Irving

Chaps

38 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So he wants some sort of guarantee of game time. Shut the door on yer way out son.

Aye right you are then 😏

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Last Laff

• JamboAl

• buzzbomb

• jr ewing

15 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He has knocked back previous offers. His agent thinks he will get him a Hickey type of move. Major reason for his absences so far this season. 

Do you know this for a fact - not the information I have.

Guest ToqueJambo
19 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

He has knocked back previous offers. His agent thinks he will get him a Hickey type of move. Major reason for his absences so far this season. 

Irving's agent thinks he's Serie A level 🤣 He's good and has great potential but I can't imagine anyone thinks he's even close to being ready for that, including the man himself

Edited by ToqueJambo

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Irving's agent thinks he's Serie A level 🤣 He's good and has great potential but I can't imagine anyone thinks he's even close to being ready for that, including the man himself

He doesn’t - as I said before he is a very level headed young man.

A_A wehatethehibs

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/soccer/andy-irving-speaks-about-his-hearts-future-with-contract-talks-due-to-start/ar-BB1bHsgh

Think the rumours about previous talks are just the type of made up garbage that led to him deleting his Twitter. The boy has been focusing on his football.

I believe a deal will be done in short order and those hoping for Hearts to fail, will be disappointed again. 

Irving must surely know what a brilliant opportunity he has in his grasp. Lee will be away this season vacating the #8, Haring quality but not getting any younger and always a fitness worry, and Halliday only contracted for 1 premiership season. Over the next 2 seasons if he can keep raising his game, then Scotland recognition and a big move could follow. And the fans are right behind him, the experienced guys in the squad will no doubt tell him how valuable that is at his age to spur him on to greatness  

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We should be coaching him to be better and building a team around him. Best passer at the club. 

How i see it 👍

Colonel Kurtz
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

There have been a few lapses in concentration but "rabbit in the headlights" is way too harsh.

No its not  More than a few   one in particular  was at Dunfermline for exampler he lost the ball then went down and was lucky to get a free quick.If there were crowds at the games he would be getting slaughtered.Unfortunately he is not as good as he and his agents think he is.Hearts have offered a mid term deal on decent money in the current climate,Perhaps he doesnt recognise the sarcasm in his nickname

Guest ToqueJambo
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

We should be coaching him to be better and building a team around him. Best passer at the club. 

The Porty Pirlo indeed. Hopefully he's modelling himself on Pirlo. The way he plays, or tries to, suggests he's been watching him.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

No its not  More than a few   one in particular  was at Dunfermline for exampler he lost the ball then went down and was lucky to get a free quick.If there were crowds at the games he would be getting slaughtered.Unfortunately he is not as good as he and his agents think he is.Hearts have offered a mid term deal on decent money in the current climate,Perhaps he doesnt recognise the sarcasm in his nickname

Always good to see fans giving the youngsters their full backing 🤣

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

How do you know how good he and his agent thinks he is??

How do you know how much he has been offered?

My guess is you don’t and all this does is set fans against the lad.

Colonel Kurtz
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Always good to see fans giving the youngsters their full backing 🤣

He has my full backing  but he is not the messiah many on here seem desperate for.I hope he does iron out the flaws in his game and goes onto great things.I dont think yet he could play regularly in a 2

We have the basis of a strong midfield in Haring and Halliday, why not mentor Irving, Cochrane and McGill to takeover for when they two move on, Connor Smith can play the attacking midfield role that Naismith plays? 

Bin Olly Lee and Loic Damour. 

We have decent youth players man fecking play them, how do you think Patterson, Walker, Nicholson all came on? By being thrown in. 

Just now, Colonel Kurtz said:

He has my full backing  but he is not the messiah many on here seem desperate for.I hope he does iron out the flaws in his game and goes onto great things.I dont think yet he could play regularly in a 2

You just basically spoke a lot of pish back there tho. Irving has not seen any contract offer yet. You have no idea if Irving has a big ego or not and porty pirlo? He didn’t name himself it and I very much doubt he takes it seriously. Regarding the bit at Dunfermline you are using to back up your ‘rabbit in the headlight’ comment, he was given a crap ball with 2 guys on to him. Had literally nowhere to go. But, you bash on wi yer pish.

