Albion Rovers manager looking for league reconstruction

queensferryjambo

I hope they go down faster than a hobos sister on her old man. Tough titty guys, you reap what you sow. 

How cool is the taste of Karma

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riccarton3

• Nookie Bear

• Mikey1874

• JDK2020

21 minutes ago, The Dog With The Shifty Ey said:

"End of the season you find yourself bottom of the league and having to go into play-offs due to things outwith your control"

You could be forgiven for thinking this had never happened before according to the slavering prick.

Was he outspoken or just happens to now manage a club with a difference of opinion?  

4 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

I hope they go down faster than a hobos sister on her old man. Tough titty guys, you reap what you sow. 

How cool is the taste of Karma

Yes,absolutely delighted a part time shite club are struggling.  It makes up for everything. 

WheatfieldWarrior

It's difficult to have any sympathy with them - what did they think they were voting for when they voted against reconstruction? 

Shanks said no

Completely agree with them taking their medicine, however if there is a groundswell from these tinpot clubs it could very easily happen. 

We won't be safe until we play our first game in the premiership next season.

3 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

They were and I’m not sympathetic to their whining now but I can understand that for clubs like them, Annan, Stranraer etc, including Brora would mean 6 trips a year to the Highlands and Islands. From a cost perspective for clubs like that it can’t be easy.

The clubs based in the Highlands have to make a lot more trips to the central belt and south,vti such as Albion Rovers, Annan etc. Why should central belt clubs be protecte from travelling. 

The real reconstruction Scottish football needs is taking at least 16 clubs out of the professional league system.

Albion Rovers being one of the top candidates.

3 hours ago, Ma Roon said:

Albion Rovers get a proper football club name who do they want to play

City United versus Thistle Athletic 

😀  Good point.   Mind you, imagine if they called themselves Dynamo Coatbridge ........   :rofl:    Probably best they stay anonymous ....... and irrelevant.

2 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

😀  Good point.   Mind you, imagine if they called themselves Dynamo Coatbridge ........   :rofl:    Probably best they stay anonymous ....... and irrelevant.

Or Albion Sunnyside

22 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Yes,absolutely delighted a part time shite club are struggling.  It makes up for everything. 

That part time shite club had an equal vote in our expulsion, based on the cost of travel to two away games. 

Personally I will never forget the role these clubs played, so **** ‘em. 

3 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

They were and I’m not sympathetic to their whining now but I can understand that for clubs like them, Annan, Stranraer etc, including Brora would mean 6 trips a year to the Highlands and Islands. From a cost perspective for clubs like that it can’t be easy.

Now is the time to start talking about reconstruction not 6 weeks before the season starts.

There is a real opportunity to open out the lower levels of Scottish Football and reduce costs for these part time clubs. This could also benefit us by expansion of top league and putting colts teams into the bottom league.

What about the cost to Brora of having to take a bus south every fortnight? Whilst these numpties complained about 1 or 2 long trips per season nobody mentioned that.

53 minutes ago, The Dog With The Shifty Ey said:

"End of the season you find yourself bottom of the league and having to go into play-offs due to things outwith your control"

You could be forgiven for thinking this had never happened before according to the slavering prick.

Emmmm...... no actually.    If you get to the end of the season and you're bottom, it's because you've been the worst team in the league over the whole fixture list.   What's outwith your control about that (apart from all the other teams having more points than you ) ?       

With a bit of luck though, they'll implode well before the end of the season.  Ridiculous that teams like them are even in the senior leagues at all.

4 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

There will be more squealers as the days and weeks go by.........

they can all *** right off.....medicine time

Absolutely we’ve learned to get on with it. Oh woe is me. 

1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

It’s a start....

The point I was trying to make is that realistically the bottom tier should be regionalised. Once you go below the conference in England where most of the clubs are part time, they are regionalised. It’s the same in Germany, Spain etc.

Clubs with gates like Albion Rovers who play in front of about 300 people really shouldn’t be having to pay to go to the Highlands 6 times a year. It’s the same for clubs like Peterhead and Elgin having to travel to Coatbridge or Annan.

Brora are currently in Highland League so aren’t having the same issue at moment. 

If you go to a regional set up, ourselves, Aberdeen, Hibs etc should have the ability to join, not just the OF.

I’m not trying to make excuses for that tinpot outfit. The reality is that Scottish Football is being run by Celtic and held back by teams like Albion Rovers and Brechin City. The one team, one vote system doesn’t work. Why should a team who average 300 fans coming in have the same voting equivalency of a full time club. 

Scottish football needs a radical overhaul and questions about whether part time clubs should be part of a professional set up need to be asked. The point that the Albion manager is making is relevant to all of these part time clubs. They shouldn’t have acted like shithouses earlier in year but the points raised are things that Scottish football need to consider.

39 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

That part time shite club had an equal vote in our expulsion, based on the cost of travel to two away games. 

Spot on Nookie! 👍

48 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

The real reconstruction Scottish football needs is taking at least 16 clubs out of the professional league system.

Albion Rovers being one of the top candidates.

:greatpost:

So the Albion oivers boss is practically saying due to stuff outside control, no-one should face risk of relegation.

And he'd be prepared to travel anywhere in Scotland now so as to ensure his club aren't relegated despite moaning about extra travel and fish suppers a few months ago.

Away tae feck....

Edited by DETTY29

Albion Rovers are a perfect example of the various pointless ‘senior’ clubs that inhabit the Scottish league. They offer literally ****ing nothing to the league or the country. In the past I’d have stuck up for them but after they shat on us I couldn’t care less if the entire club goes to the wall. Karmas a bitch Brian.

Guest ToqueJambo

So what he's saying is smaller teams like his are struggling to play games during the pandemic. Wow, this could never have been predicted. If only there had been reconstruction proposals put forward months ago that had provisions for some teams to mothball if they didn't think they cold afford to play during the pandemic.

2 hours ago, Hearts007 said:

Vote yes ..then change it to no 🤣

That's not allowed, you can only b̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶i̶b̶e̶d̶ change from a no to a yes.

1 hour ago, Nookie Bear said:

Don’t indulge the trolling Hibs *****.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 hour ago, Last Laff said:

We put you out the cup, just get over it.

Anyhow, being part-time didn't prevent them voting to hurt other clubs. If they want to pretend to be a football club they can go non league and not affect clubs that play football for a living.

Edited by ToqueJambo

47 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Albion Rovers are a perfect example of the various pointless ‘senior’ clubs that inhabit the Scottish league. They offer literally ****ing nothing to the league or the country. In the past I’d have stuck up for them but after they shat on us I couldn’t care less if the entire club goes to the wall. Karmas a bitch.

North Lanarkshire team for Celtic to sympathise with.

2 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

To me, that was the most ludicrous thing about the voting system that was almost entirely ignored by the media. 

How is it fair and progressive and for the benefit of professional football if a club with 300 average attendance living hand to mouth and taking more money at the bar than they do at the gate gets exactly the same say as a club turning over £15 million a year with 13,000 season ticket holders.

Its completely insane and the voting system ought to have been tiered by size of club years ago. 

Edited by JimmyCant

38 minutes ago, Whatever said:

Don’t indulge the trolling Hibs *****.

I know 🙈

But I will add, any sense of some “footballing community”

in Scotland was destroyed this summer so I just laugh when we are supposed to feel sympathetic towards any club. 

The Natural Order

Hearts should vote no to any reconstruction proposals until at least 10/15 of these tinpot clubs have died.

They were told we would survive but some of them wouldn't. They didn't listen. Fk them.

3 hours ago, The Dog With The Shifty Ey said:

The thinking last time seemed to be there had to be 'some other /different reason for reconstruction'. No new reason has been offered so far.

6 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

Now is the time to start talking about reconstruction not 6 weeks before the season starts.

There is a real opportunity to open out the lower levels of Scottish Football and reduce costs for these part time clubs. This could also benefit us by expansion of top league and putting colts teams into the bottom league.

