Albion Rovers manager looking for league reconstruction

queensferryjambo

4 minutes ago, gashauskis9 said:

Yep, but don’t expect the media to stop romanticising about the lower leagues anytime soon. 

Reality is most lower league teams would be better off in the Junior league. Grounds like Methil and Cliftonhill are no better than municipal parks. A complete embarrassment to Scottish football. By all means reorganise these clubs into the Junior set up where they belong.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riccarton3

• Nookie Bear

• Mikey1874

• JDK2020

13 hours ago, Last Laff said:

Yes,absolutely delighted a part time shite club are struggling.  It makes up for everything. 

No matter how small or shite, they had a full size, equally important vote. **** them

Self centered small minded rats. 

2 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Reality is most lower league teams would be better off in the Junior league. Grounds like Methil and Cliftonhill are no better than municipal parks. A complete embarrassment to Scottish football. By all means reorganise these clubs into the Junior set up where they belong.

Agreed.  We hear all this shite constantly about how the lower leagues in Scotland are the very essence of the character and tradition of Scottish football.  Bollocks!  Most junior teams would trump Albion Rovers, Brechin et al on ability and support, and mean much more to their respective communities.

5 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

Best story I heard about Cliftonhill came from a Ref.  One of them left his kit bag open in the dressing room when out officiating. When the game finished he stuffed his gear into the bag and went home. Emptying the bag the following day and a rat jumped out.  Says it all about the place.

17 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Short term thinking exposed.

Yes, but so too are the many "take your medicine "-type posts on this thread. If we believed in reconstruction in the Spring we should back it now.

I'd prefer Hearts to occupy the moral high ground than take opportunities for revenge-punishment. 

Dealing with Covid should bring out the best in us, and mostly it does. It's a long haul.

5 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

I think Bayview is awright. The pitch could be better but the place isn't crumbling away like some premiership teams, East fife are a decent wee team.

small squad, not able to afford travel across the country?  Maybe time to review the 'professional' status of clubs like this and to reconstruct the leagues appropriately.  Junior fitba for the like of them and the other so called pro clubs.  Scotland should never have 4 professional leagues, 2 at most!  Time to shake the whole pyramid up from top to bottom to accurately reflect the capabilities of the teams

Awww, what a shame, poor rats...goodbye and thanks for nothing. No one will mourn you demise, nor notice your passing into the annals of football inconsequentiality. 138 years old, sum contribution to Scottish football...ZERO

Prior to Good Friday, I may have been a bit more supportive but their subsequent actions have shown them up to be (along with dozens of other diddy clubs), back-stabbing, shite-bag rats. 

We exterminate vermin, your nasty little club should be destroyed. Feck 'em and anyone that looks like them.

16 hours ago, Herbert said:

Dunno how they can't afford to hire a coach for the day, surly they get a team bus to games closer to home aswell.

Got to agree with this. 

If they can't afford to hire a bus for a day then there's no hope for them. 

They are based in the central belt so they don't have many really long journeys and none that require an overnight stay. 

Perhaps the SPFL could help these clubs out by making sure journeys over two hundred miles are always weekend fixtures. 

That's about the only concession I would make. 

39 minutes ago, 4marsbars said:

Yes, but so too are the many "take your medicine "-type posts on this thread. If we believed in reconstruction in the Spring we should back it now.

I'd prefer Hearts to occupy the moral high ground than take opportunities for revenge-punishment. 

Dealing with Covid should bring out the best in us, and mostly it does. It's a long haul.

I am sure the club would back reconstruction. We as fans can back it, too. The utter hypocrisy spouted from some should not be ignored, though. An acknowledgment of previous crimes would be most welcome. Mend bridges, you know

Ex member of the SaS
1 hour ago, 4marsbars said:

Ok when every single one of these cretins comes out IN THE MEDIA and states " we made a huge mistake and cost Hearts a place in the Premiership. For this we apologize and now would like to hopefully repair that damage and get reconstruction on the table."

ONLY a sincere apology will make it easier to forgive these shallow minded clowns who couldn't stand up to help another fellow club.

3 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Ok when every single one of these cretins comes out IN THE MEDIA and states " we made a huge mistake and cost Hearts a place in the Premiership. For this we apologize and now would like to hopefully repair that damage and get reconstruction on the table."

ONLY a sincere apology will make it easier to forgive these shallow minded clowns who couldn't stand up to help another fellow club.

Enjoying seeing others grovel is not my thing (apart from on the pitch, of course)

From an excellent article in the Guardian -“The men who traditionally run Scottish football are drawn from a cadre of small businessmen who operate in a world where the politics of the masonic hall and golf club still hold sway”

that about sums up most of Scottish clubs.

We shouldn't vote against reconstruction just out of spite, but if any new proposal isn't the same as the one we put forward, then we're well within our rights to reject it. 

2 hours ago, Deevers said:

Reality starting to creep in for clubs like this.  The start of the implosion in League 2.  Pity that they hadn’t seen this scenario playing out and done something about it earlier. What a shame.

Just shows them all up for their complete inability for long term thinking.

They had the chance to participate in discussions for reconstruction but weren't interested because they saw no direct threat to themselves.

Well, they know better now.

Let them -  and others like them - die, they won't be missed. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 hour ago, Herbert said:

We should only have 2 leagues in Scotland and the clubs have to be full time. They could have play offs but the winner must switch to full time. 

This

Hopefully that is the outcome of this shitey virus (from a footballing perspective)

Just finally read the article.

He says they have 4 or 5 players out every game. Isn't that normal? His main worry seems to be Covid. Then he should be calling for every club to follow the Covid protocols including testing.

That will avoid (mostly) games like yesterdays being postponed or losing the 3 points. 

7 minutes ago, OldGorgie said:

From an excellent article in the Guardian -“The men who traditionally run Scottish football are drawn from a cadre of small businessmen who operate in a world where the politics of the masonic hall and golf club still hold sway”

Yeah, but to which of these organisations do Doncaster and Lawwell belong? Lol

10 hours ago, JohnB said:

Hippocrates and hypocrites are easily confused words. Hippocrates (pronounced “hih-paw-krah-tees”) is the name of a Greek man who is considered the father of Western medicine. ... Hypocrites (pronounced “hip-oh-krits”) is a noun. It means someone who says one thing, and does something contrary to what he/she said.

Sorry to be so petty mate.

That's ok I'm an electrician not an English teacher but I'm sure you got my thinking 👍😂

1 hour ago, Riccarton3 said:

I am sure the club would back reconstruction. We as fans can back it, too. The utter hypocrisy spouted from some should not be ignored, though. An acknowledgment of previous crimes would be most welcome. Mend bridges, you know

We were trying to mend the bridge when they and their friends tipped the cement mixer into the fiver, rubber duck them.

Just now, sandylejambo said:

We were trying to mend the bridge when they and their friends tipped the cement mixer into the fiver, rubber duck them.

Y

Rr

That's meant to say river

highlandjambo3

Just sent this to the Albion rovers secretary asking to pass it to their chairman:

Your hypocrisy has no level:

“If only there had been reconstruction proposals put forward months ago that had provisions for some teams to mothball if they didn't think they cold afford to play during the pandemic.“

So, please take your medicine.

A hearts fan.

Made me feel better

Ex member of the SaS
14 minutes ago, Blackshades said:

That's ok I'm an electrician not an English teacher but I'm sure you got my thinking 👍😂

No such a bright spark then eh?😉

Have we not tried this over and over again, when it comes to reconstruction, introducing James Anderson, dealing with fans behaviour etc etc etc

I would rather we just looked after ourselves, regardless of the impact on the wider Scottish football world. 

Ex member of the SaS

On a slightly more conciliatory note I would not like any club to die ( from a fans point of view, ) having said that the fans of these clubs stayed silent and could have done more to influence their chairmen. There was sufficient time for them to gather and protest the route their clubs went down, so on second thoughts feck them all.

Ex member of the SaS
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Have we not tried this over and over again, when it comes to reconstruction, introducing James Anderson, dealing with fans behaviour etc etc etc

I would rather we just looked after ourselves, regardless of the impact on the wider Scottish football world. 

Have to agree, IF there has to be a vote then we should push for every single benefit that suits us and reject forcibly all others that don't.

We can vote for, at any time, but we should not be jumping in until we have a greatly beneficial result that suits us.

Stand up and make it clear we will reject every proposal until all these clubs see the folly of what they voted for last time.

4 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

On a slightly more conciliatory note I would not like any club to die ( from a fans point of view, ) having said that the fans of these clubs stayed silent and could have done more to influence their chairmen. There was sufficient time for them to gather and protest the route their clubs went down, so on second thoughts feck them all.

Their average is crowd in 2019-20 before lockdown was 301

How many of those would have felt strongly enough to contact the club? 10? 15?

Utterly utterly pointless. 

10 minutes ago, Ex member of the SaS said:

Have to agree, IF there has to be a vote then we should push for every single benefit that suits us and reject forcibly all others that don't.

We can vote for, at any time, but we should not be jumping in until we have a greatly beneficial result that suits us.

Stand up and make it clear we will reject every proposal until all these clubs see the folly of what they voted for last time.

It would be interesting to see who runs any reconstruction talks. 

I don’t see it happening on the back of a few diddy clubs moaning anyway. They are only there to do the bidding of the old firm (Celtic in particular) and soon get disposed off after they cast their vote. 