Colonel Kurtz
Just now, buzzbomb said:

You just basically spoke a lot of pish back there tho. Irving has not seen any contract offer yet. You have no idea if Irving has a big ego or not and porty pirlo? He didn’t name himself it and I very much doubt he takes it seriously. Regarding the bit at Dunfermline you are using to back up your ‘rabbit in the headlight’ comment, he was given a crap ball with 2 guys on to him. Had literally nowhere to go. But, you bash on wi yer pish.

He got an easy ball in space and lost it not the first time he had no awareness of the players around him 

Just now, Colonel Kurtz said:

He got an easy ball in space and lost it not the first time he had no awareness of the players around him 

Pish. Like the rest of your comments on him.

Ainsley Harriott

Can see why the lad might be disheartened with the dross that's played ahead of him last year and this. Bozanic, Halliday, Lee and Damour. 

15 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Full backing? You slated the guy by saying he’s not as good as he thinks he is!

5 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Can see why the lad might be disheartened with the dross that's played ahead of him last year and this. Bozanic, Halliday, Lee and Damour. 

Exactly!

11 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

The lad is embarrassed by the “Porty Pirlo” label - fact.

45 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Do you know this for a fact - not the information I have.

What I have heard from a usually decent source. It’s the agent that’s the problem. 

27 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

The Porty Pirlo indeed. Hopefully he's modelling himself on Pirlo. The way he plays, or tries to, suggests he's been watching him.

Even Pitlochry had more pace and he was known as the slowest player in Italy. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

He was shite in that dunfy game when he came on tbf, he gave away possesion 4 times. Ok good corner but in terms of forcing his way in, wasn’t the best, some work to do. How he played at Morton, that’s the ticket. 

Also at times last season rabbit in the headlight is not that unfair a description IMO I particularly think back to the first 15 minutes of Hamilton’s 2-2 draw with Irving Bozanic in midfield which was up there with the absolute worst midfield performances I have ever seen at Tynecastle and still makes me sick that that was my last game there. We need to get fans in ASAP to get rid of that memory and I would think Andy Irving probably feels the same way 

Irving is not up his arse, very humble and down to earth boy, comes from a nice family to, my advice to the lad know your worth son, your more than good enough to be starting every week, and you know who i am, and you also know how highly other coaches rated you too. 

Your still dales favourite 😉

A_A wehatethehibs
11 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

He played 24 games last year and has played in 6 out of 11 competitive games so far this year

Colonel Kurtz
7 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He was shite in that dunfy game when he came on tbf, he gave away possesion 4 times. Ok good corner but in terms of forcing his way in, wasn’t the best, some work to do. How he played at Morton, that’s the ticket. 

Also at times last season rabbit in the headlight is not that unfair a description IMO I particularly think back to the first 15 minutes of Hamilton’s 2-2 draw with Irving Bozanic in midfield which was up there with the absolute worst midfield performances I have ever seen at Tynecastle and still makes me sick that that was my last game there. We need to get fans in ASAP to get rid of that memory and I would think Andy Irving probably feels the same way 

Steady pal the truth hurts for a few on here

6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

What I have heard from a usually decent source. It’s the agent that’s the problem. 

Hard to get a better source than mine tbh

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

I’ll bow to your superior intelligence network. 

Cheers 👍

4 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Nobody is saying he is the finished article but he is a talent worth nurturing.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Cheers 👍

Time will tell though. Same source told me we will lose at least one of our internationalists in January. Good test to see how much itk he is. Don’t tell anyone I told you this though. 

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Irving is not up his arse, very humble and down to earth boy, comes from a nice family to, my advice to the lad know your worth son, your more than good enough to be starting every week, and you know who i am, and you also know how highly other coaches rated you too. 

Your still dales favourite 😉

You are spot on here Bongo 👍

1 minute ago, soonbe110 said:

Time will tell though. Same source told me we will lose at least one of our internationalists in January. Good test to see how much itk he is. Don’t tell anyone I told you this though. 

Everybody is right once in a while...😉

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

He could be but left foot is outstanding, right foot only used for balance and he is short of pace. I feel our play slows down as soon as he gets on the ball. Great passer of the ball. Could be coached into something better but  some time with a modern day Bert Logan wouldn’t do him any harm. 

