January transfer window ( Now closed )

kingantti1874

Can't say I'm all too arsed to get new players in this window. The cup final is over and we've been beating everyone in the championship pretty sufficiently with what we have. If we felt we had to get a new player in a winger would be alright, hopefully someone like Ginnelly but on the opposite side.

Is it loans RN is after? 

The summer window is where we should be doing all our spending in preparation for a top 4 finish in the premiership.

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Pasquale for King

• GinRummy

• Cruyff

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot
17 hours ago, Diego10 said:

If I'm understanding correctly, there's a clamour to replace Walker with a guy who had a good spell with Killie a few years ago but has subsequently done absolutely nothing, is 3 years older and scored less goals in more games despite being at Rangers last season?

Cool

Good summary. 

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Think Walker burnt his bridges with a lot of people on Sunday. 

He didn't have a good game obviously but it was his crap attitude that really stood out. 

Playing for a team he supports in a cup final and he looked if he would rather be anywhere else than there tbh. 

He had a poor game ffs. 

He scored 2 goals and won the match for us about a week before. 

Too many folk looking for drama when there is none. 

I'd like us to take a chance on Manny Duku from Raith Rovers, He looked like a proper striker with confidence when he scored against us and is only on a 1 year deal. 27 years old.

14 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He had a poor game ffs. 

Don't think it's just me that thinks he always hides in the big games tbh. 

It's all about opinions though. 😏 

10 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I was one that wanted Walker back but i'll put my hands up and say i was wrong, he's not the player he used to be. 

Pretty much.

Still maybe prefer him to the alternatives for the rest of this season.

Will be surplus after this season.

15 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'd like us to take a chance on Manny Duku from Raith Rovers, He looked like a proper striker with confidence when he scored against us and is only on a 1 year deal. 27 years old.

Thats a good shout. 3 goals in 5 games. He could be really good cover for Boyce. 

I'm kinda conscious of padding the team out with too many journeymen types but if we're talking about forwards I think that and goalkeeper are two areas you can't mess about with. Someone mentioned earlier about Paterson potentially coming back. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen, but I'd love to get Dr Funk back again. I think played as a big physical forward he'd absolutely thrive in this league. Boyce, Paterson and Duku would be really solid forward options for Robbie to take next season by storm with!!

The final is still an absolute sickener but there is a team there. I think Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Haring, Irving, Boyce and Ginnelly are the nucleus of a really good team. If we can add some quality at CB, another winger and an alternative to Boyce, I'd feel great going into next season.  

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Can't say I'm all too arsed to get new players in this window. The cup final is over and we've been beating everyone in the championship pretty sufficiently with what we have. If we felt we had to get a new player in a winger would be alright, hopefully someone like Ginnelly but on the opposite side.

Is it loans RN is after? 

The summer window is where we should be doing all our spending in preparation for a top 4 finish in the premiership.

With you on this one, in my eyes any player coming in needs to be looking towards spl

Gorgie Boot boy
24 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He has played for some proper shite sides.

Least he's no a midget.

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Thats a good shout. 3 goals in 5 games. He could be really good cover for Boyce. 

I'm kinda conscious of padding the team out with too many journeymen types but if we're talking about forwards I think that and goalkeeper are two areas you can't mess about with. Someone mentioned earlier about Paterson potentially coming back. Whether that is true or not remains to be seen, but I'd love to get Dr Funk back again. I think played as a big physical forward he'd absolutely thrive in this league. Boyce, Paterson and Duku would be really solid forward options for Robbie to take next season by storm with!!

The final is still an absolute sickener but there is a team there. I think Gordon, Smith, Kingsley, Haring, Irving, Boyce and Ginnelly are the nucleus of a really good team. If we can add some quality at CB, another winger and an alternative to Boyce, I'd feel great going into next season.  

I don't think there's any danger of Paterson coming back in the near future, he's only 26 and will be on very good wages, Shef Wed paid a fee for him too, way out of our budget i would think. 

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

Definitely someone that caused us all sorts of problems. A must. 

Gorgie Boot boy
2 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I don't think there's any danger of Paterson coming back in the near future, he's only 26 and will be on very good wages, Shef Wed paid a fee for him too, way out of our budget i would think. 

If we put a decent side together, he will think on it.

26 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Correct. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see him do a Craig Gordon and come back towards the end of his career though. 

6 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Correct. 

Wouldn't be surprised to see him do a Craig Gordon and come back towards the end of his career though. 

Yeah, i would agree with that and hope so. 

1 hour ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

If we put a decent side together, he will think on it.

Eh no he won't. 

Not at this stage of his career anyway. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Manny Duku isn't Hearts level chaps. 

Looked lively against us and smashed his goal in. 

Worth taking a chance on him on next to no money, 1 year deal with and extension if he proves his worth. 

Gorgie Boot boy
5 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Eh no he won't. 

Not at this stage of his career anyway. 

Hearts at the top end of the SPL would be a huge attraction for him.

Never say never.

A_A wehatethehibs
2 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

He’s been an absolute car crash at shwednesday and is reportedly homesick. Was poor last year at Cardiff as well. Stranger things have happened. 

4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He’s been an absolute car crash at shwednesday and is reportedly homesick. Was poor last year at Cardiff as well. Stranger things have happened. 

Money talks though, he might be home sick but he has his lifestyle to pay for, mortgages, cars etc. if he was to sign for us, i'd be amazed, As much as it would piss us off, he would be going to Rangers if anything. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

A_A wehatethehibs
5 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Money talks though, he might be home sick but he has his lifestyle to pay for, mortgages, cars etc. if he was to sign for us, i'd be amazed, As much as it would piss you off, he would be going to Rangers if anything. 

Im not entirely sure either Rangers or Celtic would be that interested in him, as I say the forms been off the cliff for a fair chunk of time. Uncertainty about his role in teams hasn’t helped him. Would think he’s got plenty in the bank and probably just rents places down south like most players. Always seemed the type of boy to come back up the road to Hearts, just a matter of when. Agree at 26 it could be a bit ahead of schedule

Howdy Doody Jambo

Walker has never been a 90 minute player, if he was an athlete he would be of international level, he has as much talent as any player at the club, his fitness is of championship standard

He should be at the top of his career now but looks knackered pulling jersey's and fouling, is it his application, diet or training, he needs to up his game We maybe need competion for his place to get the best out of him 

1 minute ago, Ma Roon said:

Walker has never been a 90 minute player, if he was an athlete he would be of international level, he has as much talent as any player at the club, his fitness is of championship standard

He should be at the top of his career now but looks knackered pulling jersey's and fouling, is it his application, diet or training, he needs to up his game We maybe need competion for his place to get the best out of him 

Looks like his legs have gone to me, through injuries.

He's not got that burst of pace anymore to take him past a player and get a shot off. 

One performance against a pish championship team isn't doing it for me. Waste of money. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Don't think it's just me that thinks he always hides in the big games tbh. 

It's all about opinions though. 😏 

He'll be OK this season. 

Not for next season tho, unless he improves. 

He's  getting useless out wide tho, no 10 role or nothing imo. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Manny Duku isn't Hearts level chaps. 

Agree. 

Folk in one sentence rubbishing our players and wanting us to move towards the top 4 in the top flight, then mentioning him in the same sentence as a replacement. 

:jj_facepalm:

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agree. 

Folk in one sentence rubbishing our players and wanting us to move towards the top 4 in the top flight, then mentioning him in the same sentence as a replacement. 

:jj_facepalm:

You obviously can't see a player from looking at him play and just go on what ever hearts do, then clap your hands and go YAY. 

It's a risk, i've no idea about his injuries etc but i could see straight away that he will score more goals than wighton. 

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

You obviously can't see a player from looking at him play and just go on what ever hearts do, then clap your hands and go YAY. 

It's a risk, i've no idea about his injuries etc but i could see straight away that he will score more goals than wighton. 

My signing criteria isn't " will he score more goals than Wighton?" 

They've both scored the same this season. 

How many times you seen him play to make this sound judgement? 

Also, Who else do you know  that will score goals straight away, email Robbie-let him know. 

Greg Stewart on loan for the rest of the season. Got a hun mate who's given me occasional info that's had the odd kernel of truth. That's what he reckons anyway.

They want a few for Jones but Stewart can leave straight away apparently.

13 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

My signing criteria isn't " will he score more goals than Wighton?" 

They've both scored the same this season. 

How many times you seen him play to make this sound judgement? 

Also, Who else do you know  that will score goals straight away, email Robbie-let him know. 

I would like to think i'm pretty good at judging players on a first impression. Email Robbie? eh naw, he's well paid to to his job. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

4 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

He had a poor game ffs. 

Yep, bizarre the reaction to Walkers performance in the final. He did not play well but won’t be the only player not to perform in a cup final or against Celtic. I am by no means his biggest fan, but he is a good player for this level and will be a decent squad player in the Premier League.

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I would like to think i'm pretty good at judging players on a first impression. Email Robbie? eh naw, he's well paid to to his job. 

He's a journeyman. 

If he signs for us, I hope he impresses  but hopefully we are looking at better. 

For comparison, Walker has scored the same as him this season and has played at a higher lever all his career to date. 

Don't think he'd improve us. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Looked lively against us and smashed his goal in. 

Worth taking a chance on him on next to no money, 1 year deal with and extension if he proves his worth. 

The boy couldn’t hit a barn door at Torquay and various other non-league clubs. If he was 20/21yr old, he might be worth a punt. He's no good enough to play for Hearts. 

4 hours ago, Sertse said:

Is it loans RN is after? 

Absolutely bang on 👍👌

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

The boy couldn’t hit a barn door at Torquay and various other non-league clubs. If he was 20/21yr old, he might be worth a punt. He's no good enough to play for Hearts. 

Right, fine, let's just get on with the shit we've got, no seen a good goal in years. 

That's me in the huff. 

Gorgie Boot boy
8 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Right, fine, let's just get on with the shit we've got, no seen a good goal in years. 

That's me in the huff. 

Any more ideas

Edited by Gorgie Boot boy

Bazzas right boot

Just spoke to a Raith Rovers fan about Duku, he said that he's a good player that would do well in the SPFL. 

I'd rather sign this Duku - 

Count_Dooku.png

Edited by Smith's right boot

Gorgie Boot boy
Just now, Greedy Jambo said:

Shankland. 

Surely you have better than that, Bongo at least makes stuff up.

3 minutes ago, Gorgie Boot boy said:

Surely you have better than that, Bongo at least makes stuff up.

Haha

I'm trying to think about our budget here, so there's not a lot of options. 

I'll tell you what though, if we had Lafferty in the cup final, we'd have won the cup. 

He might want to lower his wages to come back, play football and have fun. 

Gorgie Boot boy
4 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Haha

I'm trying to think about our budget here, so there's not a lot of options. 

1 minute ago, Greedy Jambo said:

I'll tell you what though, if we had Lafferty in the cup final, we'd have won the cup. 

He might want to lower his wages to come back, play football and have fun. 

Between now and this time next year , we will be on a different level in many ways.

Right now is about setting standards and winning silverware.

He's never really had pace to lose, so that could also be a 1 year option. 

But as people have said, we're in the championship and the cup has gone.

The player we sign should be below the age of 28 and have something to give next year. 

23 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

That's me in the huff. 

Screenshot_20201224-234554.thumb.png.05f77e08db0ed1726759b3e1d37140e7.png

Come on mate. 

• davemclaren changed the title to January transfer window ( Now closed )