54 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Just shows them all up for their complete inability for long term thinking.

They had the chance to participate in discussions for reconstruction but weren't interested because they saw no direct threat to themselves.

Well, they know better now.

Let them -  and others like them - die, they won't be missed. 

These are the small minded cretins that held sway over the future of our club. Absolutely no ability to work out what this pandemic was going to mean for the game. Self interest to the fore and running  to the media with glee sticking the boot into us at every opportunity.  It’s all turning sour for them now. I wonder which of these tuppence halfpenny clubs will fold first.

Edited by Deevers

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

Got to agree with this. 

If they can't afford to hire a bus for a day then there's no hope for them. 

They are based in the central belt so they don't have many really long journeys and none that require an overnight stay. 

Perhaps the SPFL could help these clubs out by making sure journeys over two hundred miles are always weekend fixtures. 

That's about the only concession I would make. 

It would cost peanuts to hire a coach out just now, bus companies are desperate for every contract they can get. I wouldn't give them any more concessions than we get, They had the chance of reconstruction and voted it down. They will just need to suck it up and get on with it like we have. 

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, Blackshades said:

Maybe this will spark some interest in the English language within you? Plug you into it so to speak.

I'll fetch my coat. :lol:

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Seymour M Hersh
1 hour ago, JDK2020 said:

Yeah, but to which of these organisations do Doncaster and Lawwell belong? Lol

Knights of St Columba? 

8 minutes ago, Seymour M Hersh said:

Maybe this will spark some interest in the English language within you? Plug you into it so to speak.

I'll fetch my coat. :lol:

Shocking !

vlad on the tyne
1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Just sent this to the Albion rovers secretary asking to pass it to their chairman:

Your hypocrisy has no level:

“If only there had been reconstruction proposals put forward months ago that had provisions for some teams to mothball if they didn't think they cold afford to play during the pandemic.“

So, please take your medicine.

A hearts fan.

Made me feel better

Superb 👍

3 hours ago, jamboiain13 said:

small squad, not able to afford travel across the country?  Maybe time to review the 'professional' status of clubs like this and to reconstruct the leagues appropriately.  Junior fitba for the like of them and the other so called pro clubs.  Scotland should never have 4 professional leagues, 2 at most!  Time to shake the whole pyramid up from top to bottom to accurately reflect the capabilities of the teams

Totally agree. We need to condense down the volume of clubs eligible to vote on things which impact the professional game. 

Its absolutely wrong that clubs like Brechin and Albion Rovers have as strong a vote as Hearts, Rangers or Aberdeen. 

Separate them out and allow the professional game to vote on what it needs to thrive and likewise with the semi-professional/amateur.

2 professional leagues and some sort of regional league built up

Edited by OTT

The equivalent of Barrow or Stevenage having a voice on something that would affect Liverpool and Man Utd.

Scottish football is so completely ****in tinpot in every possible way.

The quicker the likes of Albion Rovers die, never to be seen or heard from again, the ****in better.

11 minutes ago, Locky said:

Shiting themselves because they will only stay in the SPFL if they can be slightly less shite than Brechin.

I think the problems of not testing for Covid too. 

Just 1 player tested by NHS for Covid can put whole squad into self isolation for 2 weeks. Which could be 3 games lost. 

LarrysRightFoot

It’s hypocritical but hardly a surprise or unexpected. Suddenly it’s affecting them so it’s required. 

Regardless I am firmly for reconstruction. I think it should be 2 leagues of 16 or 18 with regional below.

Ex member of the SaS

Scottish football needs these small teams, but a complete rethink on how they influence things also needs a rethink. Make the smaller clubs into regional leagues, with the possibility of promotion into a larger regional league, then upwards into the professional leagues. A pyramid system where ability, crowds and finances allow advancement.

Work up from grass roots to the professional leagues and voting on majour issues restricted to the board and top teams.

This means a change from the present system where we have two boards into one. Get rid of the wasters like Doncaster and the board voted in every 4 years, so that the power can't be abused.

Removing the voting system that give two clubs sway over everyone else is also a maust.

The real enemy as always is the league body itself. It shouldn't be lost that these ***** don't really care if clubs are at each others throats so long as their agenda is followed. In fact, any aggro acts as a nice deflection for Doncaster and co despite his weasal words and faux concern. It really is a beast of filers and they wouldn't have it any other way.

LarrysRightFoot
3 hours ago, OldGorgie said:

Got a link to the article? 

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

I think the problems of not testing for Covid too. 

Just 1 player tested by NHS for Covid can put whole squad into self isolation for 2 weeks. Which could be 3 games lost. 

It's almost as if treating semi professional clubs on shoestring budgets as professional, isn't a good set up!