If clubs can't afford the cost of travel, they shouldn't be in a national league set up.  Instead, we allow these part time clubs to vote to demote FT clubs like Hearts, and put people out of work during a pandemic.

I've said before, we have too many so called professional clubs in the Scottish League.  There should be 2 divisions, below that regionalised leagues with a pathway into the professional league for ambitious clubs.  

The problem for all these part time clus they voted back in April for football starting up again in October thinking they would have supporters back in by now .the second wave which they were told would happen has left them stranded financially .so ****them

38 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

To me, that was the most ludicrous thing about the voting system that was almost entirely ignored by the media. 

How is it fair and progressive and for the benefit of professional football if a club with 300 average attendance living hand to mouth and taking more money at the bar than they do at the gate gets exactly the same say as a club turning over £15 million a year with 13,000 season ticket holders.

Its completely insane and the voting system ought to have been tiered by size of club years ago. 

I don't know what the combined average home support is of all L1 and L2 clubs, but I would bet it's lower than Hearts.  It's ludicrous that these clubs can vote on important matters that will impact on the livelihoods of FT employees at far bigger clubs.

I suggested a voting system based on the league a club is in.  Premiership teams get 4 votes, Championship 3 and so on.  That would mean that Premiership clubs hold 44% of the total votes and L2 clubs have only 9%.  It goes some way to address the current issue whereby the tail is wagging the dog.

My preference though is just to reduce the professional leagues to 2 divisions and let the wee part time teams play in regional leagues.

Whether Albion Rovers survive or die will hardly register a blip on the radar of Scottish football.

Really, who gives a toss what their representatives have to say about anything?

5 minutes ago, JDK2020 said:

Whether Albion Rovers survive or die will hardly register a blip on the radar of Scottish football.

Really, who gives a toss what their representatives have to say about anything?

I dunno, they are a club older than Celtic...

5 hours ago, Blackshades said:

**** them Hippocrates doesn't come close and they moan about trips up north don't they realise brora would have to do this trip every every 10 days or so .it's the Scottish League not the Airdrie and district.

Hippocrates and hypocrites are easily confused words. Hippocrates (pronounced “hih-paw-krah-tees”) is the name of a Greek man who is considered the father of Western medicine. ... Hypocrites (pronounced “hip-oh-krits”) is a noun. It means someone who says one thing, and does something contrary to what he/she said.

Sorry to be so petty mate.

queensferryjambo
22 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Hippocrates and hypocrites are easily confused words. Hippocrates (pronounced “hih-paw-krah-tees”) is the name of a Greek man who is considered the father of Western medicine. ... Hypocrites (pronounced “hip-oh-krits”) is a noun. It means someone who says one thing, and does something contrary to what he/she said.

Sorry to be so petty mate.

Maybe he meant Hippocrates? 

Take your medicine and all that ;) 

10 hours ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Albion Rovers are a perfect example of the various pointless ‘senior’ clubs that inhabit the Scottish league. They offer literally ****ing nothing to the league or the country. In the past I’d have stuck up for them but after they shat on us I couldn’t care less if the entire club goes to the wall. Karmas a bitch Brian.

Totally agree. 

There days are numbered in senior football as there are many clubs coming from the Lowland and Highland leagues which are far more professional and have much more ambition. 

Its also ludicrous there isn't any automatic relegation from the division anyway. 

vlad on the tyne
14 hours ago, MMHearts said:

Can anyone remember how Coatbridge Celtic voted last season? Anyway sorry Brian now is not the time midway through a season to rush reconstruction simply to save one club😀. Take your medicine etc....

It's a shame but this shouldn't be all about albion rovers. Take yer medicine 😏

Reality starting to creep in for clubs like this.  The start of the implosion in League 2.  Pity that they hadn’t seen this scenario playing out and done something about it earlier. What a shame.

34 minutes ago, Deevers said:

Reality starting to creep in for clubs like this.  The start of the implosion in League 2.  Pity that they hadn’t seen this scenario playing out and done something about it earlier. What a shame.

Yep, but don’t expect the media to stop romanticising about the lower leagues anytime soon.