Colonel Kurtz
10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I agree and he should get a contract which reflects it.I remember the game in Costa Blanca when he was called back from loan .Spoke to someone after the game who said exactly the same as you

Guest ToqueJambo
23 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He's allowed to have bad games. It's all about combinations in midfield. Irving will be much better with someone experienced like Haring, or even Halliday, alongside him. Irving seems to be the player we want Lee to be.

A_A wehatethehibs
9 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's allowed to have bad games. It's all about combinations in midfield. Irving will be much better with someone experienced like Haring, or even Halliday, alongside him. Irving seems to be the player we want Lee to be.

Yes but equally he is a first team hearts player and therefore must be held to that standard. There is some nonsense that gets spouted that he deserves to be the highest paid player at the club etc and is some absolute wonder kid. He’s good and a good lad, and he is at the perfect club under what I believe will prove to be the perfect manager for a player like Irving, Neilsons methodical, structured approach to improving young players has paid dividends in the past. A great opportunity for him to kick on and I believe we will thank Lee for his service and hand that #8 shirt to Andy Irving this summer.

47 minutes ago, Colonel Kurtz said:

Speaking of truth you never explained how you know how good he thinks he is ? Might want to retract that pile of bollox unless you want to admit you just made it up. 

59 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

We have a whole team of internationals. 

1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

The other side of that coin is that he wasn’t good enough to get ahead of them for a regular place in the team.

I like Andy Irving and hope we can keep him tied to a longer contract. Why have we left it so late? He can talk to other clubs next month. For those who say he has made mistakes remember he is only 20.

brunstanejambo
1 hour ago, soonbe110 said:

... left foot is outstanding, right foot only used for balance... 

As a left footed player myself I always find comments like this quite funny/strange. 

You seldom hear criticism of right footed players not being able to play with their left foot, but it's quite common to hear comments like yours. Personally I've always thought that, in general, lefties are usually better with their right than righties are with their left - but that's just maybe my left-tinted specs.

I'm always reminded of the time back in the early 2000s when Inter Milan were trying to sign Ryan Giggs - the manager or president were asked why they would waste so much money on such a one footed player and they responded along the lines that they would play him on the left as they had 8 or 9 other players that were right footed but couldn't kick with their left. 

15 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

The other side of that coin is that he wasn’t good enough to get ahead of them for a regular place in the team.

In your expert opinion.....

3 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

You thought we had the third best team in Scotland this time last year for months. Some people are utterly deluded. 

23 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

You thought we had the third best team in Scotland this time last year for months. Some people are utterly deluded. 

Aye i remember that, now we have to give Robbie time as he has inherited a mess 🤔

I hope he is keen to stay. Like a lot of people have said, we should be building a team around him. 

Neither Rangers or Celtic are too keen on playing young Scots so it's up to the rest of the teams in Scotland to produce the next generation. 

I'm delighted when we win but I would be even more so if we started producing talented Scottish internationals.

Diadora Van Basten

We should offer him a four year deal on the same money as we are paying Damour and stop playing Lee and Halliday in front on him.

Its mad that we won’t gamble on our young players who are only going to get better but will gamble on someone with a YouTube video.

Irving isn't good enough for Serie A? But his mate Hickey is? How do we know that Irving like Hickey just now, won't flourish in a team that offers better coaching and a better standard of players. 

Guy was one of the positives we had last season, bossed the game against Aberdeen at home, who had Lewis Ferguson in midfield. 

Ferguson has a ton of clubs wanting him, including Rangers. 

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye i remember that, now we have to give Robbie time as he has inherited a mess 🤔

Somehow mostly Stendell's fault even though he wasn't backed in the transfer market at all in comparison with Robbie, Cathro and last but not least the boy who was in charge of wasting absolute millions on utter shite leading to bottom six and relegation battles instead of Europe.

Aye, I know DS took us from joint bottom to bottom under someone else's side after taking ages to be appointed and having no backroom staff originally while Levein still kicked about taking a wage. Daly and Macphee hanging about like leeches too.  Stendel I'm sure had to pay part of his assistants wages ffs :lol: