***Official Dunfermline Athletic v Heart of Midlothian match thread ***

BelgeJambo

Tom Hardy’s Dug

My main gripe about our play generally is I don’t necessarily mind our defence being used to keep possession and build from the back but what I hate is it being done passively.

Why if there is 20m space in front of either of our CBs do they not take the ball forward into that space thus start drawing and moving Dunfermline players about more.

What’s the point taking the ball with loads of space in front of you and not driving you into that space to get momentum going

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bazzas right boot

• Pasquale for King

• Greedy Jambo

• Thomaso

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, Boris said:

Why not? Levine has gone.

The mess he left reminds me, we’re playing Dunfermline tonight. 
I have a long memory and hold grudges, ridiculous I

know. 

1 minute ago, jambostuart said:

Why the love in with Stevie Crawford on BBC? I have nothing against him despite his Hibs connections. He's well spoken etc, just seems to be a love in from the BBC for one particular person each time I watch a match. Last time it was Charlie Adam, now it's Crawford.

Apart from the Craig Gordon "save" the Pars TV team are near gushing as far as Dunfermline are concerned and their interpretation of fouls is a joke.  Dodds is just awful!

Jim Leishman is a good guy. Fair amount of time for him but he's kidding himself in thinking that there are Pars fans waiting to come back to East End. Dunfermline has more sevco fans than pars fans in it. 

5 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

He's always deep looking for cute passes...would like to see him behind Naismith or Wighton leading the line.

Midfield mate.  He’s dropping deep because the midfield can’t work the ball with the full backs/wide players to take the play up to them.  

Even if he does drop deep, someone should be running beyond him, or after he’s released the ball, we should be on a position to get him service on the next piece of play. 

Neither happens often enough. 

That sally cinnamon lassie from the women's team isn't helping like. 

I'm no wanting to be like I8 but i could do without listening to her. 

2 minutes ago, jambostuart said:

I may be in the minority but I like the maroon shorts. Looks smart

Have to agree hope we wear the maroon shorts in the cup final

4 minutes ago, Gambo said:

We need a striker to play beside him not stuck out on wing.

Sometimes think he should make a point by pushing into the natural no 9 position and demanding they provide a supply. If it's orders from Neilson,  he's blunting Boyce - but I suspect its dropping deep cause he receives **** all service. 

Even our balls across the middle in front of their box are a couple of yards too far back - we just aren't breaking Dunfermline's lines at all, letting them easily retain their shape.

All roads lead to Gorgie

We are playing well but Dunfermline a tough nut to crack here. I feel Wighton is a bit too wide and Boyce needs him closer to link up better. Halkett could do better with his distribution but we are looking like a team with a purpose here.

9 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

We need an actual striker Boyce plays too deep.

Yep I agree. Don’t know if he’s been told to drop back, but he needs to be further up. 
I think Lee’s been our best player. Had a decent first half and doesn’t waste much. He should be shooting more from outside the box on this wet pitch. 

3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

My main gripe about our play generally is I don’t necessarily mind our defence being used to keep possession and build from the back but what I hate is it being done passively.

Why if there is 20m space in front of either of our CBs do they not take the ball forward into that space thus start drawing and moving Dunfermline players about more.

What’s the point taking the ball with loads of space in front of you and not driving you into that space to get momentum going

Popescu made four forward runs in the first half.

Pasquale for King

Something not quite right about the Naismith/Boyce combo, both seem to play in the same space, both deep and don’t stretch teams in behind. Wighton needs to move up front and maybe Naismith coming in off the right? 

Didn’t recognise Jim leishman at first ! But he’s looking healthy again . Touching moment him mentioning a mate who recently passed away 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, ShedBoy said:

What a brilliant chat with the Leish, a proper football man 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Always liked big Leish. Loves his club but respects everyone. 

We really need to inject a bit of tempo into our game. 

Frear should be emptied in January, never a footballer. Barely even a man, could do with a few meals.