know who they are, it's pathetic really. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Some of the bitching and back stabbing on here that goes on is ridiculous, some posters actually sit on these threads and hope that the transfers don't come off, just so they can have a go at certain posters, they know who they are, it's pathetic really. 

Agreed, and although I disagree with Bongo on other threads, the guy made a call never came off. 

The folk that lurk and do as you say are strange. 

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Agree 100%. A bit of inside knowledge and ITK posts are what we want to see on here.  It’s what makes the board interesting during the transfer windows.  Some of these tips come off, some don’t. The amount of vitriol these folk get when their information does not come to fruition is just plain daft.

1 minute ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Jimmy Dunne is out of contract and nowhere near out of our reach.

Would be a great signing ( based on his loan with us )but  I imagine there will be strong competition from Championship clubs for him, if he doesn’t re-sign. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Would be a great signing ( based on his loan with us )but  I imagine there will be strong competition from Championship clubs for him, if he doesn’t re-sign. 

Very true, hopefully if we are interested the lure of almost guaranteed first team football will win the day. Probably worth noting he didn't exactly set the heather alight at Sunderland or Fleetwood, so he's still very much got something to prove. 

Souttar and Dunne at the back would be fantastic. 

Just now, OTT said:

Very true, hopefully if we are interested the lure of almost guaranteed first team football will win the day. Probably worth noting he didn't exactly set the heather alight at Sunderland or Fleetwood, so he's still very much got something to prove. 

Why I suggested he isn't out of our reach. He got an international call up here and the football suited him. Everywhere else hasn't been too great.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Souttar and Dunne at the back. 

Excited-About-Smart-Tech.jpg

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Jimmy Dunne is out of contract and nowhere near out of our reach.

Technically he isn't out of reach. I've always sort of compared him to Reagan Poole who he came through the Man Utd academy with - they both played the same position and were direct competition for one another. Poole is currently at Lincoln City with an estimated market value of £225k, Dunne's estimated value is just under £200k.

By comparison, Souttar's is sitting around £600k. 

I wonder what wages he's on though... Must be on £7-10k p/w?? Maybe we could tempt him with £4k?