Albion Rovers manager looking for league reconstruction

queensferryjambo

queensferryjambo

You couldn't make this shit up.

Albion Rovers manager looking for league reconstruction and complaining also about only having 27 games in the season 

You wouldn't think that Albion Rovers voted to end the leagues, against reconstruction and to have a 27 game season or anything like that.........

Take your medicine - you voted for all of it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/albion-rovers-covid-crisis-could-23009817

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Riccarton3

• Nookie Bear

• Mikey1874

• JDK2020

10 minutes ago, queensferryjambo said:

You couldn't make this shit up.

Albion Rovers manager looking for league reconstruction and complaining also about only having 27 games in the season 

You wouldn't think that Albion Rovers voted to end the leagues, against reconstruction and to have a 27 game season or anything like that.........

Take your medicine - you voted for all of it.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/albion-rovers-covid-crisis-could-23009817

True definition of brass neck. 

6 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Hope they and every other club that voted the wrong way dies a terrible death.

This x1,000,000

TBF, Albion’s complaint about the reconstruction proposed meant another 2 trips to the north of Scotland.

Hypocrites for talking about it now when the bite of COVID is starting to really hit smaller clubs but and it’s a big but what they are proposing makes sense especially if all league clubs were asked if they wanted to put a colts team into the pyramid. The bottom tier could be regionalised into west, east and north and a play off system with club who finish bottom of third tier takes place.

I know there are a few junior clubs in west who have already resigned from league or are looking to. In east you could include the likes of Bonnyrigg, Kelty etc. There would probably be enough to form 3 divisions of 10/12 if you included colts teams (colts teams couldn’t be promoted or enter cup competitions). From our perspective, a colts team playing teams like Stenhousemuir or Edinburgh City would be better than loaning out. 

Absolute shithouses for moaning about it when it was touted and now pleading for it, but the longer fans are out of stadiums, the more appetite there will be for reconstruction among the smaller clubs to reduce their cost base. Which if they had to call the leagues, there would be a lot of draft proposals for reconstruction. This might work to our advantage in case clubs like Hamilton and Ross County try to put proposals in to block relegation and promotion

18Jambo_dave74

Were they not the ones that let slip that they didn’t want to have to travel to Brora as it meant having to get up early and get a bus up there?

We got demoted due to clubs like that’s vote.

**** them. 

1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

TBF, Albion’s complaint about the reconstruction proposed meant another 2 trips to the north of Scotland.

Hypocrites for talking about it now when the bite of COVID is starting to really hit smaller clubs but and it’s a big but what they are proposing makes sense especially if all league clubs were asked if they wanted to put a colts team into the pyramid. The bottom tier could be regionalised into west, east and north and a play off system with club who finish bottom of third tier takes place.

I know there are a few junior clubs in west who have already resigned from league or are looking to. In east you could include the likes of Bonnyrigg, Kelty etc. There would probably be enough to form 3 divisions of 10/12 if you included colts teams (colts teams couldn’t be promoted or enter cup competitions). From our perspective, a colts team playing teams like Stenhousemuir or Edinburgh City would be better than loaning out. 

Absolute shithouses for moaning about it when it was touted and now pleading for it, but the longer fans are out of stadiums, the more appetite there will be for reconstruction among the smaller clubs to reduce their cost base. Which if they had to call the leagues, there would be a lot of draft proposals for reconstruction. This might work to our advantage in case clubs like Hamilton and Ross County try to put proposals in to block relegation and promotion

Haaaaaang on, were these the ***** who voted to end the season as they couldn’t afford the bus fair to Brora?

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Haaaaaang on, were these the ***** who voted to end the season as they couldn’t afford the bus fair to Brora?

They were and I’m not sympathetic to their whining now but I can understand that for clubs like them, Annan, Stranraer etc, including Brora would mean 6 trips a year to the Highlands and Islands. From a cost perspective for clubs like that it can’t be easy.

Now is the time to start talking about reconstruction not 6 weeks before the season starts.

There is a real opportunity to open out the lower levels of Scottish Football and reduce costs for these part time clubs. This could also benefit us by expansion of top league and putting colts teams into the bottom league.

28 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Dunno how they can't afford to hire a coach for the day, surly they get a team bus to games closer to home aswell.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
15 minutes ago, Ma Roon said:

Albion Rovers get a proper football club name who do they want to play

City United versus Thistle Athletic 

To be fair to them (and I won't be saying that again!), they were formed from the merger of two teams - Albion FC and Rovers FC, so you can see the point.  A bit like ICT incrporating both names when they combined.

However, Coatbridge FC or Coatbridge United might have been a better choice.  Unless they didn't want anyone to know they're from Coatbridge.  I could understand that.

will-i-am-a-jambo
7 minutes ago, Herbert said:

Dunno how they can't afford to hire a coach for the day, surly they get a team bus to games closer to home aswell.

Apparently it was the petrol costs and the chippie stop costs that were a bridge too far. Talk about tinpot!

How these clubs have the nerve to call themselves professional is beyond me.

Edited by will-i-am-a-jambo

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

He should be more concerned with stadium reconstruction. Have you seen the nick of their shit tip of a ground! 

.................in a shit tip of a town.

34 minutes ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

To be fair to them (and I won't be saying that again!), they were formed from the merger of two teams - Albion FC and Rovers FC, so you can see the point.  A bit like ICT incrporating both names when they combined.

However, Coatbridge FC or Coatbridge United might have been a better choice.  Unless they didn't want anyone to know they're from Coatbridge.  I could understand that.

Shithole Albion would be a perfect fit.

Can anyone remember how Coatbridge Celtic voted last season? Anyway sorry Brian now is not the time midway through a season to rush reconstruction simply to save one club😀. Take your medicine etc....

1 hour ago, Herbert said:

Due to social distancing, they might be needing to hire several coaches for the team, or asking players to drive individually.    

**** them Hippocrates doesn't come close and they moan about trips up north don't they realise brora would have to do this trip every every 10 days or so .it's the Scottish League not the Airdrie and district.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍👍👍 aye ok then Mr Reid. Complete fud 🤣 you had yer chance and ya laughed at it. Wee tip, hold your nose if the medicine is too bitter 👌

20 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not really sure of the point of making these opinions public just now. 

Really? Seems obvious to me that they are in the shite and trying to pre-empt a change before they go pop.

coatbridgejambo
1 hour ago, Andrew Gilbert Wauchope said:

#meto 

Username change methinks 😂

29 minutes ago, graygo said:

Really? Seems obvious to me that they are in the shite and trying to pre-empt a change before they go pop.

pop😂

37 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

I hope we would vote against any league reconstruction now. 

Vote yes ..then change it to no 🤣

Edited by Hearts007

2 hours ago, merseyjambo said:

They were and I’m not sympathetic to their whining now but I can understand that for clubs like them, Annan, Stranraer etc, including Brora would mean 6 trips a year to the Highlands and Islands. From a cost perspective for clubs like that it can’t be easy.

Promotions should be decided on merit and not on tinpot clubs not wanting to travel a bit further than usual.  I know you're only saying you appreciate where they're coming from, but I remember this being trotted out during summer and it was stupid. The ones paying the highest travel costs are the ones like Brora!

"End of the season you find yourself bottom of the league and having to go into play-offs due to things outwith your control"

You could be forgiven for thinking this had never happened before according to the slavering prick.